AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Huge drop in camscore, normal?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lexxie_lane

Cam Model
Mar 26, 2020
I started camming this week. I did EXTREMELY well my first two nights. 5000+ tokens. then it's been steady dropping since then down to about 1000+ tokens a night. My cam score dropped from 2800-2300. I knew things would probably slow down a little after my new girl tag expired but is it normal for it to slow down that much? My first few nights on I'd have 20+ minimum and now 20 is about the max I get. I know I should be greatful I had good nights starting out but I can't help but feel a little discouraged. Is it just me? does anyone else have experience working up from that big of a drop? Thank you for any help!

• Hugs
Reactions: mira_leo
I started camming this week. I did EXTREMELY well my first two nights. 5000+ tokens. then it's been steady dropping since then down to about 1000+ tokens a night. My cam score dropped from 2800-2300. I knew things would probably slow down a little after my new girl tag expired but is it normal for it to slow down that much? My first few nights on I'd have 20+ minimum and now 20 is about the max I get. I know I should be greatful I had good nights starting out but I can't help but feel a little discouraged. Is it just me? does anyone else have experience working up from that big of a drop? Thank you for any help!
That sounds like a pretty common scenario for a newcomer. That's also just a minor drop in camscore, really, and is due to a slightly smaller amount of tokens spread over the hours you've been online. (As you may know, it's based on tokens per hour over a rolling 60-days, so it starts off a bit faster being new and having less than 60 days under your belt.)

Being over 2000 you have an advantage so keep at it, and try to maximize the amount of tokens you earn vs. how long you're broadcasting. Sell videos (put them up on MFC Share and advertise them while you're on cam and on social media), and/or photo sets.

Upvote 0
That sounds like a pretty common scenario for a newcomer. That's also just a minor drop in camscore, really, and is due to a slightly smaller amount of tokens spread over the hours you've been online. (As you may know, it's based on tokens per hour over a rolling 60-days, so it starts off a bit faster being new and having less than 60 days under your belt.)

Being over 2000 you have an advantage so keep at it, and try to maximize the amount of tokens you earn vs. how long you're broadcasting. Sell videos (put them up on MFC Share and advertise them while you're on cam and on social media), and/or photo sets.

Thank you for the encouragement! That's a huge relief to know that's normal. Loving it this far!

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Completely normal. It can be a huge dip after new girl tag falls off until you find some regular tippers. Look through mfc share to see what top videos are to get ideas and put some of your own up. Selling content is huge to helping camscore

Upvote 0
Completely normal. It can be a huge dip after new girl tag falls off until you find some regular tippers. Look through mfc share to see what top videos are to get ideas and put some of your own up. Selling content is huge to helping camscore

Great tip! I haven't quite completely figured out share yet, I definitely need to get better acclimated with it.

Upvote 0
I've been on MFC for two weeks. My cam score went up to 1700 and now it's been hovering around 1500 because the past weekend has been pretty weak for me :( I've been reading that it's a pretty common occurrence but I'm afraid of it dropping below 1000. I think your score was initially high enough to have sort of a padding and bring more people in your room. I heard that once you get past the 2000+ point, it gets much easier. One thing I learned is, once the flow of tokens slows down, log off and go on another site. They base it off of Tokens per hour. Theres been a few times where I make 1500+ tokens per hour for 3 hours and I log off after that. My first "Good night" turned out bad because I stayed on having fun and chatting with the guys in my room and the tip flow began to slow down because the interesting conversationalists were not tippers. Don't feel bad about logging onto another site. Chaturbate doesn't have a cam score. I usual switch over to CB and Cam Soda if I don't have a flow of tokens coming to MFC within the 1st Hour.

Upvote 0
I've been on MFC for two weeks. My cam score went up to 1700 and now it's been hovering around 1500 because the past weekend has been pretty weak for me :( I've been reading that it's a pretty common occurrence but I'm afraid of it dropping below 1000. I think your score was initially high enough to have sort of a padding and bring more people in your room. I heard that once you get past the 2000+ point, it gets much easier. One thing I learned is, once the flow of tokens slows down, log off and go on another site. They base it off of Tokens per hour. Theres been a few times where I make 1500+ tokens per hour for 3 hours and I log off after that. My first "Good night" turned out bad because I stayed on having fun and chatting with the guys in my room and the tip flow began to slow down because the interesting conversationalists were not tippers. Don't feel bad about logging onto another site. Chaturbate doesn't have a cam score. I usual switch over to CB and Cam Soda if I don't have a flow of tokens coming to MFC within the 1st Hour.
Sounds like you have a good grasp on how it all works.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darlinghologram
Upvote 0
I hope so! I've been doing ok but it's been a little nerve wracking. I Hope is stays consistent. I've dipped back down from 14-1500. It seems like I can't get out of that 1500 rut :(
That's one of the reasons why I split cam. I use MFC and stripchat mostly now and don't take privates. Stripchat doesn't penalize with the whole camscore but they now have stripchat points or something like that where it's not based on just tokens. If it's realllly bad I'll just turn off the MFC restream channel and focus on stripchat. I usually give it an hour at least on both. Sometimes if someone tips on one site it brings in more tokens on the other. They like seeing the action and want to join in.

