AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I think I am ready for giving up

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2015
Scotland , UK
Twitter Username
@HoneySucklexx
Chaturbate Username
Honey_Suckle
The last few weeks I have been broadcasting at night and lucky to make 400/500 tokens per night so I thought thismorning I would change things and try getting up at 7am .. having coffee and setting up and get myself on cam for 8am .. I decided to call it a day after making 184 tokens in 4 hours. I can't go on like this .. its beginning to feel personal towards me and I am so close to throwing the towel in with camming.

which sites have you tried camming on?

and are you talking night US-hours? (evening or sleep-time?)
where do you find most of your audience is from? and what about most of your tippers?

I can tell you things you can consider that maybe could help.

1. Your broadcasting when most of the US is sleeping. This means you're counting SOLELY on EU guys for tipping. On most sites US clients spend the most money. If you're in UK you might want to try 2pm or 10pm your time.

2. Your profile tells me more about your security measures than what I'm giving you money for. I get no idea of your personality or which fetish you specialize in, what toys you use or what you even perform is a mystery from your profile. Your tip menu is generic nothing unique to you in it. From your tweets you look like you are trying to do the natural hairy thing which on sites is considered a small nitch on clients looking for that.

3. The free pics you provide don't give a good idea of your body shape. At least you have body pictures but most of them are of you laying down. Maybe a picture that better shows off your shape could help.

4. I know nothing about CB searching tags but I'm sure whatever you have down isn't helping guys find you. If you're not front page make it search for guys looking for a fetish to find you with good tags.

It's important to be who you are on cam but you always need to be aware when who you are puts you in a smaller customer demographic. It's going to be a harder climb.

This is just my two cents.

The last few weeks I have been broadcasting at night and lucky to make 400/500 tokens per night so I thought thismorning I would change things and try getting up at 7am .. having coffee and setting up and get myself on cam for 8am .. I decided to call it a day after making 184 tokens in 4 hours. I can't go on like this .. its beginning to feel personal towards me and I am so close to throwing the towel in with camming.
The vast majority of CB members are freeloders and beggers. Even most of the CB members who buy tokens are like that. I would suggest switching to a different site.
Such as MFC, Streamate, or Camsoda.

Reactions: Bunni
If you're feeling that way, I think it's important to listen to your gut instinct. It's not always personal, but I absolutely understand how the mind can perceive it to be that way when cam isn't going great. It might be time to throw in the towel - or it might be time to just scale back a little? Sometimes a short break can help offer more perspective. Perhaps you could start looking into other options now, just to see how it feels? Cam can always be put on the back burner, so to speak, while you persue other options.

I'm not entirely sure if you cam full time now, or if you were looking for advice, but that's my 2 tokens :)

You have a good amount of followers on both Chaturbate and Twitter, a beautiful body and a nice smile, trust me honey, it's not personal. Sometimes business is just slow and a camgirl can have an entire slow month.

But I know what you mean, because you are selling "you" and if no one is buying, then what? right?

Well, they can be broke or just cheap as many people are. I'm one of those cheap people can't lie LOL.

Every camgirl is different, special in her own way and quite wonderfully unique.

I found that always trying new websites, no matter how much you care about sticking to your main one always gives you a new perspective.

I have never been the top of any of the websites. I cam for a long time.

I gave 3 fully invested years on MFC, I didn't do tragically bad but never awesome either, trying out new websites helped me discover new working strategies and getting back on the horse that was MFC when the times were tough. I was never planning on giving up MFC, I would just use those as practice training.

That happened until I decided to give the website that I found fit for me, a real shot. Chaturbate. That was for me, but there are tons of good websites out there, you just have to find yours.

Just my take on Chaturbate.....

I noticed some models making next to nothing but still having higher tokens per minute private show rates..

In my view camming is about making money and if you sit there for an hour making nothing and hope there will be someone paying the higher private shows that is maybe not really working.
The better approach is to make your private as cheap as possible to make as much tokens as possible , basicly you cannot be beaten on price, this gives you some income and exposure to possible repeat customers. Once you feel you are in demand you can start raising your tokens per minute rates...just basicly building up a business with cheap promotions at the beginning.

:)

people have always advised me not to do PVTs on the fly in CB, it just drives everyone away from your room. and for what... less than a couple one-off tips for doing very little (flashing this or that) if your rate is that low.

