AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If You Purchased MFC....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JoleneJolene said:
BangU said:
Shaun__ said:
I would put in an escrow type account for private minimums.

I would also have a new type of show that only people who tipped an amount set by models could see, unless given specific permission by the model.

I have never liked the idea of pvt minimums. My theory..100 tokens is better than no tokens. I know many people will be upset with me on that. I think group chat actually takes care of that second idea.

When it comes to private shows, trust me, 100 tokens is not better than none. That's like a girl pulling you in the bathroom, unzipping your pants, opening her mouth just over the head then flipping you off and walking away. Maybe even kicking you in the shin on the way out. I know this is off topic but this really jumped out at me. It's not always JUST about the tokens, we like to feel appreciated and enjoyed as well. If you don't care if I enjoy myself and feel good then I don't want you anywhere near my cam room.
I would never want to work on a site run by someone who feels the way you do.

Oh and NO MEN. That would ruin MFC. Maybe a sister site with a separate page similar to how the Asian page was.

Please know: my feelings on the token minimums for pvt, will not be an enforceable rule. That will be solely left up to each individual model. But, I also will not set up a feature with this so-called "escrow" account either. Asking the member to deposit a guaranteed number of tokens before the show, to be transferred to the model regardless of time spent in the pvt. I cannot ask a member to pay a guaranteed minimum, when there is no way for said member to be guaranteed on the quality of show.

I would have no problem making the "couples" rooms on a sister page instead of them being included on the main page with the solo models. Also, I did mention that I would include the couples rooms in the search filter. I guess a final decision would be made after hearing feedback from models and members alike.

Features I would change/add (some of which are on other sites already).

~ Ability to permanently ban a member from my room, not just for 60 days. This ban would also take away their right to post messages on my profile and send MFC e-mail. Basically, they are totally cut off from contacting me.

~ Search/filter option for more specific interests like BDSM, Squirting, Anal, Roleplay, Hair Color....whatever! Models can classify themselves and members don't have to scroll through an entire profile just to find the "no anal" sign posted at the very bottom in 8pt Edwardian Script. (I have considered doing this just for shits and giggles) Also, model tags seem irrelevant. Members tags even more so.

:twocents-02cents: Banning members who didn't contribute towards a show in public chat makes absolutely no sense to me. If you don't want freeloaders then take the show to group chat where if they pay to play. I do understand the business reason behind shows in public chat though and I don't have a problem with anyone who does them. Unfortunately, freeloaders come with the "public show" territory.

I have more to add, but I'm getting sidetracked with some other things so I have to cut this short.

ComicOzzie said:
If I owned MFC, I would forbid any members names that referred to one's penis. That is all.
Best idea yet!! :thumbleft: :thumbleft: :thumbleft:

BangU said:
JoleneJolene said:
BangU said:
Shaun__ said:
I would put in an escrow type account for private minimums.

I would also have a new type of show that only people who tipped an amount set by models could see, unless given specific permission by the model.

I have never liked the idea of pvt minimums. My theory..100 tokens is better than no tokens. I know many people will be upset with me on that. I think group chat actually takes care of that second idea.

When it comes to private shows, trust me, 100 tokens is not better than none. That's like a girl pulling you in the bathroom, unzipping your pants, opening her mouth just over the head then flipping you off and walking away. Maybe even kicking you in the shin on the way out. I know this is off topic but this really jumped out at me. It's not always JUST about the tokens, we like to feel appreciated and enjoyed as well. If you don't care if I enjoy myself and feel good then I don't want you anywhere near my cam room.
I would never want to work on a site run by someone who feels the way you do.

Oh and NO MEN. That would ruin MFC. Maybe a sister site with a separate page similar to how the Asian page was.

Please know: my feelings on the token minimums for pvt, will not be an enforceable rule. That will be solely left up to each individual model. But, I also will not set up a feature with this so-called "escrow" account either. Asking the member to deposit a guaranteed number of tokens before the show, to be transferred to the model regardless of time spent in the pvt. I cannot ask a member to pay a guaranteed minimum, when there is no way for said member to be guaranteed on the quality of show.

