AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Handle viewer psychology

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2021
5th dimension
Twitter Username
@Trix_dancer
Chaturbate Username
Trix_dancer
Does anyone have any tips on how to psychologically handle 2 different types of viewers in my small room. The first type: the ones who chat a lot but never tip, yet constantly try to motivate others to tip, constantly tell you to check model, in short constantly make suggestions to help you or improve your stream, which ends up just being a mood killer to your stream. Like MOD wannabes. The second type: the ones who keep popping in an out and won't tip or stay until your live is lit enough to join in. They don't like to get things going or help me. Both types seem to wait and hope that my bigger tippers will do all the work. Sometimes they even say things like yay "username" is here! My big tippers sense this and they stop tipping and go quiet because it annoys them, and they too become a tipper until live is lit. And they can't always take me to private, they would get too dry if they did all the time lol. My stream has been up and down lately, and I'm having trouble controlling the viewers when it's down. Lately I've been stuck with 20ish people in my room. I'll get one admirer tipping and then it seems like when he realizes no one else is helping he leaves. I even told my annoying "helpers" to send me 1s when they see someone tipping if they want a show to happen. And they don't lol.

im going on in few minutes, cant wait to deal with them, i fking love it lol xoxo :smuggrin: guess the secret is to love to deal with every single guy in the world:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Trix_dancer
Upvote 0
I'll get one admirer tipping and then it seems like when he realizes no one else is helping he leaves. I even told my annoying "helpers" to send me 1s when they see someone tipping if they want a show to happen. And they don't lol.

Do you have the .. a user must have tipped you in the last 24hours in order to chat.. on? (Edit... Users who have tipped me today)
If not, put it on.. Or put it on when one of your good tippers are on in order to shut the mooches out.

Or just silence them without prejudice . :D
If they are not tipping anyways, why not?

Upvote 0
Having been in rooms with those types of members ... definitely silence the guy who is constantly telling others to tip / tip more but not contributing. Odds are very good that he’s discouraging tippers and probably also discouraging repeat visitors by making the room uncomfortable.

I was a regular for a model that had a guy like this in her room every single day. He would watch the user list and publicly announce when a past tipper had entered the room. He’d tell the model in public chat that her tipper had arrived and now the show could begin. If I didn’t tip to his liking, he would always make a joke about how I was holding back or not doing my part. Telling the model things she should do in order to get members to tip. Just a constant drag and a deterrent. I’d always have it in my mind that if I visited this model, I’d have to deal with that guy the whole time.

You work hard enough to build up your following. Don’t let some dude chase away visitors that don’t want to be constantly called out by some gray squatter for not tipping more.

Upvote 0
Having been in rooms with those types of members ... definitely silence the guy who is constantly telling others to tip / tip more but not contributing. Odds are very good that he’s discouraging tippers and probably also discouraging repeat visitors by making the room uncomfortable.

I was a regular for a model that had a guy like this in her room every single day. He would watch the user list and publicly announce when a past tipper had entered the room. He’d tell the model in public chat that her tipper had arrived and now the show could begin. If I didn’t tip to his liking, he would always make a joke about how I was holding back or not doing my part. Telling the model things she should do in order to get members to tip. Just a constant drag and a deterrent. I’d always have it in my mind that if I visited this model, I’d have to deal with that guy the whole time.

You work hard enough to build up your following. Don’t let some dude chase away visitors that don’t want to be constantly called out by some gray squatter for not tipping more.
Omg.. that's really cringy. That's worse than my case.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have any tips on how to psychologically handle 2 different types of viewers in my small room. The first type: the ones who chat a lot but never tip, yet constantly try to motivate others to tip, constantly tell you to check model, in short constantly make suggestions to help you or improve your stream, which ends up just being a mood killer to your stream. Like MOD wannabes. The second type: the ones who keep popping in an out and won't tip or stay until your live is lit enough to join in. They don't like to get things going or help me. Both types seem to wait and hope that my bigger tippers will do all the work. Sometimes they even say things like yay "username" is here! My big tippers sense this and they stop tipping and go quiet because it annoys them, and they too become a tipper until live is lit. And they can't always take me to private, they would get too dry if they did all the time lol. My stream has been up and down lately, and I'm having trouble controlling the viewers when it's down. Lately I've been stuck with 20ish people in my room. I'll get one admirer tipping and then it seems like when he realizes no one else is helping he leaves. I even told my annoying "helpers" to send me 1s when they see someone tipping if they want a show to happen. And they don't lol.
The first type I tell them politely to stop what they are doing, as it's not helpful. After that it's either silence or ban, depending on how I'm feeling that day. Sometimes I'll just immediately silence, granted it's easier to do that when you aren't worrying about room count.

