AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How has camming changed your views?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

englishmuffins

Cam Model
Mar 5, 2020
Having taken the step into this world now, it feels exhilarating, and I have never felt more confident in my entire life, but also extremely humbled. I had a C2C show the other night with a gentleman who had a mental disability and physical deformity, neither of which bothered me. We had fun during the show and afterward, he explained to me that in the "real world" no girl would ever give him a chance and because of his challenges he still remains a virgin and thanked me for treating him as a "normal" person.

I had to stop camming after the show and regather my thoughts about what he had just said about being treated like a "normal" person. It humbled me on various levels.

I used to be a bartender for several years and thought I saw it all, but ever since I stepped into this industry, I have been exposed to far more and it has been the most exhilarating and humbling experience of my life.

So I am curious, have other models had experiences like this? Has camming changed any of your views, be it life, spiritual, emotional, political, etc.

For me, I'm one of those "loony lefties" when it comes to politics. That's my day job, and all my life I've had guys trolling me in real life and online about political things. I was very prepared going into camming for me to utalise my ban hammer, however I've not found that to be the case. I'm very open about my politics, and even though not everyone agrees with what I say, I've not had anyone be rude to me about it, and the poeple I've had verbal disagreements have said things such as "ok no problem, I won't bring it up again" and have gone on to continue enjoying the show. Hell, I've even had some amazing conversations about the intersectionalities of disability, sexwork, poverty, and all that stuff, with people that I'm sure would act differently in real life.

It really has been the case that being unapologetically myself has attracted people that respect that, and are willing to listen and be respectful.

For me, I'm one of those "loony lefties" when it comes to politics. That's my day job, and all my life I've had guys trolling me in real life and online about political things. I was very prepared going into camming for me to utalise my ban hammer, however I've not found that to be the case. I'm very open about my politics, and even though not everyone agrees with what I say, I've not had anyone be rude to me about it, and the poeple I've had verbal disagreements have said things such as "ok no problem, I won't bring it up again" and have gone on to continue enjoying the show. Hell, I've even had some amazing conversations about the intersectionalities of disability, sexwork, poverty, and all that stuff, with people that I'm sure would act differently in real life.

It really has been the case that being unapologetically myself has attracted people that respect that, and are willing to listen and be respectful.

It's unfortunate that so many people don't/won't listen to opposing views. This goes for anything, not just left/righ political things. We're supposed to be this great, tolerant society. Yet, so many are intolerant and if you don't agree with them they verbally attack you, shame you, etc. I'm all for having discussions with people. But, let's keep it civil and respect others viewpoints.

I'm one of those who believes that the best way to learn why you feel or think a certain way you do is to be open minded and learn more about something. It helps you to understand the subject better, and you can make a much more informed decision on if you want to continue your same viewpoints, or if they change a little and become a bit more understanding.

Handling a room with a level head and ease despite conflicting views! That Is amazing.

IRL I am a very private person, however ever since camming, I have opened up more and let my personal interests of science, philosophy, and history control my shows. I love the people it attracts and the conversations I can have with my room about it. The dialogue across politics is always interesting to me. I am grateful to have a room where everyone's opinion is respected and tolerated. I rarely ban anyone unless what they have said is obscene or offensive. That said, it's liberating in a way to be able to cam and let my true self and interests shine through.

I've been in the foot fetish community a decade. Camming not nearly as long, but it's taught me that fetish shaming really can destroy people; being open minded about it helps people feel respected and accepted.

Due to the emotional nature of the job I've become far more spiritual. I meditate more than I ever would with a 9-5. Camming has brought me far closer to the Universe and has helped me evolve as a human being.

(I thought of making this post a while just didn't know how to initiate it)

My first experience with a sex worker ended in her having a run in with the authorities because she wanted to drive me from town by eliminating my service dog. 2013. Completely became asexual because of that and locals demanding i put out.

I was very anti cam girl, anti sex. The majority of models turned to sex work so I see a lot of their ends on it. Many ARE toxic in the community ie "I am better than normal girls because men HAVE to pay me. You give your shit out for free because you're worthless and no one wants you" (A status I saw someone write) and just... not good mindsets.
This is a status I wrote Feb. 3. 2014
"Stop Slut Shaming"
No! Having sex with tons of people isn't right! It just isn't! Men or women! There are diseases and pregnancies! You become less human spilling your essence into other people! You become unhealthy, you become weak and sad inside and it isn't just a "fun great activity!" This world is turning into instant gratification "do for me and what can I get" you are losing humanity! Kindness! MORALS! Love is becoming construed! It is just wrong! The world is in increasing decadence and it is saddening"

(It has 176 comments, i can link it if you wish.)

