AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I would normally post something like this in Models Only

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
...but maybe some of you guys need to read this, because perhaps you may just be unaware...
(and I know that the majority of u lovely men here on ACF already know this, but for the few who don't...)
Chatting with me about doing a skype show for 45 mins, getting me to leave my count down show on MFC because you said that you were going to pay me $400, and then not following through after you realized that no matter how much you tried, that I still wasn't going to start the show until I saw that the payment went through on my payoneer account (thus, hustling me into giving u a free skype show); is more then just wasting my time and costing me money... IT'S ALSO QUITE CRUEL!
Especially for someone like me who has been having a super fucked up, slow ass time making anything on MFC lately; and really needing the money.
It's shit like this, that makes me want to stop offering skype shows all together. :angry4:

Sorry, just had to get that off of my chest.

Don't leave your mfc room until the payment arrives? The old adage that "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is" seems appropriate. A ~$550 per hour skype show when the 1 hour private on MFC is only going to cost them ~$220 should be a good reason to be suspicious... that is until the payment arrives.

Not the sort of comment you want, but honestly it sounds like you need to refine how you offer things.
Either that, or take payment via tokens on MFC. That way you don't miss and everyone contributing/watching countdown won't moan (no matter how much you tell them why you're going I'm sure some will moan :D ) as they can see it (the tip for Skype). Of course, I am assuming the guy doesn't have an MFC account so that may not have been a solution, but it's cheap to get one (free infact! :D ) and he'd make savings.

Again, I understand your posting not for advice but to just vent - however, this sort of issue has been talked about for years - members who ask insistently about various things, but then never actually follow through on them (tipping/paying for various things). I can only assume the sum of money made you weigh up the risk/reward differently.

well it was more then I normally charge for skype, because I agreed to also do a custom video, and accommodation to a certain fetish that is only fair to charge extra for. and also for agreeing to skype with him right then. And he did have a premium account. Really, though all the red flags where right there in front of me. I did see them, but in the hopes of making much needed money, I gave it a shot. All well.
I think I'm only going to accept skype for trusted members only from now on.

trotskyleon said:
name and shame said member?
Well, I'm thinking about outing him... I don't want to act to hastily. I'd feel like a real douche bag if there was some reasonable explanation for why he just went offline all of the sudden... but I'm probably just wishful thinking.

HobNobbies said:
trotskyleon said:

If this person changes his name as often as I do, then it's not going to do much good, just saying.

Ah, but if Poker_Babe keeps people updated on whatever his current name is...
If 100 models proactively ban him now, it doesn't matter what he changes his name to in the future, he'll still be banned.

emptiedglass said:
HobNobbies said:
trotskyleon said:

If this person changes his name as often as I do, then it's not going to do much good, just saying.

Ah, but if Poker_Babe keeps people updated on whatever his current name is...
If 100 models proactively ban him now, it doesn't matter what he changes his name to in the future, he'll still be banned.
Added him to my black list page on my blog "The Camgirl Report".

Sorry to hear that, PB. *HUGS* Are you saying that A) you spent 45 minutes chatting with the jizzbag about a Skype show? Or that B) he claimed he wanted a 45-minute Skype show? If it's A, that asshole took up a lot of your time getting you all hyped up about a show he never intended to pay for. From now on, when someone claims they're gonna send you x dollars for a show, just smile and say "Okay, we'll do it as soon as you pay," and try not to get yourself too hyped up about it yet. As the saying goes...I'll believe it when I see it.

I've decided that if MFC members want Skype time with me, they're gonna have to pay for it via my profile on CamModelDirectory. After all, that is the reason that I'm on CMD...to make money via Skype sessions. They'll have to either pay that way, or they'll have to be lucky enough to win an MFC raffle.

You know now, for future reference, to never log off MFC just because some prick says he's gonna send you money for a Skype show. It kinda reminds me of when guys on Streamate tell a model to end her Gold show countdown, because he wants to take her private right now. Then the model ends her countdown for him, and the dude never does take her private.

