AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I think I am ready for giving up

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I switched from MFC to CB because MFC wasn't working for me. Most of the viewers there don't tip either, that is just a token site reality. It doesn't mean MFC's base is cheap. And your comment is ludicrous, offering Camsoda as a better alternative to CB is mad.
Whats wrong with Camsoda?

Whats wrong with Camsoda?

Their user base is almost entirely eastern european with no tipping habits. A few ACF models tried the site and found it not worth their time. So offering this as a better alternative to CB just goes to show that you don't really know this subject well enough to give people advice.

Is it? Ask @cherrybomb1111 why she switched to MFC. I visit chaturbate every day and when ever I visit a models room, almost none of the members in it are tipping.

The same is true on MFC too. I just took a look in the most popular room and she has 1100 viewers and only 5 different tippers at the top of the list. Sure there could be some ninja tippers and others that have logged off but lets be generous and say that would probably be a maximum of 20 different tippers out of 1100. I'm sure you'll agree that is an equally shitty ratio of viewers to tippers.

Most nights on MFC, only two people are making up the majority of my earnings.

That is probably true of any token site you will ever encounter. Not just CB.

Thanks guy for throwing me under the bus in a thread where everyone has the opposite opinion. lol

But Unfortunately my experience on chaturbate was not the best. I did try to give it the benefit of the doubt over a period of 9 months. I had too many problems with my chatroom being glitchy. I had a new webcam, good lighting, the best internet, even bought a new laptop hoping that it would improve the broadcasting issues. Nothing worked for me. My FPS was always around 5-13. I had members complaining that they could not get my broadcast window to load. I had issues with password shows not working. Sometimes people would get booted in the middle of a private and we would have to restart. My room count stayed significantly low all of the time. Never went above 15. It seemed that the only people that had no issues with getting into my room were grey users.

I found it really strange though that i could log into my boyfriends account and everything was smooth as butter. My fps was great, no glitches, 5 minutes in and i already had 50 people in my room. So i figured maybe i just needed to start a new account and transfer my followers. That didn't work either. It was literally the longest trouble shooting session of my life. I am one of those people that when something is wrong i will do everything i can to fix it. I am too stubborn to get up too soon.

I was putting in 15 hours a week and only making an average of $150 every two weeks. I switched to myfreecams and am seeing different results, the income is a lot better. Completely Glitch free! A better experience overall. It is going to take a while build up my regulars again and build a decent cam score but its worth it. A lot of models don't really suffer from the same issues that i did on chaturbate. Different for Everyone one i guess.

As far as freeloaders, there was always a high volume of freeloaders on chaturbate that would shamelessly ask for free shows. On myfreecams you have to watch out for the scammers. A guy will waste a lot of your time just to watch you try to earn you money, only to find out in the end they only tip after they receive what they want. Or they dont tip in tokens only paypal, or get this... "western union" haha what a joke. The scams get pretty intricate on myfreecams. I eventually took away the privilege of PM's on there because the members abuse it like crazy.

That's just my experience. Everyone experiences something different. The OP really shouldn't take it personally. Remember that there is a lot of competition in this game and sometimes its just not in our stars to do this as a career. I take it seriously like a career but i don't expect it to pay all of my expenses. So working two jobs is my best option.

you don't really know this subject well enough to give people advice.
Pretty much how I feel about @Guy or any non-model giving advice to current or potential models.

Pretty much how I feel about @Guy or any non-model giving advice to current or potential models.
Then what should I do if I want to be helpful to the camming community?
Thats one of the reasons why I am on here.

Talk about things from a member's standpoint, where relevant.

Not things you wouldn't know as a non-model.

Give things from a members perspective if asked.

off topic , but

You are a helpful part of ACF. You start threads. some become informative, some become humorous . some strike out ,no big deal.

yes I figure Amber means the "How to cam to make a million dollars advice"

butttttttttttttttt. I believe through experience that all jobs are cross platform to some extent. Being an independent cam model requires many hats. Many a member is an expert in marketing, sales. taxes. fashion. photoshop. ect.. and their advice could be invaluable to a new cam model.