I would have no problem making the "couples" rooms on a sister page instead of them being included on the main page with the solo models. Also, I did mention that I would include the couples rooms in the search filter. I guess a final decision would be made after hearing feedback from models and members alike.
What are your feelings on the word "epic"?

I love you, Amber. I want to cuddle with you in a snuggie. Can I come over tomorrow? Or like this weekend? Wait. Tomorrow is the weekend. Never mind.

If I owned MFC, I would definitely abuse the admin system to spy on all the privates i want, bb. Yeeeah. Get me some free shows yo!

Reactions: AmberCutie
Personally i love the whole idea of any one who hasnt tipped gets booted from a show. The model should get to set whatever amount she wants to get in, and should be able to start the show when she sees fit. Not like on streamate where you have to set a goal and countdown timer and if you dont take the show every one has to buy in again and if u cancel it you get nothing and have to start all over. The model has to actually do the show but its up to her to decide when and how long it goes for. If she decides to let it go longer she can. If it takes 2 hours to get her goal it does. Also a member can select to tip to get into the show, OR to buy something the model has offered (vids, pics, etc), OR just to tip to be nice. Ive got several tips just cause from people who didnt want in on a show, but id lose them if i didnt do the gold show. Members should be able to choose. That way if a model doesnt meet her goal she still gets the just cause tips or things bought.
I think skype shows are just fine. As long as payments are done through tokens only. I dont do them personally, but if a girl does she should be able to. Its not eating the sites bandwidth so go for it.
I feel the rules stated on the site should be enforced, not just there for show. If youre gonna set some damn rules follow them, enforce them. Period.
If youre going to have mods and people who investigate instances of fraud, etc, then they should also take note of the search functions and girls offering rule breaking things (pee shows, poop, baseball bats, men/ kids on cam, etc) should be instantly suspended. That doesnt take research and investigations, thats blatant advertising of willingness to break rules. Girls gotta go. Fine her and hope she learns her lesson, if she does it again then a ban is in order.
If someone has so many bans against them it should be looked into as to why. Theyre obviously doing something to the girls and so many of them to get so many bans from rooms, look into why and a perma ban may be in order. I know some members go from room to room trying to get banned, fuck those trolls.
As for deleting accounts i wouldnt go so far as to do that. Id do what streamate does and archive them and the model has to contact support to get it reinstated. All her stuff is still there but isnt accessible anymore to her or any one else.
I would add a rating specifically for shows. It can count into the camscore and i feel it should. Ive seen terrible horrendous shows ive tipped in for that werent worth it at all. Id like to rate that as much. The girl herself i may love, but if she gives bad actual shows then it should show that. They can be separate even like private ratings, group ratings, public tipped show ratings, etc. I think itd be a nice feature to have rather than lumping things all into one. I think models should also have a recourse for people who rate them badly. Stream for instance will take off bad ratings when they are uncalled for. I had one guy rate me 1 star because he took me private and demanded anal though i told him in public right before i wasnt doing anal that day. Thats bullshit. As long as a model does what she said she would in her show, then ratings should reflect that. I seen a girl on MFC who was against doing private shows, but some new member came in and initiated one, she accepted it and he asked for a toy. She said hang on ill get one and just pointed the cam down until his 200 tokens ran out and he was booted. She came back to public laughing about screwing him over, and making fun of him for being so dumb as to take her and not read her profile that said no privates. As a site owner this girl would be fined as fuck for screwing someone over. They guy should have maybe asked her first yes, but she could have just denied the show all the same. I never watched her again. But her very bad private ratings would show that is not a girl any one wants to take private ever.
I love the making members mods that Chatur has. It should be added to MFC. However Chaturs problem is someone can silence someone and the model cant undo it. That needs to change as ive had people silenced on accident, and one guy would just silence anyone who talked that didnt have tokens. I couldnt undo it. I couldnt undo my own silences even. Yes you could get into pissing contests, guys going from member to member demanding tips for a girl, etc. But the model chooses who make a mod and she would have to choose wisely enough with god damn common sense lol.

