AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you deal with depression?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Copious amounts of vitamin D. I don't recommend others do this but I take more than the recommended dose and take like 4000iu (usually 1000 or 2000 is recommended so if you live somewhere that isn't all sunshine all the time you could talk to a Dr about taking it.)
Do you have Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Well I am not the one to open up about things like this but I guess I’ll do it anyways.

I have been suffering from PTSD, anxiety and depression since my ex (fiancé) beat me and mentally broke me down to where I don’t even feel like I should be able to smile or be able to live a normal happy life.

Before I met him I was this so called “outgoing girl” who loved life and people and so forth. Now I hate humanity and people and feelings.

When I have a mental break down I just cry myself to sleep, and sleep until whenever I feel like waking up again.

Now I learned to relax, and take a breather and tell myself it will be okay, and take a bath to soak my toxins out that aren’t needed. Also I learned that aroma therapy works wonders.

I find tedious mind numbing tasks helpful. I clean a lot when I'm depressed. It's really hard since bed is so close but if I can help it I try not to stay laid down in the dark too long. If cleaning pulls me out of it enough for a bit I'll take on another productive activity I feel I have the energy for. I'll look through my to do list and try to get started on the easiest stuff, if that's too much I'll try knitting or reading, something a little more challenging to occupy my thoughts with.

Other ideas: take a short walk, or sit outside for a bit. Eat a fruit that has texture. Put on cartoons that are funny. Try a short easy work out vid on YouTube then look up a hobby you've always wanted to learn how to do (I found my love of makeup this way).

For me the hardest part of anything is getting the energy to start. Usually it gets easier as I go on. Even if it doesn't, I'll go back to bed feeling less shitty because I at least tried.

For the last year or so my depression has been weighing heavily on my mind off and on. I am not really in a position to take anything chemical to treat it, work reasons, and I wondered if anyone like to share how they or their friends get through the bad times?

My personal tips for lifting spirits short term and making a difference to life long term.

1) Sing (give thanks) in the shower, with or without music, be grateful (give thanks) both with words and in your heart for what is.

If you can't sing, because you are feeling so depressed/down, just say words out loud, start with the basics then let it build with your mood. for example
Thank you that I am alive,
thank you that I can breath,
thank you for my body,
thank you for the flowing water
build on it, include all the things you can think of.
thank you for the fun times, thank you for the laughter, thank you for my friends, thank you for wonderful music etc

If you sing/listen a song then different songs are going to work for different people at diffferent times. Here are some music ideas that I've found helpful:
The Lion King - Hakuna Matata
Mozella - Thank you
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwoʻole
Abba - Thank You For The Music
Nina Simone - Feeling Good
Nina Simone - Ain't Got No, I Got Life

If you are going through a heartbreak, listening to CHANGE by Mozella could help.

Youtube poster said:
I stumbled across this song on a VERY bad day. On my birthday the father of my 5 year old son decided his gift to me was walking out. He took all the money we had for bills (due in 3 days) and disappeared. I'm a stay at home mom so we have no other means of income. To make things worse.. I'm 9 weeks pregnant.. I just want to say thank you. This song is getting me by. I've listened to it so much that my 5 year old runs around the house singing it. This song makes me feel things will get better
:h:

2) Get vitamin D naturally. By far the best way in my view is to get out in some real sunshine where possible when sun is high in the sky, let bare arms feel the sunlight.
If no sunny around then take a holiday to a sunny place if possible. Give consideration to eating wild Salmon and free range eggs, both sources of good nutrition.

3) Identify your limited beliefs and embrace your fears - this is mostly for the long term, one useful step is to watch this Ted talk video by Tim Ferris. Tim is like a younger improved version of me, he had major depression [MEDIA]
Ted talk link here as it seems embedding doesn't work fully.

I struggle with depression too and lately it's been kicking my ass.

The most helpful things I've found are to develop a workout routine, or even just do yoga. Get outside! Fresh air and sunshine do wonders. I've also been focusing on old hobbies and picking up new ones just to keep my mind occupied.

Life gets tough and we're often dealt a bad hand. Anyone else out there struggling, I'm really proud of you for doing what you do and for staying strong. :kiss:

So far diet is the biggest factor that I can change when my mood flops. I get depressed/exhausted, and exercise just makes me feel worse. Eating more vegetables and taking probiotics often helps a little bit. But mostly I have to just sort of work through it until I'm too exhausted to be exhausted anymore, and things kind of start to roll back uphill. I don't have a good solution but to eat well and ride it out and try not to be too hard on myself.

Another thing I find helpful, similar to @Puffin , is listing things I’m grateful for, or positive things from my day. Might be as general as “my dog is so cute” or as simple as “my coffee this morning was really yummy”. This has been shown through studies to boost your mood, and it genuinely helps me. I’ll write a minimum of three per day but it can be as many as you want.

There are a few things I have tried over the years, here is what has helped me...

Firstly seek some professional help, I waited much too long before I finally I was brave enough to face up to my own issues and it nearly cost me everything.

For me it is the lifestyle changes that I made, firstly I learnt to meditate. I now spend 10-15 minutes meditating twice a day. This helps relax me, it gets rid of my anxiety and it is a skill I can use whenever I feel that things are getting too much for me. It took me about 3-4 months before I learnt how to meditate properly and especially at the beginning it was not easy and I wanted to give up.

