AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I am scared people will recognize me

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2022
My situation is very difficult. I had to move to another city (can't explain now but I don't have anywhere to go anymore) so I must pay the rent and if I don't I'll be homeless. I have panic attacks and high anxiety since I've moved, I tried to work at the call center and I couldn't so I quit and anxiety subsided. I must work from home and I need quick cash. There are no jobs right now, after the pandemis is over, there aren't remote jobs in my country, only for developers like before the pandemic.
So, I don't have any choice. This is not a post where you would suggest me what job I should find because believe me I tried to find anything and I couldn't. I need money asap. I don't have anyone to lend me money.

But I am in fear that everyone will know. I am an artist and a lot of my pictures are all over Google, I was in newspapers and I regret it all now because someone will recognize me if I start camming. Also, I am scared that this is it then, I won't be able to have any other career and I can't imagine camming for the rest of my life, I don't like it, it's something I have to do to survive for a while, until I find something different.

I am so scared that someone who will recognize me will also put my cam screenshots or videos and write my name all over it and post it so everyone will know when they google me. I would like to be a life coach one day but I guess I won't be able to open my page or youtube channel?
But my biggest fear is that I won't earn anything or at least not much and be exposed for nothing.

Is there any chance that I'll do this for about a year and nobody finds out?

Lets be honest, regardless if geo-blocking restrictions (which mind you can be bypassed),

Which ever site you say were to choose to use, the username that you choose with a quick google search is going to have screenshots and videos exposing you all over the internet. All it takes is one person that you know to find out your username. So are there any guarantees? Absolutely not. Unfortunately that is the way it works, there is no protection other than your own conscious decisions.

There is always the chance of someone that you don't want finding out, finding out.

With your high anxiety that you have described and life goals you may want to start focusing your energy elsewhere. There are many options if you know your way around a computer. If you enjoy videos games there are many videos games that you can do RWT (Real world trading) in, for example selling gold in a game that you farmed for real money, etc ..

If you are still stuck on the idea you can always try streaming without showing your face and see if you can make a little money that way, it's more difficult but doable !

Kind regards,

My situation is very difficult. I had to move to another city (can't explain now but I don't have anywhere to go anymore) so I must pay the rent and if I don't I'll be homeless. I have panic attacks and high anxiety since I've moved, I tried to work at the call center and I couldn't so I quit and anxiety subsided. I must work from home and I need quick cash. There are no jobs right now, after the pandemis is over, there aren't remote jobs in my country, only for developers like before the pandemic.
So, I don't have any choice. This is not a post where you would suggest me what job I should find because believe me I tried to find anything and I couldn't. I need money asap. I don't have anyone to lend me money.

But I am in fear that everyone will know. I am an artist and a lot of my pictures are all over Google, I was in newspapers and I regret it all now because someone will recognize me if I start camming. Also, I am scared that this is it then, I won't be able to have any other career and I can't imagine camming for the rest of my life, I don't like it, it's something I have to do to survive for a while, until I find something different.

I am so scared that someone who will recognize me will also put my cam screenshots or videos and write my name all over it and post it so everyone will know when they google me. I would like to be a life coach one day but I guess I won't be able to open my page or youtube channel?
But my biggest fear is that I won't earn anything or at least not much and be exposed for nothing.

Is there any chance that I'll do this for about a year and nobody finds out?
Someone recognising you is going to always be a risk. If you are uncomfortable with that then I would not recommend starting camming at all.
There are always people looking for virtual assistants and people to do data entry on sites like upwork, elance and fiverr so there are always other options if camming is not something that you want to do.
Why would camming stop you from being able to start a youtube channel?
Earnings not meeting your expectations is a very real possibility also there are plenty of models that earn what most people consider very low amounts.

I don't think the consequences of being recognised are the be all and end all you're imagining they might be. The world is a big place and the internet is exponentially even bigger. Unless you become a top, world famous cam model, you'll be lost in the crowd anyway.

It's possible you'll get recognised but I think unlikely (I've been camming 1.5yrs and no one knows who I haven't told myself). And if you are recognised, it's even more unlikely that it'll have a significant negative effect.

Sure it'll probably cut off some opportunities and you'll be blacklisted from a career in politics for example. But lots of employers actually just wouldn't care anyway, and even if they do, they're not likely to bother with an extensive background search on you. Most just check out your LinkedIn page if anything at all lol.

You may fet recognized. I got recognized my first year by my ex boyfriends ex best friend. I wasnt a popular model and was in the back pages. I also got recognized by a viral clip of me that was on Facebook which resulted in me being nc with my family due to their behavior towards me.

It can happen. I cant say that it will absolutely. There are plenty of models who dont get recognized at all. But there are some who do.

