AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

help mee!!!! cam score and freeloaders

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2014
Hello
My name is Aubree, I recently joined myfreecams.com and I wanted some advice.
My cam score is 468 and I rank #4603 out of the models on myfreecams, I usually have about 25 premiums on my room a night, my first paycheck was 355.00 and im coming up on my next at 300.00
I have a lot of regulars but only 3 tip me. Every time I do a “mini” show everyone relys on thos 3 people to tip me they all free load for a free show and when I suggest others help tip they call me unnatractive and say all I want is money and I tried stopping to see if others woud tip to see me do things people leave… tell me im no fun….
I have tried token board, I dance, I dirty talk, I sell photos and iv sold one video. My goal usually is 500 because I make that most nights and I tell everyone “any tip to flash anything” or “tips make me wet” or even “tip to start and keep the sow going”
im not sure why I attract Freeloaders, or what im doing wrong, im on cam everynight from 8pm to 2am….
Im trying to make a min of atleast 500.00 a check but im not sure wat im doing wrong…
im pretty enough to get them to my room but not pretty enough to get them to tip?
I tried going on during the day I did horrible… because my regulars weren't there…..
please help me!

From Tesla Tumblr, here is what you need

Let’s Talk Maths, BBs

The site is called MyFreeCams so freeloaders will inevitably come with the territory. it’s not called EveryPersonMustPayCams. The entire site was built around a social framework and the framework looks like this: Free chat = more viewers = a percentage buy tokens and tip = profit. A PERCENTAGE. Always and forever.

MFC is marketed as a social media site, and social media sites are notoriously free. The onus is on you, the model, to do only what you are comfortable with in public chat and for free. You are giving this show away to any straggling wanderer with an internet connection on several continents. For free. You will never have 100% viewer tips, that is not a rational or feasible goal and setting yourself that expectation will lead to heartbreak, bitterness, and resting bitchface syndrome.

There will always be a percentage of guests, a percentage of basics, and a percentage of non-tipping premiums (some of whom are temporarily not tipping, some who will never ever ever tip you even when they have tokens, even if you are on an organ transplant list and your house is on fire). On the bright side, some of those lurking guests and basics will become premium members and some of them might even tip you someday. Letting go of a scalding hatred for freeloaders is, well, freeing. And then you start to feel better. And the better you feel, the happier and more relaxed you will be on camera = profit. If there is some activity that you feel is worth a certain amount of money to see, then don’t do it in public chat. Because, handily and not accidentally, the site was also designed with the option for tipping to see more via groups and privates.

I get as frustrated as any other girl, dancing my heart out to a room full of crickets some nights, but it really helps to keep the design of the site in mind and find ways to use that design most effectively.

Source: http://teslawynn.tumblr.com/post/857520 ... -maths-bbs

oh dont get me wrong i enjoy talking to everyone. and i do talk to everyone. i enguage with poeple and have made friends... i was just wondering if i was doing anything wrong =/ feel kinda like a failer when i see u tube videos about models making a min of 7000 a night and a night i make about 600

lovexxmyxxboys3 said:
oh dont get me wrong i enjoy talking to everyone. and i do talk to everyone. i enguage with poeple and have made friends... i was just wondering if i was doing anything wrong =/ feel kinda like a failer when i see u tube videos about models making a min of 7000 a night and a night i make about 600

making 7000 tokens in one night is rare for most models!

Set bar lower, the amount you need to pay your bills. If you only want the money you wont make it. At ANY job, if you just look at " oh, lawyers make so much money! i should be one" you are not doing the right thing. Do what you love with love and the money is a consequence. It is about working to provide entertainment, the money will come if you are good at it.

Never joins a job or any source of work just aiming the paycheck. You must like what you do to get it back. I believe in Karma so that's how i think :thumbleft:

I never seen you on cam, so i dont know if you are doing anything wrong or just acting like that. But for this two posts looks like you are being to anxious about making more and more money, but i dont know if you are willing to give away more of yourself to work around the shows for it. Use the search tool for games ideas to engage a room and have fun :)

It is NOT easy to make the tokens. It takes lots of hard work and fanbase to build for that. Aim lower so you feel grateful for you goal, aim higher but know that you can get frustrated easier.