Secondly I made a conscious decision to plan do two things a week that I would look forward to, like going to the movies, having a nice dinner, going for a walk somewhere nice. For me the important thing is the anticipation for the two things that I have chosen to do , the actual event as well as talking and remembering the event

Thirdly it is to exercise, the endorphins you get from a good workout are fantastic. I can highly recommend boxing, you don’t even have to spar with anyone just the training and hitting a bag can work wonders.

Finally I joined a club, for me it was joining the local surf lifesaving club, now I volunteer and train kids at the beach on the weekend. It’s a great way to make new friends and feel some self worth.

It is still a struggle for me and I still have bad days and weeks, but it is nowhere near as bad as it was.

My heart goes out to anyone who is suffering from depression and anxiety, it is not something I would wish on my worst enemy. Just know it can get better and there is help out there for you.

Very low doses of Celexa and Buspar. Breakfast of Champions. My brain doesn't balance serotonin well (probably genetic in my case). Those things happen. It took a couple tries to find the right Auntie Depressant and dose. I also have a good psychologist and get shrink-wrapped when I feel the need.

Hi!!
I deal with a whole slew of mental disorders and went unmedicated for a long time. It can be very, very difficult. Way to hang in there :h:, that in and of itself can be extremely challenging when depressed and y'all are awesome for doing it.
Are you able to take herbal remedies? I've had some success with taking St. John's Wort & holy basil tinctures. If you're gonna use herbs, tinctures are usually the most effective way to take them medicinally (depends on what you're treating, cause sometimes a syrup or a tea is what you need/the best way to process that specific herb to attain the chemical components you desire.)
Keep your space as clean as you can. My room when I'm depressed is the worst and it makes me even more sad and unable to get out of bed. But, there are moments when you can pick up that mcdonalds bag or hang that jacket up--even if you can't do the whole thing, do what you /can/ do, you will feel better in most ways. I can rarely put things all the way away, but I can pile neatly. That much helps my brainscape. Invest in air purifying plants that are hard to kill (ie: snake plant, pothos, parlor palm, etc.)
If you're able, get yourself on as much of a schedule as possible. Try to wake up and go to sleep at the same tame every day, giving yourself as many hours of daylight as possible. I went from working nights to working early mornings and that was the thing that forced me to do this and it was one of the best things to ever happen to me.
It is VERY easy to become avoidant. Canceling plans can literally soothe your entire body and take so much pressure off of you. Sometimes, it's definitely the right thing. However, you will quickly isolate yourself and start to feel left behind. Social interaction is vital, even if it's just a small conversation in passing with a stranger at the gas station. AVOID SOCIAL MEDIA WHEN ABLE. It's so easy to fall into the mind numbing scrolling of fb or insta. I've lost weeks if not months of my life doing this. It also specifically feels like the work of socially interacting without most any of the benefit.

Are you able to take herbal remedies? I've had some success with taking St. John's Wort & holy basil tinctures. If you're gonna use herbs, tinctures are usually the most effective way to take them medicinally (depends on what you're treating, cause sometimes a syrup or a tea is what you need/the best way to process that specific herb to attain the chemical components you desire.)

Jumping in to say be careful and ask a doctor before taking even natural herbal remedies. St. John's Wort is known as being good for depression, but can be bad for someone with for instance bipolar I depression (can cause them to go into psychosis.)

Last edited:
There's only one time I was seriously depressed. There's also times where I've felt a little down. But, overall, I'm a rather positive person.

For myself, key factors I've found that lead to negative thoughts are:

- Inactivity: Just sitting around causes the brain to start to think about what I should be doing, then goes into a negative circle of thoughts, which then starts to spiral further downward. Being active, even if it is cleaning, going for a walk, visit someone, etc. it takes your mind away from the emptiness. Hobbies allow me to focus on task at hand. By this, I'm referring to away from electronics.

- Poor nutrition: The more processed foods I eat, the crappier I feel. Clean foods such as meats, veggies/fruits, or other things I prepare help keep the mind sharp and I feel better because it's something I cooked, rather than paid someone to do.

- Being around "Negative Nancies": The company you keep has a lot to do with your mental health, and emotions. Energy tends to feed itself, and grow. It's more enjoyable to be in an environment of positive energy and emotions, than negative. If you're finding yourself mostly in a negative one, look to see what you can change to either change your own environment. Or, move to a more positive one.

There's a lot of simple things one can do to help change a mood. Some work, others don't. If you've tried different things, and still feeling down. Talk to someone. Whether it be a professional, or someone you know who will openly listen, and not judge you. When I needed it, I found that once I opened up about a situation I was in, it helped out immensely. The first couple times were difficult to do so. But, I'm thankful I was able to do so without being judged.

Sometimes, medication is needed. But, admittedly, I question the validity of some prescribed treatments due to potential side effects. Was a prescription given as a "quick fix" either as an interim while continuing to search for underlying issues? Or, will it lead down a path of being prescribed multiple medications due to side effects of the other pills?

Reactions: Shaun__
hello :)
your question got to my attention because i've been there as well. something that would (i think) help you out, would be meditation :)

Reactions: Shaun__
Status
Not open for further replies.