AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I think I fucked up my chances of being successful...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2017
Sooo... there were a few days when I was trying out findomming on chaturbate, and i was basically ordering people around, calling them piggies/walletslaves and such, and just point blank being an attitudey little bitch. weell, i realized that findomming is NOT for me, and i'm worried i scared everybody away. i've already had comments about the way i was acting and i felt bad, and still do. i think i scared a lot of potential custies away. i'm fairly new on chaturbate. so far the only days i have cammed were 4/1, 4/4, 4/16, 4/17, 4/18, 4/19, 4/20, 4/21, and 4/28. on 4/21 all i made was 35 cents and on 4/28 (today) all i made was 20 cents. On those other days I was on, though, I was averaging about $11.54 per day. oh another thing that could have fucked me up besides the findomming trial itself: i made it VERY clear that i have a strong preference for bbc, and i think that could have turned a lot of people off, also.

now that i decided that findomming isn't my cup of tea (particularly because my REAL LIFE personality is too nice for that!!) i think i messed up my chances of success...

Findom is a niche and niches don't tend to do well with large audiences, which is why they are niches. There's always an expecting to each rule but in this case I would either rethink your approach or find a more fetish friendly site. Maybe makes clips of this if it interest you?

Findom is a niche and niches don't tend to do well with large audiences, which is why they are niches. There's always an expecting to each rule but in this case I would either rethink your approach or find a more fetish friendly site. Maybe makes clips of this if it interest you?

as said in the op, i already decided i don't want to do it, it just isn't "me". i'm not a demanding person irl. that being said, do you think changing my approach would actually help? i'm starting to think maybe it would and i may have just had a couple bad days... but maybe not, maybe i did scare everybody off... i'm actually scared to log back on, in fear of wasting my time

as said in the op, i already decided i don't want to do it, it just isn't "me". i'm not a demanding person irl. that being said, do you think changing my approach would actually help? i'm starting to think maybe it would and i may have just had a couple bad days... but maybe not, maybe i did scare everybody off... i'm actually scared to log back on, in fear of wasting my time
I don't think findom goes well on token sites. Femdom is kind of hit and miss on it's own, and findom is an even smaller market. I'd suggest a private based site if you really want to try it out. Otherwise, you can always delete and make a new account on chaturbate if it would make you feel better and you want to stick to more vanilla camming.

I keep findom on MFC strictly to privates for those reasons exactly.

It's totally possible to rebrand yourself! I do vanilla stuff that is super silly and sometimes sexy and I also do findom/femdom, but I keep them separated mostly because they are very conflicting personas. I'd say just start a new account, figure out which direction you'd like to head, focus on that, and get back at it. :)

I don't see pure findom working on a token based site at all. At least, not as your main shtick. Token based sites are usually pretty vanilla, and typically seem to thrive based on building a little community with your brand. The number of fetish people who find you on a token based site is going to be far lower than vanilla customers, and out of THOSE fetish customers, the number of people who actually want financial domination is going to be even rarer. With most token based sites, you want to keep the insulting of your members in the private-show sphere because a) most people don't have a humiliation kink and therefore won't appreciate the insults and b) those who do enjoy the humiliation are now getting it for free! Keeping things private means those who want to participate in the kink can do so, after they have earned (i.e. paid for) the privilege, and those who don't share the niche kink aren't alienated from being potential tippers.

Doing financial domination is definitely not as easy as demanding money, and honestly, because it is SUCH a small niche, it will probably be a turn off for a majority of members. If you want to play with femdom, you're not really going to make money purely as a financial domme. You would want to head to a private site like SM AND you'd want to educate yourself on the plethora of common fetishes and kinks that you are more likely encounter. Out of any ten given fetish show, you'll be lucky if one of them is financial domination based. The other nine will be a myriad of joi or sph or cei or foot fetish or anything else you can think of.

While I have seen other femdomme's rock out on token based sites like Chaturbate or MFC, they usually honestly bring a lot of their own traffic after having established themselves in the online world, whether it be through clips or private shows. They have a solid established reputation, and so subs recognize them and come to the sites they are working on. I've never seen a brand new domme succeed on a token site purely as a findomme, and especially without being more established first (not that it hasn't happened or couldn't happen, just that it is probably super duper rare). Private-based sites are honestly where femdomme's tend to thrive the best, both new and established alike!

But if you've decided that fetish/femdom work isn't for you, then you can definitely still find success as a different persona! Just wipe the slate clean and do a complete fresh start! This time, with a little more experience under your belt, you can hopefully look ahead and determine what sort of cam persona is actually right for you. What sort of persona are you comfortable with playing? What are your rules and boundaries? What can you bring to your shows that will attract tippers and build regulars? Now that you know a little more about what to expect from a token based site, and your own personal comfort levels, you will hopefully be able to be a little more yourself & hopefully find things a little easier the second time around!

I like the sexy outfits but not the whole fetish/culture thing.
Most girls on mfc that do it are Euro and way down at the bottom of the page.
If there were girls that dressed like that but didn't do the whole -yes mistress- thing,that would be cool with me

Trying not to repeat all the great advice already given; findomme is a subset of a niche so can't see it ever working big on a a "mass market"site like CB. I'd have thought though that a new ID and references to findomme and domme (e.g. as #tags) in your room headline or bio so guys know its an option would work. That way if asked you can put your experience to work, but otherwise focus on a more regular show.

2 caveats. Some guys try to play aspiring dommes by calling themselves say paypig69, sugahdaddy,etc. then try to hustle models for free shit. And I understand being a domme can require quite a strong stomach because of what subs can get up to c2c

just my 2cents... I'd go for the new account rebrand. I watch new girls a lot on both cb & mfc. If a girl is acting like a bitch, i hide her nic never to be seen again. The rebrand would at least negate that and give you a fighting chance to show the real you. good luck.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Sooo... there were a few days when I was trying out findomming on chaturbate, and i was basically ordering people around, calling them piggies/walletslaves and such, and just point blank being an attitudey little bitch.

To be honest, i would have loved to see that and the reaction of the crowd :D Not sure if this has been tried many times before on a site like cb. Could have been pure brilliance to see that. :D

But yeah, delete the account, make a new one on cb and start over.

Reactions: AerynShade
Fuck, I'm so sorry but right now I just can't stop laughing of the thought of how this must have been on cb calling every guy in the room a walletslave and such. :rofl::lipssealed:

Status
Not open for further replies.