Reactions: LuckyShamrok
Teagan_Chase said:
I love the making members mods that Chatur has. It should be added to MFC. However Chaturs problem is someone can silence someone and the model cant undo it. That needs to change as ive had people silenced on accident, and one guy would just silence anyone who talked that didnt have tokens. I couldnt undo it. I couldnt undo my own silences even. Yes you could get into pissing contests, guys going from member to member demanding tips for a girl, etc. But the model chooses who make a mod and she would have to choose wisely enough with god damn common sense lol.

I was a mod once, and that fucking wall of non-tipping gray could not be stopped. Me and another member were doing nothing but silencing assholes, and we could not keep up with them. They posted faster than we could silence them. I do not know how models make it look so simple. Just silencing the dick emote posters was a full time job.

Shaun__ said:
Teagan_Chase said:

I was a mod once, and that fucking wall of non-tipping gray could not be stopped. Me and another member were doing nothing but silencing assholes, and we could not keep up with them. They posted faster than we could silence them. I do not know how models make it look so simple. Just silencing the dick emote posters was a full time job.

Yeah thank god now you can turn off emotes so you dont have to see them any more. Just that they posted one. And im lucky enough to even when i have 500 in my room in there its never really that bad. A few assholes here and there that need to stfu, but mostly my guys are good. Ive seen some rooms that are just terrible though. I get compliments on how well behaved my room always is.
I will say its a tough job when it all falls on the model alone, and thats why i like having mods there who help during shows. Its hard with oily hands, when youre in the shower, when youre dildoing yourself to stop and ban repeatedly.

BangU said:
HoldItNow said:
Just a quick question for the OP, would you let the models out of their pens for feeding or would you just slide their food through the bars?

I will respond to your ridiculous statement with a nonresponse. Simply to say that your statement doesn't merit a response.

But this is a response, if you wanted to emit a nonresponse you wouldn't have responded. Do you see how I got your head spinning? You didn't want to reply to me but you couldn't resist. You've fallen for my smooth-talking ways and now I'll turn you out. You'll be a good earner for me, I just know it. Don't be afraid, I won't make you do this alone. I'll pair you with Bruce, one of my top models.

At first you will feel uncomfortable performing on cam but soon enough you'll learn to like it. Then one day as Bruce turns on the camera and lifts your head ever so slightly and says, "BangU, it's time.". You will discover that you love your new life and you will work that room like no other. Because you want to please me, your new overlord.

Jupiter551 said:
HoldItNow said:
Just a quick question for the OP, would you let the models out of their pens for feeding or would you just slide their food through the bars?
We could leave the food just outside the bars but out of arms reach, and provide a hose for them to try to suck the solid food through. Would keep them slim and improve suction skills! :mrgreen:

That could lead to permanent duck-face though. Maybe if we rigged up an exercise wheel and a feeding tube?

HoldItNow said:
But this is a response, if you wanted to emit a nonresponse you wouldn't have responded. Do you see how I got your head spinning? You didn't want to reply to me but you couldn't resist. You've fallen for my smooth-talking ways and now I'll turn you out. You'll be a good earner for me, I just know it. Don't be afraid, I won't make you do this alone. I'll pair you with Bruce, one of my top models.

At first you will feel uncomfortable performing on cam but soon enough you'll learn to like it. Then one day as Bruce turns on the camera and lifts your head ever so slightly and says, "BangU, it's time.". You will discover that you love your new life and you will work that room like no other. Because you want to please me, your new overlord.

LMAO !! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Thats a perfect pimp daddy !!! What cut are you givin' him? :cat:

KittyWilde said:

~ Ability to permanently ban a member from my room, not just for 60 days. This ban would also take away their right to post messages on my profile and send MFC e-mail. Basically, they are totally cut off from contacting me.

