AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hanging Around Post-Private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
Question for the models on token sites:
If a viewer had a decent length private show with you, including good tips (or even tipped well over a period of time in the public show), would you expect them to continue tipping if they stayed for the rest of the public show?
And would your answer change if this viewer was a regular or a first-timer?
Thanks!

Why would you expect a good user (who has paid for your services) to give you money if he only passively enjoys the public show (or participates in the chat without any specific requests) to wind down or get in the mood?

Would you prefer him to log in as an anonymous user or activate an invisible mode if the platform allows it, every time he doesn't want to buy services from you?

I don't get it why some models have such problems with users who show themselves visibly in the public chat of a token platform. Everything that happens in public can be viewed or even recorded by any user completely anonymously. Not watching your show secretly, but using the username, which he also uses to interact with you, is actually more polite than hiding in anonymity in my opinion.

I've even read here that some models block such users (and potential customers). Why? Because he did not hide? This has also happened to me myself that I once had a room open because the model was in PVT or on a break and I then forgot about the browser tab. In the PM chat I then read insinuations that I probably had no hand free to write something and was banned. That's one way to scare away your customers...

Why would you expect a good user (who has paid for your services) to give you money if he only passively enjoys the public show (or participates in the chat without any specific requests) to wind down or get in the mood?

Would you prefer him to log in as an anonymous user or activate an invisible mode if the platform allows it, every time he doesn't want to buy services from you?

I don't get it why some models have such problems with users who show themselves visibly in the public chat of a token platform. Everything that happens in public can be viewed or even recorded by any user completely anonymously. Not watching your show secretly, but using the username, which he also uses to interact with you, is actually more polite than hiding in anonymity in my opinion.

I've even read here that some models block such users (and potential customers). Why? Because he did not hide? This has also happened to me myself that I once had a room open because the model was in PVT or on a break and I then forgot about the browser tab. In the PM chat I then read insinuations that I probably had no hand free to write something and was banned. That's one way to scare away your customers...
Are you a model?

To answer the question, I expect nothing but everything is appreciated. I once had a long private with a regular and they hung around for a bit afterwards in public chat and tipped a good amount and I felt super appreciated. I mean, tips never hurt haha

not on a token site. i dont mind people chilling after privates or gold shows. i quite enjoy it. its like pillow talk which happens to be my favorite part of sex because i love to talk. i do expect them to tip if they want to keep the conversation sexual or more attention. that engagement costs money even if their private show is over.

my biggest issue is when members who just purchased privates are attempting to bogart my attention directly after. when the show ends, i'm trying to hustle for other privates or trying to build up a group show directly afterward. on streamate, we get 35%. sure the member trying to get attention may have just spent $150 but i get $52.50. i have to keep going. if their attention-hogging behavior is chasing members out of my room, they get a verbal warning, then kick, then ban. thanks for the show, but no one is going to sabotage me from earning more.

it's like talking to your bartender after they served you. they are still working and they are attending to other people's needs but will chitchat during downtime.

i expect a good user to respect that camming is my job. if that good user wants the same amount of attention, then he needs to tip accordingly. if he isn't interested in tipping anymore, he is welcome to leave, or go into lurk mode. i would expect my good user to set an example of how i expect my audience to behave. if others view a regular not participating in chat and they are getting attention, why should they tip?
yes. leave me alone. im here to work, this is my job. if you aren't interested in a show or tip me a little bit, dont waste my time and energy. there is nothing more disappointing when a reg pops in to say hello, chats with you for a while and tells you they have to leave. at least fucking throw me 5 gold.

because the models are working. they don't want members in their room who dont show that they respect that. they also don't want to waste their time with members who won't engage with them. it's their room.

i don't think you understand that 95% of cammodels are trying to earn a living. our time is valuable, and we can't waste it on people who seem to want to waste our time and take advantage of our attention.

i don't think you understand that 95% of cammodels are trying to earn a living. our time is valuable, and we can't waste it on people who seem to want to waste our time and take advantage of our attention.
I understand that. I also work in what could be considered a service-oriented profession, but it's not uncommon for me to have to spend time with a good customer without immediately making money from it. For example, if I take a client out to dinner, it costs me hours of time and I may even have to pay for their meal - yet it's still worth it because that time is factored into the price of my service in some way.

