AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

how many days did it take you to earn regular steady tokens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no consistency in camming, ever. I've had days where I've streamed for 5 hours and made $8 and I've had days where I've streamed for 30 minutes and made $600....... Don't expect consistency in this industry.
Yes and no. Longer I've been a model, the fewer lows I've had and more consistent income for the hours put in. My hourly average has only gone up. I know my average hourly take and usually base the performance of the show on that.

Starting out though can be a complete crapshoot OP. Build your base. Some find their base in a few months and others take years. I can say though that it's rare for me to have a seriously shitty income day when I'm actually putting effort in. But I've been camming for several years now. Took me a solid year to have some idea what to expect in income.

Hmm try setting bi weekly goals for your self. Start small what are you making bi weekly now? Try using that as a goal and keep trying your best to hit it. Once you get the hang of it increase your goal slightly and gradually. Some days I make $3000 and some days I struggle to make $100 it’s never consistent and there are a lot of factors that will affect your income such as your mood, technical issues, time of day, new people in your room. However you have to understand that tokens are not the most important thing to think about when camming, it’s the people on the other side of the screen. Think about what you can do what would be fun for them.

Well I'd say it's predictably unpredictable when you're starting out, but just because you can't see the pattern yet. I finished one year of full time camming and am in my 2nd year now. My tokens still vary between days and weeks. I made $800 in 20 minutes one night and the next I made $10 in 4 hours. Story of my cam life. In the end, it's all a wash and my monthly income is relatively stable. It has been since I started, too. At least on the camming site alone. My income there hasn't really varied all that much since I started.

It takes time. And it also depends on your expectations. I'm seeing a lot of these "I joined only fans and made xK USD in one month!!!" posts, and they kinda piss me off because they set a bad precedent for the industry, giving people the impression that (online) sex work is easy money.

Bottom line is it's a business. Look at any restaurant, shop, whatever, in their first year. More often than not, they won't see any actual money come in until they got fully on their feet, which sometimes takes years.

So any advice I can give is treat your camming gig like a business (i guess, don't mean to tout myself as an expert here)
Don't expect much at first and give it time to grow. Focus on the variables you can actually control. Consistency, time put in, show ideas, stream quality/tech stuff.

Also consider that you need to put money back into it to make more money

Anyway, I'm only six months in and am *cautiously* starting to feel comfortable with how it's going. But the volatility still freaks me out. A lot of camming is getting through the lows and enjoying the highs, imo

Also consider that you need to put money back into it to make more money
This is funnily enough something some people fail to realize when they start a business. Startup and running costs will eat into your revenue, and finding the right balance between earning and spending is (or should be) a daily chore. I've seen a few small customers go bust because they seemed to think that revenue equals profit. It sounds totally obvious to most people that it isn't so, but there you go ...

Yeah honestly I’ve had really good days after a year or so inconsistent camming. But when I’m truly consistent, I make the most money. As others have said, I can make $800 in a day, and then $40 the next. There are still huge ups and downs, but the more your stick to your schedule, and invest back into your shows, the more you can expect to earn. I’ve still never had a $3000 day as someone said though. Lmao that’s insane

Hi! :)

I have been camming since April of this year,
and it still is up and down for me.
Which is normal in any business venture as you can see
from what people say above.

My best advice is to stream as often as you can
around as consistent a schedule as possible.

Save money, (SO important when it's slow!)
and create a way to make passive income
(photo/video sales, fan club, things like that.)

Keep changing things up, even if it's just the angle
or decor. Viewers notice and it gives you something to talk about.

Project confidence on screen and stick to your rates.
Focus on adding value, not reducing price - as there
will always be a viewer wanting more for less.

It's ok to say "no I'm not doing that for a token"
when people tip a token and make demands.

Passive income makes it a lot easier to
make money when you're not online.
You could be anywhere and somebody
subscribes to your fan club or gets a photo = profit.

It's really important to know statistically what works.