~ Search/filter option for more specific interests like BDSM, Squirting, Anal, Roleplay, Hair Color....whatever! Models can classify themselves and members don't have to scroll through an entire profile just to find the "no anal" sign posted at the very bottom in 8pt Edwardian Script. (I have considered doing this just for shits and giggles) Also, model tags seem irrelevant. Members tags even more so.

:twocents-02cents: Banning members who didn't contribute towards a show in public chat makes absolutely no sense to me. If you don't want freeloaders then take the show to group chat where if they pay to play. I do understand the business reason behind shows in public chat though and I don't have a problem with anyone who does them. Unfortunately, freeloaders come with the "public show" territory.

Yes! Yes! And YES! :thumbleft:

KittyWilde said:

~ Search/filter option for more specific interests like BDSM, Squirting, Anal, Roleplay, Hair Color....whatever! Models can classify themselves and members don't have to scroll through an entire profile just to find the "no anal" sign posted at the very bottom in 8p.... Also, model tags seem irrelevant. Members tags even more so.

I am curious if the use of user-defined tags versus a hardcoded list of actions is intentional on the part of MFC. Just like they don't allow men on cam, don't allow closeups in public, etc. and therefore can disavow any overly explicit conduct, the lack of a list of specific sexual acts might be part of that facade.

If they have a list of acts and characteristics that explicitly include overt sexuality, it could be construed as endorsement of those things. This might have no impact in daily operations, but if Leo is ever dragged into court in, say, Florida, for an obscenity charge, liitle things like an explict list of sex acts could mean the difference between a dismissal of charges and serving 2-5 in the state pen.

Of course, the above doesn't help models who might want easy to use check boxes of likes/dislikes, such as on a dating site.

AmberCutie said:
BangU said:

What are your feelings on the word "epic"?
Why hasn't this been addressed yet? :think: Do you have something to hide on this subject, BangU?

spikyhaired said:
KittyWilde said:

~ Search/filter option for more specific interests like BDSM, Squirting, Anal, Roleplay, Hair Color....whatever! Models can classify themselves and members don't have to scroll through an entire profile just to find the "no anal" sign posted at the very bottom in 8p.... Also, model tags seem irrelevant. Members tags even more so.

I am curious if the use of user-defined tags versus a hardcoded list of actions is intentional on the part of MFC. Just like they don't allow men on cam, don't allow closeups in public, etc. and therefore can disavow any overly explicit conduct, the lack of a list of specific sexual acts might be part of that facade.

If they have a list of acts and characteristics that explicitly include overt sexuality, it could be construed as endorsement of those things. This might have no impact in daily operations, but if Leo is ever dragged into court in, say, Florida, for an obscenity charge, liitle things like an explict list of sex acts could mean the difference between a dismissal of charges and serving 2-5 in the state pen.

Of course, the above doesn't help models who might want easy to use check boxes of likes/dislikes, such as on a dating site.

Don't allow close-ups in public?? Uh, where did you hear this? The rules are no nudity or masturbation in public chat. That rule is violated every single day by hundreds of models. I doubt they are worried about close-ups. And if they were so concerned about breaking obscenity laws they would be more diligent in enforcing their rules.

If nothing else, having predefined and LEGAL categories for modes would be in the best interest of MFC so that models can't list illegal stuff like beastiality in their tags. It would make it much easier and quicker for a member to find a girl who does anal than, say, them clicking through every room asking the model.

