AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Honest question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker_Babe said:
I have to say that the responses on this thread have some of the best advice on this subject I've seen so far. Everyone is hitting the nail right on the head. Listen to what's been said here and take their advice. You've been given pearls here.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter, everything I've been thinking then gets said in the next post I read! I think it may be partly because although this is yet again another "does this camgirl like me?" thread, it has been written by someone who seems to actually own some braincells and isn't a complete moron in the ways or love/camming. Therefore deserves a more serious answer.

I don't think I can make a new point on this, just support the ones that have already been made.

Pretty much absolutely if a camgirl likes you as more than a friend and wants something to happen, in that period of time she would have said something. If she hasn't said something, or even hinted, then assume she's not interested.

As a camgirl hearing that a member has fallen for you/feelings are stronger is a massive fear/upset. Camming is our job, so someone we can chat to/who'll be there, supporting us, making us feel better, although it's sexual for them, for us, it's more of a big brother relationship. It's support and care. Admitting love means that we know you're going to remove that support/we're going to hurt you and there's nothing we can do about it, you may be looking at it in a sexual way, but the feeling is not generally mutual.

Like Megan said, what do you want the answer to be? If you're just wanting us to confirm what you already know, and stop you acting foolishly/bring you a bit closer to earth, then you've come to the right place, if you're wanting us to encourage you, then you need to keep looking.

Also, yes, you can never go backwards on feelings, but you can bring yourself out of them, wake yourself up, get an extra hobby. If you care about this girl, don't put her through the trauma/upset of having to reject/hurt someone who she cared about.
I care about many of my members, and am very upset when/if they leave me. Part of being a camgirl is accepting that, but especially if someone's always been a constant, it can be really upsetting to be pushed in this way. I feel uncomfortable at any hint of a meet up! You can never tell when people are being serious.

After I posted last night I had one more thought...if you're determined to "give it a shot" and tell her how you feel then for GOD'S SAKE make sure you have some respect for her and don't broach the subject while she's working - don't put her in a potentially uncomfortable position when she's got to be all smiley-happy-sexy at work.

Jupiter551 said:
After I posted last night I had one more thought...if you're determined to "give it a shot" and tell her how you feel then for GOD'S SAKE make sure you have some respect for her and don't broach the subject while she's working - don't put her in a potentially uncomfortable position when she's got to be all smiley-happy-sexy at work.

Yes, and offline tips are always good for the soul. Try to make sure it doesn't look like you're trying to buy love. But personally, when members come to me with this kind of stuff, it upsets me, and I think "wouldn't it be nice if they cared enough to tip me to put a smile back on my face?" after the member has gone on and really upset me by telling me how much they care about me and how they have to hurt me because of it. Cheers.
If someone you felt you were good friends with turned around and said "I'm not going to talk to you anymore because you're too good a friend" you'd be gutted right? I would hope said friend would bring flowers and chocolates or something similar. In this case, I'd like a tip to say "whatever happens, I'm still your friend".

I take all of what you say into consideration. Maybe I need to slowly phase myself out and find a woman in the real world. I won't be able to stay with the way it is. Not fair to anyone in this situation for me to stay or to go. I will do my best to not hurt anyone in the process. Now where did I leave my vodka? Thanks again

AmberCutie said:
sweetiebatman said:
The problem with these threads is, that an absolute shitload of good advice is given but is (politely or otherwise) ignored because it is not the answer they wanted.

So these threads never seem to end!
Maybe this one will be different. He will heed our advice and just discuss it honestly with her, and let us know what happens.

So far I think we are like 0/25 on that happening, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

I spend a lot of time on forum involved in discussing personal finances. There are lot of people who are very smart on all type of financial matters, and the forum ranks high on Google. So we get a lot of newbies come by asking for guidance on financial affairs (ala Suze Orman). In some case these are really life changing decisions. Much like here, most of the advice goes unheeded, for the same reason it isn't the answer they want to hear. However, over the years our track is better than 0/25 of people listening, although well under 50% :(.