CB isn't SM, where everyone expects you to do absolutely nothing until they pay you for a PVT.
most people who tip me never want to go to PVT.
and a lot of people who want a PVT want a cumshow, and I can get far more running my room and building up to a cumshow for a handful of people than any one person is willing to pay for me to do in PVT. (and you can bet your ass they'd want the PVT recorded too, unlike normal cumshows, so they want even more, for less, and at the drop of a hat, too). makes no sense for how I make money on there.

Just my take on Chaturbate.....

I noticed some models making next to nothing but still having higher tokens per minute private show rates..

In my view camming is about making money and if you sit there for an hour making nothing and hope there will be someone paying the higher private shows that is maybe not really working.
The better approach is to make your private as cheap as possible to make as much tokens as possible , basicly you cannot be beaten on price, this gives you some income and exposure to possible repeat customers. Once you feel you are in demand you can start raising your tokens per minute rates...just basicly building up a business with cheap promotions at the beginning.

Will say that the girls who tried being the cheapest wind up with way cheaper, more demanding customers, and none of them stick around afterwards because all they want is the lowest price. There's also perceived value - making yourself the cheapest option doesn't necessarily make you the most appealing. Girls on this forum who've tried that tactic have often said it's unsustainable, makes you feel shitty, and makes you barely any money. No private show is worth only 6 tokens a minute (or whatever the cheapest option is).

Having reasonable goals and being flexible in them = good. Going as cheap as possible in a last ditch attempt to make some money = not so good.

Will say that the girls who tried being the cheapest wind up with way cheaper, more demanding customers, and none of them stick around afterwards because all they want is the lowest price. There's also perceived value - making yourself the cheapest option doesn't necessarily make you the most appealing. Girls on this forum who've tried that tactic have often said it's unsustainable, makes you feel shitty, and makes you barely any money. No private show is worth only 6 tokens a minute (or whatever the cheapest option is).

Having reasonable goals and being flexible in them = good. Going as cheap as possible in a last ditch attempt to make some money = not so good.

I can only speak from my member perspective......

If I have only a limited amount of tokens I try to get the most out of it. This means if there are 3 models that interest me I will first go for the one with the cheapest private rate, if I am not happy I will work my way up to the more expensive models.
So the cheapest has the chance to make me a regular and to make some tokens.....
I am not saying being the cheapest model is a way to make a lot of money, but it should give you additional customer you can work with...
If other options work that is perfectly fine, I am just referring to models making nearly no money instead of making some money.....
Sure you have to deal with the cheap Charlies, but you get tokens from them if they take you private...

There's also perceived value - making yourself the cheapest option doesn't necessarily make you the most appealing.
So true, it is just as bad as being the most expensive option. It is very hard to trust a model offering a cheap deal, as a member you expect a bad show (no heart in it), or no show at all (i.e. a scammer).

A model offering a range of options is fine though... always nice to have some choice.

So true, it is just as bad as being the most expensive option. It is very hard to trust a model offering a cheap deal, as a member you expect a bad show (no heart in it), or no show at all (i.e. a scammer).

A model offering a range of options is fine though... always nice to have some choice.

I see it differently, with a cheap model I am happy to take my chances and if she is doing a good quality show I am more than happy to give her extra tips and to support her.....

This means if there are 3 models that interest me I will first go for the one with the cheapest private rate

Which counters your point about building regulars, and supports mine that members who only want the cheapest rate won't follow you when you raise them.

Anyway, I think every camgirl should have an idea of her limits and what she's comfortable doing for how much money. Doing super cheap privates understandably makes a lot of models feel shitty. Again I think it's important to be flexible and realistic (don't ask 10k for top off if you have three members in your room and can't clear a 200tk countdown), but still, I hope girls reading this consider the outcomes, both short-term and long-term for yourself and your career of doing this.

Also, in my experience, it's much easier to start higher and lower prices than to start low and raise them.

I can't remember what I made, but it was a little over $125 the first pay period I was on Chaturbate. I eventually tried another site that I was able to find success on. I didn't get it right away, but I was making between $350 - $450 a week. Could just be the site. Try others. Don't ever think your options are limited! There is also clip making and PSO work!

Anyway, I think every camgirl should have an idea of her limits and what she's comfortable doing for how much money.
exactly.
I kinda wish it was more of a thing to negotiate rates.
people seem to think what it's set at now is what it is for whatever.
I'd often do less for less, and more for more ... but people usually just click 'start pvt' rather than negotiate to see if you do what they want, at all, or at that rate.

clear a 200tk countdown

what a what? (we're not talking CB anymore are we?)