300.00 every 2 weeks is not enough to pay my bills. thats why i said i want to make atleast 500 every 2 weeks. im not setting the bar at 7000 a night lol im not crazy lol but i want to atleast pay my rent and stuff. not saying all i want is money.

i feel you! mfc is a really hard cam site to work on, and it takes a ton of time and hard work to build up regulars. have you considered trying a different site? relying on a different site to be your main income for now might be a good idea, just so you can focus on raising your camscore without the added stress. streamate is good if you're cool with doing hardcore stuff in privates.

also, are you promoting? i always do way better on mfc when i post lots of pictures to my tumblr/twitter. it makes it easier for people to find you when your camscore is on the lower side.
also, do you have a good webcam? good lighting? there are a lot of different factors with mfc!

Reactions: FirePlay69
i have good lighting i cant seam to get the money together to get a new cam or else i would. and yes i premote myself on twitter @aurbreeD if ur interested, i made a chaturbate account but i cant seam to figure it out yet

lovexxmyxxboys3 said:
i have good lighting i cant seam to get the money together to get a new cam or else i would. and yes i premote myself on twitter @aurbreeD if ur interested, i made a chaturbate account but i cant seam to figure it out yet

your twitter is confusing, you use lots of hashtags and i cant find an easy link to your profile or MFC room, so i have no idea what is your link on MFc to take a look. If i was a member i would just walk away on your social media.

I recommend you to put your profile link on twitter bio, when you get online dont use tons of hashtags, use the myfreecams.com/#yourusername.

Could you link us your MFC profile?

ah, you should definitely make getting a new cam a priority! getting an hd webcam can make a HUGE difference. maybe you could ask for amazon gift cards, or do a special saving up thing on mfc with little prizes and stuff?
and w/ your twitter: what gween said. a lot of people are too lazy to search for you themselves. you could also tweet about stuff that's not sexy/cam-related so people see you as a human and you look less spammy (i'll admit i'm really bad with this too tho).

chaturbate has been worse than mfc in my experience, but idk, a lot of models love it there so you might like it. but be warned that they don't treat their models very well! they've been known to ban people for no reason.

I looked all your tweets, i found some pictures tagged with you IRL twitter! DELETE THEM ASAP!

Connecting your personal life with camming is NOT good for your safety or family. Dont tag your pictures with a link that leads to your family pics/house location.

I stalked you right now at a point i am not proud of :oops: ( i am that bored, i know) but i really wanted to find your MFC profile.

GET SAFE!

lovexxmyxxboys3 said:
my mfc url should be in my bio on twitter i put it there when i created the account... im not sure how far u got but im almost 100% sure i havent put anything on there that links to my personal life. idk. my name on mfc is amdix0530 http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Amdix0530 please help me figure out where my security flaws are

I PMed you the security things. For your profile it is hard to read! get a better background that matches your font color.

http://mfcprofilesbasics.blogspot.com.br/ here you can find some pretty good tips about how to redesign your profile!

I'm a noob too to MFC. I screwed up in the beginning by staying logged into my MFC account and fucking around for days trying to figure out how to pimp my profile. Now I know that wasn't important. What was important was keeping my camscore up.

Now my camscore aint that great, but I usually make my token goals for the day.

Before I started, I spent a couple days watching models on MFC to find out what I should do to make tips. I didn't know about camscore then. I was simply watching to see who was getting a lot of tips in their rooms and who wasn't. Here's what I saw:

The girls who were fun and engaging, who talked a lot, who danced, who did shows like body paint and glitter made a lot of tips. The girls who sat in front of the cam saying, "Tip me guys, come on, TIP ME," didn't make the tips. Also, the ones who looked perfect but were sitting there all snooty and not talking didn't make the tips either. It matters less what the girl looks like, and more that she has a friendly, fun personality. And the less you stress about tokens, the more you are likely to make. When you're stressed it shows and it's hard to be fun and friendly.

I would say just watch some models, find some you like who are making good tips and incorporate some of their ideas into your shows.
Mute Guests and Basics.
Do not stay logged into MFC on your model account when you are not on cam.
HAVE FUN!

I am considering Chaturbate if MFC gets too challenging. I really like MFC. I just hate the scamscore system.

amdix? My first reaction reading that as your model name left me scratching my head. What is that? You don't sound like a cam girl, that sounds like a random member name.

Rename yourself to something that makes you sound like an approachable attractive girl, not a robot. :) Make it your brand, promote your link better on Twitter (and actually tweet like a human who is looking for some genuine interaction).

Have you read https://www.camgirlwiki.com/ at all? Check out the section of "Marketing and advertising yourself and your shows for some basics.