Even after being on ACF a short time I can see that in matters of the heart, people are even dumber than they are with money. No surprise.
However, the good news is occasionally one of the folks we give advice to takes it to heart. They even come back and report back, hey I listened to you all, I saved a ton of money, I feel empowered with my new knowledge, and I making progress on my financial goals. Sometimes they even stick around and pass on their new found wisdom, to a new crop of newbies. When that happens I pat myself on the back, and think not all of the time I spend posting on forum is a complete waste. :dance:

So ACF this good day will happen! (Just don't ask me to bet on when :lol: )

Reactions: LadyLuna
HonestQuestion said:
I take all of what you say into consideration. Maybe I need to slowly phase myself out and find a woman in the real world. I won't be able to stay with the way it is. Not fair to anyone in this situation for me to stay or to go. I will do my best to not hurt anyone in the process. Now where did I leave my vodka? Thanks again
Wow, you can't just be friends with a woman you have feelings for? How do you deal with female friends while you're in a relationship, or work colleagues, or anyone that 'interests' you? You can have 'feelings' toward someone and not act on them or even mention them, you know.

Do as you wish but if you're hoping she's going to do a Tom Hanks-style chase-after-you-at-the-airport as you prepare to board the plane marked Logging Off Forever, it's not gonna happen.

Reactions: LadyLuna and bob
Also keep in mind that your model friend has no doubt already had a large number of members express their undying love for her, many after having been in her room less than 30 seconds. She just might have her guard up against the next person to make this declaration, wondering how many other models this person has said the exact same thing to over the past months or years.

Jupiter551 said:
HonestQuestion said:
Wow, you can't just be friends with a woman you have feelings for? How do you deal with female friends while you're in a relationship, or work colleagues, or anyone that 'interests' you? You can have 'feelings' toward someone and not act on them or even mention them, you know.

Do as you wish but if you're hoping she's going to do a Tom Hanks-style chase-after-you-at-the-airport as you prepare to board the plane marked Logging Off Forever, it's not gonna happen.

Jupiter your posts are interesting to say the least, let me answer your questions.

I cannot just be friends with someone I have feelings for. When you are in a relationship other women are friends, I don't have feelings for them. If I did then I would have to consider the consequences of having those feelings. Coworkers is a different story, I've had things happen at work before but its my place of work. I am required to go there everyday. I can see what you might make of that last point in that my friend is working as well, however it is effort for me to log in and spend time in the room. Quite different from dealing with co-workers. Sure its possible to have feelings for someone and not act on them. Hundreds of movies have been created for just such that topic. I don't think its fair to myself to continue the way it is, I have feelings and based on the poll of evidence in these forums she does not. As I posted above, I am not going to cause a scene or storm off, just slowly phase myself out of the picture.

Isabella_deL said:
Jupiter551 said:

Yes, and offline tips are always good for the soul. Try to make sure it doesn't look like you're trying to buy love. But personally, when members come to me with this kind of stuff, it upsets me, and I think "wouldn't it be nice if they cared enough to tip me to put a smile back on my face?" after the member has gone on and really upset me by telling me how much they care about me and how they have to hurt me because of it. Cheers.
If someone you felt you were good friends with turned around and said "I'm not going to talk to you anymore because you're too good a friend" you'd be gutted right? I would hope said friend would bring flowers and chocolates or something similar. In this case, I'd like a tip to say "whatever happens, I'm still your friend".

i was gonna stay out of this one.....it's an interesting thread, maybe because the OP realized his situation early on and broached the subject before too much water has flowed under the emotional bridge....maybe that made it easier to set aside our collected wisdom that makes sincere warnings of the pitfalls of "relationship" sound weary and frustrated, and speak more simply...and a touch more personally......

because in spite of all the wisdom, most of us all do find ourselves "emotionally involved" at some level sometimes, for good reasons and for bad ones.

and for almost all of us, it does "upset" us when the situation changes...i liked your post izzy because it describes so well the very human side of emotional involvement as a worker in contrast to the equally human side of the OPs emotional involvement as a customer.

it's gonna sound simplistic, i'm sure, but it speaks to the whole impetus behind camming...tips ARE appreciation, respect, and admiration....privates and groups may be the places were sex and fantasy are the primary products, but in the ideal world of this business, "tips only" describes -among other things- the place where the line between emotional involvement and work can get fuzzy.....

