AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stream Master for CB only

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Vixxen81

Cam Model
Nov 3, 2022
I've been using the Lovense extension on Chrome for years now. Logged in three days ago to message saying this is going to be discontinued.

I installed Stream Master as instructed and ran into a brick wall. I don't understand what to do and the instructions are lacking.

I opened it, signed in, selected External OBS, hit broadcast on OBS, hit broadcast on CB while using whatever IE is called now but had zero toy functionality.

Then I notice the stream button in SM so I hit that but what I can't figure out is which is actually doing the broadcasting? SM or the CB/OBS set up.

I don't understand and I don't know to explain what I don't understand but it's making me really hate Lovense right now (not that I didn't before)! Halp?

Or am I going to end up throwing this in the trash?

Did you get this resolved or figured out? Ever since I did the latest OBS update and Lovense extension update I can’t get them to communicate with each other. I’ve even tried completely uninstalling all of my Lovense stuff off my phone and laptop then reinstalled, but I’m still having the same problem. I have yet to hear back from Lovense support. I’d love any other tips I could try or even a workaround you might have found.

I've been using the Lovense extension on Chrome for years now. Logged in three days ago to message saying this is going to be discontinued.

I installed Stream Master as instructed and ran into a brick wall. I don't understand what to do and the instructions are lacking.

I opened it, signed in, selected External OBS, hit broadcast on OBS, hit broadcast on CB while using whatever IE is called now but had zero toy functionality.

Then I notice the stream button in SM so I hit that but what I can't figure out is which is actually doing the broadcasting? SM or the CB/OBS set up.

I don't understand and I don't know to explain what I don't understand but it's making me really hate Lovense right now (not that I didn't before)! Halp?

Or am I going to end up throwing this in the trash?
SM is Lovense's version of obs, I used it for like an hour and hated it, obs imo is much better.

Reactions: Moonyback
SM is Lovense's version of obs, I used it for like an hour and hated it, obs imo is much better.
Well damn. Lol. There goes my thought of trying to use something other than OBS to stream, even though it’s pretty much the requirement on CB. I know the issue is probably on the Lovense side, I just wish it was more user/model friendly. I’ve been using their toys for over 8 years now and you’d think they’d have everything running smoothly by now.

Well damn. Lol. There goes my thought of trying to use something other than OBS to stream, even though it’s pretty much the requirement on CB. I know the issue is probably on the Lovense side, I just wish it was more user/model friendly. I’ve been using their toys for over 8 years now and you’d think they’d have everything running smoothly by now.
Basically what they did was take google chrome and put obs inside it...tbh it's part of why I didnt like it, it just didnt run as well for me and trying to work out how to change settings and stuff was a pain. It's all stuff you would get used to but imo theres no need for it to exist since it dosnt solve any problem but introduces a bunch more.

Reactions: Vixxen81
I can't for the life of me NOT make mine work..

my setup is the toy is connected to my phone (lovense connect)

then that is setup in my Stream master desktop software

I have auto insights turned on (no clue if that has ANYTHING to do with anything)

then I just press the stream button from the "home" button beside Chaturbate, it redirects and I start my stream like I always would..

I have no clue if these steps can help you, I really do hope they can somehow... this way I'm using external OBS for the stream, but STILL using the stream master browser

Lovense actually ran a poll about this -- half of us said "IT SUCKS" and the other half said they'd never heard of it. Suddenly the decision to kill the browser extension for toy commands was taken off the table.

Reactions: Olive
I have helped several models set up stream master and they all seem to like it. It is not difficult to set up if you separate the "lovense" side from the "OBS" part. Set up the extension settings as you would in the side loaded extension, and set up the OBS the same as regular OBS.

Wonder where this poll was conducted because on stripchat there are many models using it and some I have helped set up broadcast simultaneously on both sites without any issues.

I have helped several models set up stream master and they all seem to like it. It is not difficult to set up if you separate the "lovense" side from the "OBS" part. Set up the extension settings as you would in the side loaded extension, and set up the OBS the same as regular OBS.

Wonder where this poll was conducted because on stripchat there are many models using it and some I have helped set up broadcast simultaneously on both sites without any issues.
IDK how much experience you have with stream master or obs + a browser. but is there a point of stream master that I am missing? like what does it do that obs and a browser doesn't or do better than obs and a browser? I just kind of dont get why it exists tbh.