If you are an active model: pineapplesupport.org

Please reach out to some therapy. Im sorry you are dealing with all this stress and anxiety. Please take care of yourself.

As an option you can be faceless Onlyfans/Fansly creator. If you don’t have tattoos or other body marks that’s very stand out you can be fine for some time till you get back on your feet.

Otherwise just do what you can if you choose to do camming - block your location, lock or shut down IRL social media, don’t post same photos in IRL & work social media - just a few advices.
Sometimes you can do everything and still someone finds out, but sometimes girls I know work for 5+ years and no issues.

I have viral IG videos of me over 1M and even 11M+, now chances that I will be recognized very high but I actually never experienced it yet, must be because I’m super introverted and I don’t even know whole lot of people IRL lol
I ban people I know IRL from my work IGs and Tik Toks, I have whole block list of people nicely and easily organized 😏

I have viral IG videos of me over 1M and even 11M+, now chances that I will be recognized very high but I actually never experienced it yet
That's amazing you went that viral! But yeah, plus people may well have recognised you but just not mentioned it. Not everyone has this huge stigma against sex work!

Reactions: inertvolcano
That's amazing you went that viral! But yeah, plus people may well have recognised you but just not mentioned it. Not everyone has this huge stigma against sex work!
Yeah I never had anyone message me or walk up to me and say something. People using VPNs back and forth so I have Onlyfans subs from same city as my real location (I lie about my location)😅 I just make sure I post photos without any logos or landmarks etc and if some of my neighbors would recognize me… that’s sucks for them because I live in all families suburbs so that would make them a very not a good husband, they wouldn’t dare to say anything😏

I guess I am really unlucky because in first hour of my camming tonight someone from a neighbor country which I blocked came in my room. I shut down the laptop shocked but I think he saw my face, I was in my clothes but he could recognize me if he knows me. I don't get it how it happened because if he used VPN it wouldn't be showing his country and city under his name but it was showing. I guess I would be exposed very quickly with the bad luck I have.

I guess I am really unlucky because in first hour of my camming tonight someone from a neighbor country which I blocked came in my room. I shut down the laptop shocked but I think he saw my face, I was in my clothes but he could recognize me if he knows me. I don't get it how it happened because if he used VPN it wouldn't be showing his country and city under his name but it was showing. I guess I would be exposed very quickly with the bad luck I have.
How do you know?

It was under his name, location, city and country and his name was very geo-specific so I know he really is from there.

It was under his name, location, city and country and his name was very geo-specific so I know he really is from there.
So his username was the first and last name of someone you know personally, and he had his city and country on his profile?

I'm trying to understand why you immediately think it's someone who recognizes or knows you, and not just a random person in that location that was using a VPN (which a LOT of people do).

So his username was the first and last name of someone you know personally, and he had his city and country on his profile?

I'm trying to understand why you immediately think it's someone who recognizes or knows you, and not just a random person in that location that was using a VPN (which a LOT of people do).
Sorry I realize now you just think anyone in that general area will recognize you because of your past publications.

I know you didn't want to hear this, but if that security is important to you, this job isn't meant for you.

It's gonna happen. My ex found out and outted me to my friends and family. Also someone doxed us(somehow found our address and sent the police to the house on trumped up charges).

Maybe it's not for me but I don't have any other choice, I must pay rent in two or three weeks and to live off something and I really can't go out because of my agoraphobia. All those other remote jobs are not something I can work because they rejected me many times, I don't have lucrative skills.

Just one more question. I am imagining worst case scenario, that someone recognizes me and it goes viral, they make a meme of me and a whole (small) country knows, is that possible or I am catastrophizing?

Maybe it's not for me but I don't have any other choice, I must pay rent in two or three weeks and to live off something and I really can't go out because of my agoraphobia. All those other remote jobs are not something I can work because they rejected me many times, I don't have lucrative skills.

Just one more question. I am imagining worst case scenario, that someone recognizes me and it goes viral, they make a meme of me and a whole (small) country knows, is that possible or I am catastrophizing?
i was made into a meme that goes viral every other month it seems. i've had tens of millions of people on facebook, twitter, redditt, and recently tiktok view that viral clip. it's been going on since 2016 after 3 years in. a lot of good came from it but i ended up getting outed and doxxed. if you think you cannot handle the potential fallout, dont do it.

even though the fallout for me was bad, i don't regret my decision. camming has been a blessing and its not my fault if other don't see it as such.

but i understand you need to survive. you need to do what you think is best. working a short while until you get where you need to be. the shorter you are in the industry, less likely you'll leave that much of a footprint, or be recognized.

have you checked out these:

please take care of yourself. :h:

Last edited:
I am imagining worst case scenario, that someone recognizes me and it goes viral, they make a meme of me and a whole (small) country knows, is that possible or I am catastrophizing?