personally, i cherish that part of the biz....whether my motivation is to "support" a friend on a crappy day, or enjoyment of some random model for something that i liked, it's the result of some "emotional involvement"....whatever the reason, i cared enough to tip.

for the most part, the boundaries of that tip are well defined, with both sides of the fence understanding the transaction...but whether it's defined simply as fun and flirty and casual, or made more complicated for the depth of it's sincerity and warmth, the emotional involvement that resulted in the tip can open the door to manipulation -and i don't mean that in the sense of a malicious callous intent- it's just a word that aptly describes the goal of both model and member.....

getting the most out of a transaction....and for myself, it adds a wonderful richness to the experience....but it has to be a dance between two people, and threads like this come about because it's really pretty easy for the manipulation (remember it's not meant to have a negative connotation) to cross the line between illusion and reality.......

in some ways, it's one of the higher compliments, even when it ends uncomfortably....camming thrives because we are all pretty good at objectification.....but it's fascinating to guys like me because so many of us seem to have a love/hate relationship with objectification, and are moved to find a place in that interactive environment that is more personal.

:twocents-02cents:

PlayboyMegan said:
Jupiter551 said:
PlayboyMegan said:
If a model is interested in you, SHE'LL make it known. Most models are aware that meeting a member and developing a relationship is usually in our court.
I'm sorry Megan, I only like you as a friend :whistle:
I sent you that love letter in confidence, you jerk!!! :p
And I thought I was your main one. Oh I forgot. You just love me for my body. :oops:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Isabella_deL said:

I dunno. I feel like a tip in this instance would be a bit... inappropriate? Maybe?

These things aren't limited to online and camming. They happen in all walks of life. Two people become friends, one person develops feelings for the other that they can't reciprocate, it becomes too difficult for one or both of the people in the friendship so they part ways. I think if someone in real life was to say to a friend "I'm sorry. I've fallen in love with you. I never planned it and I know you'll never think of me that way but it's happened and it's too painful for me to see you right now knowing that I'll never get from our relationship what I've come to want more than anything. I'm sorry, but I need to take some time to myself and get past these feelings and I can't do that with you in my life. I wish you nothing but the best, I will always treasure the time we spent together and I'm sorry.... oh! before I forget, here's a fiver! :thumbleft:".
The above would never happen in the real world. It would be inappropriate. I don't see why it would be any less inappropriate happening online :twocents-02cents:

HonestQuestion said:
Jupiter551 said:
HonestQuestion said:

Jupiter your posts are interesting to say the least, let me answer your questions.

I cannot just be friends with someone I have feelings for. When you are in a relationship other women are friends, I don't have feelings for them. If I did then I would have to consider the consequences of having those feelings. Coworkers is a different story, I've had things happen at work before but its my place of work. I am required to go there everyday. I can see what you might make of that last point in that my friend is working as well, however it is effort for me to log in and spend time in the room. Quite different from dealing with co-workers. Sure its possible to have feelings for someone and not act on them. Hundreds of movies have been created for just such that topic. I don't think its fair to myself to continue the way it is, I have feelings and based on the poll of evidence in these forums she does not. As I posted above, I am not going to cause a scene or storm off, just slowly phase myself out of the picture.

I completely understand where you are coming from. When you are at work yes you may developing feeling for a co-worker, but these are generally discouraged and in many situation (e.g. boss subordinate) prohibited. To very large degree the entire point of these cam sites, especially MFC, is to encourage members to develop feeling for the camgirls, and to stop viewing them as just wanking material. Most members who are spending a lot of money have a single camgirl who is the focus of their attention, fantasies, and $. As has been pointed out many time, camgirls can't afford to be focused on a single member, so they may have at least two and often dozen+ member who they genuinely like. (I suspect in many cases it is also their highest tippers). Even then I suspect most camgirls don't picture themselves with any member when they are masturbating.

A year is a long time to live with unrequited lust/love, time to move on.

mynameisbob84 said:
dunno. I feel like a tip in this instance would be a bit... inappropriate? Maybe?

