AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you have a region blocked, do you ever make exceptions?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2012
So let's say you live in California, and block all of California.

Do you ever allow someone around that block? Maybe if a member sent you an MFC mail request, and offered up a 200 token tip or something?

It came to mind today as I was watching all the action at AVN and I saw a beautiful girl in the background. After some stealthy inquiry I found out her chat name only to find out she has NV blocked.

So let's say you're that model, and you get an email from me one day, asking very politely if there was any way you would make an exception to the region block.

Is your reply simply no?
Is it something along the lines of "tip XXX amount and you're in." ?
Is it "do you frequent any models rooms I may know and can inquire about you? (referral type scenario)

How about it? Anybody ever made exceptions?

Re: If you have a region blocked, do you ever make exception

Um... I don't know, people block their area's so people from their area's do not see them. This is to stop people they know or stalkers finding them.

I don't think going to the trouble of finding a girl, then tipping her to somehow get round the block would help convince her that you're not a stalker...
Also as far as I know we can't unblock individual people from the region block. You have to have a different IP to get around it.

Reactions: Kunra9

I totally understand WHY the regions are blocked.

I have been told if a model adds you to her friend list, it allows you access to the room even if their region is blocked.

I know TJHeart has a couple of Canadian regulars even though she blocks the entire country.

I know models who have made exceptions.

However, remember that most models block regions for their own comfort and safety. Unless I already knew a model very well (such as some of my online lady friends from ACF) I would not ask them to allow me in to their chatrooms.

For myself, personally, I would likely allow members in if they asked nicely (especially if they offered a tip). But I know some models are much more stringent about safety than I am.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Kunra9

Yeah, and to me it's a totally understandable situation either way.

If she wants to be strict and allow absolutely noone, I totally understand.

Better safe than sorry.

There are a lot of nutjobs out there who will go to crazy lengths to do some scary shit.

I am a nutjob myself, just too lazy to be dangerous lol (joking though)

You're correct about the friend list thing. I know several girls that block Tx bc extended family lives here. It usually no big deal to get on the list as long as you're nice about it. Also, if you know any of her regs, having them put in a good word for ya is a good icebreaker. :thumbleft:

I do not make exceptions. The reason I have my state blocked is because even though it has a huge population, I can never be sure who people know. I live five hours from home in a huge metro area and I have still had instances of talking to a stranger only to find out that they know my dad, or uncle, or best friend from home, etc. I can't risk someone "sharing" me (taking a screen shot, having my Twitter open, or buying a video or what have you) only to have their friend say, "Oh, I know her! I went to highschool with her little brother!"

When I see someone in my room with a username referencing a geoblocked area, they are instantly banned regardless of behavior, tokens, or rewards points.

Reactions: Rebecca Buck

You could offline tip her with a request for friend add? Just don't have your profile say where you live :p

However, what you should ask is your motivation. "She's hot" - undoubtedly, as are most models. If it's just because "she's hot" then Google images and videos. You get to see it all from the "hot" one.

However, it appears the location is the deciding factor in this instance - at which point, you really have to be honest about the motivation to see them. Would you care if she hadn't blocked the state (as in the fact she blocked the state is what makes you want to visit her room as its something you cannot do) or is it the fact that she's "local" to you that drives the desire.

If it's the latter, best to just leave it all alone because that is creepy.
Then again, I'd imagine that sort of behaviour is what leads to huge tips. Guys fantasising about the idea that this is a girl they really could meet and are trying to get to know her/get her to like them ;)

So if you're hoping to perve then view her profile cache and search for videos/images and fap away. If you've got some "want to get to know her cause she's hot and local and its hot cause I think perhaps..." then maybe you should just let it go eh :D Just my $0.02 as you say ("My two penneth" if you were English :D ).

Reactions: LadyLuna and Kunra9

A model told me about another model I had to see once. For some reason I could never catch her online though, even when her twitter said she was about to show up. I finally decided I was region blocked, and sent her a MFC mail. I told her I was region blocked and wondered if I could tip her for a friend add, because my model friend was saying I had to see her. I think she is the only model I ever tipped just for a friend add.

Another time I saw super cute model in the random picture gallery, and learned I was region blocked when I went to look at her profile. I told her I was region blocked, but still felt her picture needed tipping. That got me a nice thank you MFC mail, but I guess she did not want being able to watch her. Despite having a profile tag saying I am not a crazy stalker some people still do not trust me. :icon-cry:

Reactions: LadyLuna

Kunra9 said:
So let's say you live in California, and block all of California.

Do you ever allow someone around that block? Maybe if a member sent you an MFC mail request, and offered up a 200 token tip or something?

How about it? Anybody ever made exceptions?

