AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hangover-The hair of the dog that bit you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElaySmith

Cam Model
Dec 20, 2010
www.elaysmith.com
Twitter Username
@ElaySmith
Streamate Username
TheElaySmith
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/10982/Elay-Smith/
I had a little to much fun last night and today I am paying for it.

I know most medical professionals say their is no cure for a hangover but rest, plenty of water, food, and some pain relievers are about you best bet for a cure. With that said my whole life I have always heard people refer to "The hair of the dog that bit you", for those that haven't heard that term it is based on the quaint notion that the best thing for what ails you is more of what ails you.

What are your guys tips for recovering from a hangover? I would love to hear other home remedies and your experience using them.

At this point I am about to try mine, never done it before but I figure that its a win win situation. It will either A. Make me feel better or B. Make me sick which in turn will hopefully make me feel better. I doubt I can feel worse but I will be back to let you know if it works.

Off for my shot of tequila now :dance:

Gatorade and/or coconut water! They hydrate you and replace electrolytes. If I know I'm going to be drinking a lot, I usually put one of each in the fridge the night before. I don't like Gatorade, and coconut water has a weird texture, but they help so much that I just suffer through it. Also I usually feel better after I eat something but food probably sounds disgusting to you right now.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
If you plan to drink to excess, drink plenty of water prior to getting drunk. Also, pace yourself, drink one glass of water after every serving of alcoholic beverage. Keep hydrated while drinking to avoid the hangover in the first place.
I'm also on board with Gatorade the next day... or a bloody mary!

I second the gatorade and pre-hydration. Funny story to go with this post:

Went to a club with some girlfriends and got my drank on. I don't usually drink, but when I do shit gets real. Well, after out drinking all of them, owning beer pong like a boss, and gyrating my pubis in a man-sammich all night, I decided it was time for some bottled water. I get an icky feeling in my tummy that lets me know that if I don't take action there will be more-than-average hell to pay. I got a lot of teasing from friends and strangers alike 'wtf u drinkin water bb!?!?' But guess who had the last laugh? Now when I get water, so does everyone else. It's kind of a funny way we all look back on that memory when I was bouncing around the next day and the rest were...not.

EDIT: Also taking a bath with the lights off, low light candles, and a glass of water or gatorade or something hydrating nearby has always helped me at least relax. Plus, when you have the post-party-farts, it's way funnier in the water than it is stankin' up the place.
Sorry for the TMI bbs! :lol:

Yeah... try and eat something beforehand. Drinking on an empty stomach is never a good idea. Also, swapping out every third alcoholic drink for water will help a lot. If you can, try and stay awake long enough after finishing drinking to get more water down before hitting the pillows at the end of the night. Your head and your stomach will thank you in the morning. :-D

I have officially had one shot of tequila now and am actually feeling better....lol. I am not sure if its more of a mind thing at this point but ill take it however I can get it.

I dont remember how many shots I had last night but I will go with at least 10. I ate and drank (coke) the whole night, I ate first thing this morning and drank water, showered, slept in and all that good shit. I probably should of drank more water last night and would be ok now but hey sometimes I just get caught up in the moment.

Just drink Gatorade mixed with vodka that has been distilled at least 3 times. :lol:

Hair of the dog rarely ever worked for me, but sure as heck got me buzzed again quick. I used to play pool for money, sometimes into the wee morning hours and then have another tournament at 11 am. That's when it worked just to settle the nerves a bit. Ahh yes... tequila sunrises bring back fond memories, lol

i try to drink a vitamin/mineral drink with magnesium before i go to sleep - that really helps a lot.
(if i remember to drink that before i pass out.)

Chocolate milk and exceeding the recommended dose of Motrin (at least 600 milligrams, liver be damned)

Reactions: DrRex
Beers are my hangover cure. I normally drink liquor & actually rarely get hangovers unless I have mixed my drinks a lot. But a couple of beers the next day will always sort me out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.