Upvote 0
I've been camming on MFC for 6 weeks and my cam score is at 800 something. Lexxie_Lane, remember that 600 is the median score, so I know most don't want their score to be that low but just letting you know that's the median score and at least you're not even close to that you know?

My question is: I know how the cam score works but I also know that you should be consistent and show up when your profile schedule says you will be online and to at least work for 3 hours. So at what point do I log off because I'm not getting any tips and my cam score is lowering? Do I just keep working for at least 3 hours even though I'm not getting anything? Or try another site?

I don't know whats more important..being consistent and staying on at least 3 hours every time I go live, or my cam score lowering?

Upvote 0
My question is: I know how the cam score works but I also know that you should be consistent and show up when your profile schedule says you will be online and to at least work for 3 hours. So at what point do I log off because I'm not getting any tips and my cam score is lowering? Do I just keep working for at least 3 hours even though I'm not getting anything? Or try another site?

I don't know whats more important..being consistent and staying on at least 3 hours every time I go live, or my cam score lowering?

There are a few different answers to this question, but I'll give you my take based on personal experience.

My camscore dropped down to 558 at its worst, and what got me out of that hole was 1. staying consistent and logging on when I said I'd be on (2-3 hours, 5 days a week) and 2. Trying out a new shift. I kept most of my schedule the same, but I switched my worst shift—Tuesday evening—for a totally new one—Sunday afternoon. This exposed me to new people that I wouldn't have met otherwise, and within two weeks, my camscore started to go back up. You can't find tippers to raise your camscore if you aren't online.

Similarly, I did my first rank month in April. I was a little worried because I had given myself set hours (5-6 hours per day), and told myself that I wasn't allowed to log off before those hours were up. I was worried that this would make my camscore go down because I'd probably be spending more time online without making as many tokens per hour. The opposite actually happened. There were days where the first 2 or 3 hours of a shift were DEAD but then I'd earn enough tokens in the last hour or two to make up for it. My camscore went up last month. More time online meant a higher camscore.

In general, my advice is to stay online for the full time that you said you'd be online, but there are occasional times where it's smart to make exceptions. If I do a big show and then the people who tipped for it leave afterward, I'll typically log off if I have less than an hour left in my shift. I find it's difficult to get the room restarted at this point because often the only people around are freeloaders who only want to stare and won't tip or talk.

Also, it took me 4 months of camming before my camscore started to go back up. It takes time to build up a base of regulars.

Reactions: BettyLeeXXX
Upvote 0
Does camscore change where you are listed at on the homepage? Is that the only thing it affects?
Yes, the default sorting on the homepage is by camscore. And that's the only purpose of camscore.

Upvote 0
There are a few different answers to this question, but I'll give you my take based on personal experience.

My camscore dropped down to 558 at its worst, and what got me out of that hole was 1. staying consistent and logging on when I said I'd be on (2-3 hours, 5 days a week) and 2. Trying out a new shift. I kept most of my schedule the same, but I switched my worst shift—Tuesday evening—for a totally new one—Sunday afternoon. This exposed me to new people that I wouldn't have met otherwise, and within two weeks, my camscore started to go back up. You can't find tippers to raise your camscore if you aren't online.

Similarly, I did my first rank month in April. I was a little worried because I had given myself set hours (5-6 hours per day), and told myself that I wasn't allowed to log off before those hours were up. I was worried that this would make my camscore go down because I'd probably be spending more time online without making as many tokens per hour. The opposite actually happened. There were days where the first 2 or 3 hours of a shift were DEAD but then I'd earn enough tokens in the last hour or two to make up for it. My camscore went up last month. More time online meant a higher camscore.

In general, my advice is to stay online for the full time that you said you'd be online, but there are occasional times where it's smart to make exceptions. If I do a big show and then the people who tipped for it leave afterward, I'll typically log off if I have less than an hour left in my shift. I find it's difficult to get the room restarted at this point because often the only people around are freeloaders who only want to stare and won't tip or talk.

Also, it took me 4 months of camming before my camscore started to go back up. It takes time to build up a base of regulars.

wow! Thank you so much so this great advice! I've been sticking to the time that's on my schedule in my profile and so far I've already been getting more people in my room. I'm also thinking of staying on longer? Maybe logging in earlier maybe from 4-10 instead of 6/7-10? I might get the opprotunity for more members to see me like you did when you changed your tuesdays to sunday. That's a great idea! Thank you again!

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.