AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you relish your pickles?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZenHedonist said:
What are your favorite pickles and relish? What do you like them on?

Only on sandwiches, burgers and hotdogs? Mixed in your tuna?

Dill? Bread and butter? Sweet?

Pickled beets? Pickled eggs? Pickled veggies?

Curious minds want to know.
Always dill or kosher, never sweet. NEVER SWEET! Those are "broken pickles". (Jawbs will say the opposite.)

Relish on tuna salad, on hot dogs, in egg salad, maybe in a sammich.

Whole pickles on the side of anything, or just as a low calorie (yet high sodium, as is everything I snack on) snack. Sliced kosher dills on sammiches and burgers.

I haven't had a pickled egg since I was a kiddo. I like pickled jalapenos and that cauliflower/carrot/etc mix (what's it called? Something with a J or G?)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Agree with Amber, although I occasionally get a nagging desire for a sweet pickle.

Nalley's used to make a glorious pickle called "Tiny Garlic Dills," and they had a variation with some jalapenos tossed in. They were so so nicely CRISP and wonderful flavor. No idea why they quit making them.

AmberCutie said:
I haven't had a pickled egg since I was a kiddo. I like pickled jalapenos and that cauliflower/carrot/etc mix (what's it called? Something with a J or G?)

Giardeniera! I can eat a whole jar of that stuff if uncontrolled and everyone thinks I'm gross.

I like all all pickles. I like the salty ones with sandwiches or burgers. I like the sweet ones and sweet relish on hot dogs, also on a cuban sandwich. (panini with ham swiss sweet pickles)

eeee!! pickles!!! :D :drool:

What are your favorite pickles and relish?
Dill, garlic or kosher!

What do you like them on?
Pickles: Burgers!! Or any sammich with mustard and onions... mmmm. On my plate, on my tongue... on everything! Also deep fried.. sooooo good! I'll trade sexy times for deep fried pickles.... :oops: nah that's a lie, I'll have both at the same time please!
Relish: Hotdogs BB, and in ham or tuna sammiches!

Everything pickled! fermented foods are soo tasty and soo good for you! (they help sort out your gut flora :D ) Sauerkraut, beets and pickles are my favs! I've never had pickled eggs before.. what are those like?

Now I'm curious, what are you favs?

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    980.1 KB · Views: 204
Almost any pickles are good. I tend to do a lot of refrigerator pickling. Eggs, sausage, veggies mostly. Zucchini and jalapeno's are both excellent pickled. Usually around $25 worth of fresh vegetables will do 3 half gallon jars like this. I'll end up having a little bit of it now and then for the next 5 to 6 weeks that way.

I don't normally eat a lot of eggs, but I love having pickled ones on hand. Turns out the sausage is really good that way too. I've only ever made pickled sausage this last time as a test. Will be making that again.

My biggest sadz is I seem to have lost a recipe for 'max pickles' my mom use to make when I was growing up. I know they had spears of carrot, celery and garlic cloves in with the cucumber spears. And it was a very spicy pickle. I think it had pickling spice, but no dill. Maybe extra peppercorns. But I haven't been able to find anything in recipe books or online that looks like it would be right.

Attachments

• SAM_1397_compressed.jpg
    SAM_1397_compressed.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 191
Dill pickles and / or dill relish.
Pickled beets with eggs.
I use dill pickles or dill relish in chicken, ham, egg, or turkey salad. Dill pickles (or dill relish) in potato salad (I also add salad olives for a little more tang).
Cold meat subs require the jumbo dill pickle (it's the law). :lol:
mustard and dill pickle on breaded tenderloin, hamburger or hot dogs.

I probably forgot many things, but it's a start. :handgestures-salute:

I am a pickle enthusiast. Pickles mixed into tuna, placed onto sandwiches, on the side with a burger, anywhere really. Mmm.

I agree with Amber - sweet pickles are blasphemy. Kosher or dill are my favorites but I'll eat anything but a sweet pickle.

Now branching out into the general fermented realm:

Sauerkraut - I am obsessed. Serve it with sausages, hot dogs, pierogies.

Kimchi - Also obsessed. Make kimchi fried rice a lot, as well as eat it when I'm having Korean food.

Banana peppers - these go on everything pickles go on but also pizza.

dilligaf0 said:
ZenHedonist said:
I like most all pickles and pickled fewdz with the exception of Bread and Butter pickles.

I wholeheartedly agree on the Bread and Butter pickles.