KittyWilde said:
spikyhaired said:
KittyWilde said:

Don't allow close-ups in public?? Uh, where did you hear this? The rules are no nudity or masturbation in public chat. That rule is violated every single day by hundreds of models. I doubt they are worried about close-ups. And if they were so concerned about breaking obscenity laws they would be more diligent in enforcing their rules.
If nothing else, having predefined and LEGAL categories for modes would be in the best interest of MFC so that models can't list illegal stuff like beastiality in their tags. It would make it much easier and quicker for a member to find a girl who does anal than, say, them clicking through every room asking the model.
Not trying to be all Mr. Know-it-all, but I want to be accurate in the explanation of my understanding:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Rules_and_Guidelines#Rules_for_models lists under the Rules for Models section:
In Public Chat, sexually-explicit conduct is NOT allowed. It is impossible to define this term with perfect accuracy, but here are some examples of conduct that would not be allowed: using sex toys, genital penetration of any kind, masturbation, using the camera to "zoom" into genitalia, and other things of this sort.

At some point I came to the understanding nudity was not necessarily "sexually-explicit". To rephrase, my understanding is that simply being nude and sitting in front of a webcam during public isn't prohibited. I fully admit I could be wrong/misunderstand the intent. Plus, my quote is just from the public wiki. I realize there might be more specific rules provided to models.

Also, as you state, there a numerous acts listed in the MFC rules just above the statement I quoted that are performed in public every day.

My only point was my rumination that MFC might be choosing to avoid providing such a list for the sole reason of being able to help buttress their position of having no control over the actions that take place between models and members on MFC unless someone brings it to the attention of an MFC admin after the fact. I'm just playing a legalese Devil's Advocate with this conjecture.

Back to your original point, I complete agree MFC could make the filtering process more user-friendly. As an example, sure, a model can type "belly dancing" into a tag on her profile. If someone types "belly" into the search field on the homepage, it will list all online models with the tag "belly dancing" as well as "belly-dancing", "belly dancer", "big belly", "lick jelly off my belly", etc.

While that is useful, it doesn't help to limit the search further. If our belly dancing model has a strict no-anal policy, there is no way for the member to know that without (a) the model including it in her profile and (b) the member actually (OMG!) reading the model's profile. I think we're all well aware the average member/guest/basic just clicks into the model's room and says "castanet in azz bb?"

(Yes, I realize I'm making the horrible generalization that all belly dancers use castanets in their routines.) :naughty: :-D

And, omfg I feel like I just wrote a novella. Sorry!

tl;dr
1) I *think* nudity is not actually prohibited in public (but I don't encourage any model to risk her livelihood to test that theory).
2) The pesky voice inside my head that always looks for the weaselly, lawyer-ific, read-between-the-lines meanings thinks MFC might intentionally keep some things vague as a CYA.
3) I fully agree with the suggestions of the posters who think a better (more comprehensive) search/characteristic approach would be useful.

Reactions: AliciaLeigh
spikyhaired said:
KittyWilde said:
spikyhaired said:
KittyWilde said:

Not trying to be all Mr. Know-it-all, but I want to be accurate in the explanation of my understanding:
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Rules_and_Guidelines#Rules_for_models lists under the Rules for Models section:
In Public Chat, sexually-explicit conduct is NOT allowed. It is impossible to define this term with perfect accuracy, but here are some examples of conduct that would not be allowed: using sex toys, genital penetration of any kind, masturbation, using the camera to "zoom" into genitalia, and other things of this sort.

At some point I came to the understanding nudity was not necessarily "sexually-explicit". To rephrase, my understanding is that simply being nude and sitting in front of a webcam during public isn't prohibited. I fully admit I could be wrong/misunderstand the intent. Plus, my quote is just from the public wiki. I realize there might be more specific rules provided to models.

Also, as you state, there a numerous acts listed in the MFC rules just above the statement I quoted that are performed in public every day.

My only point was my rumination that MFC might be choosing to avoid providing such a list for the sole reason of being able to help buttress their position of having no control over the actions that take place between models and members on MFC unless someone brings it to the attention of an MFC admin after the fact. I'm just playing a legalese Devil's Advocate with this conjecture.

Back to your original point, I complete agree MFC could make the filtering process more user-friendly. As an example, sure, a model can type "belly dancing" into a tag on her profile. If someone types "belly" into the search field on the homepage, it will list all online models with the tag "belly dancing" as well as "belly-dancing", "belly dancer", "big belly", "lick jelly off my belly", etc.