In fact, don't even bother logging in to Skype until he's paid. Or if you do log into Skype before he's paid, give him like 5 minutes - 10 minutes MAX - to send the money. And don't fall for that "Can I get a quick preview of your cam on Skype before I pay?" line.

It is hard indeed to walk the fine line between protecting yourself from douchebags and giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I admire the world-view you have which allowed you to be taken advantage of like that, and lament that douchebags destroy such world-views all too often.

I have done the same thing, and probably will again.

Awe I'm sorry Poker Babe. :/ That's one reason I don't do skypes- along with I just plain don't like them. That's just awful he would do that, he deserves to be blacklisted.

Honestly, I Love skype shows, and here's a story from another side (no...I wasn't the person the OP was refering to)

A few weeks ago I talked to a girl about a skype "yes, I can do it right now...." then lo and behold..she can't...rl happens...I understand. What I don't understand is when I send weekly reminders and I get told "when I'm ready"...and then she doesn't log in since the end of April...well...I probably won't be indulging in too many (any) shows myself..

Reactions: Poker_Babe
I don't really see the appeal of Skype shows from either perspective.

If you're a model it means you're taken away from MFC (or whichever site you work on) and you risk losing custom. It means that you eliminate the possibility of extra tokens being made from members spying on the show. If you're accepting payment methods other than tokens, then a) you don't get any of the camscore benefits and b) you're far, far more likely to be ripped off. Also, you risk potential stalkers getting ahold of your ISP and using it to track you down.

If you're a member, you don't get the benefit of having the show added to your archives for additional fappage in the future. The show is paid for upfront so if the model isn't holding up her end of the bargain, you don't have the option of exiting the show and saving your money. And you run the same risks as models do in regards to being ripped off and having your privacy compromised. :twocents-02cents:

To give a better understanding of how it went, here is the chat log.
The text highlighted in red marks every time I notice a red flag, and what went through my mind.

A_Poker_Babe: what would u like to do in skype sweetie?
bobdylan78: you up for anal hun?
A_Poker_Babe: why yes
A_Poker_Babe: lol I am
bobdylan78: what methods of payment you take
{First Red Flag, I already posted the link to my skype info page in public chat when he first asked about skype. But hey, maybe he just didn't get a chance to read it yet, because I PMed him too quickly after posting it. So I'll go a head and send it again}

A_Poker_Babe: http://pokerscamshowinfo.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_21.html
A_Poker_Babe: or the equivalent of those prices via mfc tokens also...
bobdylan78: thats fair
bobdylan78: would you be up for 30 min cum show with anal and [fetish redacted] if l pay $150
A_Poker_Babe: sure
A_Poker_Babe: just let me know when u sent the payment threw and tell me ur skype name
bobdylan78: you done [fetish redated] shows before hun?
A_Poker_Babe: yes i have
A_Poker_Babe: a couple times
bobdylan78: how did you do it hun?
{Second red flag, this is usually how it starts for guys just looking for jerk off material. But maybe he just wants to know how I plan on doing things. Maybe he's interested in possibly trying something new.}

A_Poker_Babe: [Answer redacted]
bobdylan78: would you be up for [fetish redacted] and [second fetish redacted] for extra
A_Poker_Babe: how much extra???
bobdylan78: $250?
A_Poker_Babe: yupper... I can do that
bobdylan78: you done it before?
A_Poker_Babe: nope... this will be my first... u will be popping my cherry lol
bobdylan78: nice well if you enjoy doing naughty shows we can definatly do more soon too
{Third red flag, I've heard this same line from time wasters before. But I've also heard this once or twice from guys that actually followed through as well.}

A_Poker_Babe: awesome
bobdylan78: send your paypal info
{Fourth red flag, I've sent the link twice now, which specifically states that I do not accept pay pal. Plus, it's also a common hustle for scumbags to cancel payment on paypal and take their money back after the show. But, again maybe with all this chatting back in fourth, he just hasn't had the chance to read it yet.}

