AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HELP ME WITH GETTING PEOPLE IN MY ROOM PLEASE

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God said:
i saw one model get a PS3 and an XBox360 off her wishlist (that's pretty much $1600 worth of gifts counting tax and shipping at the price when they were first released but i know the price dropped some before she got them).

other items i have seen models receive from their wishlist include: new HD webcam, costumes for cosplay shows, lingerie and high heel shoes
I agree that models can receive very expensive and generous gifts from Amazon, but it still isn't the same thing as making money. I do not know of any models who include gifts in their monthly goals - they are just that, gifts. High heels are nifty but I haven't met a landlord or a cable company yet that takes payment in shoes. Nor have I ever met a model who runs a resale business with the gifts she receives. At the end of the day, very few women are going to choose $200 shoes over $130 in cash when they are short on bills. I have seen a lot of good arguments from members that receiving gifts should be treated the same as receiving cash, but I would wager a lot of guys would begin to complain if their bosses started paying 50% of their checks in the form of physical objects.

In the end, getting gifts is nice but I wouldn't suggest a model try to earn her income that way... because it is not income. It is being given nice things. That is different than making money :)

Evvie said:
God said:
i saw one model get a PS3 and an XBox360 off her wishlist (that's pretty much $1600 worth of gifts counting tax and shipping at the price when they were first released but i know the price dropped some before she got them).

other items i have seen models receive from their wishlist include: new HD webcam, costumes for cosplay shows, lingerie and high heel shoes
I agree that models can receive very expensive and generous gifts from Amazon, but it still isn't the same thing as making money. I do not know of any models who include gifts in their monthly goals - they are just that, gifts. High heels are nifty but I haven't met a landlord or a cable company yet that takes payment in shoes. Nor have I ever met a model who runs a resale business with the gifts she receives. At the end of the day, very few women are going to choose $200 shoes over $130 in cash when they are short on bills. I have seen a lot of good arguments from members that receiving gifts should be treated the same as receiving cash, but I would wager a lot of guys would begin to complain if their bosses started paying 50% of their checks in the form of physical objects.

In the end, getting gifts is nice but I wouldn't suggest a model try to earn her income that way... because it is not income. It is being given nice things. That is different than making money :)

This should close the book on that order of business. Evvie nailed it.

pg240 said:
Evvie said:
God said:

Book is reopened. Nail missed.

I tend to disagree, and so would the IRS. While it's not cash, you are receiving goods that you don't have to spend the cash you did make to buy those goods. You are now cash ahead from people sending you those goods.

The above examples were derived from the stand point of silly fluff items that you don't normally need and therefore do you no good toward paying the rent. Look at it from a different standpoint. Say you need a new Canon T3i to be able to take videos and picture sets for selling while camming. If someone sends you the camera, that's $600 cash you now have in your pocket because you didn't have to pay for it yourself. That is money earned.

If the model has a shoe addiction (shocking i know) and would buy shoes anyway, a gift of high heels translates directly into cash. You're just thinking of the gift only, you're not thinking of the money not spent as part of the equation.

If my boss started paying half of my wages in shoes, clothes, cleaning supplies, games, computers, etc... Hell to the yes I would be happy and wouldn't be complaining a bit, as long as it was stuff I would be buying anyway. Now all those 'gifts' are more easily hidden away from the IRS and not had taxes taken out. I'd be money ahead at the end of the month. Since models can easily choose what items are on their wishlist those items should be there if they are tight on money. And don't tell me wishlists are for 'sex and camming' related items. I've seen one model in the top 20 have a toilet, a doorknob and and other house renovation items on hers. Anything goes.

Where I agree with your argument is on the gifts that are not necessary. Those items that would not have been bought normally do nothing toward paying the bills. But then again in that case maybe the model would be wise to rethink what items she puts on the wishlist?

JerryBoBerry said:
pg240 said:
Evvie said:
God said:

I tend to disagree, and so would the IRS. While it's not cash, you are receiving goods that you don't have to spend the cash you did make to buy those goods. You are now cash ahead from people sending you those goods.

The above examples were derived from the stand point of silly fluff items that you don't normally need and therefore do you no good toward paying the rent. Look at it from a different standpoint. Say you need a new Canon T3i to be able to take videos and picture sets for selling while camming. If someone sends you the camera, that's $600 cash you now have in your pocket because you didn't have to pay for it yourself. That is money earned.

