AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I find a mod?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2017
Austria
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@KaraIncuffs
Chaturbate Username
KaraIncuffs
Hi

I'm looking for mods on CB but how do I find them?

They should basically police the room when it gets crowded. I can pretty much keep the lid on the crazy, the trolls and the 'open ass bb' myself up until 1,000 viewers but upwards it gets difficult. On top of that, if the show is fast paced, I have troubles keeping up with who tipped for what.

People offer themselves as mods a lot, but how do I know they are reliable? How do I know they can be trusted to be good mods?

Also, what is the usual mod / broadcaster arrangement in terms of payment? Do I pay or tip them, or the other way around?

I have found one good mod, but he is around only so often. My schedule is all over the place

Does it make a difference that we are a couple?

I would never tip/pay someone to mod-that's a pretty uncommon practice or at least it was when I was active on cb.

Anyone who has been a decent mod for me while on cb were regulars I've known for awhile who wanted to do it and didn't expect anything for it. In the beginning of my camming 5 years ago, I'd let guys be mod for just asking and they would end up making my show go badly by being too demanding/banning people they didn't like personally/expecting free shows from me etc. To avoid that-I often went with regulars I had known for some time so that's mostly what I can recommend vs seeking out guys who advertise themselves as mods, have a weird power trip over it or want payment for it.

It's becoming more common for "pro" mods on CB to expect some sort of payment. Often a percentage of the earnings from the day. It's kind of gross, honestly.

Edit for finger slip on post button
I agree with Carmita find someone (or more than one person) who is around and contributes that's trust worthy. Just lay down your ground rules on how you want them to help you. What they are and aren't aloud to do.

I don't offer payment. I do offer a free ticket to every raffle (for thanks) and to my ticket shows (so they can manage the chat during the show) but neither is really necessary. I just really appreciate my mod.

Last edited:
These guys that I have seen that offer to mod are many times just on a YLAM power trip for the vast majority. Good mods are indeed usually picked from the 'room anchors', or the folks you always see in your chat. Some are good tippers and others not. I agree completely what was said of the mods banning the people they just don't like. Some also seem to aquire the heave hand and try to rule the room as they see fit instead of the girl. It is fairly common and typically results in that mod being called out by the girl or 'fired'. As far as an actual 'room helper' keeping track of your stuff for you, thats a whole other critter. Not many folks want that responsibility from what I have seen unless they are in love with the camgirl or RL friends... I only know of a very few that actually do it and its a loyalty thing.

Hi

I'm looking for mods on CB but how do I find them?

They should basically police the room when it gets crowded. I can pretty much keep the lid on the crazy, the trolls and the 'open ass bb' myself up until 1,000 viewers but upwards it gets difficult. On top of that, if the show is fast paced, I have troubles keeping up with who tipped for what.

You may still need a mod for tracking administrative issues, but for the trolls have you thought about just blocking grey users on CB from saying anything in the public chat room? They have no tokens, and I have never seen grey users make much good conversation (at least the negatives have outweighed the positives). To silence grey users, when you go to the "Your Broadcast Page" select the third tab with the gear setting icon. Midway through the page select the line item that says "Chat Allowed By:" and I believe the option you want is the last one on the submenu.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KaraInCuffs
Didn't read much of the replies here so this may have been said in other words already, but you don't "find a mod", it just happens, I'd imagine.

You need someone you already know from being in your room lots and trust not to be a douche to the other viewers. Don't rush it.

Thanks! :) That's a lot to think about. I'll be patient and will ask regulars. I will silence greys today and see how that works.

It's becoming more common for "pro" mods on CB to expect some sort of payment. Often a percentage of the earnings from the day. It's kind of gross, honestly.

My currently only mod always gets free tickets. I think that is fair.

I wouldn't mind cutting in a mod if they did a good job. Perhaps 'pro mods' if they existed, would not be a bad thing but a sign that things on CB are getting more professional? Don't know how I feel about it.

Thanks! :) That's a lot to think about. I'll be patient and will ask regulars. I will silence greys today and see how that works.

My currently only mod always gets free tickets. I think that is fair.

I wouldn't mind cutting in a mod if they did a good job. Perhaps 'pro mods' if they existed, would not be a bad thing but a sign that things on CB are getting more professional? Don't know how I feel about it.

The problem is these "pros" aren't professional and often try to run the way the room goes. I've had some experiences with them and they haven't been pleasant.

If you don't mind the grey chat if they are being polite you could always try timed chat (which doesn't let greys talk for x amount of time) or a word ban bot (blocks key words you don't want to see).

What I liked to do, once I got a show started, was to change the chat permission to only allow people who had tipped that day to chat. This once led to someone tipping 10 tokens so they could say hello to another user in the room, which gave me a giggle.

We just had one of our best shows ever yesterday because I silenced greys. I barely needed to be moderator and all that freed up attention went into our performance.

If you don't mind the grey chat if they are being polite you could always try timed chat (which doesn't let greys talk for x amount of time) or a word ban bot (blocks key words you don't want to see).
I'm in two minds about greys. 25% of greys who chat are nice and polite but at least 50% say completely unacceptable things like promoting their rooms/cams, insulting us etc.

What I liked to do, once I got a show started, was to change the chat permission to only allow people who had tipped that day to chat. This once led to someone tipping 10 tokens so they could say hello to another user in the room, which gave me a giggle.
I fear if I did that, chat would die down too much but that's where a mod would be nice to make sure that greys or non-tippers do not dominate the conversation and the room and that our attention can go to the tippers.

We just had one of our best shows ever yesterday because I silenced greys. I barely needed to be moderator and all that freed up attention went into our performance.

You are welcome. Haha. Seriously, I tell models about this feature all the time and many never bother to try it. When you are starting out I think it gives you 70% of the benefit of the moderator, for free.

I'm in two minds about greys. 25% of greys who chat are nice and polite but at least 50% say completely unacceptable things like promoting their rooms/cams, insulting us etc.

I fear if I did that, chat would die down too much but that's where a mod would be nice to make sure that greys or non-tippers do not dominate the conversation and the room and that our attention can go to the tippers.

What I have seen some extremely popular models do is allow grey users, but then they have a large number of moderators sitting there to instantly silence anyone who brings up any forbidden topic. If you get to the point that you have those resources available to you, then you can try that option too.

If I were a beginning model, I would silence greys and I would focus at least 60% of my time in the room on getting to know - and selling to - the dark purple users. Those are my customers and those are the ones whose words I want to hear.

Reactions: KaraInCuffs
I've never used a mod. And I'd never in a million years pay for one. I've always just changed the chat preferences as needed. If room count is low and there isn't much chatting, I may allow chat from all users. As soon as the greys start getting out of hand, I change it to only allow chat by users who have tokens. If I start a show, and there are too many people making requests without tipping, I change it to only allow chat by users who have tipped me or to users who have tipped me that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.