AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to make a gif?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so I'm horrible when it comes to tech stuff so just wanted to ask. How does one make a gif? I want to make some for Twitter mainly and the simpler the program the better.

This all depends on how advanced and what kind of transitions etc you wish to do but for really simple things your first port of call could be

Convert a video to GIF and clip/trim any parts you want.. Then you can add some effects or text. With the above, notice the sub-menu's up at the top, there is also one for "GIF Maker". I think this has more effects and options on it than the video to gif. You can also simply add individual photos for that GIF maker one and have them simply transition through each one.

From what I know, the more advanced stuff, even free programs, add watermarks to your stuff or limit file sizes etc.

For more advanced stuff, you can use something like Photoshop or even a video editing program - I personally use either Corel Video Studio, and/or Camtasia 9.

If you use Filmora, you can export a short clip as a gif.
There's also Gifcam for windows, it pops up a window and you can set framerate etc and then hover the box over the video you want to record and bam, it's like a screencapture but for gifs. Also 100% free! http://blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/
You can also use Avidemux 2.5.6 (that release specifically) to save a selection from a video as jpeg images and then you can use Photoscape to turn those frames into a gif. I then watermark/edit with ezgif.com - all of these are free.
Photoshop also has the ability to create gifs, so does GIMP with plugins I believe.

Twitter's GIF size limit is 15mb and Tumblr's is 3mb just for note.

Status
Not open for further replies.