I agree with Amber. You need to figure out a flattering username. First of all, make SURE that you don't use your real life name ANYWHERE for camming. ALWAYS go by the fake one. And make your username reflect that. If a member is looking for a girl to watch, he's likely to go into a room that interests him from the name. For example, if he wants a pretty girl-next-door type, he'll probably visit "AmberCutie" or "LuckySmiles." If he's a stoner, he'll look for girls like "TeaCakes420" (she has since changed her name, but it's the first to come to mind). If he's into video games, he'll probably go into "HyruleFairy" or "Motherbrain"'s rooms. If you don't know or want to specifically fit into any category (video-games, stoner-girl, etc), just think of a cute first name. Make that your username on all of your camming sites. Then make your twitter MATCH. For instance, if your username is Julia, try to set up a twitter for "JuliaMFC" or "Your_Julia" or something similar. It not only makes it easier to find, it also makes you seem more professional.

lovexxmyxxboys3 said:
mfc didnt tell me it was the name everyone would see i just made it the same as my email. and i dont give out my real name.
You can easily change it and I would definitely not have it be the same as your email! Hacking into an email is not that complex. So an email you give out, should not have any of your personal information stored in it.

you should choose a fake name, then a new username, then make a WORK ONLY email with NO real info about you/your location, then you should use that email for work stuff (twitter,mfc,anything) it's super important to keep work and personal life separate. Also perhaps put a cute pic of you smiling as your twitter avatar? in my experience guys are more likely to get friendly and chat (and hopefully eventually tip) girls who seem more human and approachable, and a friendly face is a good way to seem fun and friendly

also i know a lot of people hate chaturbate, but i LOVE it. so perhaps explore that a little, or even another site like SM. it's good to have options :D

edit: i looked at your mfc and your avatar on there is SUPER cute! :D

Hi,

Firstly welcome to MFC! Secondly, we have all been where you are. We have all been new, we have all had quiet nights and we have all looked at our camscores and wondered what on earth we are doing wrong. So I wanted you to know you aren't alone. I have a couple of pieces of advice and they may or may not help.

1. You have two choices at this point! Give up or go hard! If you decide MFC isn't for you, there are other camsites such as Streammate or chaturbate and girls can and do make money from those. But you will still have to work at it to build a fan base. If you stay on MFC...

2. Forget about what other girls are making/doing! Watching other girls and wondering what it is you are doing wrong, will do your head in! Be you! Figure out what attracts members to you, and do it!

3. Make some content, stick with in your boundaries, do not ever do anything that you are not comfortable with! A few tokens is not worth selling your soul for. Offer offline deals for your content and online deals.

4. This is the biggest one! Be consistent with your camming. Have a schedule and try to stick to it.

5. If you are online and stressing, take a few minutes off to refresh.

6. Promote yourself. twitter, tumblr etc. network with other models.

If you are already doing these things. Keep at it! You are new and it takes time.

I_Am_Iris said:
I agree with Amber. You need to figure out a flattering username. First of all, make SURE that you don't use your real life name ANYWHERE for camming. ALWAYS go by the fake one. And make your username reflect that. If a member is looking for a girl to watch, he's likely to go into a room that interests him from the name. For example, if he wants a pretty girl-next-door type, he'll probably visit "AmberCutie" or "LuckySmiles." If he's a stoner, he'll look for girls like "TeaCakes420" (she has since changed her name, but it's the first to come to mind). If he's into video games, he'll probably go into "HyruleFairy" or "Motherbrain"'s rooms. If you don't know or want to specifically fit into any category (video-games, stoner-girl, etc), just think of a cute first name. Make that your username on all of your camming sites. Then make your twitter MATCH. For instance, if your username is Julia, try to set up a twitter for "JuliaMFC" or "Your_Julia" or something similar. It not only makes it easier to find, it also makes you seem more professional.

For me personally, as a member, username/screen names are important for getting my attention. Just ask KayleePond...as soon as I saw that name, my Firefly/Doctor Who fandom went bonkers, and I was in, hook, line, and sinker.

Just to give you some insight:
I'm a 1500 CS model. The amount of tippers I have really varies. :) Chin up! No matter what, it's gonna fluctuate, and that's a lesson I'm learning the hard way.
I agree with Amber, why not find a name that speaks more about you?
Are you a tease? Are you a geek? Are you a girl who likes Body Mods?
Find your personality and I bet you could have an amazing name.
Also, if camming hasn't worked out for you, have you looked into an option of selling clips? It's a good way to make money here and there. Like someone suggested: look into multiple sites.
Hope it helps!

ComicOzzie said:
I have a lot of regulars but only 3 tip me

Those non-tippers aren't regulars. They are freeloaders.

