AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to be a good moderator?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am new here and this is just my experience and opinion based on (previously and for many years) being a mod on gaming servers and working around another industry that is all about the sell and a little bit of hope or escape (at least in the clients eyes).
As a mod, your job is to help when help is needed (especially if she has multiple streams going) and hopefully turn those greys into people spending tokens on her (Remember, most of us were once greys too).
The worst thing a mod can do is turn people away from her site or ruin the fantasy.
A power trip accomplishes nothing (and yes, when I started doing it on gaming servers it was a power trip and I fucked up a lot).
I.m.h.o. the best thing you can do as a mod is politely try to help that grey understand the rules like "Hi LongDickSchlong, the tip menu and rules of the room are down below. If you have any questions feel free to message me." maybe even a smiley face emoji if you feel it works, or not.
If they continue to "not get it" a warning (some of the time) is needed. "Hi LongDickSchlong, we want you to have a good time here, but we all have to follow the rules"
Y.m.m.v but, this might be the time for the ban.
Also if the model asks or it is agreed upon beforehand, always make her look good...I have been asked to handle the trolls so it doesn't reflect on her, and know what her policies are.
If it's busy don't chat her up, let her work. If she asks and it's slow and she needs some motivation or to help those slow time... well, that can be part of it too. I use really bad jokes (in p.m.) that are so bad she smiles or laughs. I know as a tipper and guest I would rather spend time with an animated model than with one who looks bored.
Don't spam "Hey guys why aren't you tipping!??!?" or "Hey guys, doesn't she look great!" of course she does, let them concentrate on her and enjoy the fantasy.
and tip, I have experienced rooms where a guy just wants to be the king and sometimes a little (minor) dick swinging can keep those other tips coming in from "that guy"....and sometimes it doesn't.
Don't expect anything in return for this.
Working in another business where models would bring their portfolio (book) to potential clients we always told the girls even if they had boyfriends, sometimes those clients have fantasies and it might just make the difference between her getting the job over the other girl who has one and sometimes even brings him along.
Once again, just my opinion, but some of the points have been brought up above in others replies.
Have fun, and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.