AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to broadcast videogame while streaming on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stream games, often Steam games, at least once a month and I use ManyCam! It's super easy, I just use the picture in picture option and select Steam or a custom desktop to show the gameplay!

KayleePond said:
I stream games, often Steam games, at least once a month and I use ManyCam! It's super easy, I just use the picture in picture option and select Steam or a custom desktop to show the gameplay!

This. I've done this WoW.

Would someone mind walking me through this? My newb stance is strong.
JustJessie said:
KayleePond said:

SadieX3 said:
JustJessie said:
KayleePond said:

What stage are you at with this and what are you having trouble with?

KayleePond said:
SadieX3 said:
JustJessie said:
KayleePond said:

What stage are you at with this and what are you having trouble with?

Well I have many cams open. And was able to make the webcam work. I am confused.

Reactions: SexySteph
Oh, dudes, I can actually help with this!!
If you're using the latest version of ManyCam (which you should be because it's freakin' sweet!), this should help you out with PIP.

8UWblMQ.png

NUTQlWd.png

E8hcLA6.png

PsoiDhT.png

SRSghJE.png

As you can see there are multiple PIP options~! Try playing around with them and see which one you like. I chose the "standard" PIP you usually see on streams.

All you have to do to select a source is right click! :) Try playing around with different options, like media files (GIFS and Pictures and movies all work!!), a Youtube video (it's so much fun to play around with), or even a mobile device!

The final image shows a desktop capture in the main picture and the cam in the PIP box... you can get this the same way as before: by right clicking and selecting the correct source (desktop for the main pic and your cam feed for the PIP).

There is also a "Game capture mode" in the latest v of MC BUT I haven't found one game I can get to work with it. So I usually just stick with desktop capture instead.

OH and make sure your game is in windowed mode NOT fullscreen, otherwise it won't capture... since it's capturing the desktop only, not actually the game itself.

Hope this helped a little!

xoxo

Thank you so much for your detailed response! :-D :-D :dance: I meant to post a few days ago saying I figured it out. I ended up windowing my game (Guacamelee! :DDDD) and selecting "custom area". I hope this thread helps out some peeps!
candymatic said:
If you're using the latest version of ManyCam (which you should be because it's freakin' sweet!), this should help you out with PIP.

8UWblMQ.png

NUTQlWd.png

E8hcLA6.png

PsoiDhT.png

SRSghJE.png

As you can see there are multiple PIP options~! Try playing around with them and see which one you like. I chose the "standard" PIP you usually see on streams.

All you have to do to select a source is right click! :) Try playing around with different options, like media files (GIFS and Pictures and movies all work!!), a Youtube video (it's so much fun to play around with), or even a mobile device!

The final image shows a desktop capture in the main picture and the cam in the PIP box... you can get this the same way as before: by right clicking and selecting the correct source (desktop for the main pic and your cam feed for the PIP).

There is also a "Game capture mode" in the latest v of MC BUT I haven't found one game I can get to work with it. So I usually just stick with desktop capture instead.

OH and make sure your game is in windowed mode NOT fullscreen, otherwise it won't capture... since it's capturing the desktop only, not actually the game itself.

xoxo

Reactions: candymatic
candymatic said:

8UWblMQ.png

NUTQlWd.png

E8hcLA6.png

PsoiDhT.png

SRSghJE.png

xoxo

Omg, do you have the images to this post still?
I bookmarked this for future purposes and now the hotlinks are gone D;

Dummy candy deleted her imgur account, forgetting that these very important images lived there! :p Sorry about that!!

xoxo

Attachments

• PIP ManyCam.png
    PIP ManyCam.png
    486.2 KB · Views: 246
  • PIP ManyCam1.png
    PIP ManyCam1.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 234
  • PIP ManyCam2.png
    PIP ManyCam2.png
    299 KB · Views: 234
  • PIP ManyCam3.png
    PIP ManyCam3.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 237
  • PIP ManyCam4.png
    PIP ManyCam4.png
    228 KB · Views: 239
candymatic said:
Dummy candy deleted her imgur account, forgetting that these very important images lived there! :p Sorry about that!!

[IMAGES]

xoxo

Omg, thank you so much!

So, what do you find works best for you when camming??
Main picture as the game or main picture as your webcam?

I also still can't figure out this pixelation thing, but I wonder if it really isn't even a problem since I don't think anyone is going to completely fullscreen my cam when I'm camming? In public chat. using this for token-based sites only anyway

Just got Manycam and tried PIP and as soon as I select my game from the menu, Manycam crashes. Any idea what's causing this? Is it not dual-monitor friendly maybe? Or doesn't work well with certain screen resolutions?

goat-tit said:
Just got Manycam and tried PIP and as soon as I select my game from the menu, Manycam crashes. Any idea what's causing this? Is it not dual-monitor friendly maybe? Or doesn't work well with certain screen resolutions?

I've found that using the "Game" selection in ManyCam crashes the program almost every time. I think it's just a shit feature because I've never been able to get it to work, haha.

If it's crashing with game capture, best bet is to use desktop capture with your game on that primary monitor and all your other important stuff (incl ManyCam, your cam site/chat, etc.) on your other monitor. This has been the most effective method for me in streaming games on cam! :)

Oh! Also, probably don't try to stream or rec in anything higher than 720p on Many Cam. At least, I've found that the program crashes and slows at 1080p. I think MFC only streams up to 480p anyway (but don't quote me on that) so it's not a huge deal using a lower resolution.

GL!

Totally forgot I posted in here. Thanks for your help Candy! Only problem it seems to cause is that the game display is super darkened but its not too bad.

And to avoid making a new thread I figured I'd just ask here, would it be against MFCs rules if I broadcasted Twitch-style with the game screen as my main screen and my cam window down in the corner? Like so.

Would it deter people if they hovered over the preview and saw a game screen with the actual cam screen only taking up a portion of the screen, rather than the main focus being on myself?

I'd like to do gaming nights 1 or 2 nights a week. I'm not a fan of Twitch's community and would rather not operate on two different sites because I'd like to integrate tips into my gameplay, but if I have to spend those 1 or 2 nights on Twitch instead of MFC I will.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
SenaLuna said:
And to avoid making a new thread I figured I'd just ask here, would it be against MFCs rules if I broadcasted Twitch-style with the game screen as my main screen and my cam window down in the corner? Like so.

Would it deter people if they hovered over the preview and saw a game screen with the actual cam screen only taking up a portion of the screen, rather than the main focus being on myself?

I'd like to do gaming nights 1 or 2 nights a week. I'm not a fan of Twitch's community and would rather not operate on two different sites because I'd like to integrate tips into my gameplay, but if I have to spend those 1 or 2 nights on Twitch instead of MFC I will.

You'd be totally fine doing that. Seen many models do gaming like that over the years.
As for deterring people. I'd say probably not. You're regulars will know it's game time. I've never really notice it hurt other models room counts while they were playing.

I've been wanting to stream myself playing video games but never knew how to do it. I'm reading through this forum and you guys are very helpful !! I hope I can figure this out - if not i'll be back! :) thanks ladies !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.