Many a member is an expert in marketing, sales. taxes. fashion. photoshop. ect.. and their advice could be invaluable to a new cam model.

The older I get the more I realize each job is very specific and skills that are useful in one of them will be useless in another. Even 2 jobs in sales have little to do with one another. I worked as a telemarketer, in a high end jewelry store, and currently I cam, and I can tell you that the strategies you need to sell a lot in each one of them are completely different. A member has NO CLUE what camming is really about. Their experience as a viewer is irrelevant to the job. It is like saying that just because you have a Netflix subscription you can teach someone how to act convincingly. Maybe something really technical would be helpful, someone who knows how to build killer profiles or how to use photoshop or final cut could give a new model a hand, but don't dabble into things that you have never experienced if you dont want to mislead someone and send them in the wrong direction. You could be hurting them more than you are helping. Especially when they can get in contact with actual cam models like in this forum.

My advice was solid. Wasn't really camming advice and I can't see myself offering any camming related advice but still, solid!

I think each camsite is a different experience for each model, individually. You can never look at one model and ASSUME that their experience is how it is across the board. I think BongoCams is a shit site, but I know of models who make great money on there!

I posted this in another thread. But I think it's worth repeating, here.
Think fishing with tackle. You could have this one lure that has all the bells and whistles on it. Won't catch anything, even the intended fish it was made for. But you have this one special lure, that can catch any kind of fish. A lot of fish too. There is something special about that specific lure. You don't know what it is exactly, because you have tried similar ones. That is pretty much camming in a nut shell.

My advice was solid. Wasn't really camming advice and I can't see myself offering any camming related advice but still, solid!

Just wanna say I think thats what every member says/thinks....
But I will also say that some have decent and good advice. :)

Their user base is almost entirely eastern european with no tipping habits. A few ACF models tried the site and found it not worth their time. So offering this as a better alternative to CB just goes to show that you don't really know this subject well enough to give people advice.

He never said they were BETTER alternatives just listed it as a different site. If you're going to be hard on someone don't add words that aren't there. It's not model only information that there are other sites to try if CB isn't working.

These comments aren't necessary for the discussion. You could had mentioned the issues with camsoda without roasting @Guy in the process. The fact that it was @Guy that actually asked why he was wrong listing camsoda to further the discussion was more productive than your attack questioning his relevancy.

Reactions: Guy
Just wanna say I think thats what every member says/thinks....
But I will also say that some have decent and good advice. :)

Just want to say that my post wasn't meant to be taken that seriously. For the record, my advice was neither decent or good. Merely solid.

Since camming is so personal and not doing well can feel so hurtful, I think many of us really struggle to allow someone to just fail and move onto something better. We are conditioned to stroke each others hair and encourage them to not give up but in reality, sometimes it just isn't going to go well and staying at it is only going to do a massive amount of damage to the individual.

I kind of wish we could get past this without it being seen or taken as an insult to encourage someone to go with their gut and chase happiness. Life is too short to keep fighting a fight that makes you miserable AND poor.

Since camming is so personal and not doing well can feel so hurtful, I think many of us really struggle to allow someone to just fail and move onto something better. We are conditioned to stroke each others hair and encourage them to not give up but in reality, sometimes it just isn't going to go well and staying at it is only going to do a massive amount of damage to the individual.

I kind of wish we could get past this without it being seen or taken as an insult to encourage someone to go with their gut and chase happiness. Life is too short to keep fighting a fight that makes you miserable AND poor.

Glad to see that a person of your stature agrees that my advice was solid.

