AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HELP! I cut my hair & now i'm making no money!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bawksy said:
short hair can sometimes make you look like a bull-dyke. You might be a bull-dyke, but remember, most of your customers on MFC are men. Put on the illusion that they want to see, and you'll make $$$.

i actually have an ongoing joke if someone asks negatively why i cut my hair i tell him i'm a thai lady boy. and i'm no bull dyke - i love me my dickz.

man, lookin back on this now i TOTALLY jumped the gun on thinking a bad night was due to my hair. this month has been my most profitable so far. thanks for the input guys. it's nice to get genuine feedback from other women who cam. :h:

Reactions: Traditio
FifthElephant said:
This is completely unrelated to the above thread.

(found at http://fatpita.net/?i=4501)

That is so fucking cool !!!
And no, I'm not gay, I was pissed when they hijacked the rainbow from us hippies at heart. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

olivialuxxx said:
bawksy said:
man, lookin back on this now i TOTALLY jumped the gun on thinking a bad night was due to my hair. this month has been my most profitable so far. thanks for the input guys. it's nice to get genuine feedback from other women who cam. :h:

Good for you! It's hard not to jump the gun when you have a bad night. You look at yourself and are like okay, what was different about tonight that caused this. If something is new, you wanna point the finger at that but apparently this is not always the case :)

bawksy said:
Long hair is a sign of youth. How many old ladies do you see with hair past their shoulders? I look at the pictures of Ivy Rose, and she looks like she aged 15 years when she lost the hair.

I agree with this comment. Once I cut my hair I realized how much me and my grandma look alike now lol. But I still love my short do. I just do what bawksy mentioned and I give the illusion to the guys when camming then wear my normal hair in real life...works for me.

I know this is settled for Olivia but I will toss my two cents in anyway.

I have never met a man that has married a woman with hair to her ass that was ever happy when she had so much as an inch cut away. They never get happy about it, they just reach a level of acceptance that they aren't growing it so can not make the final decision. They are not any happier the next time the wife shortens it again. And by the time the woman is in her 40s and sporting one of those buzz cuts with slightly longer hair on top, what I call married hair, chances are that any sexual interest has long fallen by the wayside for the spouse. If she has gained the normal 50+ pounds I see with that hairdo anyway. And any man that marries a hairdresser will learn he can never know what to expect from day to day if she works in a salon with at least one other beautician.

I started getting a visible bald spot before I hit 30 so had to buzz my own past the shoulders length hair to avoid the inevitable skullet. So I have had to give up the dream of competing with a beautiful woman on which of us will end with the longest hair but still prefer longer hair everytime. The only time I have no issue with the buzz is if a woman is recovering from cancer treatments or were born with the lambs wool tight curls, be they black, brown or naturally blonde.

And as AlexLady has mentioned with other mods to appearance. I personally have freaked a little when I have purchased several videos to be shot from a woman I like with the tattoos and piercing she had when I bought the set number of videos, and she goes and starts new tats or get more piercings in the middle of shooting and sending them to me 1 or 2 at a time. I have had it happen twice. To go from one tattooed arm and a bare arm, which you can shoot videos and pictures from that side and almost pretend they don't have any ink, to getting both shoulders covered so you can not avoid the ink is rather jarring. I was steamed for weeks. I had loved the contrast of covered in ink and clear beautiful skin. If the rest of her body ever gets covered to the point of Kat Von D were when she is in a bikini you still don't see any unadorned skin I would not send another dime.

If this all comes off as shallow it should. Unless I have a lot of time and tokens invested with a woman that captures me with her eyes or some other nearly unalterable feature I will be on to the next model that fulfills my desires if there are big changes to appearance. This one will be strange to some guys on here too but if a woman gets implants after I have met her I will most likely move on. Now reduction scars look odd but I can understand why they would have had that done and will stay if I have known the model at least a short time.

I have an a-line bob, hits just below my chin, but I knew that I wanted to have long-hair, I noticed most of the successful models have long hair, so I put my extensions back in. In real life, I rarely wear my extensions because my hair doesn't blend perfectly, but from the front it looks natural, so on cam it's perfect. I think the best thing any cam girl can do is invest in some good extensions! While your short hair probably looks hot IRL, it's hard to transfer that over the cam, I think.

Ivy_Rose said:
bawksy said:
Long hair is a sign of youth. How many old ladies do you see with hair past their shoulders? I look at the pictures of Ivy Rose, and she looks like she aged 15 years when she lost the hair.

I agree with this comment. Once I cut my hair I realized how much me and my grandma look alike now lol. But I still love my short do. I just do what bawksy mentioned and I give the illusion to the guys when camming then wear my normal hair in real life...works for me.

one of the first things i told myself when i started camming was to keep my personal life seperate from my camming life. if someone doesnt like something about me on cam i don't take it personally. on that note, i am proud to have my hair like it is because i pride myself on being an alternative to the prototypical model with longer hair. Ivy_Rose you're still so beautiful with hair or no hair, you would just attract a different group of guys is all with or with out your wig. i'm kinda bummed at how this thread turned out because a lot of the responses i received especially the ones from bawksy, stated that beauty all in all needs to be homogenized - long hair included.

all in all, that ONE bad night was worth my reinvention to being the cam girl who won't succumb to the status quo and offers an alternative to main courses if you will! :thumbleft:
(also, i had just started posting on ambercutieforums when i posted this and had the intention to post this in the models only section. i had no intention to get opinions from customers on here.)

olivialuxxx said:
(also, i had just started posting on ambercutieforums when i posted this and had the intention to post this in the models only section. i had no intention to get opinions from customers on here.)
But you learned to love us since then and are happy now that you got some opinions from the other side of the screen. correct?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.