AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ideas 4 positive movie about cam models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2018
Hey all! Just joined!

So I'm writing a movie about the webcam industry and I really want it to be truthful and life-like (as much as movie can be anyway... ha)-- all about ambitious female entrepreneurs. I haven't seen a good movie made yet and think it could be really interesting to people, especially for audiences who don't know much about it. (And just so you know, I went to film school and have written/produced movies before so it'll be a real thing!)

So if anyone here feels generous enough to offer some opinions or ideas that will help make a better movie, I'd really appreciate your thoughts! Feel free to reply to this thread about any of the topics below, or just send me a message if want to hear/ask more about it and maybe would be willing to have a chat.

1. What aspects of the business do you think are most important to show in a movie?
2. What types of scenes just have to be in the movie... things that all cam models will relate to?
3. What's the hardest part about the job that would make for good drama?
4. What's something most people won't expect about cam models and their job?
5. What's the best moment you've had as a model?

Thanks for reading!

just an opinion but i believe if you want to accurately depict camming is to maybe cam for a 4 months? then you'll be able to have a lot of first hand perspective to refernce in your movie. also immersing yourself you will learn a lot more about cammodels other than forum posts and observations. could be used for marketing.

It's a great point. I've been thinking about it...

just an opinion but i believe if you want to accurately depict camming is to maybe cam for a 4 months? then you'll be able to have a lot of first hand perspective to refernce in your movie. also immersing yourself you will learn a lot more about cammodels other than forum posts and observations. could be used for marketing.

I agree with AudriTwo, but honestly feel like it should be more than 4 months. I think 6 is a good number, and maybe try to make it from the perspective of someone trying to go into full time camming. You won't properly know what it's like until then.

I'm going to answer 2 in my experience, and what I've heard from others because even with 6 months you won't hear about all this montage material (not much drama, but definitely montage or at last short scenes of a baby camgirl growing up)

• Learning how to reposition the camera due to how much their neck hurts from doggystyle and ass fetish shows while trying to read what the member is typing.
  • How to deal with members who think you should have every prop and type of fuck buddy (of every physical feature) tucked away into your closet.
  • Learning how to say no to requests without sounding rude.
  • Have them do a camathon of at least 12 hours (I've done a couple of 12 hours and two 24 hours in my lil over 5 years). It happens when you desperately need money for something last minute. Yay you can make that drama too!
  • Dealing with guys who say their wives or girlfriends are in the next room, or guys at work in their office.
  • Taxes as a cam model.
  • Being extremely self conscious about dirty talk and jerk off instruction for a looooong time.
  • Dealing with people thinking they don't have a real job, and people in their life wanting them to pay for everything. (This actually could be a drama part)
  • Seeing something gross on cam that brain bleach cannot scrub out.
  • Coding, gif making, video compressing, etc...
  • Being self-conscious of their body, and things like dancing.
  • Feeling like they have to take 50 photos before finally getting one that'll "do"
  • Learning how to make their own videos, and how much effort it is.
  • Not wanting to do skype or phone sex due to phone anxiety, then slowly getting used to it when they need more income. Later finding they actually enjoys it.
  • Have them post on AFC after being banned from Chaturbate.
  • Not having the right outfits so they have to makeshift outfits till they can afford better costumes.
  • First time mailing something, and the steps to go through to make sure they doesn't show their address and worry that the package may get opened by the wrong person.
  • Having to take a second job during the slow summer season because you learn that it takes a looong time to get established enough to easily make it through the summer without a second job
  • Have fun with roleplays like giantess fetish. Have the model shown "punishing" Christmas miniatures or eating gummy bears.
  • Going from being afraid to hurt someone's feeling to loving to do verbal humiliation shows.
  • Learning how to make a yawn not look like a yawn so to not let the member think they are boring you.
  • Finally realizing that you've earned enough to not only afford a good residence, but have a nest egg as well.

Last edited:
This is all so great, thank you for putting in the time and writing all that!

I love the details of the hard work that no one thinks about-- the literal "pain in the neck" that reading can cause (ha), taxes, gif making, marathons taking countless photos, etc. And then the deeper stuff too, like all the anxiety and self-consciousness that's so universal to everyone.

Can I ask a follow up? No worries if you don't get to it. But what do you think is a realistic time frame for a model first starting out until she's making money and it's all become second nature and full time? The six months like you said? If you were writing a movie like this, how long do you think would take for that learning change and transformation into a professional?

