AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

how can someone be viewing my cam, yet they never show up in my list of guests, and there's also no anonymous viewer

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2021
This is about CB - i just wanted to make that clear, as that is the platform my question applies to -

the title sums it up. but this is what happens (and there are 3 different people that have done this with me) - I am in a model's room chatting with her, I never mention i am camming too, as i'm not trying to get them to view me, I'm just enjoying the chat. at some point the model indicates that she's watching me, and says something that makes it obvious she has to have been watching, as it's some detail that you wouldn't be able to get from the thumbnail etc. Because I'm very curious, i go back to my page, and look in the users. they aren't there. there's no anonymous viewer, either. i look in my chat, becasue my Dream Bot++ is set to announce all users coming and going. so i CTRL+F and search their username.. nada.

now, i would have said "oh they WERE watching anonymously, but by the time i checked, they'd already left" except, in the most recent case, while i was looking at the user list and refreshing it, i suddenly hear a loud buzz (she turned on a loud vibrator and her tab's volume was way up. i Jumped from the sound, and once the stream delay had passed i heard her break out in laughter, and i asked whY and she said "my vibrator made you jump"... so how the Fu.... ? i'm the kind of person that can't rest without understanding everything i see. If anyone has any insight into this, please let me know. it's been bothering me for a while.

TL:DR - is there a way for users/models to view a cam on CB without ever showing up in the list of users, and wihtout adding an anonymous viewer to the list?

one thought i had was perhaps some site that rebrands CB under a different name.. but i would assume those users are also listed just like regular CB users. thanks for any input!!!

I recall a thread about a viewer on CB that was tipping, with the tip messages appearing in the chat, but their username was not showing up in the list of those in the room.
I *think* it was attributed to having multiple tabs/windows open, and then logging off on one of them, or closing one.

ETA: I'm going to have to try and find that thread, because clearly ^ my recollection of it is vaguer that a politician answering a yes/no question.

And another possibility is that she has a secondary account that she was watching you on, so it doesn't flag as being her broadcaster account. In other words, won't appear in your user list under the same name as her room.

Reactions: Scottica
Could be they opened the room in incognito or a browser where they weren't logged in and had closed your room by the time you checked, this would explain why you didnt see the name in the chat being announced when joining the room.

I recall a thread about a viewer on CB that was tipping, with the tip messages appearing in the chat, but their username was not showing up in the list of those in the room.
I *think* it was attributed to having multiple tabs/windows open, and then logging off on one of them, or closing one.
Don't know that it happened here but, yes, if you open a second tab for the same room it will disconnect the first from the chat. The first still will be connected to the video/audio stream. Only the chat part disconnects. The second tab will work as normal. If you close the second tab, you'll then not be visible in the room (since not connected to chat) but still can see and hear and tip. This can happen intentionally or unintentionally when people get disconnected from the chat in various ways.

Don't know that it happened here but, yes, if you open a second tab for the same room it will disconnect the first from the chat. The first still will be connected to the video/audio stream. Only the chat part disconnects. The second tab will work as normal. If you close the second tab, you'll then not be visible in the room (since not connected to chat) but still can see and hear and tip. This can happen intentionally or unintentionally when people get disconnected from the chat in various ways.
Thanks! I think you saved me from searching further for that elusive other thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.