These things aren't limited to online and camming. They happen in all walks of life. Two people become friends, one person develops feelings for the other that they can't reciprocate, it becomes too difficult for one or both of the people in the friendship so they part ways. I think if someone in real life was to say to a friend "I'm sorry. I've fallen in love with you. I never planned it and I know you'll never think of me that way but it's happened and it's too painful for me to see you right now knowing that I'll never get from our relationship what I've come to want more than anything. I'm sorry, but I need to take some time to myself and get past these feelings and I can't do that with you in my life. I wish you nothing but the best, I will always treasure the time we spent together and I'm sorry.... oh! before I forget, here's a fiver! ".
The above would never happen in the real world. It would be inappropriate. I don't see why it would be any less inappropriate happening online

In real life developing feelings for someone you know and spend a lot of time with wouldn't be appropriate, whilst it is on a camsite. The same rules apply in certain circumstances. Tipping would be reminding them that you appreciate that it is their job and you are still thinking of that. If you don't tip it's like you've gone into gaga land. This girl will probably be upset by this, she'll spend time thinking about this and answering you etc. It's just respect that you still keep in mind that it IS her job. Just because the statement you're making (that you have feelings for her) is saying you are forgetting it is her place of income, doesn't mean your actions also have to be so. With camgirls you tip for time given. I've been in similar situations and I actually haven't been able to cam for several days I've been so upset by it. So really, the member who has put me through this should show a bit of appreciation and tip me for the time wasted by the emotional trauma they have caused. Not doing that goes on the assumption that it's become "more than a job" for her too, which to me seems kind of rude.
The tip would be more a "sorry if I've upset you" kind of thing, like I said, you probably wouldn't send someone a fiver, but you might send them flowers (if you're a decent person).

Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:
dunno. I feel like a tip in this instance would be a bit... inappropriate? Maybe?

These things aren't limited to online and camming. They happen in all walks of life. Two people become friends, one person develops feelings for the other that they can't reciprocate, it becomes too difficult for one or both of the people in the friendship so they part ways. I think if someone in real life was to say to a friend "I'm sorry. I've fallen in love with you. I never planned it and I know you'll never think of me that way but it's happened and it's too painful for me to see you right now knowing that I'll never get from our relationship what I've come to want more than anything. I'm sorry, but I need to take some time to myself and get past these feelings and I can't do that with you in my life. I wish you nothing but the best, I will always treasure the time we spent together and I'm sorry.... oh! before I forget, here's a fiver! ".
The above would never happen in the real world. It would be inappropriate. I don't see why it would be any less inappropriate happening online

In real life developing feelings for someone you know and spend a lot of time with wouldn't be appropriate, whilst it is on a camsite. The same rules apply in certain circumstances. Tipping would be reminding them that you appreciate that it is their job and you are still thinking of that. If you don't tip it's like you've gone into gaga land. This girl will probably be upset by this, she'll spend time thinking about this and answering you etc. It's just respect that you still keep in mind that it IS her job. Just because the statement you're making (that you have feelings for her) is saying you are forgetting it is her place of income, doesn't mean your actions also have to be so. With camgirls you tip for time given. I've been in similar situations and I actually haven't been able to cam for several days I've been so upset by it. So really, the member who has put me through this should show a bit of appreciation and tip me for the time wasted by the emotional trauma they have caused. Not doing that goes on the assumption that it's become "more than a job" for her too, which to me seems kind of rude.
The tip would be more a "sorry if I've upset you" kind of thing, like I said, you probably wouldn't send someone a fiver, but you might send them flowers (if you're a decent person).

In a general sense, I completely agree that cam girls should be compensated for their time. But people are people, ya know? I think sometimes situations arise where tipping etiquette isn't the most important part of the equation.
Say you have a regular, who you like, you consider a friend, he tips well, he treats you well etc. Over time he develops feelings for you and it reaches the point where he finds it impossible to visit you in camland without his emotions crapping themselves, so he decides to not come visit you any more so he can sort his shit out.

Now, he could just up and leave and you'd never know what happened to him.
He could declare his undying love for you in public chat.
He could get creepy and stalkery.
He could make something up and lie to you.
Or, he could politely and delicately explain to you why he's leaving and wish you all the best.

If he goes for the latter option (which I think is the best option), does it really make him inconsiderate if he doesn't send a tip along with that explanation?

