AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do nickname colors work in chaturbate ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a few questions about nickname colors on chaturbate. I hope you can help me to answer some of them :)

My understanding is that:
  • Orange names are Broadcasters
  • Red names are Moderators
  • Light Blue names own or have purchased tokens
  • Dark Blue names have tipped at least 50 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Light Purple names have tipped at least 250 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Dark Purple names have tipped at least 1000 tokens in the past 2 weeks
  • Green names are fan club members
  • Grey names have no tokens
But...

1) If I tipped a total of 1000 tokens in 2 weeks and have nothing more after that, am I going to get a dark purple nickname (since I spent 1000 tokens)? or a a Grey nickname (since I don't have tokens anymore)?

2) What if I buy tokens straight after having done what's written in question 1? Am I going to get a light blue nickname?

3) If tipped a total of 1000 tokens in 2 weeks but instead of spending everything, let's say that I leave 1 token on my account, I guess that I will surely be considered as a dark purple user but for how long? For 2 weeks? For an infinite time as long as my account doesn't fall to 0?

4) I was recently considered as a dark purple user since I tipped more than 1000 tokens in 2 weeks but the color of my nickname went back to light purple after 2 days only. How do you explain that?

5) If I tip like that :

Day 1: 250 tokens
Day 5: 250 tokens
Day 10: 250 tokens
Day 15: 250 tokens

I guess that I will be Dark Purple on day 15 but should I tip the same amount of tokens on Day 16 that I tipped on Day 1 ( 250 tokens) if I wanna stay dark purple?

6) Can you tell me if there is a way for the models to know how much tokens are left on your account?

Thanks in advance

• Helpful!
Reactions: sikayoujo
I have also decided to stay light blue for life to stay out of unwanted attention. I did not know, however, that I can tip hidden! Does this work on CB?

To tip as "Anonymous" on CB, you need to buy the Support Status for $20.99 per month (it also removes ads, lets you choose font style/colour, PM models).
Although, if you do it be careful of Apps and Bots, they may still show your name on Leaderboards as Highest Tipper, Most Recent Tipper, etc (both in the chat and below the video stream). This is always frustrating. Many of the apps/bots have not been updated to include the Anonymous tipping, and it's up to the creators to modify them, unfortunately.

With CB, if you buy the Support Status, when you then send a tip by clicking the green button, there should be an orange button with downwards arrow on it, click this arrow and you can choose between Public or Anonymous tip.
It remembers your choice during that session, but not for every session or room if I remember correctly. So you may always need to check to see if it's selected before sending/confirming your tip.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
I have also decided to stay light blue for life to stay out of unwanted attention. I did not know, however, that I can tip hidden! Does this work on CB?

Apologies for the confusion, I'm on MFC. We have the ability to tip hidden, silently, ninja, public or private tip notes, anonymous as well as setting up repeating tips if we want as part of our membership. We also have the ability to hide how many tokens we have, though can set it to low/medium/high range as an option instead of the model knowing exact count. Same with our rewards points.

It's been a long time since I've been on CB so have to defer to others for their knowledge on if CB offers similar.

model still sees who tipped though, so not avoiding attention too much

Yes, models still see who tips unless done anonymously. For me, I hide my tokens/reward points from models and generally hide my tips from public due to it's no one's business but mine and the model what I tip.

Reactions: silentm0de
Upvote 0
Did people forget that Chaturbate is about promoting being social and interacting with each other or...? The website fuctions as intended when it comes to whatever gives a person bragging rights, and what would draw other users to and models to interact with them. If you're hellbent on avoiding attention, it sounds like MyFreeCams would work better that.

Upvote 0
You are right. I still would love have some minutes to adjust to a room without the model PMing me because I am purple. I like to interact, if i like the girl and her show, but when browsing especially low-viewer cams, I got messaged immediatly like "Hi bb want pvt?". Maybe I do, maybe I don't! How can I know that, being in a room for the first time? There's a lot of purples who LOVE attention, so I am sure nobody misses me.