What times of day /type of shows are more profitable?
When are people following /viewing /tipping most?
Statistics sites are really helpful for this.

Look at your target audience - what do your top tippers have in common?
When I did this, I noticed a lot. But it looks different for everybody because we are all different.

Are viewers requesting a niche item?
It may be worth it to bring it out.

I was often asked "do you have heels"
so I brought out my ultra high "exotic dancer" heels-
people loved it and it gets tips! Things like that.
Be authentic and show what you are passionate about.

If the audience is saying a lot of the same 'feedback' type
things in a non-rude way, it may be worth it to take a look.

I was constantly getting comments about the webcam quality
so I upgraded. If you aren't sure if people can see/hear you it's ok to ask them.
There was a day my sound was off and I didn't realize it til I asked the audience!

I like to sit down and take time to follow all my tippers.
But also look at data. Who tips? What times are busiest? What do they tip for?
And what can I connect with each of them over?

Think in terms of TV production/cinematography.
Also lighting for video. Good lighting, but also lighting with a unique vibe will draw people in.

As models, it's important to create dynamic shows that will keep people watching.
Reality TV is really good at creating suspense and drama that keeps viewers hooked.
Learning about this and applying it to camming helped.
Research is so important and you have the right idea with this!

With camming, I noticed bringing some of that 'suspense ' helped.
Things like guessing games, prize wheels, and easily reachable goal shows help.
A long, slow undress with unexpected layers. The 'will they or won't they' factor gets views!

I'm still figuring this out too and would love to hear more responses. :)

You got this & all the good vibes!! :)

Best,
Ava
:h:

Last edited:
Hi! :)

I have been camming since April of this year,
and it still is up and down for me.
Which is normal in any business venture as you can see
from what people say above.

My best advice is to stream as often as you can
around as consistent a schedule as possible.

Save money, (SO important when it's slow!)
and create a way to make passive income
(photo/video sales, fan club, things like that.)

Keep changing things up, even if it's just the angle
or decor. Viewers notice and it gives you something to talk about.

Project confidence on screen and stick to your rates.
Focus on adding value, not reducing price - as there
will always be a viewer wanting more for less.

It's ok to say "no I'm not doing that for a token"
when people tip a token and make demands.

Passive income makes it a lot easier to
make money when you're not online.
You could be anywhere and somebody
subscribes to your fan club or gets a photo = profit.

It's really important to know statistically what works.

What times of day /type of shows are more profitable?
When are people following /viewing /tipping most?
Statistics sites are really helpful for this.

Look at your target audience - what do your top tippers have in common?
When I did this, I noticed a lot. But it looks different for everybody because we are all different.

Are viewers requesting a niche item?
It may be worth it to bring it out.

I was often asked "do you have heels"
so I brought out my ultra high "exotic dancer" heels-
people loved it and it gets tips! Things like that.
Be authentic and show what you are passionate about.

If the audience is saying a lot of the same 'feedback' type
things in a non-rude way, it may be worth it to take a look.

I was constantly getting comments about the webcam quality
so I upgraded. If you aren't sure if people can see/hear you it's ok to ask them.
There was a day my sound was off and I didn't realize it til I asked the audience!

I like to sit down and take time to follow all my tippers.
But also look at data. Who tips? What times are busiest? What do they tip for?
And what can I connect with each of them over?

Think in terms of TV production/cinematography.
Also lighting for video. Good lighting, but also lighting with a unique vibe will draw people in.

As models, it's important to create dynamic shows that will keep people watching.
Reality TV is really good at creating suspense and drama that keeps viewers hooked.
Learning about this and applying it to camming helped.
Research is so important and you have the right idea with this!

With camming, I noticed bringing some of that 'suspense ' helped.
Things like guessing games, prize wheels, and easily reachable goal shows help.
A long, slow undress with unexpected layers. The 'will they or won't they' factor gets views!

