AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How´s the internet where you live at?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2021
MFC Username
sabrinarey_
Hi! I wanna plan living abroad in Europe but I´m specially worried about the internet. I plan to rent airbnbs and stay there while during a while but I don´t know if the internet there would be good enough. I have in mind to start with Spain as a test because I´ve asked to a lot of people and it seems I can find good internet (and fiber optic) there. But I´m not sure about the rest. I only use MFC and youtube during my streaming.

Please, could you give me references about how´s the internet in the countries where you live? or at what places have you tested the internet during your streams and it works? any opinion, ideas or suggestions about this? thanks! ❤

Mostly its fine, there are places which are a bit behind so the only way to be sure is to ask before you decide on a certain place. In the bigger cities there is fiber optic but the specific places have to subscribe to it. So it might be that one place has it and the neighbor doesn't. On the countryside its basically the same but a little less fiber optic. I'm talking about Germany which is a bit behind but caught up a lot lately.

Hi! I wanna plan living abroad in Europe but I´m specially worried about the internet. I plan to rent airbnbs and stay there while during a while but I don´t know if the internet there would be good enough. I have in mind to start with Spain as a test because I´ve asked to a lot of people and it seems I can find good internet (and fiber optic) there. But I´m not sure about the rest. I only use MFC and youtube during my streaming.

Please, could you give me references about how´s the internet in the countries where you live? or at what places have you tested the internet during your streams and it works? any opinion, ideas or suggestions about this? thanks! ❤
Airbns either have basic internet conections , either wifi for all building. Rarelly you will find an airbn to have a decent internet for streaming propouses. Spain , portugal , germany switzerland holland , france , louxembourg, italy.( others i did not visited so i dont know) In all these country my roaming related internet was better and faster that the one provided, even with optic fiber , because the owners pay the absolute minimum for the internet , and if they have more apartments in the same location they share 1 single internet conection with all apartments. None of them take in account streaming so only super basic internet , like checking whatsapp , watch news , send an email and so on its provided.

"Europe" is a very broad term with 50 different countries and 750 million people. The internet connection at a specific location depends on so many things it's almost impossible to say anything useful about it. I have 500 Mbit/s fiber in my home while my neighbour haven't bothered with upgrading from his 5 Mbit/s ADSL. Probably better to ask about the internet connection at the AirBnB place beforehand. Spain is reasonably well connected, but e.g. Poland, Finland and the Baltic states are among the fastest (in terms of internet connection speed) and most connected countries in the world.

"Europe" is a very broad term with 50 different countries and 750 million people. The internet connection at a specific location depends on so many things it's almost impossible to say anything useful about it. I have 500 Mbit/s fiber in my home while my neighbour haven't bothered with upgrading from his 5 Mbit/s ADSL. Probably better to ask about the internet connection at the AirBnB place beforehand. Spain is reasonably well connected, but e.g. Poland, Finland and the Baltic states are among the fastest (in terms of internet connection speed) and most connected countries in the world.
Exactly this. I live in Poland and big part of the country has access to very good fiber optic internet, but even in big cities there are spots where you struggle to get any provider and have to rely on mobile internet. Sometimes even on the same street 1 house can have access to fiber and another one only shitty DSL. Just make sure to ask before you rent a place.

Exactly this. I live in Poland and big part of the country has access to very good fiber optic internet, but even in big cities there are spots where you struggle to get any provider and have to rely on mobile internet. Sometimes even on the same street 1 house can have access to fiber and another one only shitty DSL. Just make sure to ask before you rent a place.
Thanks! Have you ever been in a situation where you want to broadcast but you find the internet is not good, what could you do there? I’ve thought in buying a portable wifi hotspot as a back up plan but I don’t know if it is a good option and I also have to do a research of companies/plans

Last edited:
Thanks! Have you ever been in a situation where you want to broadcast but you find the internet is not good, what could you do there? I’ve thought in buying a portable wifi hotspot as a back up plan but I don’t know if it is a good option and I also have to do a research of companies/plans
Yes, actually I've been in that situation temporarily and I used mobile internet which worked quite okay (though it does have it's limitations and might not work for multistreaming or streaming in higher resolution). In my country you can get sim cards with quite cheap pre-paid internet packages in every corner store and then top them up online easily. One thing I would definitely recommend for that is getting a decent LTE router to put your sim card in, it really makes a huge difference. I had tried both using my phone as a router and a cheaper router and that wasn't enough to stream, only after upgrading to a better device (specifically Huawei b535 - I'm mentioning it just so you know what type of device I'm talking about) I was able to stream successfully.

Reactions: Sabrinarey_
If your connection speeds are lower in certain locations, you may find adjusting your streaming times to when traffic is quieter will help.
Data consumers (watching) are interested in best download speed, but as a broadcaster your upload speed is more significant.
Here, data speed is good through the day but then gets very congested during the evening as families returm home from school and work, and everyone connects to their Spotify/Netflix/etc accounts on their home wifi.
Then it gets quieter again after about 22:00
Course, that may not suit your target audience prime time, so there's a bit of trial and error involved to find a happy compromise.

that portable wifi will work fine for 2-3 days , after that you will barelly stream because they limit the internet speed after 4 gb consume. and 4 gb consume you can stream max 3 days on 1 site. if you want to stream with that you will have to do it old fashion at 640 resolution so it lasts you 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.