AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do I get more traffic as a new Camgirl?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to looooove CB a few years ago, I found the easiest way to bring a crowd in was to keep my goals small and just have a lot of them.

What was a typical sequence of goals you would use in your room? It might be interesting to hear what kind of goal sequence different models use. I saw one model recently who would alternate removing some article of clothing with some very simple goal. The clothing was typically priced 400 to 500 tokens, and the simple goals were under 200.

What was a typical sequence of goals you would use in your room? .

So how I started and how I finished were super different;
At the beginning I would do like small clothing goals (maybe like 200 - 500 an item depending on the outfit and the room vibe) and multiple sexual shows (cumshow, BDSM, oil, etc...) (prices would vary, some were like interactive shows with small tip items to get people involved)
When I would do keno or games, I would up my goals a little bit but give out like sexual prizes (spanks, twerk, etc..)
I was also a two girl room a lot during this time as I used to cam with my ex wife, so this just drew in a broad crowd which helped me find my room.

At the end of my stint on CB my goals became way more personal to the room,
Weird artsy fun shows, sock puppets, body paint, testing out weird sex toys and other random stuff like that.
At this point my room was very interactive so I didn't need the small goals anymore, and instead replaced them with small tip items (100 token ice cube torture, 200 tokens to dance silly/400 to dance sexy, etc)

Back then I found CB to be the best place to let your creativity out, since you don't have to worry about camscore you can really focus on being yourself. It seems like CB has changed a lot in the last few years, but I'm sure there's still people that aren't just looking for a full on orgy lol

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
I used to looooove CB a few years ago, I found the easiest way to bring a crowd in was to keep my goals small and just have a lot of them.
Or give away prizes that you can do in room (not just videos and stuff, like BJ tease or spanks or whatever).
Obviously the more you have going on, the better on CB because like a solid 93% of your room will be greys or anons, but you need them to want to watch so you can climb the pages.
So just keeping the room engaged and keeping yourself active on cam will up your chances of bringing in customers. Personality is key because there's soooo much sex happening at anytime, you need to find a nice balance of interesting and sexual.

Honestly though, I went back after taking a break from camming and I just don't have the patience for CB anymore. :(
Thanks for the tips, that's really helpful! I can definitely understand the burn out. It seems like the competition on CB is just insane. Hope all is well

Thanks for the tips, that's really helpful! I can definitely understand the burn out. It seems like the competition on CB is just insane. Hope all is well
Understandable. You might want to consider trying Streamate out. They have a rule against models competing amonst each other.

Yeah like, I'm trying not to be impatient or frustrated but I wonder if my free cams is a bit easier or it's all this way? I think we're up to 364 tokens for three days of 2 and 3 hr streams

Or give away prizes that you can do in room (not just videos and stuff, like BJ tease or spanks or whatever).
Obviously the more you have going on, the better on CB because like a solid 93% of your room will be greys or anons, but you need them to want to watch so you can climb the pages.
So just keeping the room engaged and keeping yourself active on cam will up your chances of bringing in customers. Personality is key because there's soooo much sex happening at anytime, you need to find a nice balance of interesting and sexual.

Honestly though, I went back after taking a break from camming and I just don't have the patience for CB anymore. :(

Yeah like, I'm trying not to be impatient or frustrated but I wonder if my free cams is a bit easier or it's all this way? I think we're up to 364 tokens for three days of 2 and 3 hr streams
Honestly, there's so many camming sites now, I've worked on 3 different ones over the span of 5 years and have had drastically different experiences with each. I would recommend trying different ones, but giving them each at least a few months to get a decent impression.

MFC is great for giving new models exposure, and you ~really~ need to capitalize on that first week.
CB doesn't do much in the way of drawing traffic to new models. But, since there's no camscore system you can spend long hours building your base without hurting your placement.
There's also sites like Camsoda, Streamate, Cam4, etc...

I read someones experience (don't remember who, sorry D: ) on CB, she was saying she spent the first few months working 8+ hour shifts on the site meeting people and amassed a pretty big following and lots of success over the first year of her persistence.
I had a similar experience with CB, I found it took me about like 6 months to get a regular crowd.

Yeah, be I'll check out streamate if my traffic doesn't pick up. do you can through them? I've heard their payout is much lower?
this is correct. you get 35% with cam earnings and i think 50% from video sales. majority of models charge higher than they would on other sites. higher rates = higher earnings.
example for premium rates:
$1.99/min x 35% = $.69/min
360 minutes of paid chat in a week x $.69 = $248.40

$4.99/min x 35% = $1.74/min
360 minutes of paid chat in a week in paid chat x $1.74 = $626.40

another positive aspect of streamate that a lot of us models there prefer is no social commitments and is a pay to play site. no public shows. no below the belt nudity.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KarlaKaress
I found the easiest way to bring a crowd in was to keep my goals small and just have a lot of them.

As a customer, I totally agree. When you go into a room, and no one tipping, there is not much motivation to tip. That is unless you think you can reach goal.

Personally, there only some many times I'm willing to tip a model without getting to a show before you give up and move on. The best way I can describe it, is it's like chipping in for a pizza, and the pizza never comes, or when it does you don't get a slice.

Reactions: SpookybunzSM
@Lelo1 I've noticed that from a 3rd party viewer POV. It seems like most people that want to take part, are way more inclined to when it looks like there's other people participating, when the goals look at least achievable to a small room count or there's lots of prizes.
From a models POV, It's boring if there's low participation and lots of girls will get distracted, I also hated having to give up on a countdown half way through because it was stagnant for an hour (MFC problem because of camscore).
I think it's a great first step for both MFC and CB too, with CB it just gets the room going and gets people engaged.
On MFC it kind of avoids the issue of 1 person carrying the show, which can hurt a new model as it seems to discourage others from participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.