Isabella_deL said:
Not sure I agree, simply because I'm going to take him at his word that they're 'friends', they've talked offline etc and not always at his request. I assumed he'd bring this up "offline" while she's off the clock and he's not ogling her.
You can't decide who you do and don't develop feelings for, you can control your actions but not your feelings. Developing feelings for people you know offline is not only often "appropriate" it's how almost every couple gets together in the first place (or at least was before online dating) - you meet someone at work, or school, or uni, a party or a friend of a friend and are mutually attracted and boom.
On a camsite it's not appropriate, and I feel like it's even less appropriate to tip her regarding this - I'm not suggesting he should even pursue it at all, but if he's going to then it has to be on the basis that he thinks they might have a non-camgirl/camjohn relationship and putting tips into the equation really just muddies those waters and makes it more uncomfortable to give an honest answer (wondering if he's asking as a customer or a friend).
I think he should just ask her, in a way and situation that gives her no pressure and if she deflects or gives a negative answer then just chalk it up and remain a friend/customer.

I have been camming for 3 years. The below are scenarios that I've actually experienced, and what my reactions were. For ease, "tells me he loves me" and "tells me he's developing feelings for me" elicit the same sort of reaction for me, so I'll just use the first and not specify each time that it's both.

-guy I just met tells me he loves me, I don't take it seriously

-guy I've known for awhile and I have no feelings for one way or another tells me he loves me, I politely inform him I do not share the feelings and move on

-guy I've known for awhile and I feel friendship but nothing more for tells me he loves me, I feel awkward, explain that I don't feel that way but I hope we can still be friends, and secretly hope he never shows up in my camroom again but continues talking to me off-cam. Once our friendship is no longer awkward, then it resets to being happy to see him when I'm camming, until the next time he "proclaims his love" for me.

-guy I've known for awhile and I feel both friendship and a slight secret crush for tells me he loves me, I feel awkward and flattered, "stammer" something to try to give him the impression that he has no chance with me, and secretly put him on the list of "if I ever decide to go for it", while enjoying my on-cam time with him even more.

In that last case (which has only happened twice so far), if he pushes the idea of meeting me, I instantly feel like he's a creep, and revert to friends only feelings and friends only reaction to the "declaration of love".

Please note: these are just my reactions. I do not claim that these are all girl's reactions.

You said you were not direct about your feelings last time. This was a mistake, but to fix it is probably a bigger mistake.

Isabella_deL said:
In real life developing feelings for someone you know and spend a lot of time with wouldn't be appropriate, whilst it is on a camsite.

SORRY! Massive fail! lol I typed it wrong.

In real life developing feelings for someone you know and spend a lot of time with would be appropriate, whilst it is not on a camsite.

That is what I meant to say.

Reactions: Jupiter551
Isabella_deL said:
Isabella_deL said:
In real life developing feelings for someone you know and spend a lot of time with wouldn't be appropriate, whilst it is on a camsite.

SORRY! Massive fail! lol I typed it wrong.

In real life developing feelings for someone you know and spend a lot of time with would be appropriate, whilst it is not on a camsite.

That is what I meant to say.
Haha! Yes I read that statement a couple times and my mind boggled and it was only after I posted a response I realised it was probably a typo lol

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
LadyLuna said:
I have been camming for 3 years. The below are scenarios that I've actually experienced, and what my reactions were. For ease, "tells me he loves me" and "tells me he's developing feelings for me" elicit the same sort of reaction for me, so I'll just use the first and not specify each time that it's both.

-guy I just met tells me he loves me, I don't take it seriously

-guy I've known for awhile and I have no feelings for one way or another tells me he loves me, I politely inform him I do not share the feelings and move on

-guy I've known for awhile and I feel friendship but nothing more for tells me he loves me, I feel awkward, explain that I don't feel that way but I hope we can still be friends, and secretly hope he never shows up in my camroom again but continues talking to me off-cam. Once our friendship is no longer awkward, then it resets to being happy to see him when I'm camming, until the next time he "proclaims his love" for me.

-guy I've known for awhile and I feel both friendship and a slight secret crush for tells me he loves me, I feel awkward and flattered, "stammer" something to try to give him the impression that he has no chance with me, and secretly put him on the list of "if I ever decide to go for it", while enjoying my on-cam time with him even more.

