AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How Do You Respond When a Member Says "I love you"?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoiraMoon

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 11, 2017
California
Twitter Username
@voidrepellent
Tumblr Username
viciousandvile
MFC Username
MoiraMoon
Hey all, i'm super new here. did keyword search for a similar thread and didn't see anything, sorry if this question's already come about.

I started regularly camming on MFC a couple of weeks ago, and so far so good. Got a couple of really wonderful regulars already. However, I do get the few odd members who straight up declare their love for me, sometimes over and over. Most of the time i'm able to dodge it, cause i'm not gonna reciprocate. but it does cause a small panic attack in me every time it happens Just wondering how some of you deal with members who are a bit overbearing with their affection?

Cammed for 6 years. Never happened to me. I'd tell them we need a disconnect and block them. Then, if this is something that had happened more than once, I'd look at how my behavior could be attracting the L word and make alterations to avoid it in the future. This is not a usual camming speed bump imo.

"I love you too, I need £300 for my mum's heart implant"
Honestly though,I don't treat it seriously or make a big deal about it. Mock them if that's in domspace or tell them I love them back if I like them enough. I say that quite often to my friends, I make a point of it.

"Aww, thank you!" and move on. The less time you spend focusing on it, the better. If the person keeps going on and on, silence/block them.

Cammed for 6 years. Never happened to me. I'd tell them we need a disconnect and block them. Then, if this is something that had happened more than once, I'd look at how my behavior could be attracting the L word and make alterations to avoid it in the future. This is not a usual camming speed bump imo.

Really? I have sooooo many dudes who say it within their first interaction with me, often instead of Hello. It's the one thing about this job that actually makes me feel gross. I always respond with "no you fucking don't, you don't know me. You might LUST me, but you can't love me." And when they inevitably continue with their stupid ass mushy nonsense, I block them because fuck that noise. Even changing from explicit model to a domme didn't stop it. It's like it's my face or something. Even being a straight-up cunt to these weirdos doesn't make them stop insisting that they totally love the woman they've been watching for a minute and a half.

Break it down psychology and physiologically how this huge misunderstanding has occurred and that the chemical cocktail being sponsored by your naked body, sweet voice and affectionate smile via the internet cannot possibly be love. Because to love someone you actually have to know someone. And the best way to get to know someone is to tip them generously.

Then you just repeat generously...generously...stare at the camera, zoom in or twirl your finger in a circle, whichever is easier.

TL;DR. Hypnotism.

I'd take the compliment then asking, 'what do you love about me?'. Let that followup answer decide if the comment is light hearted banter verse some misguided intimacy.

There are different kinds of guys who say this. Usually in the situation you're describing they are the guys who are basically needy and don't seem to really give a shit about you but want to say it, maybe for attention? This is annoying as it's so obviously empty and shallow. Then you get the guys who you know are your friends and might say it in a casual way, but you know they're not trying to say it romantically. Example of the difference: First situation, guy maybe says something sexual, followed by "I love you. You're amazing. I want to marry you", situation where it's clearly not a platonic appreciation love but also probably not a serious love. These guys are pretty annoying to be honest.
Second type is you say or do something funny or sexy or cool and they go "ahh that's why I love you!" or "love you Izzie, you're the best!", those situations seem pretty casual. It's love in the "You are awesome and saying like is not enough!" It's like saying "I love spending time with you because I love the way you make me feel" or "I love your personality". It's not necessarily saying directly "I love you".

I have had regulars who I have been friends with for so long that when they say the love word I know that it's genuine, they aren't in love with me and I have never had a member genuinely expressing that, but the love they feel is real (and in my case generally reciprocated). Personally so long as someone isn't trying to express genuine romantic love then I have no problem with it, but I think intuition comes in here, if it makes you feel uncomfortable there is probably a reason for it. If I genuinely thought they were in love with me then I would be honest and open with them and would try to end the friendship or persuade them to stop watching me (and other camgirls), if they're just fucking around then I would express it makes me feel uncomfortable and for them to stop as you know they aren't being legit. If they continue then they're disrespectful and don't care about your feelings at all, so I'd ban them.

