AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How many hours and months can it take to build a successful cam room on mfc?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2017
I recently started putting more hours into camming. I used to only be able to go on for 8-12 hours a week and my income was between 400-700 a month and my cam score was at 1100 on average but now I am 2 weeks into 4 to 5 hours a day and my cam score is 700. Its too early to tell if my income will increase. How long did it take you girls to build your room and how many hours do you put in a day? just would like to know how it has worked for other models.

Reactions: MarinaThyme
For me, I work on my social media outside of camming. Snapchat, twitter, instagram. Then I try to figure if it's worth getting online, or should I wait until my regular tippers are usually online. Just really depends, it's different for ever girl.
My camscore floats between 1050 - 1130 and i'm on about 10-12 hours a week.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarinaThyme
Hey Amanda! I started camming on MFC, switched to Streamate as I wasn’t seeing success, did well there, took a long break from webcamming altogether. Now as of three weeks ago, I’m back on Myfreecams.

I currently cam for 5-8 hours a day, 5 days a week and I have noticed a huge increase in income compared to how I tried camming on MFC before - usually 2-4 hours at a time that were more jam packed with action. I used to spend a lot of time getting ready in cute outfits, camera angles and preparing elaborate games and countdown ideas. Now I just turn the cam on and be me, and organise things as I go. I rarely do countdowns and I don’t show a lot in public chat. I make my money from groups, privates, and video sales. Sometimes 2-3 hours can pass with no tips. Instead of logging off, frustrated, I wait. I stay on. I know it’s not me, it’s just making sure I’m online when the right people can find me. It’s paid off.

I'm so gladl I found this thread and these replies. I've been so concerned about camscore if no one tipped me within an hour i would log off. Now I'm trying to stay on for the whole time of my shift and my income is up too :) my camscore has gone down but i hope that in time it will rise again ! I'm fairly new ( this is my 6th month ) and I have been watching other models as well and learning how to be in front of the cam picking up tips - this has helped draw people into my room. ♥️

I'm just a member... and I get that camscore is important... but I wonder just HOW important it really is... Assuming you're not a top 100 model at least. If you're not... you're not going to be high on the members screen anyway most likely.

If I'm looking for a new girl.. I search for tag... Maybe I search for "cosplay"... or "submissive" or whatever... it brings back a much smaller list of girls... maybe 20-30 usually. Not very difficult or time consuming to to through... take quick peeks... look at profiles and see who is interested. Sure the girls are in "camscore" order there... but at least to me that really isn't a factor as I'll run though all the girls on the search results.

To me I think good tags for searching... and a good profile with a clear tip menu are the critical things....

But maybe other guys do things different..

Since you have recently added more hours to your schedule and cam score is essentially a tokens per hour algorithm just give it a bit of time to even out. Your normal regulars may not be able to keep your hourly average up since you have increased them so you may notice a drop in cam score initially but give it time and im sure you will gain a few more consistent tippers to help even things out. Also, cam score is not he end all be all.... there are plenty of girls who have a lower cam score that earn more money than there higher cam score counter parts.

I try to do minimum 20-25 hours a week. I used to only do around 15, and my camscore was higher, but now that Im pulling more hours Im making more tokens. Camscore will eventually start to even out, but dont let it freak you out!! I just try to tell myself "stay the fuck on", and some of those dragging hours were followed by super awesome ones

In the theme of the advice mentioned here, I’d like to say there was at least 5 times in the 8 hours I spent on cam today that I desperately wanted to log off because it was painfully slow token-wise. I also ate candy for breakfast and got the sugar grumpies so positive mood wasn’t on my side.

How I stayed online through those moments :
- I set timers using google timer feature to just get me through the next little chunk of time. I told myself - I commit to staying on for the next ten minutes. Set a timer for ten minutes. After that, set a new timer for a new amount of time. When you’re super ready to give up, ten more minutes feels achievable, when the rest of your whole shift online doesn’t. Each time goal got me to the next time goal.

-banned anyone that was being disrespectful or negatively affecting my vibe: their comments may have pushed me to go offline had I not done this. My ability to cam = more important than their feelings, as it is my job even if it’s a super fun job, I have to do what I need to do to ensure I am there.

- Did something for me. Turned on fun music and danced, made nachos, whatever pleased me.

By the time I had logged off, I had made a very satisfying amount of tokens that I was proud of. Perseverance

I recently started putting more hours into camming. I used to only be able to go on for 8-12 hours a week and my income was between 400-700 a month and my cam score was at 1100 on average but now I am 2 weeks into 4 to 5 hours a day and my cam score is 700. Its too early to tell if my income will increase. How long did it take you girls to build your room and how many hours do you put in a day? just would like to know how it has worked for other models.

