AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HD camera doesn't work with broadcaster?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

i'm having some camera issues. I use an iMac (not a Macbook) and have been using the built-in FaceTime camera just fine, with no problems broadcasting at all. I now have a Logitech HD Pro C920, Widescreen 1080 P webcam and I want to use it on MFC but it won't work properly with the MFC software! I know that by using this Logitech cam with a Mac I'm losing some special features, and that's fine; however, the camera works perfectly well in every case except when I try to use it on MFC. The picture is weirdly distorted and highly pixelated, and the color is completely wrong.

Does anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this?

i think mfc doesn't support HD cams yet...
i use a pro 9000 but that has HD and other options.. maybe this cam can only do HD and the mfc software just doesn't know what to do with it?
could deform it because it can't handle the high resolution...

that would be my guess

TashaDutch said:
i think mfc doesn't support HD cams yet...
MFC supports HD. But it is very poor and buggy. I think they are still working to improve it. But right now it does not look good. Because of that, some MFC models prefer to turn off HD.

Reactions: TashaDutch
I used the c920 on MFC and it works fine, however I am not using a mac. Even if the cam is HD and MFC is not you can still use it, your just not using the full potential of the camera, which is fine. I am no help other than to tell you its possible, Im not a fan of macs so this is as far as my knowledge goes.

The C910 is supposed to be more compatible with Macs than the C920. But they may have updated the software.

You could always try Boot Camp and boot into Windows or use a virtual machine and load Windows there.... but there may or may not be performance issues.

Since the broadcaster is web based, thus platform agnostic, I would have thought the HD option would be there, though.

As to why it is distorted? I do not know. I use a C615 and when my cam is on on MFC or anywhere else, it seems fine. I would double check the drop down menus for cam selection in the broadcaster and look to see what other options are there that might be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.