AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ID documents submission for webcam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2017
Hi guys,
I need your advise. I'm considering signing up with Streamate and maybe one other webcam site but I'm being told I have to submit I copy of my ID and also a picture of me holding my ID. Now based on the contents of Webcaming I can understand why ID is required however I feel so scared and vulnerable about submitting my passport info online with all my personal info, photo ,signature and all. I'm worried about identity theft and i'm also paranoid to the part where I wonder if my Canadian citizenship can be revoked if working with an adult site of this nature using my Canadian passport for ID submission. Like I said, I'm probably just paranoid but can anyone give a statement on this? Please!!

Submitting ID like this is the only way cam sites can verify you are who you say you are, and that you're of legal age to work on an adult site. Camming is a legal job in Canada, there is no losing citizenship over it. If you're submitting it to a trustworthy cam site like Streamate, you upload it onto a secure page and only admins see it.

You've gotta make that leap if you want to get into camming.

I honestly would be weirded out if they didn't ask for your ID. That'd be super sketchy. It's normal and like Amber said, unless you submit identification, you can't work on a site.

I'm not a model, however. I can assure you that it's a standard practice for online industries to secure and protect their workers, especially when they are remotely located. Given my experience, it is also used with mainstream. I hope it helps.

Thank you guys!! All your responses have been very reassuring. I feel more at ease. I think i'm going to complete my submission today. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.