A_Poker_Babe: I only do payoneer, because paypal shut me down and took my money here's the link to payoneer
A_Poker_Babe: https://load.payoneer.com/LoadToPage.aspx?email=pokerbabe1982@hotmail.com
bobdylan78: i can do payoneer
A_Poker_Babe: awesome
bobdylan78: so $250 fair for everything
A_Poker_Babe: yes indeed
A_Poker_Babe: let me know when u send it
bobdylan78: thats fine, i dont mind sending the $250 upfront for show, but ive had problems with some of the models skypes can we just check we get a connection quickly
{Fifth red flag, wants me to log on to skype and leave my room before making payment. But shit, I've been on MFC for two hours now with a count down from only 1000 tokens and haven't even made it to the halfway mark yet. I really should have logged off by now anyways for not reaching my goal in time, and I really do need this money.}

A_Poker_Babe: yes I was going to switch to my laptop and go in another room
A_Poker_Babe: give me one sec
bobdylan78: ok
A_Poker_Babe: what's ur skype name???
bobdylan78: roninn113

After logging into skype, he asked if I could also make him a video doing the same thing I had agreed to do in skype. when all was said and done, we had agreed to $400 up front to my payoneer account, and that I would start the show after I saw that the payment went through, and that I would have his video ready for him the following evening. Then all of the sudden, my laptop dies. (I had for got to plug it in, and the battery ran down.) So I quickly log back into skype to apologize, but he has logged out. I also send him a email via MFC explaining what happened. I remain logged in to skype and mfc in case he tries to get in touch with me. But he never logs back in. I checked my out going mail on MFC, and it says that the message is still unread.

mynameisbob84 said:

If you're a model it means you're taken away from MFC (or whichever site you work on) and you risk losing custom. It means that you eliminate the possibility of extra tokens being made from members spying on the show. If you're accepting payment methods other than tokens, then a) you don't get any of the camscore benefits and b) you're far, far more likely to be ripped off. Also, you risk potential stalkers getting ahold of your ISP and using it to track you down.

If you're a member, you don't get the benefit of having the show added to your archives for additional fappage in the future. The show is paid for upfront so if the model isn't holding up her end of the bargain, you don't have the option of exiting the show and saving your money. And you run the same risks as models do in regards to being ripped off and having your privacy compromised. :twocents-02cents:

I tend to agree, dont see the appeal of skype however there are some benefits.

I dont agree with stalkers and getting hold of your ISP etc. That is rather a very difficult route to stalk someone and would be no more difficult than to hack into MFC I would think. Which brings to the main benefit of Skype - you dont have MFC recording your details, private shows etc etc on their servers and database. There is really nothing stopping an employee of MFC to leak out any of your personal information or even MFC using that information to their own benefit.

Skype also allows models to boy/girl shows and to cater to other fetishes. So that would be the other main benefit.

Lastly, would be money. You receive 100% of all proceeds upfront, rather than having to wait for a pay cheque. And possibly tax benefits to (not having to declare it as income).

From a members POV, the only benefit I can see is maybe a more personal experience as well as of course being able to cater to our fetish.

Camscore is a moot point. You should only be worried about your camscore if its really high (and thus you want to maintain or improve on it). Otherwise it makes no sense in worrying about it if low. The main purpose is to make money.

trotskyleon said:
I tend to agree, dont see the appeal of skype however there are some benefits.

I dont agree with stalkers and getting hold of your ISP etc. That is rather a very difficult route to stalk someone and would be no more difficult than to hack into MFC I would think. Which brings to the main benefit of Skype - you dont have MFC recording your details, private shows etc etc on their servers and database. There is really nothing stopping an employee of MFC to leak out any of your personal information or even MFC using that information to their own benefit.

Skype also allows models to boy/girl shows and to cater to other fetishes. So that would be the other main benefit.