I love the people here, even the occasional temporary trolls :) I am sorry to hear though, that customers made you feel uncomfortably courted. If it's any comfort, it can happen offline as well, and to men as well. I had a first hand experience as a waiter during the Tel Aviv gay parade week a few years ago, and it was not funny. It can be very unsettling and follow you long after the shift, even if no hands were reached to you.

Really? I have sooooo many dudes who say it within their first interaction with me, often instead of Hello. It's the one thing about this job that actually makes me feel gross. I always respond with "no you fucking don't, you don't know me. You might LUST me, but you can't love me." And when they inevitably continue with their stupid ass mushy nonsense, I block them because fuck that noise. Even changing from explicit model to a domme didn't stop it. It's like it's my face or something. Even being a straight-up cunt to these weirdos doesn't make them stop insisting that they totally love the woman they've been watching for a minute and a half.
Ahh. I was thinking she meant the members who find themselves believing they're in a relationship or heading toward one (like MFC clinger than SM copy paste compliment instead of going private dude). Or... I just don't inspire a lot of man love. *sidles over to @mynameisbob84 *

Reactions: Gen
Ahh. I was thinking she meant the members who find themselves believing they're in a relationship or heading toward one (like MFC clinger than SM copy paste compliment instead of going private dude). Or... I just don't inspire a lot of man love. *sidles over to @mynameisbob84 *

I never get long-time clingers so that didn't even occur to me. :facepalm: I just get the love-at-first-sight bros.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Yeah, it's weird. If they're paying members, I say something like "aww, that's nice" and carry on. If they seldom or never get shows, I block them. I had this guy who did a cringy show once, where he pretended to make out with the camera, who always ended up popping into my room to ask if I loved him, ugh. Blocked him even though he was "nice".

So, @JickyJuly "luv ya babe".
Seriously, I sign off with that for a couple of models, with their permission. It's more of a "later dude" than any kind of psychopathic stalkerish stuff.. As far as the I Love You bullshit, I don't get it

Reactions: JickyJuly
"Five hundred token, me love you long time!" (Spin on the line from "Full Metal Jacket" movie)

Honestly, I think @IsabellaSnow said it perfectly. There's different types of love, and it's learning the intention of the way it's said. One can say "I love you" and not be in love with someone. But, in some ways, I think there's a taboo on the L word now so many cringe when they hear it.

I'll admit it, I'm one whom will say "I love the way.." or "I love this..", etc. Doesn't mean I'm in love with them, I just really like something about what they do or a feature of theirs. For example, I have a weak spot for beautiful eyes on someone. The brighter, and "happier" they are, the better the effect on me. Even ones which are tired, and maybe a little worn with life can have an impact on me, since they are the gateway into a person's soul and can say a lot about someone without th personal actually saying it.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I had this guy who did a cringy show once, where he pretended to make out with the camera,

Gah, that's worse than the ones that do the "pussy-eating" tongue flicks. Just take your dick out like a normal dude, sheesh.

I have said to models "I love you" but I qualify it, like "I love you. You're one of my favorite models on CB."

Same thing I say to models who say it....I just say I love them back, they are as serious as I am. Love fetish is so hot, especially between strangers.

You don't believe them do you? ... in that case say something awkward and weird.

Same thing I say to models who say it....I just say I love them back, they are as serious as I am. Love fetish is so hot, especially between strangers.

You don't believe them do you? ... in that case say something awkward and weird.

Yeah, I'm actually cool with it, until it gets desperate or a thing they bring up in free chat a lot. Also, if it becomes a "prove how much you love me, are you sure you love me?" thing, it's not on.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
I get this from a couple regulars, at first it really bothered me, but I've been chatting to some of them for months and they still say it, nothing weird or creepy has happened with them. I just say that's so sweet, thank you!

If all they do that's weird or creepy is say "I love you" then I think you're fine, if there's other things they do though that you feel is a little off then it's definitely a red flag and time to consider if you still want this member in your room.

Status
Not open for further replies.