AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I Can Claim Whut on Taxes in Canada?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppyBryers

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 18, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hello!

So this is my 4th year doing MFC and I've been getting my taxes done by an accountant. But Im curious to know from other models who have been doing this for longer than 4 years, and who live in Canada!

What can you claim as a WRITE OFF towards your taxes?

I mean--I see girls playing drinking games. Example: You tip, I sip!
SO techinically alcohol can be claimed in this sense right?

I really need some insight! I wanna claim as much as possible, but definitely need to know what other girls IN CANADA claim so I can perhaps do that same. MAybe even save on some taxes this year....ugh.

Thanks!

You should be able to look this up on the website of the Canadian tax authorities. Just because you use something while camming doesn't mean you can claim it as a deductible. It all depends on how your government classifies sex work. Do you tell your accountant what your income if from?
Where I'm from, sex work is classified as a personal service in the same realm as models, actors and musicians.

As MFC States in their wiki, we're considered independent contractors. As such, we fill out a form for independent contractors claiming our our overall incomes (hope you kept all your pay slips!) And any deductions we'd like to make, say for lights, webcams, computer, etc... I haven't done that yet, haha, just being imaginative.

Just be careful and save a bit each pay you get, there will be some prov/fed taxes you'll have to pay depending on your pays overall.

Here is a little guide:
https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-reso...-income/how-do-you-file-contract-payments.jsp

I had my taxes filed by an accountant the first few years I cammed. You can not claim things like alcohol like. no. That would be like eating cereal on cam and claiming all your cereal. Edible items can be claimed if you're at a convention or travelling exclusively for work MAYBE (my accountant advised against it the year I did a cam trip but we filed the other expenses), or if you are using a food product exclusively for cam, like cheese for the cheeseguy who wants you to kraft single your tittttiiiess. I however would be weary on food even if used for weird fetish shows because it can be argued you need food outside of work. Think of it like - if you are a lawyer you can't claim the lunch you ate at your desk.

You can't claim clothes or anything unless it is absolutely exclusive to camming. But not just exclusive, it has to be something you could not use in daily wear. For example knickers you may use just for camming because they're lacey but you like cotton in daily life should not be claimed. Panties you buy that you sell to a client could be claimed. Or tee shirts or whatevs. I don't wear cotton tees IRL really, but for cam I do. I can't claim a damn one of those shirts.

Cam equipment can be claimed. A portion of your home can be claimed. I don't think it's ever amounted to any reductions in taxes for me though. Portion of phone bill if you use a work phone. Costumes. Even a portion of travel expenses.

I was told by my accountant that hair and nails and such can not be used because your life outside of work benefits from those things and they are not deemed as necessary. In the long run those hair and nail costs are not worth filing and you being audited over it.

A bit about my accountant - he was my ex husbands family business accountant who was kept on like retainer. He knows his shit. He's my ex hubbs so I did my own taxes this year, but I feel comfortable about taxes and what can be claimed in part from past years tax filings.

Examples of things I have claimed:
Panties I bought and were sold to members
postal fees (my post box as well as shipping costs for stuff to members)
Organizational shelf things where I store my cam goods
Chair for camming
Lights
Computer (I have one I use exclusively for camming, and one for school/personal use)
Computer repairs
webcam
video editing software and other cam software
whiteboard
markers
Photography stuff, inclusing photo paper
One latex dress, and a few "sexy" costumes as well as a mask thing that was used as a prop in videos
Lubricant (but not sex toys.)
Plane ticket, and hotel expenses for a cam trip, rental car - none of the food for that trip though
Work phone (I used to have two)

Status
Not open for further replies.