When I started on MFC I would log out after an hour of not making any tokens! Recently I have been commited to doing longer hours too, and I just force myself to stay online - whether I make any tokens during an hour or not. Although the longer hours do typically lower your camscore, I've found they help you gain more regulars, which in the long run should hopefully lead to a higher camscore.

I was earning less when I put less hours in. My camscore went as low as 550 at one point, and I managed to raise it back up to 1000 by being more consistent, and camming every night. This December I commited to broadcasting for 12 hours a night, 5 nights a week, and after 2 weeks of this can say I'm officially burnt out!!!! Do not follow in my naive footsteps :giggle:. It has been the first month I've been ranked in the top 1000 since starting MFC back im July, but totally not worth the negative health affects. @MojitosJourney 5-8 hour schedule 5 days a week sounds a lot more healthy, and I think sticking to a regular schedule like this for at least a month would help attract more regulars to your room. Going to try it myself.

Stick at 4-5 hours a day, and it will definitely start to pay off. Think for us newer models, being consistent and online regularly, is the best way to attract viewers and increase income. Your hard work will pay off hang in there :h:

I've noticed that the amount of hours you put in at the beginning of the month can change your success throughout the month. Due to the reset of camscore, everyone has a fair trade of ranking success.

I've noticed that the amount of hours you put in at the beginning of the month can change your success throughout the month. Due to the reset of camscore, everyone has a fair trade of ranking success.
Camscore doesn't reset each month, just rank. Just wanted to clear that up for any newcomers. :)

But you're right. Getting a good start on a month really can boost you into a better overall month so long as you don't burn out right away and can't cam much more the remainder of it.

Camscore doesn't reset each month, just rank. Just wanted to clear that up for any newcomers. :)

But you're right. Getting a good start on a month really can boost you into a better overall month so long as you don't burn out right away and can't cam much more the remainder of it.
Noted! Thanks. Just stay optimistic and keep a smile on. No one can really build a successful cam room by just desperately crying.
The more you're on cam, the more viewers you get and that builds up reputation. It all depends on how "CEO" you can be with your cam empire.

Sometimes, as hard as you try, the site just may not be right for you. I really wanted to succeed on MFC and I tried my best but for whatever reason, I just couldn't seem to sustain a good run of days. I would make nothing and then the next day make $800, then $2 and then $400 and then 5 days straight of almost nothing--it was maddening and drove me psychotic. Succeeding on MFC is an incredible feat, a miracle really at least from my point of view. I am in serious awe of all the top girls. I'm much happier and earning money consistently now on Streamate where the hustle is more of a stripper-like approach where you try to get the guys into the champagne room, (private)--I'm just better at that kind of hustle.

I'm wondering along the same lines, does it mater what time you cam? If you do 4-5 hours a day should you always try to do them at the same time?

I would say try to stick to the same time if you can! That's what I'm going to start doing. You could always try out other random times throughout the day too, but definitely have a set time everyday that your regulars can expect to see you online.

Sometimes, as hard as you try, the site just may not be right for you. I really wanted to succeed on MFC and I tried my best but for whatever reason, I just couldn't seem to sustain a good run of days. I would make nothing and then the next day make $800, then $2 and then $400 and then 5 days straight of almost nothing--it was maddening and drove me psychotic. Succeeding on MFC is an incredible feat, a miracle really at least from my point of view. I am in serious awe of all the top girls. I'm much happier and earning money consistently now on Streamate where the hustle is more of a stripper-like approach where you try to get the guys into the champagne room, (private)--I'm just better at that kind of hustle.

I think this is a really important point. Income on MFC is highly slanted to the girls with top camscores and top rank. While the average camscore is 1000 the median camscore is in the 600-650 range. Meaning 1/2 the girls earn less than $14/hour and it is highly variable. So having 5 bad days in row is not uncommon, this in turn effects yourself self-confidence and makes it harder to get on cam. Add to this the large number of hours you have to spend off line, making content, planning shows, answering email, doing social media etc it hard to put more than 25 hours a week much less 40. Earning a good living on MFC is not possible for most girls

The last statistic I saw from mycamgirl.net showed that roughly 3/4 of models quit within 3 months of joining. For the most part, they aren't quitters, losers, lazy or anything negative, they are simply responding rationally to a brutally competitive environment.
TL; DR MFC isn't for most girls.