The 2nd type I don't even pay attention to. It's just the nature of camming, you get used to it.

Upvote 0
Do you have the .. a user must have tipped you in the last 24hours in order to chat.. on? (Edit... Users who have tipped me today)
If not, put it on.. Or put it on when one of your good tippers are on in order to shut the mooches out.

Or just silence them without prejudice . :D
If they are not tipping anyways, why not?
my advice to Trix :) dont do that,, dont put users on mute, image urself sitting there with 20 guest in the room and you staring at yourself and noone talking how furstrating will that be? as we know tippers not really biggest fans of chating and entertaining a room , be happy for everyone whos talking and getting involded in conversation just teach them ur room and what u think is good or not, just tell theme xaclty what u feel , guys will learn and stay there for you . 🤗 for example tonight i start broadcasting for like 5min i was talking alone my sound was not on lol.. good that a grey told me that my sound is not working, , if i was waiting for tippers to tell me was talking alone for 1 h lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anyone have any tips on how to psychologically handle 2 different types of viewers in my small room. The first type: the ones who chat a lot but never tip, yet constantly try to motivate others to tip, constantly tell you to check model, in short constantly make suggestions to help you or improve your stream, which ends up just being a mood killer to your stream. Like MOD wannabes.

"My dude, please don't tell other people what to do with their tokens. If people want to tip me, then they will. You can always lead by example" *wink at cam*

"I appreciate your help, but I think I've got things under control. Just sit back and relax." *start telling a sexy story*

Silence or ban if they ignore you.

The second type: the ones who keep popping in an out and won't tip or stay until your live is lit enough to join in.

This one is something that you'll just have to get used to. However, If you have a better control over the first group, the second group will be more likely to stick around.

Upvote 0
"My dude, please don't tell other people what to do with their tokens. If people want to tip me, then they will. You can always lead by example" *wink at cam*

"I appreciate your help, but I think I've got things under control. Just sit back and relax." *start telling a sexy story*

Silence or ban if they ignore you.

This one is something that you'll just have to get used to. However, If you have a better control over the first group, the second group will be more likely to stick around.
Thank you!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Brit
Upvote 0
Definitely nip that first one in the bud as soon as possible, as it definitely puts off tippers a lot.
Don't hesitate with it, you're not going to be losing anything if they decide "oh no she hates it" and leave. Even when other tippers do this it's extremely frustrating. It's ok when the model or moderator (not excessively) try to encourage some tipping but when others are just trying to encourage it for their own ends, it's really annoying.

Upvote 0
Definitely nip that first one in the bud as soon as possible, as it definitely puts off tippers a lot.
Don't hesitate with it, you're not going to be losing anything if they decide "oh no she hates it" and leave. Even when other tippers do this it's extremely frustrating. It's ok when the model or moderator (not excessively) try to encourage some tipping but when others are just trying to encourage it for their own ends, it's really annoying.

As far as I have seen in the past... when a moderator or room helper tries that kind of begging on the model's behalf [that's the way it comes across to room members] it usually is likened to being tipper kryptonite! Tips will dry up, the chat stops and you will often get to hear nothing but the silence of the clams instead of the jingle of the tips.