I'm still figuring this out too and would love to hear more responses. :)

You got this & all the good vibes!! :)

Best,
Ava
:h:
This is amazing advice thank you for taking your time to post this! I 100% agree with everything you say. I think of my show as tv show too. Not even men want to watch a girl masturbate for hours. Learn small talk and always keep your room talking instead of your self. Being a conversationalist is key to being successful. I’m not saying put your life story out there but talk about where people are from, the weather, what you or they are doing today, but always bring the conversation, playfully back to your show once in a while.
I’m no expert but I do ok, at one point I was making $1000 an hour for a month!!! was crazy and I made it look easy but trust it took a lot of focus and hard work to get to that point. I’ve been doing this for 4 years!!! I never intended to do this for that long, but it’s been good. Stressful sometimes, but so worth It.
Also I don’t mind other models putting out how much they make, it sets goals for myself. I know I’m not going to reach them overnight, but I get closer the more I stay consistent.
the most important thing when you are live is to focus on your show, not anyone else’s. It’s ok to watch other rooms once in a while to see what the vibe on the website is, but when you are live, stay focused. Have fun with it though and don’t take it to seriou
Also making it look easy is super hard. To stay restrained, confident, and positive even when things are challenging.
Kiss = keep it stupid simple.
My shows are never planned out and are never complicated, I go with the flow and with the vibe of the room, or try to be in my best mood.
Don’t be afraid to take a break, even if you have to step off for a few minutes.
Don’t even let anyone in your room make you feel bad for what your are doing. This is your show not theirs, especially if they are not paying you.
When I used to work in financial sales, a mentor me when I’m selling something there are 3 steps
1. Make them feel like they need it
2. Tell them how easy it is to get it
3. Tale the opportunity away example: “we can do this now or later”
4. Remind them they can have what they want now
so when you are having a bad day, think of your other job or last job and think about how much more money per hours you made camming. That will keep you going. Step back and be humble if I’m having a really bad day I remind myself that $100 a day is a lot to some people. But I still will change things up the next day to try and do better, I use obs to record my shows, and I watch myself and see how i did.

This is amazing advice thank you for taking your time to post this! I 100% agree with everything you say. I think of my show as tv show too. Not even men want to watch a girl masturbate for hours. Learn small talk and always keep your room talking instead of your self. Being a conversationalist is key to being successful. I’m not saying put your life story out there but talk about where people are from, the weather, what you or they are doing today, but always bring the conversation, playfully back to your show once in a while.
I’m no expert but I do ok, at one point I was making $1000 an hour for a month!!! was crazy and I made it look easy but trust it took a lot of focus and hard work to get to that point. I’ve been doing this for 4 years!!! I never intended to do this for that long, but it’s been good. Stressful sometimes, but so worth It.
Also I don’t mind other models putting out how much they make, it sets goals for myself. I know I’m not going to reach them overnight, but I get closer the more I stay consistent.
the most important thing when you are live is to focus on your show, not anyone else’s. It’s ok to watch other rooms once in a while to see what the vibe on the website is, but when you are live, stay focused. Have fun with it though and don’t take it to seriou
Also making it look easy is super hard. To stay restrained, confident, and positive even when things are challenging.
Kiss = keep it stupid simple.
My shows are never planned out and are never complicated, I go with the flow and with the vibe of the room, or try to be in my best mood.
Don’t be afraid to take a break, even if you have to step off for a few minutes.
Don’t even let anyone in your room make you feel bad for what your are doing. This is your show not theirs, especially if they are not paying you.
When I used to work in financial sales, a mentor me when I’m selling something there are 3 steps
1. Make them feel like they need it
2. Tell them how easy it is to get it
3. Tale the opportunity away example: “we can do this now or later”
4. Remind them they can have what they want now
so when you are having a bad day, think of your other job or last job and think about how much more money per hours you made camming. That will keep you going. Step back and be humble if I’m having a really bad day I remind myself that $100 a day is a lot to some people. But I still will change things up the next day to try and do better, I use obs to record my shows, and I watch myself and see how i did.
Also, don’t worry about what other models are making. I’ve noticed a lot of new models on CB and I don’t think they realize how many tokens there are to go around and how many people are actually on CB ready to pay. The best feeling in the world is when I had an amazing day on cam, and I check other rooms after I log off and see you that other models had a crazy amazing day too!! It’s such a great opportunity and chaturbate is the best cam site out there hands down. So my fans are different from yours, for the most part some guys like to go visit other girls but I don’t like to nag about it too much so I just try to make their experiences as good as i can in my room.