Also, I forgot ( somehow ) dill pickles and chopped onions on pulled pork / barbecue. :eek:

ohhellyes

I like making fridge pickles. Peel and slice some cucumbers, and throw them in a bowl with onion slices and a simple brine of vinegar, salt, and water. Then you just leave 'em sit for awhile in the refrigerator. A few hours is the minimum, but give them a day or two if you can manage it. I've seen on cooking shows fairly often where they bring the brine to a boil first, to blanch the pickles and then cool them. I've never tried it, and since I peel and slice the cucumbers, it all seems to take the brine flavor just fine without the heat.

And you can add things, too! Different veg, sliced or minced garlic, peppercorns, various herbs. Next time I do it, I think I'm gonna go for some spice, and add a bit of Serrano chilies.

Kosher Dill (means it hits made with Garlic), Spicy Dill, Sweet relish the neon green one a Chicago staple. Dill Relish is ok I have only had it once or twice.

Hot dogs, Polish sausage, Hamburgers occasionally. Relish mixed in Tuna Salad and mixed in Egg salad maybe sneak it into a Deviled egg or two. Chopped Dill pickles onions mixed in with Braunschweiger to make a liver sausage spread oh yes please and thank you. Chopped Dills in a ham salad, oh yea!

Both Dill on Polish, hot dogs. Bread and butter on Burgers, That is right I said it BREAD AND BUTTER I have a great recipe and oh they are good. Sweet rare just to have one for nostalgia sake.
Dill Spear in a Bloody Mary ahh ahh ahhh?

Pickled Beets I make them myself. (I have 3 qts left) Next time I make them i will post the recipe on my blog.
Pickled Eggs Once in a bar in WI
Veggies? Giardinera Oh yes and hot please! Jalapeno and Carrot salad Yes please. Tomatoes Ok Okra, pearl onions, green beans, sauerkraut, sure Kim-chi never had it but it is on my bucket list to try.

I like Pickles, especially big dill ones.

I know that many camgirls suffer from anxiety.

So I thought you should all know about this.

if you're the kind of person who leaves the pickle on the side of the plate after finishing your burger, you may want to reconsider.

Research conducted by University of Maryland and published in the Psychiatry Research journal claims to have found a link between pickled foods and social anxiety.

Those that regularly ate pickles, kimchi, sauerkraut and more were found to have reduced 'neuroticism'.

The scientists were quite surprised to find that issues of mental health might be tied up in the stomach as well as the mind - calling it the 'mind-gut connection' (Descartes spins in grave).

"It is likely that the probiotics in the fermented foods are favorably changing the environment in the gut, and changes in the gut in turn influence social anxiety," said psychology professor Matthew Hilimire.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-astonished-scientists-discover-10332594.html

In case you are curious yes Amazon has many pages of pickles, and a few pages of Kimichi next time you update your wishlist.

Reactions: dilligaf0
AmberCutie said:
ZenHedonist said:

Always dill or kosher, never sweet. NEVER SWEET! Those are "broken pickles". (Jawbs will say the opposite.)

That's because Jawbs is right!

WildFingers said

Braunschweiger

You and I must be the only 2 people that eat this. I know of no one else that does. Not even my family.

Reactions: dilligaf0
JerryBoBerry said:
StrayObject said:
WildFingers said

Braunschweiger

You and I must be the only 2 people that eat this. I know of no one else that does. Not even my family.
Love it. Nice thick layer of it in a sandwich with onion slices, velveeta cheese and mustard. Awesome.

Zen is also a fan of a thick slice of Braunschweiger, a thick slice of onion, and some spicy brown mustard on a kaiser roll.

But, today's lunch was a Polish smothered in sauerkraut with bacon, diced onions, neon green relish, sport peppers, and mustard.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Kosher Dill (means it hits made with Garlic), Spicy Dill, Sweet relish the neon green one a Chicago staple. Dill Relish is ok I have only had it once or twice.

Hot dogs, Polish sausage, Hamburgers occasionally. Relish mixed in Tuna Salad and mixed in Egg salad maybe sneak it into a Deviled egg or two. Chopped Dill pickles onions mixed in with Braunschweiger to make a liver sausage spread oh yes please and thank you. Chopped Dills in a ham salad, oh yea!

Both Dill on Polish, hot dogs. Bread and butter on Burgers, That is right I said it BREAD AND BUTTER I have a great recipe and oh they are good. Sweet rare just to have one for nostalgia sake.
Dill Spear in a Bloody Mary ahh ahh ahhh?

Pickled Beets I make them myself. (I have 3 qts left) Next time I make them i will post the recipe on my blog.
Pickled Eggs Once in a bar in WI
Veggies? Giardinera Oh yes and hot please! Jalapeno and Carrot salad Yes please. Tomatoes Ok Okra, pearl onions, green beans, sauerkraut, sure Kim-chi never had it but it is on my bucket list to try.

Reactions: Nordling
Status
Not open for further replies.