AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

House MD

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2011
Sunny England
MFC Username
Sweetiebatman
Is to end after 8 seasons

Up there with the best of US TV in the last decade and although I think it had stagnated a bit in the last 2 seasons with a bit more creative writing it still had legs IMO, especially with the incredible Hugh Laurie heading its cast. If I had not already know his earlier English comedy works I would have been convinced he was an American actor. Absolutely brilliant and perfect for the role

Anyone else a fan?

Yes, although it is a show I do tend to tire on. Hubs and I pop in a movie to fall asleep to every night (his meds for ear infection gives him insomnia) and it's usually a tv series. I'm so Over Housed!

I agree though about his accent! When I heard him talk on the extra stuff I was like "nope nope, doesnt sound like that. can't be real!" Because I am so used to his gruffy House voice!

sweetiebatman said:
Anyone else a fan?

Meeeee!!! :thumbleft:

Remember Season 4's final two episodes with the bus crash and when Amber (Wilson's girlfriend) died? :crybaby:

And that episode where Kutner committed suicide. :crybaby:

Reactions: sweetiebatman
yeeh!

My favorite episode ever is called something like "One day, One room" about a woman who has been raped and becomes pregnant, absolutely brilliant TV

"I'm going to base this moment on who I'm stuck in a room with. It's what life is. It's a series of rooms and who we get stuck in those rooms with adds up to what our lives are.

Come on, how can anyone not love House? The character has such a brilliant sense of humor and he's sooo charismatic! He's just awesome! I also adore Thirteen, she's sexy, smart and her personality is right what I would like to be.

13 left and replaced with Odette Annable, who's also not that bad on the eyes. But yes, She is.
Hugh Laurie's character just works all around. There's nobody who'll be like House.
I didn't know that Season 8 would be the last though! really sucks, wanted to see the New Head of Medicine/House Dynamic. Then again, it's FOX, they do end things a bit too prematurely sometimes. Eh.

Attachments

• 936full.jpg
    936full.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 95
Aww no I'm sorry :icon-cry:

Used to love it!

but hoenstly,e very episode is the same!

We don't know what it is!

We know what it is!

We don't know what is!

We know what it is!

Our treatment is killing them! We don't know what it is!

House gets mad at Wilson for eating his yogurt and LIGHTBULB!

We know what it is!

End.

lolalaurent said:
IVE ONLY JUST FINISHED SERIES 4 WHY DID I READ THIS POST AND RUIN IT FOR MYSELF :(

SPOILER ALERT SHOULD BE WRITTEN EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEE!

x

I'm sorry! :(

LadyBakes said:
Used to love it!

We know what it is!

We don't know what is!

We know what it is!

We know what it is!

End.

Yup...that sounds about right! :lol: For an hour long show, you know that when it's only 20 minutes into the episode, and they're already sending the patient home, SOMETHING ELSE will go wrong with that patient, and he/she will be right back at the hospital. LOL.

LadyBakes said:
Used to love it!

We know what it is!

We don't know what is!

We know what it is!

We know what it is!

End.

yeah, it's been years since the "medical mystery" part of the show was all that interesting. They went through pretty much every possibility in the first two years. After that, it's the characters who have to carry the show. Luckily, they created some wonderful characters and did a great job casting them, so it continued to work.

Until the past year, when they lost several more of those great characters and really didn't find very interesting characters to replace them. And then they didn't manage to write any decent scripts for the first half of the season. (The 2nd half has been better so far, in my opinion.)

Definitely time for the show to be over. It had a good run, but no need to stretch it out any more than they have. In fact, it probably would have bene better to end it last year.

Am i the only one to notice how House uses lighting to set the episode?
The latest one with the review of what happened to a doctor was cast in gloomy lighting. Maybe because it's just so obvious in the series unlike others that I missed, but I think it's cool.

It seemed like in every other episode House and Dr. Cutty would break up...lol. Cutty would say "This isn't gonna work," and I'd be like "Oh, come on! Not again!" :lol:

I liked Taub too because he'd make a smart-ass, sarcastic remark while having a serious facial expression...lol.

Bocefish said:
After Thirteen left, I lost interest. Not only because of her, but it was the same old script with a different illness or goofy competition.
:lol: I can't disagree, but as pure escapist drama, I still enjoy it. I remember as a teenager and into my 20s, I loved reading Mickey Spillane's novels, especially his "Mike Hammer" books; heck it inspired two TV series. But yeah, after reading two books, I could figure out "whodunit" by the end of the first chapter, perhaps another example of a "guilty pleasure." lol Still I continued to read...not for the plot or the story but Spillane, in spite of being a bit of a jerk (I'd seen him interviewed over the years), was INCREDIBLE at writing prose; his descriptions of people, places and things were pure art.

For those of a libertarian bent, he was Ayn Rand's favorite author. lol

I have to say that every time I see this thread I have to fight the urge to come read it. House is one of my favorite shows but about 3-4 seasons ago I started watching it on DVD instead of the seasons while they were on TV. Im currently about half way through season 7 on DVD but I refuse to watch previews of current seasons or hear about the episodes before I watch them so I will have to come back to this thread later.

LadyBakes said:
Used to love it!

We know what it is!

We don't know what is!

We know what it is!

We know what it is!

End.
it's a character driven show.
its not the procedure or the mystery that makes it good. because yeah, that's their formulae

Wow, Amber Tamblyn didn't last long on House, huh? I remember her as 'Emily Quartermaine' on the soap General Hospital...lol.

I liked last night's episode. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.