I disagree with this sentiment. Granted, there will always be "freeloaders" who come in every night, never chat, never tip, never contribute anything to the room. However, those are different from regulars. Regulars are people who make it a point to see you as often as possible, who talk often in chat. The ones who make your room friendly and inviting. I have some regulars who have never tipped me (because they just don't have the extra means), but they are always welcoming people to the room, making jokes, and who make me ENJOY my time on cam. While they might not help monetarily, they are helping in so many other ways. To be honest, I feel like I would be more saddened losing one of them than I would someone who tipped often but never chatted.

I think a regular is someone who benefits the model (whether through tips or conversation).

I_Am_Iris said:
ComicOzzie said:
I have a lot of regulars but only 3 tip me

Those non-tippers aren't regulars. They are freeloaders.

I disagree with this sentiment. Granted, there will always be "freeloaders" who come in every night, never chat, never tip, never contribute anything to the room. However, those are different from regulars. Regulars are people who make it a point to see you as often as possible, who talk often in chat. The ones who make your room friendly and inviting. I have some regulars who have never tipped me (because they just don't have the extra means), but they are always welcoming people to the room, making jokes, and who make me ENJOY my time on cam. While they might not help monetarily, they are helping in so many other ways. To be honest, I feel like I would be more saddened losing one of them than I would someone who tipped often but never chatted.

I think a regular is someone who benefits the model (whether through tips or conversation).

I agree with Iris. I avoid the phrase freeloader only because I've had so many basics and premiums come hang out and then later tip me because I don't call them freeloaders. Hell, if I'm having a great convo, it makes my camming experience AWESOME. I think a model who is in a good convo is more relaxed and personable and more engaging and sexy to me. (Because being relatible and having someone easy to talk to gets my gears going.)

Reactions: AngelicTease
If people are trashing you in your room, regardless of whether they tip you or not, ban + ignore them.
Seriously, the atmosphere of your chatroom is essential to your success, don't tolerate bullshit or people will walk all over you. Its your choice how much you show and how much you show it for.

You should have a seperate email, camname and twitter and they should be consistent. Have some professionalism, look like you give a shit and let your personality shine through!

There are safety threads in the public and models only sections of this forum you should really read. Not telling people your actual name (I hope Aubree is a pseudonym) or giving connections to your real social media are internet safety 101.

So basically what everyone else said.

my email is an email just for this and i dont give out my real life stuff i dint know my twitters linked beacuse i used diff emails to sign up i have been very careful i just didnt know my twitters linked =[

Reactions: Jessi
hapa74 said:
I_Am_Iris said:

For me personally, as a member, username/screen names are important for getting my attention. Just ask KayleePond...as soon as I saw that name, my Firefly/Doctor Who fandom went bonkers, and I was in, hook, line, and sinker.

I had the exact same thing with Divahkiin, I saw the name on this forum, went to check her out and never looked back :)

A good brand name can make you successful all on its own, or at the very least it won't hurt.

I'm going to be blunt here. It feels like you're asking for all of this advice, which we gladly (and kindly) give you. Then you respond with
an extremely long sentence, with no punctuation, no capitalization, no ending of your thoughts in which you basically just keep saying, "That's not my problem. My problem was my twitter. I fixed that. I have no more problems." But yet still keep asking us for advice. WE CAN NOT GIVE ADVICE TO YOU IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN.

First of all, learn to speak/type as though you are educated. Correct punctuation and spelling will go a long way to make yourself seem more friendly, mature, and all-around smarter.

Secondly, we are giving you advice. Now, whether you think you don't have a problem in each area we discuss (lighting, for example), you might want to look at it from an outsider's perspective. If you're struggling, you're obviously having a problem with something. And it is probably something that you think you're doing well, but the viewers would disagree.

Thirdly, we can not give you specific feedback as to how you are on cam because there is way too much confusion regarding all of your usernames, and we don't even know how/when to find you on cam (since you finally did take some of our advice and changed your username).

Lastly, and this is going to be a tough one because it's so blunt. Some people are just not cut out for camming. If you could not entertain 30 people in your living room, you don't have what it takes. If you can not handle gentle criticism/help from people who are nice about it, you won't be able to handle trolls. I highly suggest trying different sites, but if you're not making enough money to live, there's only one solution. Get a different job. You are an adult and YOU are the one in charge of paying bills, buying food, etc. Don't starve because you are trying to "live the dream" but the dream doesn't work for you. Try to live the dream while working another job, so that if you do make it as a cam model, GREAT! You have extra money! But if you don't, you won't be having to find the nearest soup kitchen just because of being stubborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.