Lastly, would be money. You receive 100% of all proceeds upfront, rather than having to wait for a pay cheque. And possibly tax benefits to (not having to declare it as income).

From a members POV, the only benefit I can see is maybe a more personal experience as well as of course being able to cater to our fetish.

Camscore is a moot point. You should only be worried about your camscore if its really high (and thus you want to maintain or improve on it). Otherwise it makes no sense in worrying about it if low. The main purpose is to make money.

There's a lot stopping MFC employees from just brazenly giving out people's personal info. Number one, any employee doing that would likely be fired as soon as they were caught. There are also laws in place that protect the privacy of both customers and performers. MFC would face severe civil and criminal liabilty if they didn't make every possible effort to keep private information secure, or to make sure that their employees understand the importance of doing so.

Even abusing the *private* show archives really wouldn't be in MFC's best interests.

Camscore is a lot more important than most people might think. Keep in mind that the default setting (which a lot of people don't bother to change) is to display models ranked by camscore from high to low. These members will often click on the first model that catches their eye... and unless they've changed the default settings, they'll never see, or let alone tip, many of the girls beyond the first page.

Ahh crapsticks PB. I hope he comes back to you with a perfectly reasonable explanation. In the meantime, lessons learnt. I've had Skype go bad just once. Well I thought it went bad. Amazon card took ages to arrive, I was getting antsy. He sent me a small amount of tokens as good will. I went ahead and did the show, telling him I wish a pox on all his houses if he was ripping me off. Halfway through he suddenly disappears. I went to sleep angry at myself. Sent him a nasty email. Next morning the amazon card was in my inbox, with another with a note apologising because his housemate came home blah blah. Despite a rough beginning he is now a lovely reg. so yeah, there can be exceptions, but you really ought to follow some hard rules to avoid the angst.

Personally, I love Skype shows and prefer them over Privates. I genuinely enjoy the intimate feel and the opportunity to chat before and after, without the pressure of the ticking token whatsit. I only do them with regulars, people who I know have watched and enjoyed me in my room, understand my style. I will switch to a Skype at the end of my night on cam. I very very rarely do a public cumshow, so this enables me to find my relief, the way I want to. I also like hanging out, watching MFC together, telling yarns and browsing YouTube etc

Amazon and Payoneer payments are lucrative for me, but of course my camscore doesn't reflect that. I do appreciate that my Skype friends still tip me modestly in my room as well.

Everyone is different. That is what makes MFC and camming so cool.

emptiedglass said:
Camscore is a lot more important than most people might think. Keep in mind that the default setting (which a lot of people don't bother to change) is to display models ranked by camscore from high to low. These members will often click on the first model that catches their eye... and unless they've changed the default settings, they'll never see, or let alone tip, many of the girls beyond the first page.

But if your camscore is already low, you wont be on the first page. So worrying about your camscore is pointless. You would rather just focus on making money (skype shows, selling stuff etc etc, gaining exposure in other ways - twitter, facebook etc etc).

trotskyleon said:
emptiedglass said:

But if your camscore is already low, you wont be on the first page. So worrying about your camscore is pointless. You would rather just focus on making money (skype shows, selling stuff etc etc, gaining exposure in other ways - twitter, facebook etc etc).

Since camscore tends to have an effect on how much is made, saying that worrying about it is pointless and that the focus should be on making money feels a bit silly. The two go hand in hand - more money is made, camscore goes up; camscore goes up, more money is made. Regardless of where it is, every model thinks/worries about it at least a little.

I honestly couldn't say if higher or lower ranked models worry more. For higher camscores, a dip in score can mean a severe cut in income due to less room traffic. For lower camscores, clawing your way up to a place where you can make "decent" money can be stressful.

