AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hugh Hefner has died

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about after Playboy takes off? Also, man, I think you're underestimating "famous actress" to be "very well paid".
*edit because even though I said it before, hey again is still valid! :h:* You are also acting as though this was the famous, at the top of her career Marilyn who had these photos taken. Read my first paragraph. Over, and over again if you need to. She took these because she needed them. They were great, sure, they were a scandal of the time, and Hugh profited off of that.
He profited off of how high her career was going with something that she did when she needed. That isn't sex revolutionary. That sounds a lot like people leaking nudes of celebrities than it does being revolutionary.
Then what about Madonna? He was famous enough then to get in some type of contact with her (although hey, even back in the 50s, I'm sure he could have let Marilyn know, or her agent, something- with some kind of effort.) or the woman who begged him not to release the photos? Was he just a "poor guy" then? Trying to start up a company off of the backs of women? Hm? (The answer is nah.)
Just because you can doesn't mean it isn't a shitty thing to do.

You keep thinking you, though! Lmfao. :D

Sure in 1949, she was poor and needed the money. I pretty sure many maybe even most women who get naked in front of a camera do so because they are poor when they started.

But not in 1953, in 1953 according to Wiki
Rising star (1953)

As Rose Loomis in the film noirNiagara (1953), which dwelt on her sex appeal
Monroe starred in three movies that were released in 1953 and emerged as a major sex symbol and one of Hollywood's most bankable performers.[114][115]

She was hell of a lot richer than Hugh Hefner, her boyfriend was one of the best paid athletes in the world.

By the time Hef had anywhere near the fame and fortune (say 1971 when Playboy went public) Marilyn Monroe had been long dead

What is depressing is that you want to treat these women like Madonna and Marilyn as poor exploited woman incapable of protecting themselves. They were rich and famous and had an agent and a lawyer, and probably a business manager. Plus one distinct advantage that no one else in the world had, they know when they posed and who the photographer was. If Marilyn, or Maddona, or Vanna White, were really concerned about nude photographs, all they had to do was send one of the minions back to the photographer and buy the rights back. Yes it probably would have cost Marilyn more than $500 that Hef paid.

There are a hell of a lot sex tapes and nude photos of celebrities we don't see because that's what their agents/business manager do.

In fact, I'd highly recommend if any of you become rich and preferably before you famous, you have your lawyer go back to MFC/SM/Chaturbate and make an offer to buy back the license you gave the streaming sites to use your images forever and through out the known universes. It won't prevent all videos of your camgirl performance but it will prevent people from profiting from them.

As I said I'm more sympathetic Reality TV "stars who had their Playboy casting pictures run years after they posed. I think it is shitty. However, what Hef did is no different than what anyone else in the entertainment industry does back then or today. But then I think lots of people in the adult industry (especially the men) behave badly.

But trying to cast Marilyn as a victim that just doesn't fly.

Yeah, not really buying the victim cards some are trying to sell. Not just with Marilyn but in general. Claiming they were pressured or felt like they couldn't say no is insulting and demeaning to women. Women aren't these weak and pathetic creatures that are incapable of being held accountable for their decisions like some here would have you believe. I'll accept that some regret the choices they made but that's life. Regret is a part of it. I'm curious what the victim crowd would propose or if they even realize how insulting that thought process is. Should we raise the age when women are considered adults that can think for themselves and make their own decisions? Should we make laws to protect the fragile adult women from making choices they may one day regret? Just a silly thought process that fails to look at the big picture.

he also allowed folks like Cosby and other famous celebrities to grab a lot of pussy with no consequences at the Mansion.

I will say, that if Hef knew what that pile of basura Cosby was up to, completely unforgivable. While I won't argue that Hef was pretty creepy with the way he treated his girlfriends, all involved were consenting adults that agreed to the situation. Sour grapes after the "relationship" has ended is pretty much expected when a person loses their meal ticket. In no way can that be compared to what Cosby did. He is straight up evil and should be spending the rest of his days rotting in prison.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Hef was no saint (none of us are), but he did give minorities chances when nobody else would. He hired African-American bunnies, models and talent for his clubs (for one Dick Gregory).
So there are good things and bad things about his life.
Are any of us able to say we're better?
Any of us living a perfect life?
Looking realistically at the overall picture of his life, I think there are more pluses than minuses.

I don't really know much about hugh or playboy. I liked the college issues that I saw at my friend's house when I hung out with him growing up. Apparently every dad but my own subscribed to that (even my brother subscribed to that and the Playboy channel when he got the chance). I also ran across a Playboy that featured flight attendants back in the early 90's that rocked my world (I tried putting some of the swimsuit pics in my locker at highschool and almost got busted by a priest because of all the gawking). I do remember the Playboy club when I was growing up which was located at the Howard Johnson's near the mall in the late 70's. My Dad had a few playboy mixers withe the bunny and I always thought they were the coolest! LOL

I like the Grateful Dead so I wanted to own every performance they ever did on tv or anywhere. Apparently they did some stuff with Playboy a long time ago on a short run tv show. The keyboard player said, later, that everything behind them was fake and a person could put their hand thru that 'wall.' This is a video of the Playboy After Dark with them that I know.

I guess one of the Grateful Dead crew dosed the crowd and that is why all everyone is having a good time:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/v...ateful-deads-lsd-tinted-playboy-show-20150522

I watch that show and everyone seems pretty uptight. Not what I was expecting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.