AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do y'all feel about anonymous tippers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
I don't really have it in me to carry on with the social aspects of camworld these days, so lately I prefer to just tip anonymously with requests, and move on. It seems like the models I interact with like this don't mind at all, but I always worry that I might be interrupting their vibe or whatever by just making a request without all the prerequisite chit-chat. I'm interested to know how folks around here feel about it, especially since it's definitely a baked-in function to most of the platforms out there. Do you think it's fine, quick and easy money, or is it a nuisance?

Reactions: MarieElise
It's great, as long as the request is something the model in question actually does/ is willing to do. The only time it's awkward for me is when the buyer assumes I do something, which I don't (doesn't ask first) and goes ahead and tips for it. A lot of people tip a small amount when they enter the room, and they are new, just to let you know they are for real, with no strings attached. Then they ask about the act or fetish or whatever they are interested in, then tip for it, and/or grab a quick exclusive (if it's something not allowed in public chat). That's my preferred order. Especially when my room is slamming busy, and several people are all talking to me at once.

Streamate is a great site for buyers who are busy and want to get straight to the point, as it were.

Not a nuisance at all. I think it's totally fine. I'll say "Thank you, anonymous!" while wondering who it is, and if it's a member from this forum (I won't ask, of course). :)

Not a nuisance at all. I think it's totally fine. I'll say "Thank you, anonymous!" while wondering who it is, and if it's a member from this forum (I won't ask, of course). :)
So when is "Tip Yummy B anonymously Day" again? 😅

I never tip anonymously and I never hide on StripChat, but I can totally see why some do it. Never heard any model complain about it, but I'm a little thin in the data department here ...

Reactions: zippypinhead
I stay invisible on Strip all the time other than in cases of people I know or want to be known to. Never had anyone complain when I drop a bunch of tokens on them from "Somebody." They always seem very happy about it.

I have had some complain about being anon in their room in general. Given that some guys will park there all day and do nothing I can kinda understand that too.

As a viewer, I've used the anonymous tip function before on CB, however the model can see who is making the tips. Also realised afterwards that there was a bot running that showed 'last tip' and 'high tippers total' (if that applies) directly under the video pane, so it was pretty easy for everyone in the room to see who had tipped anon :)

Yeah, doesn't really work on Cb. That is one thing that I wish they had there - the equivalent of invisible. Not as bad there though since people can't watch for and bother you with messages as they can on Strip.

As a viewer, I've used the anonymous tip function before on CB, however the model can see who is making the tips. Also realised afterwards that there was a bot running that showed 'last tip' and 'high tippers total' (if that applies) directly under the video pane, so it was pretty easy for everyone in the room to see who had tipped anon :)

For CB it really depends on a few things in terms of the bots.
Some people have probably left CB and no longer update the coding, so a model is using an old[er] one, and won't switch because it's a pain in the arse to redo all the settings and possibly learn new commands etc.
Or, some models have all in one bots that they paid for to be customized by the developer, but then now they don't want to pay again to just have them update the code to work with new things such as anonymous tipping.

I think a lot, especially the popular ones, are updated now to support anonymous tipping but obviously if you use a copy of an original bot, then chances are it may not have it included

It's great, as long as the request is something the model in question actually does/ is willing to do. The only time it's awkward for me is when the buyer assumes I do something, which I don't (doesn't ask first) and goes ahead and tips for it.
I second this. I don't mind anon tips, but occasionally I'll get one from someone who didn't read my tip menu and thinks they can get me to do whatever they want for 25 tk, and then it puts me in a weird position because I'm not going to do what they asked for but I'm not sure who to talk to about it. Usually if someone tips for something I don't offer, I'll give them raffle tickets or something instead so they're at least getting something but I can't do that if they're anon.

Status
Not open for further replies.