MFC tells new models to ignore camscore, which is both helpful and not - it shouldn't be a huge focus at first, as that "new model" tag is helpful in attracting folks looking for a new girl, but completely ignoring it often encourages girls to stay online for extended amounts of time with little to no tips, lowering their camscore to the point that it's very difficult to make money.

mynameisbob84 said:

I have only ever had one Skype experience, other than a few online interviews, and that was last night. But I think MsAlly just touched on the huge advantage a skype has over a private, - the two way verbal communication. I don't do well verbally I think because my tone reflects my uneasiness/shyness/lack of confidence, but I will deal with that, over the awkwardness I feel by the lack of my typing skills. I don't feel at a great disadvantage when my side of the conversation is part of 4or5 others, but when things are one on one I feel like the other person has to be thinking WTF wake me when you send.

a further advantage skype can have, is that almost 100% of the $ gets from member to Model, if the Model is willing to take Payoneer or some other form of payment. This can have the advantage of the Model getting more for her time, and potentially the member getting more for his $ too, if the extra $ is split between Model and Member.

I am sure there are also disadvantages to it or any other alternative to MFC, but such is life, - just have to weigh the good against the bad and try to be careful. I do think Skype is probably best suited for close Model/member relations, so there is little chance of any BS happening.

Reactions: MsAllyCat
trotskyleon said:

You're right about the main purpose being to make money, but I still think a model should care a little bit about her cam score...whether it's "really high" or not. Sure, some models might say "Fuck my cam score" and decide to do 6 hours straight on MFC no matter what. Hopefully, a long shift like that will result in her making a good amount of money. But if she did a long shift like that and couldn't even complete her 1,000 token topless goal, then that means she just did a 6-hour shift for - drumroll, please - less than $50. :? No disrespect to the models who are happy with this amount in 6 hours, but some of us would be pissed about those results and probably thinking "Dammit, I should've logged early and got on Streamate (or another site) instead." LOL.

I don't have what's considered a really high cam score, but I do care about my cam score...as I should. I didn't really care about it 2 years ago, and as a result it hung around in the 400s. I do care about it now - without obsessing over it - and it's 3000+.

yummybrownfox said:
"Dammit, I should've logged early and got on Streamate (or another site) instead."

Oops! That should say "logged off early..."

trotsky, when we give warnings that things will happen, it's because it's already happened to a lot of girls.

Many of us have helpful guys with a tiny bit of computer knowledge who look into the safety of various things. Now, I'm not going to go saying exactly how it's done, but know this- models who have no computer skills beyond those necessary to cam, forum, and social media (reddit, twitter, facebook) were able to discover the model's ip address in a process involving the fact that the model used skype within the past 3 months. It is RIDICULOUSLY easy to get the model's ip address. Now, as to which ip address was found, that depends on the model's isp. Many main isp's already have the protections on there that are necessary. Many of the local ones don't, and if they do, it costs extra. (by local I mean the ones that only serve one or two states)

Models, remember- don't tell anyone your skype name unless you ONLY use that name through a VPN!

This is why you don't log off MFC at all until payment has been made....or hell, why even talk about the Skype show for 45 mins at all? It takes no more than 5 minutes to discuss -

"hey bb, you do skype?"
"yes"
"will you do x, y or z in skype?"
"yes/no"
"what payment methods?"
"a, b or c"
"ok bb, paying now"

Anyone who keeps talking about a Skype for that long usually isn't interested at all and just wants to whack off to the IDEA of skyping with you, and from hearing you talk about all of the things you'll do in the skype session. And him asking for a preview to verify cam quality is just BS...I never give previews, ever. Maybe I'm just a hardass bitch though lol.

Sorry this happened to you, but I guess these are lessons we all learned at some point.

trotskyleon said:
But if your camscore is already low, you wont be on the first page. So worrying about your camscore is pointless.

I don't think it's pointless. A low cam score model could always try to get it up (no pun intended...LOL) if she's determined to make MFC work for her. If I thought the same way as you 2 years ago, my cam score might still be in the 400s. In fact, I remember saying that if I didn't get my cam score up by my birthday, I was gonna quit MFC...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.