If the model has a shoe addiction (shocking i know) and would buy shoes anyway, a gift of high heels translates directly into cash. You're just thinking of the gift only, you're not thinking of the money not spent as part of the equation.

If my boss started paying half of my wages in shoes, clothes, cleaning supplies, games, computers, etc... Hell to the yes I would be happy and wouldn't be complaining a bit, as long as it was stuff I would be buying anyway. Now all those 'gifts' are more easily hidden away from the IRS and not had taxes taken out. I'd be money ahead at the end of the month. Since models can easily choose what items are on their wishlist those items should be there if they are tight on money. And don't tell me wishlists are for 'sex and camming' related items. I've seen one model in the top 20 have a toilet, a doorknob and and other house renovation items on hers. Anything goes.

Where I agree with your argument is on the gifts that are not necessary. Those items that would not have been bought normally do nothing toward paying the bills. But then again in that case maybe the model would be wise to rethink what items she puts on the wishlist?

But then again, we're back to a model being online and receiving payment in the form of gifted items rather than tokens thus affecting her camscore (fewer tokens = lower camscore = lower exposure = less money earned) and her ability to make money to pay for things that she has to spend actual money on like rent and electricity.

AllisonWilder said:
But then again, we're back to a model being online and receiving payment in the form of gifted items rather than tokens thus affecting her camscore (fewer tokens = lower camscore = lower exposure = less money earned) and her ability to make money to pay for things that she has to spend actual money on like rent and electricity.

There are extended tradeoffs that would be taken into consideration. I agree with you on that. My comment wasn't addressing any other potential cash earnings and how they would be affected. Purely whether gifts can be considered as a form of money that can be calculated into monthly earnings.

Reactions: pg240
JerryBoBerry said:
AllisonWilder said:

There are extended tradeoffs that would be taken into consideration. I agree with you on that. My comment wasn't addressing any other potential cash earnings and how they would be affected. Purely whether gifts can be considered as a form of money that can be calculated into monthly earnings.
Yes, technically speaking, gifts are a form of monetary compensation according to the IRS.

Yes, a model who NEEDS something in the end will either financially break even if someone buys her the item (in lieu of tipping) or come out ahead (if the item is bought in addition to tipping). Introducing addictive shopping in to the equation seems silly and would probably not apply to the majority of women with wishlists. And eventually there is a limit to how much stuff someone needs. There comes a point when gifts become superfluous and the model would have never spent her own money on it anyway. That becomes a problem when a model sets up her income to come from gifts, and eventually finds herself with $700 in gifts and $300 in cash - and I have still yet to see someone argue how the model is supposed to get said cash when the end of the month rolls around. Even on sites without camscore, there comes a point when you need money to buy food and pay for your internet bill and another camera isn't going to do anything to help out with that.

However, in the end - many models treat gift wishlists as gifts and do not promote their wishlists as a source of income. While some models may indeed calculate their gifts in to their monthly income, I have literally never seen a model say, "well I got $500 worth of gifts from Amazon so that is $500 less I need to make on MFC!" This would indicate to me that while members do consider gifts to be equivalent to cash, models do not. I actually wonder a lot why dudes argue this issue so rampantly.

I have been camming on/off for 7 years. So much has changed in that time of how models make money. This whole "tip" thing is new for me. I appreciate the girl who originally asked questions and I most certainly appreciate everyones responses! Thank you! I have kept my same cam name through out all this time, but since I took a break for a few years, now I feel like I'm building up from the bottom again, but in a whole new ballgame that I am unfamiliar with. lol

Reactions: Poker_Babe
JerryBoBerry said:
pg240 said:
Evvie said:
God said:

No. I do extremely limited amounts personal shopping in the past year. I don't even hardly buy cam stuff, and when I do it's on the cheaaaap and never online. Hey! whose that girl with no anything on the walls or fun decor ever?? me.
I have never made a wishlist, or requested gift cards as camming is my only job and all of my money goes to living expenses and old debts. Maybe it's stupid and maybe there are other things that could help, but don't want em.

Times I'm able to make extra money it goes towards bigger payments, car savings, or a night out of the house.
I would love, love, love a shopping spree and have not even bought a pair of new jeans in over 2 years. HOWEVER no.
Cash. Paper.... errr Tokens. Money.
Thank you.

The only time I've ever considered making a wishlist is because people get kind of curious about your personality too see the things you like which I can understand...And fuck me when I do have the money to splurge I have some damn good tastes
But at the end of the day if someone spent a ton of money on me on a "thing" when I have so many other financial obligations and priorities right now I would be more frustrated than appreciative.