You talk about the biggest slut shaming cunt, it's me. To a point someone pointed it out, i said "people can't see me THAT BAD" and I posted the Easy A quote as a joke and people are like "ugh Spike not AGAIN" (The quote "Jesus tells us to love everyone, even the whores and the homosexuals. But it's so hard, it's so hard because they keep doing it, over and over again " )

I felt a woman is disrespecting herself doing this, she is not a good person if she does do it, and is most likely super shitty of a person, to be blunt. You know the mindset I am sure.

I always end up in bad situations because I tolerate what's thrown at me. I became VERY isolated. Like.. jail but with brisk walks outside around nature and in jail there are people about to talk to for socialization. I still do not go out much. Before that I was not anti sex. I do not think I thought much on the subject. After why that girl did to me and local males demanding i put out, I think I became very condeluded against it. I still have a hard time comprehending a lot like how one night stands are fun and why people emphasize sex before even wanting to settle down with someone from a male perspective. I still see sex as the avarice of the world placed above money money. But. In 2016 I started saving for a dog. A dog helps calm me down and eliminates some hardcore symptoms of anxiety. I feel ashamed for this and I am pretty open with that. I feel disgusting with myself. But my views did change. I can comprehend HOW it cam be empowering to some women. I can understand women separate their morality with sex work. aka it is more of a persona than themselves. I assumed many did meet ups and were what they portrayed online and realized they arent. I realized women see a market of men being assholes and someone , somewhere decided to capitalize on it. I realized nudity =/= morality and it can be self expression.

So how have my views changed to summarize?
I have become more open to the idea of sexuality being separated from morals. The idea that it is empowering for some people. I have understood many people in the sex work industry are wonderful people, i just have been around mostly shitty people who happened to be sex workers. I have learned it has a wide variety of people in it and isn't just a small standard of similar hedonistic people as i assumed. I have learned to basically accept people for who they are and not judge them. I have learned sometimes the best way to learn about someone/something is to do it/join it. I have learned more than I can sit here and think to express.

Reactions: englishmuffins
I've been in the foot fetish community a decade. Camming not nearly as long, but it's taught me that fetish shaming really can destroy people; being open minded about it helps people feel respected and accepted.

Due to the emotional nature of the job I've become far more spiritual. I meditate more than I ever would with a 9-5. Camming has brought me far closer to the Universe and has helped me evolve as a human being.
I just had a conversation with a good friend of mine about fetish shaming tonight. He agreed that individuals have different kinds and fetishes, however some fetishes or kinks can cross the line of humanity (like bestiality, feces, near death bleeding, or against consent abuse.) I consider myself to be very open minded and accepting of many fetishes, though I do run into individuals who cross my comfort line of kinks and fetishes. It's rare but it's there, in those instances, I'll just ban the person, I don't like to shame anyone. Unless I'm in my dominatrix mode!

Since going full time with camming, it's made me realize how valuable and important it is to give myself time to decompress. Hot yoga has been very physically and mentally centering for me.

Reactions: Lady_Sha
(I thought of making this post a while just didn't know how to initiate it)

My first experience with a sex worker ended in her having a run in with the authorities because she wanted to drive me from town by eliminating my service dog. 2013. Completely became asexual because of that and locals demanding i put out.

I was very anti cam girl, anti sex. The majority of models turned to sex work so I see a lot of their ends on it. Many ARE toxic in the community ie "I am better than normal girls because men HAVE to pay me. You give your shit out for free because you're worthless and no one wants you" (A status I saw someone write) and just... not good mindsets.
This is a status I wrote Feb. 3. 2014
"Stop Slut Shaming"
No! Having sex with tons of people isn't right! It just isn't! Men or women! There are diseases and pregnancies! You become less human spilling your essence into other people! You become unhealthy, you become weak and sad inside and it isn't just a "fun great activity!" This world is turning into instant gratification "do for me and what can I get" you are losing humanity! Kindness! MORALS! Love is becoming construed! It is just wrong! The world is in increasing decadence and it is saddening"

(It has 176 comments, i can link it if you wish.)