And if I want to attract a new customer, there are many cases where my effort results in no business later on - this is a mixed calculation and as long as the calculation works out in the end, everything is fine. If not, I have miscalculated and have to work on my business model.

Of course, a client who will only come to me if he has a large project and then gives it to me without much negotiation is the most comfortable, but I don't consider every other customer a nuisance that I would prefer to throw out the door.

There are cases that are not worthwhile from an economic point of view, but I don't see such a case just because a user stays in the public chat for a while and gets to see things there that he never would have had to pay for in the first place, because they are open to every anonymous user. On the contrary, I would be happy that he does not look for alternatives, but feels comfortable with me and therefore probably comes back as a paying customer. .

I understand that. I also work in what could be considered a service-oriented profession, but it's not uncommon for me to have to spend time with a good customer without immediately making money from it. For example, if I take a client out to dinner, it costs me hours of time and I may even have to pay for their meal - yet it's still worth it because that time is factored into the price of my service in some way.

And if I want to attract a new customer, there are many cases where my effort results in no business later on - this is a mixed calculation and as long as the calculation works out in the end, everything is fine. If not, I have miscalculated and have to work on my business model.

Of course, a client who will only come to me if he has a large project and then gives it to me without much negotiation is the most comfortable, but I don't consider every other customer a nuisance that I would prefer to throw out the door.

There are cases that are not worthwhile from an economic point of view, but I don't see such a case just because a user stays in the public chat for a while and gets to see things there that he never would have had to pay for in the first place, because they are open to every anonymous user. On the contrary, I would be happy that he does not look for alternatives, but feels comfortable with me and therefore probably comes back as a paying customer. .
are you selfemployed? are you the owner of your business? do you get a salary? do you get a pension? are you a sexworker?

from my experience from camming for almost a decade, it's not worth going out of your way to offer services or wasting the time that cost you money to hopefully keep someone spending a few hundreds of dollars. regulars aren't forever. it's not worth it. it worth spending your energy and time on people who value your time.

time = money. if someone isn't contributing positively to my goals, my services will no longer be an option for their precious boner/attention. which is totes fine. there are thousands of models live on most bigbox camsites. they can go bug someone else. maybe another model can tolerate their neediness.

He was asking the models. Are you a model? I'm not sure why the need to point out "Everything that happens in public can be viewed or even recorded by any user." Seems like you guys love to come on here posting that, like you're throwing it in our faces "Guess what, bitches? Any of us can record you at any time. *Insert evil witch cackle here*"

Wizard Of Oz GIF

And customers are "scared away" just from us saying hi to them in public chat, so.....

Last edited:
Question for the models on token sites:
If a viewer had a decent length private show with you, including good tips (or even tipped well over a period of time in the public show), would you expect them to continue tipping if they stayed for the rest of the public show?
And would your answer change if this viewer was a regular or a first-timer?
Thanks!

Nope. I realize that many members will log off after they've finished a private show and busted that nut, and that's fine. But I do enjoy it when they return to the public chat, and continue talking to me there (No further tips from that member necessary!). I love when men make conversation in public chat. If you've just spent 1,000 tokens on me in a private show, that's a lot of money, imo, and I'm thrilled. Now come back to public chat to keep me company, if you'd like. :)

This happens a lot on token sites. The customer runs out of tokens but hasn't run out of interest in me. I don't have a problem with it at all. However, even though they got 100% of my attention in private, out in free chat it goes to the highest tippers in the room first, so the customer needs to not have a problem with that.

No, it doesn't matter to me whether they're new or not. Anyone is welcome in free chat on a token site. As long as they respect my hustle we're cool. As long as they continue to spend in the future we can still have a great time together.

I don't mind at all, for the most part. If people wanna hang out and be chill post orgasm that's fine by me. The only time I do mind is when we were casually chatting after, and they try to bring that casual chat into my main room - I'm femdom only and I keep a pretty dramatic, stylized person going when I'm in public chat, which means the "chill pillow talk" vibe isn't gonna work, and very much throws me off.

Having this kind of expectations in this industry is a killer. I don't mean that in the sense that you should settle for little - always know your worth and don't settle for less. Time is precious, so make your time online worthwhile and productive. If a member spends a considerable sum of money with me, I don't expect him to continue tipping me in free chat or so. I enjoy the talking part of this job, so I don't mind him staying in my room afterwards to chat... however, if he asks for something specific, I would expect him to tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.