While that is useful, it doesn't help to limit the search further. If our belly dancing model has a strict no-anal policy, there is no way for the member to know that without (a) the model including it in her profile and (b) the member actually (OMG!) reading the model's profile. I think we're all well aware the average member/guest/basic just clicks into the model's room and says "castanet in azz bb?"

(Yes, I realize I'm making the horrible generalization that all belly dancers use castanets in their routines.) :naughty: :-D

And, omfg I feel like I just wrote a novella. Sorry!

tl;dr
1) I *think* nudity is not actually prohibited in public (but I don't encourage any model to risk her livelihood to test that theory).
2) The pesky voice inside my head that always looks for the weaselly, lawyer-ific, read-between-the-lines meanings thinks MFC might intentionally keep some things vague as a CYA.
3) I fully agree with the suggestions of the posters who think a better (more comprehensive) search/characteristic approach would be useful.

Ah, my bad. You are correct about the nudity. Every other site I have been on has forbidden nudity in free chat and I forgot the MFC doesn't have it as a no-no.

I did think this was funny though: "We will only intervene in extraordinary circumstances dealing with illegal or highly disruptive behavior, or something that blatantly violates the rules of this website listed above."

What a joke. I have seen a girl getting her ass fisting by another girl in public chat and I'm pretty sure others have seen or participated in (either by tipping, watching, or performing) an act that violates their rules. However, they have absolutely no intention of enforcing them so you're probably right about the them existing solely for CYA purposes.

:) Kitty

KittyWilde said:
spikyhaired said:
KittyWilde said:

~ Search/filter option for more specific interests like BDSM, Squirting, Anal, Roleplay, Hair Color....whatever! .
(Lots of discussion)

I did think this was funny though: "We will only intervene in extraordinary circumstances dealing with illegal or highly disruptive behavior, or something that blatantly violates the rules of this website listed above."

What a joke.

No harm, no foul. And ROFLMFAO about the "We will only intervene" quote. I think we've all come to the conclusion that " 'Don't get caught.' shall be the whole of the law." :)

So, apart from the above digression, my refinement to some of the previously mentioned improvement ideas is based on making money for the models with an expectation the more the models make (the more members spend), the more the site owner makes from the administrative percentage. In other words, I'd always be looking for ways for members to feel good about spending and giving models options to earn. At the same time, I'd have a duty to avoid implementing options that might seem useful but would ultimately sabotage overall model earnings. (Just call me Big Brother. Or should that be Big Daddy?)

~ Model-definable member selection to start a "closed" show - This approach uses two ideas:
1) Give models in-room tools to quickly sort and filter members by criteria such as:
--a) model-entered amount of time, such as past 10 minutes, 30 minutes, hour, since 6:30 PM, etc.
--b) model-entered amount of:
----i) total token spend by member in the period (tips totaling 200 tkns or more, etc.)
----ii) all members with single tips over model-entered amount in the period (one tip of at least 100 tkns, etc.)
--c) model's friends list
--d) members model explicitly adds to the group (selected from the room list)
--e) model's defined "group" list (allow models to create persistent groups of users, such as "may raffle contestants"--a separate but complementary idea)

: The goal is to give models a list of members filtered/sort by tips (plus other model-initiated additions/subtractions to the list) in real time, not just a session total of earnings or force them to look at specific members one by one.