In that last case (which has only happened twice so far), if he pushes the idea of meeting me, I instantly feel like he's a creep, and revert to friends only feelings and friends only reaction to the "declaration of love".

Please note: these are just my reactions. I do not claim that these are all girl's reactions.

You said you were not direct about your feelings last time. This was a mistake, but to fix it is probably a bigger mistake.

My reaction pretty much 100% of the time is to laugh it off as a joke. I can see how for some rooms that might be a terrible idea and there might be hurt feelings everywhere. But in my room it works pretty well, everyone is clear on my position on meeting anyone. Which is that it is never gonna happen. All I am is a good time. Sometimes I joke that I'm everyone's girlfriend for 3 hours a day. They all seem to understand that it also means I am no one's girl. "If everyone is special then no one is."

Anyone who knows me well enough to fall in love with me, would know better than to try and say anything or act on it.
If they don't know me well enough to predict how Id react and feel about it, then they probably don't know me very well at all, or care about my feelings, and I can assume they're infatuated which is a bit different from being in love.

Jupiter551 said:
Jessi said:
they're infatuated
Which would imo describe 95% of internet crushes involving hot naked girl seen by anonymous typing guy.
Definitely. Being in love is a very strong statement. Guys that claim they are in love with me do not know me. They are in love ith PlayboyMegan, and I'm only PlayboyMegan a few hours out of the day.

PlayboyMegan said:
Jupiter551 said:
Jessi said:
they're infatuated
Which would imo describe 95% of internet crushes involving hot naked girl seen by anonymous typing guy.
Definitely. Being in love is a very strong statement. Guys that claim they are in love with me do not know me. They are in love ith PlayboyMegan, and I'm only PlayboyMegan a few hours out of the day.

I wish there was a nice way to tell people:
I AM "being myself" on cam, but its a very edited version of myself where I filter out just the best parts and amplify them. If people from MFC had to spend hours each day with me, where I can actually relax and not have to alter my behaviour, they probably wouldn't like me very much anymore.

Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Jupiter551 said:
Jessi said:
they're infatuated

I AM "being myself" on cam, but its a very edited version of myself where I filter out just the best parts and amplify them. If people from MFC had to spend hours each day with me, where I can actually relax and not have to alter my behaviour, they probably wouldn't like me very much anymore.
Totally. I am just a hyper version of myself on cam, MINUS the ugly sweat pants I enjoy wearing and PMS. But if they got to see that, they probably would leave my room after two min.

PlayboyMegan said:
Jessi said:
Totally. I am just a hyper version of myself on cam, MINUS the ugly sweat pants I enjoy wearing and PMS. But if they got to see that, they probably would leave my room after two min.
Yeah, it's very easy to idolise someone when they're not finishing the milk and putting the empty bottle back in the fridge, farting in bed, or any of the other little quirks and bad habits real people have.
At some point members have to be smart enough to realise that camgirls are selling a fantasy, while at the same time allowing themselves to enjoy it without caring that it's a fantasy. Then they can just sit back, enjoy, and not have to go through the silly emotional turmoil of wanting to be 'in love' with the girl on the screen.

PlayboyMegan said:
Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Jupiter551 said:
Jessi said:
they're infatuated

I do admit that MegansDude really loves to be with PlayboyMegan and always have a great time with her. However the guy behind MD prefers to chill out with Megan in her sweat pants. :)

I am back to say that it has unfortunately ended. I came forward today and over the phone expressed my growing feelings for her. It was a good talk and It once again didn't give me a definite answer. Lots of run around talking, I get not wanting to hurt someone that you care about, but I guess I got my answer indirectly. I have since let her know it would be too difficult to stay in the room and continue the way we were. She sounded like she was tearing up over the phone but I couldn't be sure. I feel terrible for doing this but it felt like it was the right thing to do for everyone. To anyone who believed that I was just a typist in a dark room somewhere you were wrong, if you believe that I was in love with a perfect poster image you were wrong, if you believed that I didn't see the good and bad and make my own decisions you were wrong
Honestquestion has now left camland

Status
Not open for further replies.