Oh gosh...

I put in A LOT of time right now. I'm on 6-7 days a week, 10-16 hours a day. It's my full time job so its important that I at least make enough to pay rent and my car. I'm in my first month so working on getting my regulars is super important, especially because I don't do public cumshows. Its good, I'm finding out my identity as a model in all the hours I put in. It is discouraging when I'm sitting there doing nothing, gaining nothing. BUT! Last night I was super determined to stay on because I changed my hours to go until 2:30 AM. It totally paid off for me! I know the camscore goes down, but I don't pay too much attention to it because it'll just cause worry lines, ha.

Sometimes I just need a break since I'm on a whole ton. So when its slow, I'll log out for an hour, have some lunch. Watch some TV. If I'm online and there's nothin to do, I'll do my homework (yay college) or read a book until someone comes in and starts making conversation. Snapchat my other regulars to make conversation :).

Personal preferences and just building it up. I'll decrease my hours when I have my for sure regulars and a little more well known in the camming community.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheLunaPhoenix
i've been barely camming lately, maybe like 3 days of the week at 2-3 hours each session. doing that my paychecks every two weeks are around 200-500 and my camscore is 2800.

during one two week period i cammed almost every day for several hours. my score was 4000 and my paycheck for two weeks was like 1200. so putting in hours helped for me. i tried to ignore my cam score and just focus on making more money. since i figured it would drop if i stayed without tippers, but it was the opposite. i felt a little burnt out doing that though. i don't have any content for sale but i think that helps a ton if you're willing.

and the time you log on doesn't matter as long as you're consistent. if you always get on at the same time you'll start to gain regulars. i have a window of time during the day, and a window at night that i try to log on. each one has a different set of regs who are always around at that time.

do you even care about the score that much though? if you're only concerned about making more money i'd just stay on as long as possible and try to hide/ignore the number.

There is no set amount of time or hours it takes to build a good income. Some of it is luck, that luck could be that you happen to have/create a cam persona that works instantly, or it could be having a great regular or two who find you and tip a lot. Most people find this over time, so don't feel bad if you have not "made it" instantly. I remember when I first came to MFC seeing that girls like GinnyPotter had started a few months before me and basically instantly got int the top 20. This does happen for some, but as far as I can tell most girls build it up over time. I then made the mistake of believing that my income would increase through time put in. While this is true to a point, my income did increase as I became a better camgirl, there is no recipe to success. Just work hard, don't compare yourself to anyone in the top 20 or top 100 as it's a great way to feel bad about what you are achieving, when really you should feel proud, and find a way of camming which works for you as well as bringing viewers in.

It’s been 6 months and I put in roughly 3-6 hours a day and my camscore is between 600-800 most of the time but I think if I keep it up I might be able to average a score of 1000 by this time next year. But I think it takes most people less time than this. I’m just generally awkward

I would stay on longer but it gets boring to talk to myself or a room with a few people that I know will never tip me

Yes, like a lot of models are saying here, I would also say the #1 thing to do is put more hours in - OR aka (in a sense) NEVER give up.

This is what i did. Summer of 2017 was when i first started caming and i was such an innocent newbie! But i was lucky to have started on chaturbate where camscore didn't matter. What i didn't know was that if i wanted to see a stable set income i needed to put more than 3 hours a day in. Sometimes after 2 hours of nothing id just give up. But this is a no no. Being a cam girl really takes Perseverance, hardwork and determination.. Once i started putting 4-5 hours in i saw i was getting on average, an average amount of tokens a day. I set myself a minimun #tks (a number a lil lower than that average) that i would plan 2 reach each day.. and that has become my goal every day. Very rarely will i consider leaving cam til i hit that goal and its paid off. Sometimes i go offline and come back online at a diff time just to reach that goal. SO if you're new, my advice is : dont worry about camscore. Or if that's gonna bother you then think about first getting familiar with ur camming skills & how much u can make- on A Different site!!( that doesnt have cam score.) Camscore is suppose to be a ranking, an honest way of knowing how successful a model is. Obv most new cammers aren't going to be the most successful. Canscore will drop but you will eventually find ur footing. For me, on chaturbate that took about 2-3 months for me to see my average a day. Now ive moved on to camming on MFC. Its been about 2 months of me doing about 15-20 hrs/ wk on MfC and my camscore went from 1100 - 800 to now 3500 but i know ecentually it will even out somewhere in the 2000s.

Some days are just going to be slow but just hang in there. once you have a few loyal tipppers it becomes a little easier. So interacting & making new friends on cam always helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.