Real world parallel: You go to a store, a supermarket for example. You take your trolley (cart) and go inside. If, as soon as you enter the store, an individual suddenly appears beside you as you walk round, telling you to buy this product, a box of that, a jar of the other etc... how fast would you become annoyed and want to leave? Personally I would be out of there in a flash. Let me spend my money as I wish... or I go shop elsewhere.:nod:

If the model reminds the room that it would be nice to tip, most members are cool with that, but annoying moderators begging on the model's behalf will often end up just costing her money... not making her any more. :woops::woops::woops:

Upvote 0
As far as I have seen in the past... when a moderator or room helper tries that kind of begging on the model's behalf [that's the way it comes across to room members] it usually is likened to being tipper kryptonite! Tips will dry up, the chat stops and you will often get to hear nothing but the silence of the clams instead of the jingle of the tips.

Real world parallel: You go to a store, a supermarket for example. You take your trolley (cart) and go inside. If, as soon as you enter the store, an individual suddenly appears beside you as you walk round, telling you to buy this product, a box of that, a jar of the other etc... how fast would you become annoyed and want to leave? Personally I would be out of there in a flash. Let me spend my money as I wish... or I go shop elsewhere.:nod:

If the model reminds the room that it would be nice to tip, most members are cool with that, but annoying moderators begging on the model's behalf will often end up just costing her money... not making her any more. :woops::woops::woops:

It puts tippers (or potential tippers) in the position of not wanting to validate the other guy’s behavior by tipping after he pressured them to do it. Probably not the mindset that leads to a fun, profitable room.

In my own case, there were times I would tip in off-menu amounts so the model wouldn’t be obligated to fulfill a flash (or whatever the closest menu equivalent would have been) because the grey member was so pushy that I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of paying for his free show.

But at that point, I’m also denying myself a better show just to avoid rewarding some squatter, which means he’s now controlling the model’s show in a negative way. Not great.

Upvote 0
It puts tippers (or potential tippers) in the position of not wanting to validate the other guy’s behavior by tipping after he pressured them to do it. Probably not the mindset that leads to a fun, profitable room.

In my own case, there were times I would tip in off-menu amounts so the model wouldn’t be obligated to fulfill a flash (or whatever the closest menu equivalent would have been) because the grey member was so pushy that I didn’t want to give him the satisfaction of paying for his free show.

But at that point, I’m also denying myself a better show just to avoid rewarding some squatter, which means he’s now controlling the model’s show in a negative way. Not great.
For me is all about the way i can handle my room, mods, greys, tippers , etc, i do somehow to make everyone feel good , a mod usual is my friend he knows all my jokes and he laugh at them .. if he say :tipher i start to make fun and tell him broke motherfucker u didnt tip me in last 9 y and u tell others to tip, ignore him guys hes old hes losing his mind, he still owe me easter present from 2002 :giggle: i shoud add on my bio wall of shame you the presindent lol . .. bla bla, people dont take things in serious anymore if you know how to turn things on your side :)) so all laughing, tipping, not thinking anymore about what mod or grey said, only about what i say and if they like they dont care about the rest bushit anymore from others ..

Upvote 0
For me is all about the way i can handle my room, mods, greys, tippers , etc, i do somehow to make everyone feel good , a mod usual is my friend he knows all my jokes and he laugh at them .. if he say :tipher i start to make fun and tell him broke motherfucker u didnt tip me in last 9 y and u tell others to tip, ignore him guys hes old hes losing his mind, he still owe me easter present from 2002 :giggle: i shoud add on my bio wall of shame you the presindent lol . .. bla bla, people dont take things in serious anymore if you know how to turn things on your side :)) so all laughing, tipping, not thinking anymore about what mod or grey said, only about what i say and if they like they dont care about the rest bushit anymore from others ..

That sounds like a perfect, proactive way to handle it.

Upvote 0
So stop giving them attention one day; smile and be nice and tell them.
You need to focus on work, and if no one there can afford to buy you a cup of coffee or a nice dinner than ask them to help with your show or be respectful of your job. Also learn how to have a conversation with yourself lol ask questions; if no one responds answer them yourself and try to change the subject. Be aggressive and serious but also playful and fun.
also change your camera angle and lighting from time to time, sometimes things like that help your cam room stand out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.