I tried MFC once for some weeks, but never found an interesting show. It's totally different there. I felt like an alien in every room. People were talking about strange things I couldn't comprehend as a newcomer. I tipped some girls a couple of hundreds and tried to get a feel for their rooms. I still felt very much like I wasn't even there. Basically, nothing sexually exciting ever happened. After a couple of weeks I still had not found an engaging room and was sitting on 700 tokens. I chose a random room with a pretty girl, said hi, dropped the tokens as a parting gift and deleted my account. Also, the site GUI design was horrible. CB's isn't much better, I know, but still better and a little cleaner.

Upvote 0
It may have changed some. But typically CB has been more sexual in nature whereas MFC is more social/hangout with sexuality focused. Some of the models regularly in the top 100 to top 50 are non-nude or semi-nude/topless.

The issue isn't so much that we don't want to talk to the models, it's more that it's akin to the minute you walk into a store you're harassed by a salesperson IMMEDIATELY. FFS, give me a couple of minutes to look at the environment and see if it appeals to me. It's generally not the top models who are doing this, it's the mid to lower ranked ones. Then, if you tip them five tokens and have the intention of never coming back, they put you on their friends list and PM as soon as you log in for months on end.

No one likes this kind of harassment online, or in person. If you were to walk into a store and harassed by sales people, you most likely wouldn't come back and have similar complaints.

For me, it got so bad that immediately upon login, I'd receive more than ten PM's within the first minute from models I hadn't visited in over a month and was in their room for less than five minutes begging me for tokens. Hell, even models I'd never talked to were PM'ing me for tokens because my name got put on the list of tippers for whatever studio they worked in. I also found out that some models who have no one in their rooms will look into other rooms and see who's tipped and send them a "Hello bb" PM (this was told to me by a couple of models who did this). My resolution to this was to implement friends lists and block all others. This way, only the models I regularly interact with can PM me. If by some chance I decide to enter a new room, I put that model on the list. This allows her to PM me if she wishes. But, if I don't like her or her room, I remove her once I exit the room so she can't PM me again.

The reason why I hide my tokens and rewards points (an indicator of how much someone has spend during the lifetime of the account) is because it's nobody's business but my own. I'm perfectly fine with a model keeping tabs on how much I spend in her room, the last time I was there, etc. But, not her business if I have tokens to spend (I typically do otherwise I wouldn't be there). But, I also don't want her to focus strictly on me when there's others there too. Especially if I haven't tipped anything yet. It's profiling. Now, if I'm a regular, or have visited before and the model remembers how I interacted with her before as well as what I tipped, that's different.

Now, I completely get that a model can argue that being able to see tokens, rewards points, or some indication of what a member has spent such as colours on CB shows that a member might be more apt to spend tokens on them. For me, there's some major problems with that view:

1) With the store scenario, employees have no way to look into a person's wallet or bank accounts to see how much they might have to spend
2) Just because I have tokens to spend doesn't mean a model may receive them because I entered her room. If I get an impression of not liking the room within the first 60 seconds, I'm gone and won't tip. Maybe her preview/image doesn't exactly match her when she's in the room. Her voice or attitude is bad. Maybe something I don't like about her physically. Shit, I've had it where the model is great but the members in her room are assholes and I won't put up with it.
3) Or, as some models have complained, guys dumped all their tokens/money on their favourite model and don't have anymore to spend on others

Upvote 0
The issue isn't so much that we don't want to talk to the models, it's more that it's akin to the minute you walk into a store you're harassed by a salesperson IMMEDIATELY. FFS, give me a couple of minutes to look at the environment and see if it appeals to me.

And this is why I prefer to be "hidden" as a light blue user all of the time.
If I try to explain that I am just browsing and reading etc I am then made to be the arsehole, which I feel is unfair. So in that case I go on my merry way and find someone else.

Reactions: silentm0de
Upvote 0
When I'm in the mood for tipping/chatting I usually have 1000 tokens in my account because you get a bigger discount. I browse a bunch of rooms, some on my follow list and some new ones. Some models ignore you but others jump straight to PM and it feels rude to ignore them or leave their room. I have a couple of 0 token grey accounts that I use in a different browser. Soimetimes I just want to see what a model looks like, how she interacts or check out her tip menu/private/roll the dice prizes and prices anonymously. No need for either of us to waste time and energy when I'm just window shopping.

Upvote 0
And this is why I prefer to be "hidden" as a light blue user all of the time.
If I try to explain that I am just browsing and reading etc I am then made to be the arsehole, which I feel is unfair. So in that case I go on my merry way and find someone else.