IDK how much experience you have with stream master or obs + a browser. but is there a point of stream master that I am missing? like what does it do that obs and a browser doesn't or do better than obs and a browser? I just kind of dont get why it exists tbh.
The models that cam on both CB and SC like the chatbox feature of stream master so they can monitor chat without have to go back and forth ...Also regular OBS does not allow streaming on more than one site without additional software or a web site. I never had a lovense toy when I was camming so I have never used it myself but the models I have set it up for like it

• Helpful!
Reactions: KingMarti
Chat box is available without stream master. It literally exists for no reason at all and the poll was conducted on the browser extension.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Natural9
Cam Extension.png

This is the cam extension they were trying to get rid of in favor of Stream Master. I've been using it for 5 years and suddenly I'm supposed to switch to a lesser version of it that made my cam look like I took a dirty water bath and couldn't adjust? I mean I guess if you've never known the difference, sure SM looks fine. The poll isn't the SM versus Browser Extension but it is where they ran the poll about SM.

I had no idea the extension is being discontinued! Why oh why cant we keep the things we like.
:arghh:
Seems that the poll answers made them take a pause. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn to ACF soon for more input.

I'm really annoyed at the level they are trying to control the cam industry with their crappy toys and buggy software.

View attachment 99562

This is the cam extension they were trying to get rid of in favor of Stream Master. I've been using it for 5 years and suddenly I'm supposed to switch to a lesser version of it that made my cam look like I took a dirty water bath and couldn't adjust? I mean I guess if you've never known the difference, sure SM looks fine. The poll isn't the SM versus Browser Extension but it is where they ran the poll about SM.
I have set up models at 720 HD and 1080 HD with the OBS in stream master and those cams look clear. I really do not see any reason they need to discontinue the side loaded extension. Maybe like other software makers, they are just choosing to end it because they do not want to keep updating it...kinda like when windows stops supporting a version of windows "end of service" type thing.

I have set up models at 720 HD and 1080 HD with the OBS in stream master and those cams look clear. I really do not see any reason they need to discontinue the side loaded extension. Maybe like other software makers, they are just choosing to end it because they do not want to keep updating it...kinda like when windows stops supporting a version of windows "end of service" type thing.
It wasn't a clarity issue, it was a skin tone issue. I played with it for about ten minutes before I finally gave up and went back to the browser extension. They are the literal worst about explaining how any of their features work and I have the extension in my back pocket, so to speak. I'm sure they're tired of updating it but they're going to be really tired when models get sick of their crap and stop using their products because they don't know when to quit.

It wasn't a clarity issue, it was a skin tone issue. I played with it for about ten minutes before I finally gave up and went back to the browser extension. They are the literal worst about explaining how any of their features work and I have the extension in my back pocket, so to speak. I'm sure they're tired of updating it but they're going to be really tired when models get sick of their crap and stop using their products because they don't know when to quit.
Skin tone! I thought it was just me! It drives me nuts. After I open SM abnd then start the OBS, I unplug my camera from the computer and then plug it back in. This makes the skin tone go back to normal for me

Skin tone! I thought it was just me! It drives me nuts. After I open SM abnd then start the OBS, I unplug my camera from the computer and then plug it back in. This makes the skin tone go back to normal for me
OMG what a stupid fix!!!!

Seems that the poll answers made them take a pause. I wouldn't be surprised if they turn to ACF soon for more input.

I'm really annoyed at the level they are trying to control the cam industry with their crappy toys and buggy software.
Thank you!! I'm so sick of having to buy their toys that fall apart in just a few months. Are there any alternatives when it comes to bluetooth controlled toys?

• Hugs
Thank you!! I'm so sick of having to buy their toys that fall apart in just a few months. Are there any alternatives when it comes to bluetooth controlled toys?

• Hugs
Reactions: bitesizedru
they need to stress test them like they do aircraft wings , 20,000 hours of use before failure sounds good

• Hugs
I really loved the Ohmibod Freestyle W but I haven't looked at their website in eons.

Some of the models I am knight for use lovense toys. The most indestructible ones seem to be the DOMI and Nora. I think the lush fails so much because models use the long tail to pull and push the toy like a dildo in and out at times not realizing the antenna for the bluetooth signal as well as charging wires for the LUSH 3 are inside that long tail. After being bent and pulled those things inside that little tail break. I do not think lovense made it with the intention of it being used quite n this manner. I think they thought it was simply going to be inserted and left there.