Thanks again for all the ideas!

I agree with AudriTwo, but honestly feel like it should be more than 4 months. I think 6 is a good number, and maybe try to make it from the perspective of someone trying to go into full time camming. You won't properly know what it's like until then.

I'm going to answer 2 in my experience, and what I've heard from others because even with 6 months you won't hear about all this montage material (not much drama, but definitely montage or at last short scenes of a baby camgirl growing up)

• Learning how to reposition the camera due to how much their neck hurts from doggystyle and ass fetish shows while trying to read what the member is typing.
  • How to deal with members who think you should have every prop and type of fuck buddy (of every physical feature) tucked away into your closet.
  • Learning how to say no to requests without sounding rude.
  • Have them do a camathon of at least 12 hours (I've done a couple of 12 hours and two 24 hours in my lil over 5 years). It happens when you desperately need money for something last minute. Yay you can make that drama too!
  • Dealing with guys who say their wives or girlfriends are in the next room, or guys at work in their office.
  • Taxes as a cam model.
  • Being extremely self conscious about dirty talk and jerk off instruction for a looooong time.
  • Dealing with people thinking they don't have a real job, and people in their life wanting them to pay for everything. (This actually could be a drama part)
  • Seeing something gross on cam that brain bleach cannot scrub out.
  • Coding, gif making, video compressing, etc...
  • Being self-conscious of their body, and things like dancing.
  • Feeling like they have to take 50 photos before finally getting one that'll "do"
  • Learning how to make their own videos, and how much effort it is.
  • Not wanting to do skype or phone sex due to phone anxiety, then slowly getting used to it when they need more income. Later finding they actually enjoys it.
  • Have them post on AFC after being banned from Chaturbate.
  • Not having the right outfits so they have to makeshift outfits till they can afford better costumes.
  • First time mailing something, and the steps to go through to make sure they doesn't show their address and worry that the package may get opened by the wrong person.
  • Having to take a second job during the slow summer season because you learn that it takes a looong time to get established enough to easily make it through the summer without a second job
  • Have fun with roleplays like giantess fetish. Have the model shown "punishing" Christmas miniatures or eating gummy bears.
  • Going from being afraid to hurt someone's feeling to loving to do verbal humiliation shows.
  • Learning how to make a yawn not look like a yawn so to not let the member think they are boring you.
  • Finally realizing that you've earned enough to not only afford a good residence, but have a nest egg as well.

Can I ask a follow up? No worries if you don't get to it. But what do you think is a realistic time frame for a model first starting out until she's making money and it's all become second nature and full time? The six months like you said? If you were writing a movie like this, how long do you think would take for that learning change and transformation into a professional?

I would guess three months (though 6 months would be much safer. I can understand nobody wanting to try to cam full-time and working an online job), and to expect to have to take a second job off and on for a couple of years.

I've done editing on the side for a while, and temporarily worked at Target after moving to another state.

I didn't have 3 months when I started. I had 3 days before my ex husband texted my job that we both quit. He decided that since I was making bank, it would plenty support us. I started camming in May, knew nothing about camscore... and then the slow summer season hit. As you can imagine that equated to my camscore falling into the 400's due to working long shifts to make ends meet. At the same time though, I didn't know my ex was spending money behind my back.

Like I said. Everyone is going to have a different story. Models don't always start out on difficult mode like that. If I had a means of getting out of camming when I wasn't making enough (ei having a car and not having to rely on my abusive ex) I would have quit due to the long hours. Now that he's gone and I can easily support myself I stick with it, because it "now" is the best job I've ever had. Took a ton of work to get to that point though.

I think the aspect of camming that could be safely turned into the best legitimate drama would be a cam girl being cast out of her family for choosing to do sex work. Or harassed by someone they know IRL when they find out about camming. Or stalked by a member who gets too attached (not having to do with the cam girl agreeing to meet up or offer anything beyond a digital connection.)

In another thread we discussed how so often the drama aspect focuses on cam girls meeting up with members and it going horribly wrong. It would be great to NOT use that for once.

PLEASE don't make members cliche. Make members NORMAL people. Members can spend hundreds of dollars on models but constantly get represented as Mom's basement dwellers or crazy stalker/violent crazy people. Consider just making a member a normal person looking for entertainment. We pay the models for what entertains us then we go about our lives. Yes there are crazy's on both sides but it's such a worn out cliche like how when a character is introduced as a police officer in a movie they are either corrupt or incredibly naive and get killed.