This is where I use the preview of the main page to see what's going on. On MFC, it's the camera in the upper right corner of the model's avatar on the main page. On CB, SM, and others I think it's just hovering over the screen capture isn't it? I know it's not ideal. But, it gives a bit of a preview. Then I drop into the room for a few seconds if I'm interested. If it's a quick visit, I won't tip. If I hang around for a couple of minutes and just not quite feeling it, I'll tip a few tokens and leave.

I've only had a couple of times where new models give me grief about just checking out their room. Most have been pretty inviting, and I've explained to them that I may not be that chatty as I figure out her room and read profile. I had one kick me from her room because I didn't respond to her PM right away. Eh, no biggie.

Upvote 0
I would like to add on a tiny bit about colors...

The original behavior on CB was that once you spent all of your tokens, your account returned to grey. This is still how the Test Bed operates. If you earned tokens and never purchased them, once you transfer all of your tokens you will return to a grey username.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Did people forget that Chaturbate is about promoting being social and interacting with each other or...? The website fuctions as intended when it comes to whatever gives a person bragging rights, and what would draw other users to and models to interact with them. If you're hellbent on avoiding attention, it sounds like MyFreeCams would work better that.

Except going on MFC feels about like going from facebook to myspace. The site really needs a fresh coat of paint.

Reactions: odioso
Upvote 0
I wonder how easy it would be for CB to do the following...

2 site-wide colors: grey (never bought tokens) and light blue (purchased tokens before). All other colors would be specific to each room (like mods and fan club members).

That way if you tipped big recently you could enter other rooms and not be expected to tip like a whale.

Upvote 0
I wonder how easy it would be for CB to do the following...

2 site-wide colors: grey (never bought tokens) and light blue (purchased tokens before). All other colors would be specific to each room (like mods and fan club members).

That way if you tipped big recently you could enter other rooms and not be expected to tip like a whale.

I like the method in which places like Flirt4Free and Stripchat have done it where it's a number + rank/league.

So on Flirt4Free (I am not active on at all) I am only as a Rookie (first "rank badge/icon" which is green with the number 8 on) and I am level 8.
But in one models room, I saw someone that was a red badge/icon with the rank 686 on, not sure what all the badges are in between my green one and his red one but i am guessing there are a few. I am sure the red one may be the a kind of "legendary" one, you know, ultimate vip/platinum..

What I love about Stripchat's new one is that even when you spend all tokens, you turn back to grey BUT you have a little "ex" in the colour you recently were, so up until level 35 (i think) then you don't revert back to grey at all. You stay as that colour, then when you reach new ranks, you hit new leagues/colours.

I think it's such a good, simple way to see how many people have continued to tip and not just sit on 1 token..
Unfortunately, i feel somewhere like CB wouldn't do something like it because they'd be too worried they are copying. Even though it is fine - everywhere including forums have been using levels/ranks etc for many years

Reactions: mike_aussie
Upvote 0
I like the method in which places like Flirt4Free and Stripchat have done it where it's a number + rank/league.

So on Flirt4Free (I am not active on at all) I am only as a Rookie (first "rank badge/icon" which is green with the number 8 on) and I am level 8.
But in one models room, I saw someone that was a red badge/icon with the rank 686 on, not sure what all the badges are in between my green one and his red one but i am guessing there are a few. I am sure the red one may be the a kind of "legendary" one, you know, ultimate vip/platinum..

What I love about Stripchat's new one is that even when you spend all tokens, you turn back to grey BUT you have a little "ex" in the colour you recently were, so up until level 35 (i think) then you don't revert back to grey at all. You stay as that colour, then when you reach new ranks, you hit new leagues/colours.

I think it's such a good, simple way to see how many people have continued to tip and not just sit on 1 token..
Unfortunately, i feel somewhere like CB wouldn't do something like it because they'd be too worried they are copying. Even though it is fine - everywhere including forums have been using levels/ranks etc for many years

Sounds to me it's more of a bragging rights type situation, or perhaps they're trying to make it seem like a video game? I'd find a way to shut it off as quickly as I could. Don't need anyone to know how many privates I've done with models, nor how much I've spent.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.