It’s possible, but unless you get screencapped doing something really unique/different it’s very unlikely.

Have you tried phone sex instead of camming? I’m not 100% sure on this, but I’m sure someone here can correct me if I’m wrong, on sites like NiteFlirt you don’t need to use photos of yourself on your listings.

You also don’t need to do nude/explicit camming if it’s giving you this much anxiety being recognized. I know people can still discriminate just because you were on an adult site even if you weren’t nude or explicit, but it’s a lot less likely.

You said you’re an artist, so you can do painting shows and stuff like that. I know there used to be a couple of non-nude/non-explicit models on MFC who did body painting shows and did really well with them.

And, clips. There’s a ton of clip categories that don’t require any sort of nudity. You can take a look through Clip4Sale’s categories to get a better idea.

Have you tried phone sex instead of camming? I’m not 100% sure on this, but I’m sure someone here can correct me if I’m wrong, on sites like NiteFlirt you don’t need to use photos of yourself on your listings.
they allowed you to use stock images years ago. idk if that's still allowed.

they allowed you to use stock images years ago. idk if that's still allowed.
Yep you can use content licensed for this purpose on NF.

Hold on, is camming legal in your country? If it’s legal, you pay taxes then it’s all good!
I think you dramatize a little bit. What if you become viral (which would require lots of hard work to begin with!), filthy rich, people find out and think nothing of it or how hot and talented you are?
And that can sparkle interest to your art when it’s a spicy story around it now.

Definitely between camming or become homeless - camming is a better option.

Reactions: SensualJade
May i suggest catfishing?

Joking .. but in all seriousness.. camming is hard to earn quick cash in. You may experience wait times on being paid from other countries, and while you may get lucky, is equally possible that you try this and it makes nearly nothing. Set up costs + time etc.. and no guarantee of success...

I think this is a bad idea. I understand you may need to do it anyway, by all means try.. but it is no guarantee you will make $$$ that you need

I need at least 300-400 $ for now, I hope I can earn that for the beginning. I have another job, sexting on one platform where my identity is unknown but it doesn't pay much so I thought that combined could work.

Reactions: Imkylie
Well, I have made 2$ on one site my second night (actually my first real night when I was six hours online) and a woman tipped me and on the other site I haven't made anything. While I was afraid, I lost my new tag and nobody comes to my room, I've had maybe 5-8 people in six hours. Just one wanted private but that was night before when I was still too afraid and he was back the other night but he didn't want it anymore.
I can't believe that I am so unsuccessful in everything I do. I guess I am good only for cleaning toilets but I can't do that because of my bad spine. I reached bottom, I am contemplating suicide, I don't know what to do anymore. I was so afraid to being recognized but I am not anymore, I don't care, I just need that frickin' money for rent and food. But I guess I am not that attractive.

Well, I have made 2$ on one site my second night (actually my first real night when I was six hours online) and a woman tipped me and on the other site I haven't made anything. While I was afraid, I lost my new tag and nobody comes to my room, I've had maybe 5-8 people in six hours. Just one wanted private but that was night before when I was still too afraid and he was back the other night but he didn't want it anymore.
I can't believe that I am so unsuccessful in everything I do. I guess I am good only for cleaning toilets but I can't do that because of my bad spine. I reached bottom, I am contemplating suicide, I don't know what to do anymore. I was so afraid to being recognized but I am not anymore, I don't care, I just need that frickin' money for rent and food. But I guess I am not that attractive.
Decathy business ebbs and flows, your energy comes from you. Camming can be tough, camming really puts you 'out there' which I think is incredibly brave - you put yourself on that stage and I can confirm that is not easy. So I am wondering what you tap into as motivation - the strengths and resources you have. I also want to check do you have access to whatever your local version of Samaritans or mental health support line is?

I was in a good mood, I didn't think that I won't earn anything. After that realization I am low, very low. I am on my period so I can't cam now but I am so disapointed and in panic because time is ticking. I can call only the suicide line but they can't help me with that because I wouldn't be depressed if I earned at least something but now I see that I can't make a living with that. That was my last resort and I was thinking and convicing myself for months and finally I decided and nothing happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brit
im so sorry that cam wasn't what you thought it would be. i dont know which site you were trying out, but if it's any consolation, a lot of us on sm are experiencing a huge decrease in traffic right now so it's a hard time to start. i know you mentioned cleaning as an option, but housecleaning was my vanilla job before cam and it's awesome. i always enourage all of my friends to do it !! right now where i live housecleaners are charging 40-45 per hour, guaranteed money, make your own schedule, and a standard job is 3 hours. so if you need 300-400 that would only be like 3 houses! i have a spinal injury so i understand the physical limitations but i hope you're able to find something!

Status
Not open for further replies.