@BobbyB I agree with the others that making yourself cheaper often doesn't make you more income or bring in better regulars, but also have you considered that for them to make a similar income they'd need to be in shows nearly constantly? I enjoy doing hour long private shows with one person as usually they enjoy the build up, the teasing and edging which is amazing for me rather than expecting flat out hard action the entire time which would be exhausting, and not as sexy... But if I my only way of earning were to do cheap shorter private shows back to back with different members I would have to be basically flat out to give each person a good show. That kind of action is not sustainable, I would be worn out by the first hour. On MFC that's ok as I earn 60-80 tokens per minute and if it isn't a true private I often double earnings in spies. But if I were on CB and lowered my prices to rock bottom that'd mean I'd have to do that for hours to even come close to what I need to earn. The damage to my poor pussy! There is no way I could sustain that sort of action, and once people expect to see those cheap prices that is what they'll expect to pay which would mean I'd then lose a lot of those people once raising the prices.

Perceived value is very important, it is why camscore and the miss MFC competition are so important to models on myfreecams. Once you are perceived as a high up model members genuinely do spend more. I can understand lowering your price a bit if that's an option to bring in a following if you are never selling shows. But selling them at rock bottom price seems completely counter productive unless you live in a country with a very low cost of living.

I've seen you post this type of thread a few times over the past year or so. Always getting tons of advice and responses. We've asked you multiple times if you could give us your specs, FPS, what equipment you use or copies of your streams and I've noticed you flat out ignore an entire thread that told you in order for us to help you, you need to give us more information as to what you're working with. You aren't a verified model, so you aren't getting the really good information in the MO section on your own. I don't want to sound rude but I'm not sure what you're expecting when I've continuously watched you not let us ACTUALLY help you. You are a good looking girl, and I highly doubt you have a crappy personality. But you always dodge the really important things we try to help you with. That shows me that you're unreliable, probably are working with a not good enough set up and you don't truly want to work hard for what you want.

The vast majority of CB members are freeloders and beggers. Even most of the CB members who buy tokens are like that. I would suggest switching to a different site.

Writing that in every thread here doesn't make it true. There are freeloaders on every site. Give me one valid reason why there should be more of these folk on any site? Hell, on mfc they even have their own room, the lounge, where they can hang and tell each other which video to switch to, because a nude goal was just met there. At least on cb you get a feeling how many people are watching your stream whereas on mfc i never knew

Writing that in every thread here doesn't make it true. There are freeloaders on every site.

I'm not even sure why it matters.
maybe it's just tipper self-ego-boosting.

do you model on CB, guy?

as long as freeloaders aren't demanding my attention, what's the problem? it's no different to if I'm juggling for tourists -- some have coins some don't, the people without coins aren't inherently more annoying or distracting or anything, but they do inherently contribute to the atmosphere for passersby who might have coins that something worth watching must be going on in their line of sight.

I'm not even sure why it matters.
maybe it's just tipper self-ego-boosting.

do you model on CB, guy?

as long as freeloaders aren't demanding my attention, what's the problem? it's no different to if I'm juggling for tourists -- some have coins some don't, the people without coins aren't inherently more annoying or distracting or anything, but they do inherently contribute to the atmosphere for passersby who might have coins that something worth watching must be going on in their line of sight.

Because they do nothing but get the show for free and often record it, repost it and sometimes resell it???

We tolerate freeloaders on places like Chaturbate, doesn't mean we don't dislike them.

I can't go on like this .. its beginning to feel personal towards me and I am so close to throwing the towel in with camming.

No shame in moving on and trying to find a more fulfilling and profitable career. Throwing in the towel will sometimes be the best move you can make. You are young and camming will always be there, exploring other options could end up being the best decision of your life. Good luck with whatever it is that you choose to do.

Reactions: JickyJuly and Gen

This is an outdated view of Chaturbate.

Do you mean to say that over 50% of chaturbate members are paying customers?

No, but that is not what @Guy's post implied. Read the quote again:

Reactions: Violet Dawn
didn't someone say earlier that unlike CB, on MFC you just _can't even see_ how many freeloaders are watching you?

Is it? Ask @cherrybomb1111 why she switched to MFC. I visit chaturbate every day and when I visit a models room, almost none of the members in it are tipping.

Well, I switched from MFC to CB because MFC wasn't working for me. Most of the viewers there don't tip either, that is just a token site reality. It doesn't mean MFC's base is cheap. And your comment is ludicrous, offering Camsoda as a better alternative to CB is mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.