For now I don't have any regions blocked, and hopefully I won't need to. I've had two guys who I know IRL come to my room and blurt out stuff they shouldn't have, but they didn't do it intentionally. It was a stupid mistake on their part, and I've already given them the "You CANNOT refer to me as such and such on here" speech via PM/MFC Mail. I'm gonna keep my state unblocked for now, unless I suddenly find myself being trolled by, say, my entire high school graduating class of 2000...lol.

Zoomer said:
You could offline tip her with a request for friend add? Just don't have your profile say where you live :p

However, what you should ask is your motivation. "She's hot" - undoubtedly, as are most models. If it's just because "she's hot" then Google images and videos. You get to see it all from the "hot" one.

However, it appears the location is the deciding factor in this instance - at which point, you really have to be honest about the motivation to see them. Would you care if she hadn't blocked the state (as in the fact she blocked the state is what makes you want to visit her room as its something you cannot do) or is it the fact that she's "local" to you that drives the desire.

If it's the latter, best to just leave it all alone because that is creepy.
Then again, I'd imagine that sort of behaviour is what leads to huge tips. Guys fantasising about the idea that this is a girl they really could meet and are trying to get to know her/get her to like them ;)

So if you're hoping to perve then view her profile cache and search for videos/images and fap away. If you've got some "want to get to know her cause she's hot and local and its hot cause I think perhaps..." then maybe you should just let it go eh :D Just my $0.02 as you say ("My two penneth" if you were English :D ).

Oh ya, I'm not that kinda creeper lol. I'm not asking for advice here on how to see this girl. I've already forgotten her account name in fact. It just made me think about it and thought it would be a good topic here :)

I think it would be difficult to ask a model who lives in your "region" to unblock you without it appearing stalkery (no matter how unstalkery your intentions may be). If a model has a region blocked, it's presumably because a) she doesn't want to risk people she knows in real life discovering her room and b) so that members don't get attached to her and then bump into her while she's out shopping and follow her home.
You're likely not applicable to either category but she has no way of knowing that - and the fact that you're eager enough to get into her room that you're willing to offline tip her will likely set alarm bells ringing, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

I do not block regions, because by the time I learned about such things I figured they were a waste of time. Proxies are too easy and plentiful.

If I did, there are two instances I could see unblocking someone.

1. They are a poster on here and casually remark on the forum that they are blocked, and someone else points it out to me if I don't see it myself.

2. A model friend lets me know that this one regular of hers would love to chill in my room but is hampered by the region block.

If the member himself asked... it would totally depend on the vibe I get from him. Good vibes would result in me looking for anyone who knows him. Neutral or bad vibes, would just ignore him.

Reactions: UncleThursday

I have added a few people to my friends list to get around my region block but I don't actually live in any of the states I block, so it may be a little different for me. If I don't know them already then they really aren't someone for me to worry about. I wouldn't be bothered by you asking with an offline tip as long as you have a profile picture.

Reactions: UncleThursday

I only know of a few models who had my state blocked. One from this forum, PinkiePixie. But she eventually removed my state from the block list, which I found out when I saw her on the home page and was like 'um, I never could see her profile before...'

I remember there was one girl that a lot of guys in the Lounge 1k (back when that was the high roller lounge) would link and be going gaga about, but I couldn't see her or her profile, so she had my state blocked. One of them told me her profile said she lived in Canada, though, so I just assume she has friends/family in NJ. Don't remember her name, though. IIRC the reason they were linking massively one day was because she got like a 100k tip or something.

There's a few who live relatively close, though, that don't block my state. 2 live in Philly, though one of them hasn't been on in forever.... and thankfully hasn't drunk dialed me in forever either (long story). Then there's EmmyLove/EmElite who at least used to live in Jersey according to her profile, though she removed that aspect and just lists US now. Some members were like 'why don't you meet up with her if you're in the same state?' or I assume they also meant go looking for her... Well, a few reasons.

1. I'm not crazy psycho stalker boy. :lol:
2. NJ is the most densely populated state in the US, trying to randomly figure out the region of here someone lives is going to be hard. I've even joked with Em that we could pass each other every day and I'd never know it because I'm like a foot taller than her and I'd need to be looking down. :p
3. Judging by her accent, she's at least Central or North Jersey, and I'm South. I don't often travel within the state that much to notice people. I might go to Princeton every now and then to go to the Princeton Record Exchange, but I haven't even done that in near a decade. Otherwise when I'm going through those regions, I am on the Turnpike going to NYC or further north. Or to the Oranges to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins.

Would I be adverse to meeting models who lived close by? Not if they were the ones initiating the meeting. But I see no reason to try and get the local girls who don't block my state to meet me.

UncleThursday said:
I only know of a few models who had my state blocked. One from this forum, PinkiePixie. But she eventually removed my state from the block list, which I found out when I saw her on the home page and was like 'um, I never could see her profile before...'