2) A "closed" show is a non-public show only viewable to members included by the model (as in the above filtered list), but does not charge a per-minute fee
--a) Provides a "legal" (according to site rules) option for sexually explicit shows for models not willing/able to generate revenue using group/private shows

3) Model can start the show at any time
--a) Allows the model to decide when to start versus being limited by a system-based timer

4) The show probably has a model-entered set time limit once it starts to avoid
--a) the model never returning to public and not being able to court new members
--b) members expecting to stay in a "closed" session all night for only one tip

The above is intended to provide a "legal" alternative to public shows for models who don't ever/always use MFC "group" shows but like to have countdown-based shows ("3000 til shower show", etc.). When the model is ready to start, she can quickly enter a few criteria and click the filter button to build a list of members (e.g. all members in the room having tipped at least a total of 100 tokens in the past 60 minutes). The filter can be rerun multiple times until the model gets an acceptable member list ("Hmm, regular Johnny tipped a while ago. Maybe I'll extend the filter to 70 minutes. *Click* Yep, there he is.") She then uses the list to start the closed show. Perhaps members then click on a "closed show" link (like the "group show" link--only available when activated by the model) and join the show.

Even as I type the above, a few ideas require consideration:
- Would this reduce total model earnings? For example, models who currently use MFC group shows earn every minute users are in a group show. It doesn't make sense for models to stop doing group shows (earning every minute) and start doing the described "closed" shows (only earn tips).
- Will this undercut "private" shows?
- Will this increase member dissatisfaction or provoke model/member disagreements?
- Is there an limit to the complexity and number of options at which models and members stop using the site because it is too confusing?

I *think* the above is just a method of providing market segmentation. It is analogous to how providing coupons for grocery shopping helps manufacturers make more revenue. Some people don't care about coupons and will always pay full price, but some people will always use coupons and would not have purchased the product if they could not use a coupon for a reduced price. Using coupons provides for more *total* units sold. Even if the profit margin is slightly reduced on the coupon-based purchases, it is still additional revenue that would have been missed without the coupon.

Finally, my apologies in advance if the supermarket/coupon comparison suggests an uncomfortable similarity to models being treated like "meat" by members. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
spikyhaired said:
- Would this reduce total model earnings? For example, models who currently use MFC group shows earn every minute users are in a group show. It doesn't make sense for models to stop doing group shows (earning every minute) and start doing the described "closed" shows (only earn tips).

Amber already stated somewhere around here that an average group for her she can expect about 1200 tokens, despite the members paying by the minute, so if the countdown for the show were, say, 3000 tokens, she earns more for the countdown show than the group.

- Will this undercut "private" shows?

No. Simply put, a private is between the member and the model. The show you are talking about would be more like a pre-paid group than a pre-paid private. (though pre-paid private would be AWESOME too)

- Will this increase member dissatisfaction or provoke model/member disagreements?

EVERYTHING provokes member disagreements. Including things like should a model shave or what sorts of clothes the model should wear. Don't worry about that.

- Is there an limit to the complexity and number of options at which models and members stop using the site because it is too confusing?

Possibly, but I have yet to know what that limit is. Streamate currently has three options: exclusive, which is like mfc's tru private; private, which is like mfc's group but started by one person instead of three; and gold show, which is like the situation which you are talking, a prepaid group where members have to tip a certain amount to join it, but they can tip more, and it doesn't start until the countdown has been reached (or the model clicks start it anyway when they have 90 seconds left on on the countdown timer). It's still doing really well, and doesn't even have the inbetween of a private with spies option.

I *think* the above is just a method of providing market segmentation. It is analogous to how providing coupons for grocery shopping helps manufacturers make more revenue. Some people don't care about coupons and will always pay full price, but some people will always use coupons and would not have purchased the product if they could not use a coupon for a reduced price. Using coupons provides for more *total* units sold. Even if the profit margin is slightly reduced on the coupon-based purchases, it is still additional revenue that would have been missed without the coupon.

Also true, since many models use such shows as a peak to what a member can have in the private, where it's just one-on-one.

Finally, my apologies in advance if the supermarket/coupon comparison suggests an uncomfortable similarity to models being treated like "meat" by members. :)[/quote]

Reactions: JoleneBrody
spikyhaired said:
If someone types "belly" into the search field on the homepage, it will list all online models with the tag "belly dancing" as well as "belly-dancing", "belly dancer", "big belly", "lick jelly off my belly", etc.
Lol. :lol: This made me laugh so hard! How belly dancing can go to "lick jelly off my belly."