I am not sure what sites support which bluetooth toys as well. SC does Kiiro I think.

Kiiro seems to support most sites, but have no ideas if their toys have the same issues as lovense toys which imo all come from poor product design the wires in the lush breaking on a 3rd revision product shouldnt be happening, by the 3rd revision they have seen how the toys are used and something as simple as putting the very thin wires that are easily brake able into a more ridged outer casing rather than just running them loose through silicone would more than likely solve the issue. Problem is if you make toys that last a long time then you decrease the amount of sales you make since lovense seems to be primarily a b2b product so as long as the toys make more than it costs to replace them by the time they break they will get replaced, and I would assume lovense knows this which is why design issues dont get fixed between versions.

Here's the kiiro site list for anyone wondering where they are supported: https://www.connect2feel.com/connect-to-webcam

Kiiro seems to support most sites, but have no ideas if their toys have the same issues as lovense toys which imo all come from poor product design the wires in the lush breaking on a 3rd revision product shouldnt be happening, by the 3rd revision they have seen how the toys are used and something as simple as putting the very thin wires that are easily brake able into a more ridged outer casing rather than just running them loose through silicone would more than likely solve the issue. Problem is if you make toys that last a long time then you decrease the amount of sales you make since lovense seems to be primarily a b2b product so as long as the toys make more than it costs to replace them by the time they break they will get replaced, and I would assume lovense knows this which is why design issues dont get fixed between versions.

Here's the kiiro site list for anyone wondering where they are supported: https://www.connect2feel.com/connect-to-webcam

This is exactly what I've been thinking. It's far more profitable in the short term to have users buying new toys every few months/years rather than making products that last, and it seems like in this industry most things are for the short term since everything changes so often. I would happily pay more for a product that was truly durable and that I could maybe even send in for repairs. I hope all of these alternatives (thank y'all so much for pointing them out to me) can start to really compete with lovense in terms of the stranglehold they have over cam performers.

Reactions: babykalina
This is exactly what I've been thinking. It's far more profitable in the short term to have users buying new toys every few months/years rather than making products that last, and it seems like in this industry most things are for the short term since everything changes so often. I would happily pay more for a product that was truly durable and that I could maybe even send in for repairs. I hope all of these alternatives (thank y'all so much for pointing them out to me) can start to really compete with lovense in terms of the stranglehold they have over cam performers.
I doubt Ohmibod is going to focus on that aspect and I'll explain why. When the Freestyle W came out it was the first toy that could respond to sounds like music on your phone or whatever. It would respond to tip sounds as well but there were no apps designed to convey that to tippers yet. About a year later Lovense came out and destroyed any chance of Ohmibod really going hard for the market because Lovense was heavily marketed at cam site models. Ohmibod wasn't biting into that whole scene because they probably didn't think it would last and all cam sites would be shut down. Boy were they wrong. HA!

The biggest reason why brands like Kiiro never took off like lovense imo is marketing. Lovense knew exactly who would be using their toys and marketed hard to cam models. The other brands didnt do this, even now on the Kiiro site, theres no mention of how the toys interact with sites or what sites they are compatible with, it's all under a different domain that I only found looking through their FAQ because I knew they worked with SM before lovense was integrated but that was about it. Having to go digging for the selling points of the product is kind of an odd approach to take in trying to sell the product imo. If I hadnt been on sm and saw that it could connect, just landing on that site I would never know that they wernt just some toy with app control.

The biggest reason why brands like Kiiro never took off like lovense imo is marketing. Lovense knew exactly who would be using their toys and marketed hard to cam models. The other brands didnt do this, even now on the Kiiro site, theres no mention of how the toys interact with sites or what sites they are compatible with, it's all under a different domain that I only found looking through their FAQ because I knew they worked with SM before lovense was integrated but that was about it. Having to go digging for the selling points of the product is kind of an odd approach to take in trying to sell the product imo. If I hadnt been on sm and saw that it could connect, just landing on that site I would never know that they wernt just some toy with app control.
I feel like we need do a "JINX! pinch, poke you owe me a Coke!" thing here. :) Also Ohmibod now has this really weird subscription model. Pay $9.99 a month for discounts and access to new toys before anyone else? Um, no.

• Funny!