AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you like your twitter served?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
I never imagined myself using twitter, EVER, until i started participating in cam sites. I realize now twitter has become, at least for me, an indirect side-entertainment to the meat of its usage, which is partaking in camming activities, although don’t mistake it for spending hours at a time checking tweets. The following are my own twitter turn-ons and also turns-offs, and i also like to read how you, the patronizing member of the camming world, utilize twitter.

Twitter turn-ons

A tiny glimpse into a model’s daily life:
Sounds kinda intrusive, but i’m not asking for a life story. If there’s a feeling of too intrusive for safety or privacy purposes refraining her from tweeting, that’s fine. The most i could ever ask for are the mundane things, like how she folds her own laundry, how many cups of coffee she consumes in a day, etc.

Jokes or playful humor
I feel like humor adds so much flavor to the overall personality. Simple jokes go a long way.

Daily thoughts
Thoughts on socio-politics, philosophical thoughts on life, random mundane thoughts on nonsensical stuff, etc

Random pictures
Selfies, pet(s), meals, outfits, scenery, funny/unusual/beautiful things she comes across worth photographing, etc. No sexy stuff necessary for me. Pictures just adds to the scope of her being interesting.

Twitter turn-offs

Overly negative, cynical tweets
I’m already cynical enough. Plus, it doesn’t paint the best picture of the model when she’s constantly tweeting negative thoughts and feelings

An advertising robot
Some models only tweet stuff like, “Logging online now,” “I have video deals today, message me,” “Come inquire about my skype shows,” “Snapchat on sale today.” Basically she doesn’t sound human when it’s all business.

Tweeting overkill
Like 30, 40, 50 tweets a day, even if they’re all turn-on tweets. Too many is way too many.

A twitter feed entirely of retweets
I rather she tweets her own stuff instead of others

What this all adds up to…
I can only say this for myself: I’ll admit i’m more likely to revisit a model’s room when her twitter is aligns to what i enjoy most when checking twitter. Whether this holds true for everyone else, can’t say for sure. Theoretically, it’s possible. Some members might be looking for more nude content, and some might be looking for deals. Who knows...

So how do you like your twitter served?

A models twitter is all about self promotion so I have no issue with tweets about logging on, raffles, deals or whatever they may happen to be selling. I just dont like if thats all they tweet.

Really I think a good twitter feed is anything that shows theres an actual human behind it, so random rubbish is the best really. Funny stuff, what makes you happy or even what makes you sad is all good it just proves there's not a camming terminator behind the feed and then mix in when you are coming online/selling whatever.

I find randomness much more engaging and makes me much more likely to buy whatever they are selling or want to come and see their show.

I love twitter. I was on Twitter waaaayyyyy before I ever became a cam model ! (the personal Twitter helps for my more negative tweets Haha! I been havin them bad days!)

I find on the models side though, that it doesn't really help get new tippers. There are a couple promoters I've met who actually have tipped me and contributed and are great, though.

However for my 1k followers I have made in the past 4 months probably like 8-10 of them have tipped me once. Maybe 2 of those have tipped me more than once.

But it is a great way for people who stumble across me to keep in touch/find out when I'm online and stuff! I love twitta. Also I love scrolling through hot cam ladies on my TL!!!

Setting aside me being a cam girl, I want to reply as a viewer as well:

I love - random funny thoughts, pics of daily activities (not saying it has to be every day, just "daily" as in what they do in off-cam life) and their food/pets, info about their cam happenings, and updates on their personal status (health and other woes, but not too overly negative) and fun events.

I dislike - constant retweets of other peoples' stuff, tons of overtly sexual pic/gif content especially with lots of penis, constant whining about not getting enough offline tips/etc, spoiled brat/supremely domme stuff (very personal preference there, I know it's a popular niche), and posting pics of their kids or other children (adult related social media should be void of that completely IMO).

I agree with both @fandango and @mutantdonut that it's nice to see the actual human behind the model on Twitter, as it makes us feel more connected to them and intrigues us to see the chick behind the cam girl facade, in small doses of course.

@AmberCutie there's a girl I follow who posts pics of her kid :/ I totally agree with you on that.
Yeah there are some of my favorite girls in the adult world who do it and I grin and bear it, but it bothers me deep down. I feel like you can *talk* about your kiddos on your adult Twitter, but not post pics of them all over it. There are some assholes in the world who will take that and use it against you, and even worse, twisted pervs who will get off on it in a bad way.

It's just all around no bueno, IMO.

Yeah there are some of my favorite girls in the adult world who do it and I grin and bear it, but it bothers me deep down. I feel like you can *talk* about your kiddos on your adult Twitter, but not post pics of them all over it. There are some assholes in the world who will take that and use it against you, and even worse, twisted pervs who will get off on it in a bad way.