If I purchased MFC, the whole damn site would probably go bankrupt within 2 months because of the changes made just to suit my tastes which would not be on par with what token-buying, contributing members are used to.

Everyone has their own utopian view of what the site should be. Granted changes could be made to make it better, but for whom? The members? The models? A particular segment of members/models?

Not trying to say that change is bad or cannot be mutually beneficial to both members and models, but there's always that third party to consider--the site owners. Very difficult to make changes that benefit all three parties.

Debbie Downer reality check over. Carry on..........

I had a novel idea. Maybe MFC and other sites should come up with their own Chip In like system. One that can be used on their site profiles and shared on twitter and such. They could still get a fee or cut of some sort but the members could just donate straight from their linked bank account or card and give straight to the model. The site could just charge a straight fee like 3% which is the average like paypal. The site gets their cut of money and the model gets a lil more and isnt breaking the rules at all.
Maybe though girls would stop doing shows for tips and only for the chip in amounts. Maybe to combat that Chip In type donations wont count towards cam score or something?? Hmm thered have to be some way to work it :)

Teagan_Chase said:
I had a novel idea. Maybe MFC and other sites should come up with their own Chip In like system. One that can be used on their site profiles and shared on twitter and such. They could still get a fee or cut of some sort but the members could just donate straight from their linked bank account or card and give straight to the model. The site could just charge a straight fee like 3% which is the average like paypal. The site gets their cut of money and the model gets a lil more and isnt breaking the rules at all.
Maybe though girls would stop doing shows for tips and only for the chip in amounts. Maybe to combat that Chip In type donations wont count towards cam score or something?? Hmm thered have to be some way to work it :)

It would be nice to have another chip in system [besides the sex biased Paypal] to give the girls cash without the huge cut cam sites take. On that same line, I don't see any cam site taking any kind of a "minimal" cut of the funds like the 3% nor do I see any site directly related to the industry as much of a trusted place to actually give your info to be it bank numbers or other. IMO, any kind chip-in would need to be a completely separate entity by itself, or tied to a world wide bank. to foster trust needed in financial transactions.

I suggested over 1 year ago that MFC clone "chipin" as a profile "widgit" call it TipIN and take some kind of cut.

But i think its a side of things they don't wish to get involved with ..

SoTxBob said:
Teagan_Chase said:

It would be nice to have another chip in system [besides the sex biased Paypal] to give the girls cash without the huge cut cam sites take. On that same line, I don't see any cam site taking any kind of a "minimal" cut of the funds like the 3% nor do I see any site directly related to the industry as much of a trusted place to actually give your info to be it bank numbers or other. IMO, any kind chip-in would need to be a completely separate entity by itself, or tied to a world wide bank. to foster trust needed in financial transactions.

Well if you give them your card info to buy tokens then i dont see it being a bigger deal to do the same for a widget. You wouldnt have to do routing and account numbers, just the same info you do for tokens buying. They would just use the same info they have on file for you, nothing new needed.
MFC takes roughly half of every thing you spend (depending on your package) so theyd still be getting a great amount by doing a 3% or so fee widget. And as long as it wont count towards cam score girls will still be wanting token tips. Though i guess youd probably get a huge influx of girls who dont give a shit about cam score and just do widget shows. Hmmm

I would instantly ban members who are asking for escorting services. I am frequently asked "how much would it cost to fuck you bb?" "Do you escort for £500?" "£60 for a bj?" "You want more money how about £200 for a bj?" I have lost count how many times I have said I'M NOT A PROSTITUTE! I deem camming and prostitution two very different things. If the guys are asking for escorting on a regular basis it worries me that some of the girls are actually doing escorting and getting clients from MFC. If I was Leo I wouldn't want to be linked to prostitution not that I have a problem with it just there are better sites to advertise on.

Status
Not open for further replies.