Don't limit yourself to just female models. There are male models as well.

Yeah, that's a good point about the expectations of how quick you think it's gonna work vs. how long it actually takes to build up a camscore. Sounds like you had it particularly tough time because of your ex. But you're right, everyone's got their own version I guess. I'm sure it's taking you tons of time and effort! Congrats on your success!

I would guess three months (though 6 months would be much safer. I can understand nobody wanting to try to cam full-time and working an online job), and to expect to have to take a second job off and on for a couple of years.

I've done editing on the side for a while, and temporarily worked at Target after moving to another state.

I didn't have 3 months when I started. I had 3 days before my ex husband texted my job that we both quit. He decided that since I was making bank, it would plenty support us. I started camming in May, knew nothing about camscore... and then the slow summer season hit. As you can imagine that equated to my camscore falling into the 400's due to working long shifts to make ends meet. At the same time though, I didn't know my ex was spending money behind my back.

Like I said. Everyone is going to have a different story. Models don't always start out on difficult mode like that. If I had a means of getting out of camming when I wasn't making enough (ei having a car and not having to rely on my abusive ex) I would have quit due to the long hours. Now that he's gone and I can easily support myself I stick with it, because it "now" is the best job I've ever had. Took a ton of work to get to that point though.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Yeah, I don't want to be cliche so I'll definitely avoid that. From a writer's point of view I imagine they do that a lot because you can have actual scenes between a performer and audience as opposed to all the interactions being on screens. But it sounds like that's not too realistic and it's overdone.

When I think about creating drama, I think negative reactions from friends and family and maybe even strangers makes good sense. And yeah, the stalking potential sounds terrifying-- I'd want to make sure I found a true to life story about that.

I want to make it about female entrepreneurs building a career for themselves, so I've been searching for struggles and challenges that come out of the business sides of things. Getting some great ideas from just listening.

This forum is so great by the way! Congrats! I'm sure it gives so much value to many models. I think I'm going to be spending time on here, just reading stories to make sure I'm moving in the right direction. I'll certainly give a proper thanks to the forum!

I think the aspect of camming that could be safely turned into the best legitimate drama would be a cam girl being cast out of her family for choosing to do sex work. Or harassed by someone they know IRL when they find out about camming. Or stalked by a member who gets too attached (not having to do with the cam girl agreeing to meet up or offer anything beyond a digital connection.)

In another thread we discussed how so often the drama aspect focuses on cam girls meeting up with members and it going horribly wrong. It would be great to NOT use that for once.

Great point. I want to be honest about both sides. I'm sure so many of the cliches come from writers being lazy about going with the most obvious potential for drama. But I'm gonna try my best to create drama in other ways besides crazy members or stereotypical models.

Part of me wants to focus mostly on women, because they dominant the industry... but you're right, it's probably very valuable to look at male models as well. Thanks!

PLEASE don't make members cliche. Make members NORMAL people. Members can spend hundreds of dollars on models but constantly get represented as Mom's basement dwellers or crazy stalker/violent crazy people. Consider just making a member a normal person looking for entertainment. We pay the models for what entertains us then we go about our lives. Yes there are crazy's on both sides but it's such a worn out cliche like how when a character is introduced as a police officer in a movie they are either corrupt or incredibly naive and get killed.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu

THIS!

I think that highlighting the stigma around camming is a must. So many of these movies and documentaries play into the stigma and help further it instead of addressing how harmful it can be to the models personal life and mental health and how much of it is based in un-truths.

I agree that I think you should cam for 6 months to get the idea of what it is like. There are so many aspects of camming and a thousand different ways to approach it! The first couple months are all about practicing and honing your craft. I think it would be eye opening (even to people who do understand how much we do) to fully immerse yourself into full time camming and understand how much work it actually is and to experience the extreme highs and lows there can be.

The behind the scenes work is another one that doesn't get near enough credit or highlighted enough, IMO. The hours you spend a day creating and innovating and setting up without knowing whether it's going to be a hit or a miss. How difficult it can be to market yourself when you are constantly up against every mainstream marketing avenue silencing you, motivation to make yourself show up to work everyday, the tremendous amount of salesmanship. Learning about video editing, lighting, angles, etc. Graphic design, Coding, taxes. Everything that goes into running a successful business that happens behind the scenes and most people don't even realize we do. :)

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I think the drama has to come from the two things you mentioned.
1. That the stigma is ignorant and harmful for model's mental emotional health.
2. The challenge of all the hard work and learning curve as you first start out.

