AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you ban from MFC Share?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
share.myfreecams.com
The wiki says that a chat room ban can be carried over into a ban from MFC Share, but they don't say how to do this. If I give a lifetime ban, does that carry over into share? How do I do that?

Upvote 0
Sooo... I have that box checked and I banned and ignored someone from my room tonight but he's still able to send me chats on mfc share. Am I missing something?

I wonder if there's a delay replicating accounts between services? Was it just a few minutes he was able to or was it the entire time you were broadcasting? Depending on the number of servers in an environment, as well as the types of access, it can take 15 minutes to a few hours.

Upvote 0
Sooo... I have that box checked and I banned and ignored someone from my room tonight but he's still able to send me chats on mfc share. Am I missing something?
I think Ignore *should* cover Share as well, but maybe was an oversight by MFC. I'd suggest messaging model support, and if you don't hear anything back let me know.

Upvote 0
I wonder if there's a delay replicating accounts between services? Was it just a few minutes he was able to or was it the entire time you were broadcasting? Depending on the number of servers in an environment, as well as the types of access, it can take 15 minutes to a few hours.

It was a couple of hours. I broadcasted for a few more hours after the ban and didn't even see his messages until after, but he was still able to send them after I stopped broadcasting.

I think Ignore *should* cover Share as well, but maybe was an oversight by MFC. I'd suggest messaging model support, and if you don't hear anything back let me know.

I ended up changing my settings on Share so that only my friends and members of my clubs can initiate chats with me, and then deleted the chat with him. That seems to have worked because I haven't gotten any more messages from him.

Also, after you ban someone, can they still watch as a guest? I have seen others mention something about bans being at an IP level so they shouldn't be able to come back and watch as a guest, but this guy made it clear that he continued to watch the entire rest of my stream after he was banned. So either the IP thing isn't true, or he used a VPN or his phone or something to get around it, which is extra annoying.

Upvote 0
It was a couple of hours. I broadcasted for a few more hours after the ban and didn't even see his messages until after, but he was still able to send them after I stopped broadcasting.

I ended up changing my settings on Share so that only my friends and members of my clubs can initiate chats with me, and then deleted the chat with him. That seems to have worked because I haven't gotten any more messages from him.

Interesting that it was that long of a time. Given the chat was there, wonder if there's a bug where if one already exists it sees it as permissible?

Also, after you ban someone, can they still watch as a guest? I have seen others mention something about bans being at an IP level so they shouldn't be able to come back and watch as a guest, but this guy made it clear that he continued to watch the entire rest of my stream after he was banned. So either the IP thing isn't true, or he used a VPN or his phone or something to get around it, which is extra annoying.

I think it varies based on the type of ban, and there will always be ways around an IP/region ban. If the ban is done at the username, then they can either create a new name or just not log in and watch as a guest. If you have it where guests can't chat then he can't say anything unless they create a new account. If you do an IP/region ban, one can always use a VPN in another city/country to view. Amber or other models might have more specifics on this, as I'm only commenting from a member's perspective.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.