AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to cam when you hurt yourself falling (and other injuries)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2016
Hi! I am a new cam girl who has managed to develop a pretty good following within just 2 weeks and since I work full time in my personal life, I understand that any time I have to cam is valuable time.
Well, I am supposed to broadcast my Wednesday show in about 2 hours and I was out walking just now, tripped, and landed really hard cutting and bruising both of my knees and my right hand. I still plan on going on cam, but I feel like going on with bandaged knees is really unattractive and I know that I will have very purple knees from this for a few weeks.
We are all human and hurt ourselves from time to time, so I am curious to know if any of you have had similar problems and how did you work with them?
What can I say to people when they ask about my bandages? Should I be honest, or maybe make a joke alluding that it was having rough sex or something? :D
I love doing my cam shows and I'm really annoyed because I'm worried that it will turn people off if I have bandaged or bruised knees (it was a really hard fall!).
Would love to hear some advice on this. Thank you.

Thank you for asking. It hurt like a mofo and my my knees are so messed up but I did my show anyways and no one cared. I didn't even bandage them. I told my audience about it and we made jokes and that was that (I joke a lot during my shows). No one asked. I still tried to get them out of shots when I could because they are bad looking and I had to be careful of kneeling.
Glad I have such a cool audience. :)

Reactions: Gen
You can wear your bandages under some nice thigh high socks! I don't know if where you live is warm atm, but they are a great investment for cam and for life in general. Then no one will see your banged up knees.

Two sites for socks:
http://www.sockdreams.com/products/...TtIdqTzaMLLiwn3ISSTydLgmrYg15KaycoaAqCJ8P8HAQ

http://store.americanapparel.net/women-s-thigh-highs-stockings_cat1540005

I can see why you would be worried about them from a visual standpoint but I think things like that endear you to your fan base and regulars. You might not want to show them off all the time but I am sure they understand.

I have a reoccurring low back/knee issue that sometimes acts up and I have to sit more often than I would like. I dance a lot on cam and like to move around so when the back acts up I just tell my room what's up and try to think of fun activities/shows where I am mostly sitting. I always notice a decrease in tokens during these 2-3 weeks my body is getting sorted, but being on cam through it is better than waiting it out to me. I just make sure not to aggravate it and then I am good to go in a few weeks.

Also, I bruised my butt badly spanking it one night... a very large, dark, gnarly bruise that lasted well into a month and a half. This happened the 2-3rd day I was on MFC ever. I favored my other cheek with flashes and stuff and gave playful warnings. It seemed most people were just worried if I was ok and then carried on having fun anyways.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Thank you for asking. It hurt like a mofo and my my knees are so messed up but I did my show anyways and no one cared. I didn't even bandage them. I told my audience about it and we made jokes and that was that (I joke a lot during my shows). No one asked. I still tried to get them out of shots when I could because they are bad looking and I had to be careful of kneeling.
Glad I have such a cool audience. :)
Yay! I'm glad you're okay, albeit hurt. I would say with bruises and scrapes it could totally be joked away for lots of audiences! Glad your audience were supportive of you!

You are just a human being. I think you did the right thing. Why lie? Sure, maybe not get the wounds on close up (and high socks ar SO hot!!), but I would just joke about it. I allways have bruises somewere from bumping into tables and such.

Hi! I am a new cam girl who has managed to develop a pretty good following within just 2 weeks and since I work full time in my personal life, I understand that any time I have to cam is valuable time.
Well, I am supposed to broadcast my Wednesday show in about 2 hours and I was out walking just now, tripped, and landed really hard cutting and bruising both of my knees and my right hand. I still plan on going on cam, but I feel like going on with bandaged knees is really unattractive and I know that I will have very purple knees from this for a few weeks.
We are all human and hurt ourselves from time to time, so I am curious to know if any of you have had similar problems and how did you work with them?
What can I say to people when they ask about my bandages? Should I be honest, or maybe make a joke alluding that it was having rough sex or something? :D
I love doing my cam shows and I'm really annoyed because I'm worried that it will turn people off if I have bandaged or bruised knees (it was a really hard fall!).
Bandage your injuries and treat them as needed. When you cam, wear thigh high socks (like many models do to stay warm) and if you wish, a sexy pair of gloves until you're healed.

Bandage your injuries and treat them as needed. When you cam, wear thigh high socks (like many models do to stay warm) and if you wish, a sexy pair of gloves until you're healed.

Heh, to stay warm. :p I'd be willing to bet that 80% of camgirls are just wearing them cause they're cute or to hide their legs/feet.

I wear them for all of the above reasons XD my legs don't seem to like being shaved anymore for one thing lol. And they're cute. And i dont like bare feet ha. But I do actually get really cold without them! There was a study once that said women find it easier to orgasm when they're wearing socks because it stops us getting cold and I definitely think that's true for me :p

But back on topic ha. Ive had bandages on cam before and just said the truth - it's known that I'm pretty clumsy so I basically just hope that maybe they'll find it cute or something ha. I currently have a nice jellyfish-shaped burn on my hand from pouring water straight out of the kettle so I'm probably gonna have to deal with that on cam tomorrow as well...

Depending on the injury and your cam persona's marital status, you can also turn it into a sexy story. Eg I'm open about being in a relationship so if I have a bruise on my leg or something (which happens quite a bit when you're as clumsy and wide-hipped as I am) I just say it's a bite mark or something... Sometimes it really is, sometimes it isn't, but I think if everyone knew that I'm actually even clumsier than I say I am it might start to lose any charm it possibly currently has ha

When I first started camming I had tons of cuts and stuff all over my body so my fingers and legs were covered in bandages. Only one person said something and it was typical "Do you cut yourself?" But other than that members seem to understand that you are human. I'd say whatever you feel comfortable with. If your persona is a girl who's into rough sex then it can help, if that's not what you're going for I wouldn't say that. I would probably make a joke saying I got into a fight with a bear on my journey to save princess zelda, but that's me. lol.

Reactions: CherryChu
I've had the same issue! what i did was wear above the knee socks and they were super duper cute and covered it up pretty well. But whenever I took them off, I would just be honest and joke about how clumsy I was. (I fell off of someones porch one night while waaay too drunk hehe)

Get on and trade battlewound stories with the guys/girls!

Seriously though, my philosophy is that I don't have time to take off just because I'm hurt, damn it. Only times I will absolutely NOT cam is after a seizure. Once I have one I'm more likely to have others and I refuse to have that happen on live-stream. Other than that, who cares? Bumps and bruises are a part of life!

Reactions: shylurkerdude
Status
Not open for further replies.