I'm more interested in the behind the scenes work than anything else-- the creativity involved, the innovating and experimenting to see what brings in money, the salesmanship. How much there is to learn and improve in order to run a successful business!

THIS!

I think that highlighting the stigma around camming is a must. So many of these movies and documentaries play into the stigma and help further it instead of addressing how harmful it can be to the models personal life and mental health and how much of it is based in un-truths.

I agree that I think you should cam for 6 months to get the idea of what it is like. There are so many aspects of camming and a thousand different ways to approach it! The first couple months are all about practicing and honing your craft. I think it would be eye opening (even to people who do understand how much we do) to fully immerse yourself into full time camming and understand how much work it actually is and to experience the extreme highs and lows there can be.

The behind the scenes work is another one that doesn't get near enough credit or highlighted enough, IMO. The hours you spend a day creating and innovating and setting up without knowing whether it's going to be a hit or a miss. How difficult it can be to market yourself when you are constantly up against every mainstream marketing avenue silencing you, motivation to make yourself show up to work everyday, the tremendous amount of salesmanship. Learning about video editing, lighting, angles, etc. Graphic design, Coding, taxes. Everything that goes into running a successful business that happens behind the scenes and most people don't even realize we do. :)

Don't limit yourself to just female models. There are male models as wel

camboys are amazing. they work 10x harder than their female counterparts because quarter of male population are either bi/gay and females tend to watch couples mf or ff. civilian dudes are constantly "giving it away for free." site afflilates also tend to market their female models more than their male so they don't get the same promotions from female.

This! Painting members as "losers" does neither party any favors. 90% of dudes I've seen on C2c have been "normal", conventionally attractive dudes in their 20's or 30's. Going to camsites is no different to some dudes than going to the strip club - with the bonus that you're actually allowed/encouraged to take your dick out and touch it.

loooollll thought I posted this a day ago but I guess not......

I agree that you should try camming and actually get a proper feel for the industry if you want to write a good film about it, otherwise you could interpret what we say in a completely incorrect way. It would be like describing green to someone who has been blind their whole life and then expecting them to mix it up using paint. I haven't got much time, but I thought this question was one I could answer:

4. What's something most people won't expect about cam models and their job?

That we're actually really ordinary people, as are most members who visit us!
Like, my boyfriend isn't sat in the background while I'm working and having an online relationship with some guy who believes we're all in a 3 way relationship. I have normal relationships and friendships like anyone else, I don't live a crazy lifestyle or stay in like a social recluse. I also don't think the majority of camgirls are high powered business women either. We're mostly just normal women doing our jobs and making a living where we can. Like much other work, that takes some creativity, organisation and dedication. Some who work extra hard and are extra talented become very successful, just like in any business, but the majority are just earning their wages. It can be a career or just an inbetween job, but it's a job all the same.

As for members: Most of my closest member friends our relationship is mostly non sexual, and while I assume the sexual attraction is there, it is often not apparent from my side. Most of my member friends have jobs and pretty normal lives. They don't believe I'm in a relationship with them or I'm going to get married to them. Obviously you do come across people with personal or mental health issues, but you do in real life too.

I'd like to see it not be too "sexy" or titilating, though I do think it would be interesting to outline the different fetishes the average cam performer becomes familiar with. It would also be good to show that there are older camgirls too, and educated ones. For financial and personal reasons, it's not just 18 year old students putting themselves through college who cam these days.

That being said, maybe we don't want the film to be a sob story about "today's economy". Hmm.

Also, I am not volunteering to be in the film. :)

not just 18 year old students putting themselves through college who cam these days.

Yep I finished college a looooooong time ago. Now I'm workin' off my student loans. Still you're right though. I could easily get a job outside of camming. In fact I have before while camming. I simply didn't enjoy them as much.

Yep I finished college a looooooong time ago. Now I'm workin' off my student loans. Still you're right though. I could easily get a job outside of camming. In fact I have before while camming. I simply didn't enjoy them as much.

i got a vanilla job with my degree and came back because i concluded im happier camming. also the money is wayyyyy better than my old job. not to mention there were always fears of cut funding which would mean i'd be the first to go since they only offered my profession part-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.