Personally I don't even like people to know about my offspring. I don't talk about it at all with members. I guess I could use the MILF title if I wanted haha. But picky ass losers have given me shit about it in the past because I am "too young". Definitely young-looking as well. However, looking at my body it's fairly easy to tell I have had a child hahah. But for the most part no I flat out refuse to talk about it on cam related stuff (save here... Mostly in MO, this might be the last time anyone sees me talk about it here)
Just seems like trouble.... And endangering!!!

I use the "turn off retweet" function a lot but I think it's important for models to realize how off-putting it can be, and that many members won't bother to mute it but will just unfollow.

Likewise - models who set their Tumblr to auto-post to Twitter and then reblog tons of random stuff, omg. That is probably my biggest twitter pet peeve, and you can't just turn those tweets off, so you either mute or unfollow, which defeats the purpose of gaining followers in the first place.

I actually take it a bit farther. I don't think kids pictures should be posted online, on any site. Until they are old enough to decide for themselves they want to post their pictures online. Even though they are that persons children, they should still be allowed to have the right to choose if they want their pictures plastered all over the internet.

Likewise - models who set their Tumblr to auto-post to Twitter and then reblog tons of random stuff, omg. That is probably my biggest twitter pet peeve, and you can't just turn those tweets off, so you either mute or unfollow, which defeats the purpose of gaining followers in the first place.

Not sure about the main twitter page, but this is one of the reasons I like Tweetdeck and Tweetcaster. I filter out stuff that annoys me. You still see all their other tweets, they aren't blocked. Just tweets with those words, like tmblr, are never shown. Any keyword you start seeing over and over can have that entire tweet filtered out of your stream.

Screenshot - 9_23_2015 , 4_13_27 AM.png

The mute function and blocking retweets is soooo helpful for those promoters who just retweet explicit material all the time. I don't want gifs of people fucking up on my phone as soon as I open it up lol.

I so agree with this! I don't enjoy Twitters that are too much focused on business and/or re-tweets. I myself have to watch out for being too "business" because many days my life is sleep, cam, sleep so there isn't too much else to tweet about LOL :/ That said, I will surely post fun stuff whenever possible! Great topic!

I would think models just enjoy the fun side of social media-ing as a side benefit to twitter, alongside marketing purposes. Turns out, tweeting out the human side serves as an additional benefit for her marketability, albeit unintentional. Or maybe it’s intentional all along, hell i dunno. Bottom line, those fun tweets have a bigger impact on members who are drawn to the human side of models, which might compel certain members to come back for more. As many of us go, we come for the boobs, we stay for the personality.

(the personal Twitter helps for my more negative tweets Haha! I been havin them bad days!)
I find on the models side though, that it doesn't really help get new tippers.

I understand twitter is also utilized as an outlet to vent when life is giving lemons, but you hit on something about too many negative tweets: that there could be a costly trickle down effect. And it's not to say all members lack sympathy to a model's harsh times, but i would imagine it to be a detriment in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I understand twitter is also utilized as an outlet to vent when life is giving lemons, but you hit on something about too many negative tweets: that there could be a costly trickle down effect. And it's not to say all members lack sympathy to a model's harsh times, but i would imagine it to be detriment in the grand scheme of things.
basically what I've learned is that if you bitch on camgirl Twitter nobody likes you, lol. (Seems to be the general consensus)

gotta keep dat happy camgirl persona.

basically what I've learned is that if you bitch on camgirl Twitter nobody likes you, lol. (Seems to be the general consensus)

gotta keep dat happy camgirl persona.
I must be kind of a strange guy (scratch that, I *AM* a strange guy). I like it when a model complains about things in her life. I appreciate any kind of opening up really. "Bitching" is fine, within reason that is. I even can dig the "brat" persona, if that's the models modus operandi.

If that's all there is to the models tweets though I'd be uninterested in visiting her on cam. I feel it's like adding spice to a tasty meal, too much and it can ruin the dish. People enjoy various levels of spicy though.

Last edited:
One other thing i failed to mention is when models tweet questions for followers to answer, which increases connectivity between tweeter and follower just a wee bit more. Most common type of question i see is asking for movie, tv show, or music recommendations. Then there are questions that require opinionated answers, and of course those profound questions such as, "Why do guys think it's okay to send out dick pics?" :haha: ...although i suppose some of them are (sorta?) rhetorical. Nevertheless, they can be fun to answer...

#hopelesstweeter

I'm one of those who's had Twitter since like 2009. It's now 2015 and .........I've only just learnt how to use it and what "#" was for.
And I still don't fully get it.
And as a now tweeting Camgirl I actually forget to tweet!! Especially things like "I'm online now" .......and then sit and wonder why no one has turned up lol

I pretty much gave up promoting on Twitter. I use it for my own entertainment, to follow people I find interesting, and to creep on other cam ladies. :inlove:
Two things that really get on my nerves are manual RTers and @ers.

Reactions: mutantdonut
Status
Not open for further replies.