AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to Engage Viewers and Drive Tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2019
Hello there! I apologize if this topic seems redundant, I am a new model on MFC (two weeks) and I have been struggling with learning how to keep my viewers engaged while they are in my room. I have read many posts on this topic across the web and watched other camgirls, but I still can't seem to figure out a way that works for me. I have been receiving most of my tokens from group shows, or tips in group shows. When I am in my room in a public show, I really feel like I don't know what to do to keep the audience engaged. I have a good personality in a one-on-one setting, but in a group chat where most of the people aren't commenting, I don't know what to do or say and I feel like I probably look bored most of the time. I have tried dancing and exercising, and that seems to generate more comments, but a minimal increase in tips for the amount of sweat that goes into it. I have been advised not to show too much in public chat unless I am tipped adequately for flashing or removing clothing first. Does anyone have any advice for me on what I could do better to have more fun on cam and get people more interested in me while getting them to tip more? I do talk to viewers when they ask me questions, but apart from that, I'm not sure how to connect emotionally with them. I want people to pay to see me strip and do sexual things on cam so I'm trying to avoid doing that unless I'm being tipped for it first. When I creep other girls rooms, I see a lot of them naked and playing with themselves in their public rooms, and that surprises me because I feel that method would generate a lot of freeloaders who don't tip. Please help a girl out, thank you all kindly!

The girls you see naked and playing with themselves have probably already done countdowns and they are doing the show portion. There are also models who get on naked or semi naked and use tip vibes etc to get tips.

I apologize if you already know this but this is the typical structure on a room on mfc:
Logs on. Countdown 1000tks till topless. Girl teases a little, greets regs as they come In. Ppl tip for content, tip menu items like flashes and spanks. Eventually 1000tks is reached. Girl takes off her top and puts up another goal 1000 for naked. She maybe adds a tip game - highest tipper this countdown wins a polaroid. Same deal. She chats, when the room gets quiet she gets up moves around, etc. Someone tips the entire countdown cos they want that polaroid. Now she is naked. Room fills up a bit more. She puts up 2000tk for a cum show. ... rinse repeat. When she gets enough tokens, she does the show.

Yes the room will flood with freeloaders thats just part of mfc. Focus on the tippers.

You don't have to follow this structure but it might help to understand it so you can understand why you see so many girls doing sexual shows in public chat.

You mentioned answering when you are asked questions but that is not enough. You are a host. It's your job to entertain. One way to entertain is to talk

You can ask the questions first - hi how was your day guys? Do you have weekend plans? The craziest thing happened to me today does anyone want to hear it?

If your room doesn't respond try thinking of yourself as a radio DJ. They just prattle on ... lol.

When someone asks a question and u answer follow it up w more convo if possible.

I also wanna suggest that IF all this sounds like a not fun time to you that you consider marketing yourself more as a pvt model. You could focus on club shows and privates. Advertise that u accept pvts in topic. On whiteboard say what u do in pvt etc. Open PMS (I know this is not always advised but it does generate pvts if you know how to sort thru the timewasters)

OR consider a site more focused on one to one interaction. Streamate pops to mind. Mfc is inherently a social site and as the model it's on you to create that environment for your chat room. I know that can be easier said than done...

I hope this helps. Typing on my phone so I apologize for any mistakes.

Thank you Miss_Lollipop! That was extremely helpful. I am going to try to follow the structure that you suggested and see if I can make it work to my advantage! I generally only have around 10 people in my room at a time (most of them guests/basics), so countdowns have not been working well for me yet. Hopefully asking viewers questions and prattling on as you say will convince them to stick around for longer. I think by having more content available for tokens that is a great way to help me reach my countdown goals as well. I do feel much more comfortable with privates and group shows so I am going to check out Streamate to see if it's a better fit for me. Thank you so much!

Thank you Miss_Lollipop for your help, I was thinking how could I build shows with a certain structure and you explained it well!