You talk about the biggest slut shaming cunt, it's me. To a point someone pointed it out, i said "people can't see me THAT BAD" and I posted the Easy A quote as a joke and people are like "ugh Spike not AGAIN" (The quote "Jesus tells us to love everyone, even the whores and the homosexuals. But it's so hard, it's so hard because they keep doing it, over and over again " )

I felt a woman is disrespecting herself doing this, she is not a good person if she does do it, and is most likely super shitty of a person, to be blunt. You know the mindset I am sure.

I always end up in bad situations because I tolerate what's thrown at me. I became VERY isolated. Like.. jail but with brisk walks outside around nature and in jail there are people about to talk to for socialization. I still do not go out much. Before that I was not anti sex. I do not think I thought much on the subject. After why that girl did to me and local males demanding i put out, I think I became very condeluded against it. I still have a hard time comprehending a lot like how one night stands are fun and why people emphasize sex before even wanting to settle down with someone from a male perspective. I still see sex as the avarice of the world placed above money money. But. In 2016 I started saving for a dog. A dog helps calm me down and eliminates some hardcore symptoms of anxiety. I feel ashamed for this and I am pretty open with that. I feel disgusting with myself. But my views did change. I can comprehend HOW it cam be empowering to some women. I can understand women separate their morality with sex work. aka it is more of a persona than themselves. I assumed many did meet ups and were what they portrayed online and realized they arent. I realized women see a market of men being assholes and someone , somewhere decided to capitalize on it. I realized nudity =/= morality and it can be self expression.

So how have my views changed to summarize?
I have become more open to the idea of sexuality being separated from morals. The idea that it is empowering for some people. I have understood many people in the sex work industry are wonderful people, i just have been around mostly shitty people who happened to be sex workers. I have learned it has a wide variety of people in it and isn't just a small standard of similar hedonistic people as i assumed. I have learned to basically accept people for who they are and not judge them. I have learned sometimes the best way to learn about someone/something is to do it/join it. I have learned more than I can sit here and think to express.
I'm so sorry to hear about someone trying to eliminate your dog... That's awful!

I have a service dog from some previous health issues I had a few years ago that now affect my daily life. While I appear normal and healthy, my dog helps me beyond just physical assistance, he helps me remain level headed, motivated, reduces my anxiety, and he brings me the greatest joy even when I fall into depression. There is no shame in that but I can fully understand the feeling of it, and if ever you need to talk about that, let me know.

While I got into camming for several reasons, one of them was because in the real world, my previous boyfriends shamed me for wanting to be more adventurous than they were, they made me feel like a whore, or a slut, or would objectify me because of how sexually open-minded I was. I wanted to be in a place where I could be unapologetically myself in both personally, sexually and intellectually.

My last relationship was over 7 years ago. I've dated here and there throughout but was still shamed for being "too adventurous" or out of their comfort level intellectually, so I've remained single and have stayed away from sex for quite sometime now (over a year without sex currently), but over those years I have discovered what turns me on the most is intellect. So identify as a saiposexual.

Since I started camming, I have often wonder if I can protect myself from the toxicities that the industry can impose upon or produce.

I would say that stepping into this world has completely changed my opinion on it years ago I considered it dirty and wrong but it has made me feel like I have complete control over my own body and my confidence has skyrocketed because ppl keep coming back to see me, it has given me a new found respect and understanding for ppl in our business. I’ve also found that many of the men I do private’s for are very lonely and a lot of the time they book more time than needed so we can chat which I don’t mind at all, some nights I finish feeling like I’ve helped to make them feel a bit better I don’t understand how they feel this way because they are paying me but if it brightens their day then who am I to question that x

I just had a conversation with a good friend of mine about fetish shaming tonight. He agreed that individuals have different kinds and fetishes, however some fetishes or kinks can cross the line of humanity (like bestiality, feces, near death bleeding, or against consent abuse.) I consider myself to be very open minded and accepting of many fetishes, though I do run into individuals who cross my comfort line of kinks and fetishes. It's rare but it's there, in those instances, I'll just ban the person, I don't like to shame anyone. Unless I'm in my dominatrix mode!

Since going full time with camming, it's made me realize how valuable and important it is to give myself time to decompress. Hot yoga has been very physically and mentally centering for me.

I concur.

Camming has definitely changed my view on sexuality. I used to be really shy and thought being sexual was cringy. I started posting nudes on fetlife to get over some of my anxieties and then tried out camming. Overall I now feel more confident and I'm proud to be a sex worker. I feel that this has taught me to be unapologetic with my sexuality.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.