AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need some advice regarding modeling on chaturbate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2021
Hi! Quick backstory... So I've been camming on chaturbate for about a year now (took a month off bout 6 months ago because I wasn't sure if this was for me or not but went right back to it because I missed it... glad I did) I have almost 2000 followers.
On a really good night (which is literally 1 or 2 nights out of my 5 shifts I do a week) I can make about $50 in about 4 hours which is usually how long my streams are.
I'm not sure how to progress past this, I've kinda been at this wall for the past few months and can't seem to make any more.
I am mostly consistent with my schedule I have posted in my bio and on twitter
I greet everyone
I talk a lot
I tease constantly
I play piano, music
I try to do fun games like the dice bot ect...
I have a lovense (which did start getting me more money)
Lighting is on point, I have two cameras for different angles that look great
I post various free things on my twitter to keep people interested in me
The small amount of people who actually take the time to get to know me express how much they like my content. So here are my questions.

Am I doing well or should I be doing better than this a year in?
Should I raise my prices to make my time more worth it or is that going to make my regulars stop paying me?
Should my shifts be longer?

Most of the time I only get tipped when I'm in already in the middle of doing sexy stuff (masturbating ect...) So I tend to give away alot of free stuff because it's the only way I usually get paid
Is this a bad idea because i'm giving away free content or should I just roll with it because It seems to work 50% of the time?

I know this post is kinda long but it's been questions that I can't seem to find specific answers on.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Hello! A few thoughts, but from a viewer perspective (not a model):
Are most of your tips for specific menu items, or more for appreciation?
What sort of viewer numbers are you getting in your room?
Are you streaming on one site, or several?
Does your room have a theme, and what sort of music are you playing?
Are you a chatty sort of person, or is it more action-based?
Have you tried doing a stream at a different time slot, or day of the week (if your circumstances allow that) to see if that generates more traffic? That can be hard if you already have an established schedule, but might be worth testing as it could make a difference.

Sometimes I make my goal in one hour sometimes 4-8+ hours. Some of my best days started really slow. The more time and positive energy you put into your shows the better they will get.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Hi! Quick backstory... So I've been camming on chaturbate for about a year now (took a month off bout 6 months ago because I wasn't sure if this was for me or not but went right back to it because I missed it... glad I did) I have almost 2000 followers.
On a really good night (which is literally 1 or 2 nights out of my 5 shifts I do a week) I can make about $50 in about 4 hours which is usually how long my streams are.
I'm not sure how to progress past this, I've kinda been at this wall for the past few months and can't seem to make any more.

Am I doing well or should I be doing better than this a year in?

Most of the time I only get tipped when I'm in already in the middle of doing sexy stuff (masturbating ect...) So I tend to give away alot of free stuff because it's the only way I usually get paid
Is this a bad idea because i'm giving away free content or should I just roll with it because It seems to work 50% of the time?

I know this post is kinda long but it's been questions that I can't seem to find specific answers on.

Firstly, I know that this OP hasn't been seen in 1.5 months!

But this is a common concern for many, and most probably don't adjust whatever "normal" used to be, for "these Covid times" (more cam girls flooding the market, perhaps making it tougher for many to earn in a day/week what they earned in a day/week two years ago).

I wish there were a reliable way to study the widely adopted "goal" mentality... where like a mouse completing a maze, a piece of cheese will be rewarded for its completion...

compared directly to the unmistakable appeal to attractive bodies in the center of sexual arousal, and how men are quite often eager to respond with tokens/money that reflects their 'approval'.

I guess it makes sense to contemplate what Strip Clubs would be like if a woman got on stage, perhaps in a bikini, but perhaps wearing street clothes... and said: $45 and I'll take off my top...

and once she arrived there, then it would be "$100 and I'll take off everything else"

In many strip clubs, the obligatory time on stage is mostly to prime the male audience to want lap dances or the like with that particular dancer, with the real money being made during those lap dances.

In the cam girl world, I perceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeive the greatest rate of tipping to occur when a woman is deep in the throes of naked arousal... and if things are going really well, then the tips are snowballing a great deal. The naked form at the same time would tend to stand-out somewhat on the "menu" page, inspiring viewers to opt for YOUR room instead of the next one.

The whole world of webcamming is an amazing sample of psychology.

Some models almost never graduate from the look of being preoccupied with their phone, in questionable lighting, and with considerable indifference toward the viewing audience. That vibe can be spotted from the menu page, and especially so when surrounded by many others who are more into what they're doing.

I also think "momentum" is a near priceless commodity on webcams... and I think that a brand new girl starting out isn't wrong to be naked much of the time, making that seeming 'sacrifice' for the sake of building the momentum that could carry her so far later.

A girl I watch a lot... is among the more pre-occupied models I've ever seen... if it isn't daily soap operas on her TV in the background, then it is (what seems like her boyfriend??) on a different type of webcam there right in front of her. She doesn't do very well despite being a vibrant and spontaneous young woman who has the goods physically, and I think she has been on cam long enough so that things aren't going to change. She does have a fun spirit when she is engaged with her chatroom and is quite captivating at those times when she is deep into sexual arousal.

So many new girls these days are in some 'studio' somewhere, run by someone else, and they are making some small relative pittance, and as such they couldn't be bothered to be so bold as to take it all off without incentive. But those are the first ones to drop out as well... so it seems fair to wonder how things would have gone the other way...

I will say that the answer is almost NEVER to alter something about your physical self... for society has perhaps NEVER before matched the full human variety that are online cam girls... who can be incentivized from literally all over the world, to turn up and comprise what is truly jaw-dropping variety while at the same time having no true sense for how their appearances seem from across the world, where the most subtle, perhaps-local features completely mesmerize male admirers from halfway across the globe.

Add to it the way the worth of a token is somewhat equalized across the globe, where some remote spots have far less in the way of overhead expenses, and thus something like webcamming can really pay the bills for what is perhaps a vast majority of unique locations around the globe.

It must be so challenging for young women (who have somehow already survived most if not all of their teen years with some amount of self esteem left) to catch-on to their own beauty, and consider that their personal uniqueness is made to seem vastly more unique and captivating from far across the planet. Also, with school years being what they were... to imagine that the ones drawn to your cam room ARE there beCAUSE they find YOU attractive.... (coupled with the ones who used to tease you, or hate you in school now certainly being OFF in other cam rooms watching 3-legged Martians with lizard tongues of the sort it seemed they must've craved back in high school).

I don't truly 'know' the answer in the question relating to weighing "goals" vs. "naked and confident most of the time"... but the question certainly merits a lot more study and experimentation.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
He's baaack!

• Funny!
Reactions: CheeseMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.