Honeybear: maybe you will prefer streamate, no under the belt nudity allowed and it feels more intimate (IMO). You can ask for tips for flashing tits and do not have to stay naked the whole time. I do like both SM and MFC and cannot decide yet what I will choose as my main site.

Thank you MissAliss515x, that is good to hear that you have had a positive experience on Streamate. I have been looking at their website, and it looks like most models only take home 35% of their earnings? Is that true? I like the set up that they have on their site, however, that is my one reservation about joining with them.

Yes, you only take 35% back, but you can charge accordingly.
Example: You want to be paid 2$ per minute minimum, charge 5.79$ in private, more in exclusive. Tips will be 35% also, so If you want to get 3.5$ for flashing boobs, charge 10$. I suggest charging less first, then slowly increase your rates when you start having regulars.

Awesome, that is really great that they let models set their own rates and it makes sense to start out charging less. Thanks!

This whole thread was extremely helpful, thank you everyone for sharing.
Really trying to get back online after disappearing for a little while and no idea where to begin, so thanks again! :h:

That was extremely helpful! Thank you so much for your advice!

Yesterday was my 2-week mark on MFC and I am struggling to keep people engaged. Yesterday was the first time i actually decorated and changed up the area that I cam in and brightened it up. That seemed to work and I took some of the advice from the camgirlwiki and did up my hair and makeup. But keeping people engaged it difficult. I have no clue what to talk about.

The girls you see naked and playing with themselves have probably already done countdowns and they are doing the show portion. There are also models who get on naked or semi naked and use tip vibes etc to get tips.

I apologize if you already know this but this is the typical structure on a room on mfc:
Logs on. Countdown 1000tks till topless. Girl teases a little, greets regs as they come In. Ppl tip for content, tip menu items like flashes and spanks. Eventually 1000tks is reached. Girl takes off her top and puts up another goal 1000 for naked. She maybe adds a tip game - highest tipper this countdown wins a polaroid. Same deal. She chats, when the room gets quiet she gets up moves around, etc. Someone tips the entire countdown cos they want that polaroid. Now she is naked. Room fills up a bit more. She puts up 2000tk for a cum show. ... rinse repeat. When she gets enough tokens, she does the show.

Yes the room will flood with freeloaders thats just part of mfc. Focus on the tippers.

You don't have to follow this structure but it might help to understand it so you can understand why you see so many girls doing sexual shows in public chat.

You mentioned answering when you are asked questions but that is not enough. You are a host. It's your job to entertain. One way to entertain is to talk

You can ask the questions first - hi how was your day guys? Do you have weekend plans? The craziest thing happened to me today does anyone want to hear it?

If your room doesn't respond try thinking of yourself as a radio DJ. They just prattle on ... lol.

When someone asks a question and u answer follow it up w more convo if possible.

I also wanna suggest that IF all this sounds like a not fun time to you that you consider marketing yourself more as a pvt model. You could focus on club shows and privates. Advertise that u accept pvts in topic. On whiteboard say what u do in pvt etc. Open PMS (I know this is not always advised but it does generate pvts if you know how to sort thru the timewasters)

OR consider a site more focused on one to one interaction. Streamate pops to mind. Mfc is inherently a social site and as the model it's on you to create that environment for your chat room. I know that can be easier said than done...

I hope this helps. Typing on my phone so I apologize for any mistakes.

This is super super helpful. Thank you SO much for writing this out in such great detail. However, I think I've essentially ruined my camscore on MFC. Is it worth it to try and rebuild? and if so, should I go about it this way you think? Sorry for all the questions! Does this structure relate well to other social sites such as CB you think??

This is super super helpful. Thank you SO much for writing this out in such great detail. However, I think I've essentially ruined my camscore on MFC. Is it worth it to try and rebuild? and if so, should I go about it this way you think? Sorry for all the questions! Does this structure relate well to other social sites such as CB you think??

(Hope this isn't weird but...) I just checked your profile and your camscore is fine. I was down to 558 and recovered from there, and there are plenty of girls who went even lower than that before finding success on mfc.