The older I get the more I realize each job is very specific and skills that are useful in one of them will be useless in another. Even 2 jobs in sales have little to do with one another. I worked as a telemarketer, in a high end jewelry store, and currently I cam, and I can tell you that the strategies you need to sell a lot in each one of them are completely different. A member has NO CLUE what camming is really about. Their experience as a viewer is irrelevant to the job. It is like saying that just because you have a Netflix subscription you can teach someone how to act convincingly. Maybe something really technical would be helpful, someone who knows how to build killer profiles or how to use photoshop or final cut could give a new model a hand, but don't dabble into things that you have never experienced if you dont want to mislead someone and send them in the wrong direction. You could be hurting them more than you are helping. Especially when they can get in contact with actual cam models like in this forum.

yup. , ) i will just say i use tools i learned from working at mcdonalds at 15 in every job i have had. I use similar training in tennis, baseball, basketball. ofc, all sports will have specific skills required.

not to start a boxing match,, but really? you never learning anything useful from a member ? )))))))))))))))

He never said they were BETTER alternatives just listed it as a different site. If you're going to be hard on someone don't add words that aren't there. It's not model only information that there are other sites to try if CB isn't working.

These comments aren't necessary for the discussion. You could had mentioned the issues with camsoda without roasting @Guy in the process. The fact that it was @Guy that actually asked why he was wrong listing camsoda to further the discussion was more productive than your attack questioning his relevancy.
The reason why I mentioned Camsoda was because a cam model gave it a good review.
http://www.howareyoubb.com/2016/04/16/camsoda-review/

Reactions: Serenity_Tam
Just want to say that my post wasn't meant to be taken that seriously. For the record, my advice was neither decent or good. Merely solid.

I wasnt meaning to be offensive. Or say your advice wasnt "solid". Your advice was fine. I was just saying that every member says their advice is "solid".

Im a science nerd. Solid is a state of matter for material to me. :joyful:

I wasnt meaning to be offensive. Or say your advice wasnt "solid". Your advice was fine. I was just saying that every member says their advice is "solid".

Im a science nerd. Solid is a state of matter for material to me. :joyful:

No offense was taken. Was just having fun by being a bit goofy.

He never said they were BETTER alternatives just listed it as a different site. If you're going to be hard on someone don't add words that aren't there.

He never said they were better, his statement implied it.

if someone came to me about their all-bark diet and I said 'tree bark isn't a good source of nutrition for humans, you should switch to fruits, veges, and nuts', you would not be wrong to infer that I think those listed are nutritionally better for humans. And it would be quite odd for someone to jump in and remind you that I never said the word better.

Reactions: heybarkeep
He never said they were better, his statement implied it.

if someone came to me about their all-bark diet and I said 'tree bark isn't a good source of nutrition for humans, you should switch to fruits, veges, and nuts', you would not be wrong to infer that I think those listed are nutritionally better for humans. And it would be quite odd for someone to jump in and remind you that I never said the word better.

His statement is what he WROTE. Unless you have the ability to read minds you don't get to decided if he "implied" anything. You may ask him directly if he "implied" that and wait for his answer but you don't get the answer that for him. That's the sort of logic that enable many dangerous things. A girl "implies" they want you to touch them because they are wearing short clothes? Where does it end?

You ONLY get to use the facts presented when making a judgement of another persons mode of thought.

A girl "implies" they want you to touch them because they are wearing short clothes?

I don't think we took the same English courses.

I've seen you post this type of thread a few times over the past year or so. Always getting tons of advice and responses. We've asked you multiple times if you could give us your specs, FPS, what equipment you use or copies of your streams and I've noticed you flat out ignore an entire thread that told you in order for us to help you, you need to give us more information as to what you're working with. You aren't a verified model, so you aren't getting the really good information in the MO section on your own. I don't want to sound rude but I'm not sure what you're expecting when I've continuously watched you not let us ACTUALLY help you. You are a good looking girl, and I highly doubt you have a crappy personality. But you always dodge the really important things we try to help you with. That shows me that you're unreliable, probably are working with a not good enough set up and you don't truly want to work hard for what you want.

My FPS is at the most about 32
My camera is a Logitech 720p
Ceiling light and lamps .. not studio lights at the moment
I work from 2230 -0200 (UK Time)
I use token keno most of the time and my backdrop setting is a coloured curtain and a bed .. my decor isnt great to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.