Good debate. I still side with Evvie that cash is better. It's liquid and can put food in your belly and pay the rent. True, the IRS would consider gifts to models as income, but I didn't see that as the point. I saw it as a sheer matter of utility. And, of course, Jerry did cite some practical gifts that remove the need for cash outlay outlay by a model. But, really how much of that happens with expensive items such as cams or laptops? Perhaps more than I think.

A tricky area might be accepting those gifts to be used as tools of the trade (lingerie, dildos, vibrators, etc.), then trying to deduct them as business expenses.

Some models obviously enjoy getting gifts, particularly items such as clothing that have practical and necessary uses. And some members may like giving them, because there's no camming middleman taking a cut (just another business!).

But I would think the bottom line for most would be cash income. You can't cam forever, and you can't put a pair of shoes in an IRA -- unless you sell them on eBay and get some cash.

pg240 said:
Good debate. I still side with Evvie that cash is better. It's liquid and can put food in your belly and pay the rent. True, the IRS would consider gifts to models as income, but I didn't see that as the point. I saw it as a sheer matter of utility. And, of course, Jerry did cite some practical gifts that remove the need for cash outlay outlay by a model. But, really how much of that happens with expensive items such as cams or laptops? Perhaps more than I think.

A tricky area might be accepting those gifts to be used as tools of the trade (lingerie, dildos, vibrators, etc.), then trying to deduct them as business expenses.

Some models obviously enjoy getting gifts, particularly items such as clothing that have practical and necessary uses. And some members may like giving them, because there's no camming middleman taking a cut (just another business!).

But I would think the bottom line for most would be cash income. You can't cam forever, and you can't put a pair of shoes in an IRA -- unless you sell them on eBay and get some cash.
I think that on a forum discussion, someone would eventually bring up the fact that all transactions through a third party have a middle man and the only effective way to pay a model is to meet up with her and hand her cash :lol:

I do not think anyone is denying that gifts are special and valuable. But I cannot see the point where objects = money in the majority of situations (granted, there are always special circumstances). I have to say that getting gifts makes me stupid happy, but I cannot recall a personal situation where I have received a gift and then deduced the value of that from my payday goals. The only situation where I can see this happening is if a lady increased her regular goals to buy a necessary item - and upon receiving it as a gift, she lowers her goals to normal. Otherwise, I struggle to see how gifts could be a good source of income or how a model would benefit from receiving a large part of her income through objects instead of money.

I don't want to sound callous about it, but when it comes down to income, I believe that while most people love to get presents, few people would be happy about being paid in objects. There is a reason we moved beyond the barter system. There is always a point where you would rather have money in your bank account than a new item on your shelf, and I think that point comes sooner than most people would realize.

Evvie said:
I don't want to sound callous about it, but when it comes down to income, I believe that while most people love to get presents, few people would be happy about being paid in objects. There is a reason we moved beyond the barter system. There is always a point where you would rather have money in your bank account than a new item on your shelf, and I think that point comes sooner than most people would realize.

I agree, but still think if the model has the right items on her wishlist being bought at the right time, then camscore ramifications aside, she could safely allow some of her "income" to arrive in the form of gifts. There are more wishlists out there than just Amazon and there are gift cards available for just about everything - food, toiletries, clothes, home improvements, electronics, entertainment... Gifts will never pay for bills directly, but if a model spends $50 a week on food shopping, and a member gifts her a $200 gift card for said food shopping, that's $200 freed up for bills that month.

I'm not suggesting that any model should do this, as I agree that money in the bank is simpler and better, just that gifts can factor into a model's monthly earnings :twocents-02cents:

it is also good to keep in mind that people can view your chatroom topic and profile without going into your chatroom. a topic that says "chatroom" isn't going to attract many fun-seekers.

if you are planning something when you get enough tokens, let that be known in the topic. some people just need a "reason" to tip a model.

i recently saw a model say something on her mic that could potentially get her less money. she was on the subject of college and decided to say on her mic that she had a student loan for housing a couple of years ago but that her classes were all paid for by a scholarship, which could be a turn-off for guys trying to help or for people who want to help put a girl through college.

a lot less people will read your profile, but if they do read it, you might want to answer at least some of the more commonly-asked questions (don't give out much personal information because some guys will never stop asking until they find out what you won't answer). also be careful what you say on your mic.

i know the subject is getting more people in the chatroom, but what about trying not to scare them away? muting basics and guests will help. talking to people in your chatroom will help. if you aren't getting many visitors or tokens, it's worth a try to just go into your chatroom with the goal of having some fun. let the visitors surprise you with tips, they love to do that. i've seen models asking why their pet gets more tips when it's on cam. you could even try stripteasing without the nudity part to attract visitors who are watching from outside the chatroom. some models have been known to ban quickly and this could be why guys are watching them from outside the chatroom. i am trying to make all the advice very vague because i don't want to get into nude vs. non-nude which can lead to drama.

