AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Having trouble ironing out some kinks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2017
Australia
Chaturbate Username
evie_eive_
Hey guys,

So, I'm just over a week into the camming experience and having trouble with a couple of things:

1.) Members loitering in the room and not tipping. Earlier yesterday, I had a great session with <200 people and everyone was tipping very generously. Then, later in the day I had another session with 500+ people and barely made a cent. I've been told to hold off on doing stuff on cam in order to increase tips, but I also don't want viewers to get bored and leave. How do you find the sweet spot here?

2.) Chatting to viewers. I don't know what to say half the time. IRL I can be a bit shy/socially awkward, and talking at a screen isn't much easier. If someone initiates a conversation, I can get into it, but beyond the standard "how are you?", "where are you from?" questions, I get stuck on what to talk about/ask. What kinds of things do you guys chat about? Do you talk about things even if no one is chatting *with* you?

3.) Managing private shows. I try to avoid doing private shows during pre-scheduled broadcasts, since I don't want people who've come along (and potentially tipped generously) to be left in the lurch. I've tried asking people to email me to book sessions, but it's proving to be difficult to coordinate (especially as I'm in a non-US timezone). How do you manage booking privates?

4.) If someone asks you to do something and doesn't put it in a tip request, do you ask them to do so?

Thank you in advance for any replies! :)

What site have you been broadcasting on? I've been camming on MFC for just over 2 months now, so I'm familiar with the "new girl" experience. On MFC, I don't mind when members spend time in my room without tipping; participating in public chat on MFC is actually a great way to contribute when you don't have tokens in your pocket. It helps make your second problem of not knowing what to talk about go away! You also never know if a member might decide on a whim to buy tokens. I'm in a US timezone and spend most of my time in public chat so #3 hasn't been much of a problem for me. And yes - if someone politely requests something, then I politely request that they ask again in a tip note!

1.) I give them tipping incentives. Make it to this amount, and I'll do _____
2.) I never know what to talk about either. I could bring up capitalism in the Ancient East and cite some very interesting books I've recently read. Maybe discuss how colonialism had a negative effect on the textile industry in the 17th century. Usually that bores people. I stick with "how are you, tell me about yourself, what brings you on tonight, what did you do today, got any kinks, and pop culture."
3.) I work on a private based site, I accept any privates already. Ain't much help in that department.
4.) If someone asks me to do something and doesn't put it in a tip request, I tell them to tip me and I tell them the amount it would take for me to do their request.

1.) Your room is your brand, and your chance to make a memorable experience with you. What do you like to do / talk about? If people are enjoying their experience with you, you will naturally encourage them to tip.

2.) Check out twitch.tv! It's a website for live streamers playing video games. Browse through the channels (either high view count, or playing a game you recognize), watch to see how these non-sexual broadcasters interact with their fan base. You'll see how this plays into your first question also. The more people you have in the room chatting and interacting, the more people will tip to get your attention. You can check out some of the high view female streamers (most of the really sexy ones have been banned lol) and see how they use their personalities to make big tip$ even with low view counts. Have fun in your room! Be yourself, make it sexy :) Do things that you are comfortable with.

3.) I'm not experienced by any means, but having tippers hit your Countdown (to remove an item of clothing), will help generate leads (more tips) for Privates, Voyeur, True Privates. As you hit your countdown, update your topic to the next goal. Only set your goal to things you will actually do on cam.

4.) You can leverage your profile, topic, or your whiteboard for a "tip menu". Listen for what people are requesting, and have preset costs to make it easier on you. This encourages people to select what they want prior to tipping, and mentioning it in their tip - this also allows you to ask people to refer to your menu when they incessantly request free perks. Also - if someone is really bothering you, mute/ban them. It's your room, groom out the weeds and you'll build a community you enjoy spending time with.

Status
Not open for further replies.