Something that I found helpful with rebuilding my camscore is to do small countdowns for shows that will draw in more viewers. Even now, I almost never have countdowns close to 1000 tk. They're usually between 200 and 700 tk. I'm not sure what you do in public, but I'd recommend either doing a small countdown for naked (less than 250 tk), or just straight up logging on naked. This helps to bring more traffic which helps you find more tippers. From there, a couple of small countdowns for things like bj shows or oil shows will help draw more people as well.

In general, the best thing you can do is watch other models, read this forum, and learn as much as you can. Stay consistent with your streaming time, and try to get yourself on cam for as many hours as possible. You can't find tippers if you're not online.

(Hope this isn't weird but...) I just checked your profile and your camscore is fine. I was down to 558 and recovered from there, and there are plenty of girls who went even lower than that before finding success on mfc.

Something that I found helpful with rebuilding my camscore is to do small countdowns for shows that will draw in more viewers. Even now, I almost never have countdowns close to 1000 tk. They're usually between 200 and 700 tk. I'm not sure what you do in public, but I'd recommend either doing a small countdown for naked (less than 250 tk), or just straight up logging on naked. This helps to bring more traffic which helps you find more tippers. From there, a couple of small countdowns for things like bj shows or oil shows will help draw more people as well.

In general, the best thing you can do is watch other models, read this forum, and learn as much as you can. Stay consistent with your streaming time, and try to get yourself on cam for as many hours as possible. You can't find tippers if you're not online.
Absolutely. I had just given up on there because I had assumed my camscore was just screwed already because I was looking into which sites felt the best for me. Thank you for this. Ive always heard contradicting advice regarding lowering your goals however you do make a good point. It definitely doesnt hurt to try - if it doesnt work for me, then just go back to normal - no harm done really. I really appreciate your input. :h: Youre wonderful.

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Absolutely. I had just given up on there because I had assumed my camscore was just screwed already because I was looking into which sites felt the best for me. Thank you for this. Ive always heard contradicting advice regarding lowering your goals however you do make a good point. It definitely doesnt hurt to try - if it doesnt work for me, then just go back to normal - no harm done really. I really appreciate your input. :h: Youre wonderful.
Your CS is 1200, all cam models start w 1000. You're ahead of the game boo

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Your CS is 1200, all cam models start w 1000. You're ahead of the game boo

Oh no way. Wow thank you haha. I can't believe I never looked. I just had a regular tell me "watch out, your cam score is slipping and thats deadly.." and then I saw my viewers falling (which couldbe just been a couple bad days or my dreaded sunday/monday combo too) so I just bounced to stripchat where I found it worked better for me. I really don't like to splitcam because the personalization of my room is what I like the best but but I could just clone myself twice... I'd be LAUGHIN. jk but it does seem like the best idea is to stick with one site, no? Or somehow make a schedule that wont drive you bonkers lol.

Oh no way. Wow thank you haha. I can't believe I never looked. I just had a regular tell me "watch out, your cam score is slipping and thats deadly.." and then I saw my viewers falling (which couldbe just been a couple bad days or my dreaded sunday/monday combo too) so I just bounced to stripchat where I found it worked better for me. I really don't like to splitcam because the personalization of my room is what I like the best but but I could just clone myself twice... I'd be LAUGHIN. jk but it does seem like the best idea is to stick with one site, no? Or somehow make a schedule that wont drive you bonkers lol.

Ignore members who say stuff like that. There are bad days on cam and there are good days on cam. I've had a camscore from 558 up to 2100, and I've had good days at 1000 and bad days at 1800. Yes, camscore impacts traffic, and I can say things start getting pretty bad below 700-800ish, but yours is definitely high enough to get you enough traffic to work with. Be mindful of it, but don't let it scare you too much. Sometimes staying on for another hour, even at the risk of your camscore dropping a bit, can be all you need to find someone who really likes you and spends a ton of tokens.

As for whether or not you should stick to just one site, that really depends on your camming style. With the way I cam, I know I can only do one site at a time. There are plenty of girls on here who cam on 2-3 sites at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.