I remember there was one girl that a lot of guys in the Lounge 1k (back when that was the high roller lounge) would link and be going gaga about, but I couldn't see her or her profile, so she had my state blocked. One of them told me her profile said she lived in Canada, though, so I just assume she has friends/family in NJ. Don't remember her name, though. IIRC the reason they were linking massively one day was because she got like a 100k tip or something.

There's a few who live relatively close, though, that don't block my state. 2 live in Philly, though one of them hasn't been on in forever.... and thankfully hasn't drunk dialed me in forever either (long story). Then there's EmmyLove/EmElite who at least used to live in Jersey according to her profile, though she removed that aspect and just lists US now. Some members were like 'why don't you meet up with her if you're in the same state?' or I assume they also meant go looking for her... Well, a few reasons.

1. I'm not crazy psycho stalker boy. :lol:
2. NJ is the most densely populated state in the US, trying to randomly figure out the region of here someone lives is going to be hard. I've even joked with Em that we could pass each other every day and I'd never know it because I'm like a foot taller than her and I'd need to be looking down. :p
3. Judging by her accent, she's at least Central or North Jersey, and I'm South. I don't often travel within the state that much to notice people. I might go to Princeton every now and then to go to the Princeton Record Exchange, but I haven't even done that in near a decade. Otherwise when I'm going through those regions, I am on the Turnpike going to NYC or further north. Or to the Oranges to visit my aunt and uncle and cousins.

Would I be adverse to meeting models who lived close by? Not if they were the ones initiating the meeting. But I see no reason to try and get the local girls who don't block my state to meet me.

I removed state filters cause honestly, I decided that the chances of me running into someone I know - when Im not even usually in NJ - is slim to none. I dont particularly care if people I know find me - my main concern was having someone recognize me while I was out, not saying anything, and having the opportunity to stalk me. But Im only in NJ about 50% of my time generally - hopefully a lot less soon, and when I am, Im a homebody and its very rare that I go out. I dont have my main residence blocked (NY), because its a huge place, and when I do go out - Im generally surrounded by hundreds, if not thousands of people. Safety in numbers, and I always live with terrifyingly huge men. I also may or may not have mace & knives on me at most times... >_>

That said, when I did have the geoblocking on - I probably would have added someone to my friends list for a tip. But also because I didnt feel like the geoblocking was necessary, it was more of a, "well its here, might as well use it" choice. Of course not having geoblocking has come back to bite me a few times. Ive had 4 people I know in real life find me. One of which I had strong words with after he used my real name in chat, one was only a basic, so he couldnt talk in chat - but called me, one who tipped for a friend list add, then told me in PM who he was and was totally cool about it (and I was cool with him being there). Then one who watched me in PM for awhile (I wasnt doing anything sexy), before coming into main chat, complimenting me a bunch - and when I clicked on his name, saw his user icon - which was a picture of him. I immediately freaked out and signed off. He told me he tried to delete his user icon so it wouldnt freak me out - which made me even more freaked out, because Im sure he eventually would have told me it was him, but I have no idea when he would have done that. Hes the guy who has had unrealistic hopes of getting together with me for the last 9 years. We had a serious talk after that, I blocked him from my room, he hid me on his list, and he now knows that its never going to happen with us - but were still friends.

So out of the guys who have found me, only one made me consider turning back on geoblocking, but even then - he travels a ton, he could have seen me anyway. Hes 100% harmless, just creepy sometimes. Otherwise - perhaps Im being too trusting and nieve, but I really think Im okay with none. Of course that may change if I ever pick up any momentum or serious popularity.

PinkiePixi said:
Ive had 4 people I know in real life find me. One of which I had strong words with after he used my real name in chat, one was only a basic, so he couldnt talk in chat - but called me, one who tipped for a friend list add, then told me in PM who he was and was totally cool about it (and I was cool with him being there). Then one who watched me in PM for awhile (I wasnt doing anything sexy), before coming into main chat, complimenting me a bunch - and when I clicked on his name, saw his user icon - which was a picture of him. I immediately freaked out and signed off. He told me he tried to delete his user icon so it wouldnt freak me out - which made me even more freaked out, because Im sure he eventually would have told me it was him, but I have no idea when he would have done that. Hes the guy who has had unrealistic hopes of getting together with me for the last 9 years.

I don't want people who know me IRL to A) come in my room and think they'll be getting any of my content (pics and vids) for FREE or B) come in my room and slip up and blurt out stuff that's supposed to be private.

I mention A because the first IRL person who found me (that I'm aware of) asked if he could get a video for free since we have the same birthday. :roll: Yes, I'm aware that we have the same birthday. In the words of Ava Alexander.....So? You want a fucking biscuit, mate? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.