Also, don’t worry about what other models are making. I’ve noticed a lot of new models on CB and I don’t think they realize how many tokens there are to go around and how many people are actually on CB ready to pay.
This is so true! There's a viewer out there for every model, which is part of why I love that site/camming. :)

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I can't entirely agree with that. It really depends on your background. If you're a total newbie without following other platforms, then it can be hard. However, some examples go really high on the first day because they look fresh and innocent (as an example).

There is a chance to maintain that hype and become a full-time streamer with a decent income. Let's look at Bunny Marthy that is co-working with me, for example.
She started streaming on Chaturbate and had up to 3000 people on stream the first week. Until now, it didn't go down. Strategy and marketing are crucial.
Without that, growing anywhere and in any area is really random and sometimes even impossible.

When it comes to income, always remember that stream itself is only one pillar of the income you can get. There is a lot more to do to increase that!

Reactions: AussieCosplay
My earnings still aren't stable or close to where I want them to be on CB after 5 months. I've got 1.2k followers on twitter now (follow me if you like). I've opened up free/ptv OF and sub OF accounts... now I just need to re-film some content because half it probably isn't up to scratch quality wise.

I'm new and I go for 0 tokens to 1000. But I'm chill because my country has a low cost of living and the dollar it's always skyrocketing. If I lived in the US I would be homeless. I earn less than an American new model even though I speak English and look Caucasian, simply just because I don't know well American people, which tend to be the audience with the most $.

• Hugs
Reactions: mike_aussie
I'm new and I go for 0 tokens to 1000. But I'm chill because my country has a low cost of living and the dollar it's always skyrocketing. If I lived in the US I would be homeless. I earn less than an American new model even though I speak English and look Caucasian, simply just because I don't know well American people, which tend to be the audience with the most $.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that the situation changes for you ASAP.

About the last sentence. I assume that you're from Europe. I am, too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are, I recommend you to learn that weird thing called "small talk".
"Small talk" is non-existent in my country (I'm from Western Europe).

And I fucking hate this thing, it's not what I've been taught.
But you can learn and get used to it.

It helps to improve your communication with American people because a small talk is no big deal for most of them. If you don't communicate the way they're used to, they may decide to move on really quickly, especially considering that there are TONS of models.

Google it, find good simple examples, practice.

Any conversation with them starts right there. And you'll see eventually if a person you're talking to is worth your time or just another timewaster.
Good luck ❤️

I also highly recommend onlyfans! The platform is amazing and 1/2 of my income comes from there. I post photos, clips and videos.

Reactions: romanholiday
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that the situation changes for you ASAP.

About the last sentence. I assume that you're from Europe. I am, too. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are, I recommend you to learn that weird thing called "small talk".
"Small talk" is non-existent in my country (I'm from Western Europe).

And I fucking hate this thing, it's not what I've been taught.
But you can learn and get used to it.

It helps to improve your communication with American people because a small talk is no big deal for most of them. If you don't communicate the way they're used to, they may decide to move on really quickly, especially considering that there are TONS of models.

Google it, find good simple examples, practice.

Any conversation with them starts right there. And you'll see eventually if a person you're talking to is worth your time or just another timewaster.
Good luck ❤️
same to me. want to cry about my incomes and sometimes I think I never will reach some good results on US sites. but I hope such advice and all above will help me to improve that)

Status
Not open for further replies.