I think people are overestimating vouchers and wishlists on regular grocery sites... Maybe it's different in the states, but in the Uk I couldn't do that. I have looked into it.

Like has been said, there is only a certain amount of items that you can get. Take me for example, in my whole time of camming I have needed items a few times for camming, an hd cam, a few dildos, a laptop... that's pretty much it. Since camming there have been things from Amazon that I'd like to buy, usually books, but also things like rugs for my horse etc. Essentially not loads though. An item every few months, and usually fairly cheap.

I don't like spending money on Amazon for the reason that if people send me a voucher Mfc won't get the cut, and it's more likely for me to get vouchers if I ask than tokens. If I want something I usually ask twitter if anyone wants to buy vids for vouchers. It usually works pretty quickly. But this happens like once every few months.

I actually enjoy doing my food shopping in a supermarket. I wouldn't buy shoes or clothes over the internet either, I like trying them on and seeing them in real life first. I like spending my own money.

I think it's kind of a moot point arguing it, because as much as you could get all your household items from a wishlist, how many household items does a person really need? I can't pay the farmer who's farm my horse lives at with items from a wishlist, I can't pay rent, bills, council tax. Literally at most I'd be able to spend £100 a month on wishlist items and most of them would be things I'd want to buy anyway rather than necessary items. Things I might hold off on buying as I'd need the money for other things.

God said:
it is also good to keep in mind that people can view your chatroom topic and profile without going into your chatroom. a topic that says "chatroom" isn't going to attract many fun-seekers.

if you are planning something when you get enough tokens, let that be known in the topic. some people just need a "reason" to tip a model.

i recently saw a model say something on her mic that could potentially get her less money. she was on the subject of college and decided to say on her mic that she had a student loan for housing a couple of years ago but that her classes were all paid for by a scholarship, which could be a turn-off for guys trying to help or for people who want to help put a girl through college.

a lot less people will read your profile, but if they do read it, you might want to answer at least some of the more commonly-asked questions (don't give out much personal information because some guys will never stop asking until they find out what you won't answer). also be careful what you say on your mic.

i know the subject is getting more people in the chatroom, but what about trying not to scare them away? muting basics and guests will help. talking to people in your chatroom will help. if you aren't getting many visitors or tokens, it's worth a try to just go into your chatroom with the goal of having some fun. let the visitors surprise you with tips, they love to do that. i've seen models asking why their pet gets more tips when it's on cam. you could even try stripteasing without the nudity part to attract visitors who are watching from outside the chatroom. some models have been known to ban quickly and this could be why guys are watching them from outside the chatroom. i am trying to make all the advice very vague because i don't want to get into nude vs. non-nude which can lead to drama.
I found myself surprised that I actually agree with all of this :D pretty sure that is a first time ever thing. Bolded the things I especially agree with.

I do want to add the caveat, though, that NO advice is universal. One guy might be turned off if a model got a full scholarship to college, other dudes will not care, and others will appreciate her smarts or her honesty and give her money. Some models may be able to log on "just for fun", while other models could never do so. And I'm not sure what stripteasing without nudity is but it would certainly work for some women and not for others.

After all the advice comes through, sooner or later a lady has to figure out for herself what is going to work for her, because nobody else can determine it. I also like to think that different advice for non-nude models wouldn't spark drama as we tend to be pretty mature about that here, but I haven't been around very much lately :D

Considering the OP hasn't been back since May 30, it's probably an accurate assessment that any advice at this point isn't going to be taken into consideration by her.

Reactions: kittieturner
Well since OP jumped ship I'll weigh in on the derail with something everyone seems to be missing.

Write offs. The biggest argument FOR gifts being counted towards monthly goals is camming supplies that you would have bought anyway because you need them for work.
If you buy it for me, I have to pay taxes on it... If I buy it for myself out of my own business account I get to write it off and instead of it costing me more than the product is worth, it's actually costing me less due to the write off.

Status
Not open for further replies.