AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you were a character in a TV show/movie/book/etc...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueViolet

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2011
Would you like your character?

Would that character be interesting or funny, badass, sexy, or what? What do you think would make that character better, or what might people not like about that character? Would that character even be a main character? And would you enjoy the general plot of the story whether it was a sit-com, drama, action/adventure?

Just some things I've been thinking about. Looking at it from that that perspective has opened my eyes a bit to what things I should work on to improve myself and make my life more exciting and interesting.

The character of me would definitely be an extra if it's to be some grand story. Perhaps one with a speaking part though! I think I would like him but be frustrated at him at the same time. If I were READING of a character like myself I would consider him entirely too passive.

If it's based on my life though it could only be a situational comedy. It may be an amusing one depending on the primary characters. I imagine myself filling a role of someone along the lines of Puddy from Seinfeld if that were the case. Yeah, that seems about right.

When this episode first aired my mom turned to me and yelled "Oh my god! That's you!" I couldn't disagree with her.

I think I would be a secondary character that showed up when the main characters needed someone to help fix problems, but only after they had all kinds of wacky hijinks first.

Reactions: BlueViolet
Geordi LaForge. Blind as a bat without the aid of devices, smart, good with his hands, completely and utterly inept at talking to Dr Brahms women.

Reactions: emptiedglass
BlueViolet said:

Would that character be interesting or funny, badass, sexy, or what? What do you think would make that character better, or what might people not like about that character? Would that character even be a main character? And would you enjoy the general plot of the story whether it was a sit-com, drama, action/adventure?

Just some things I've been thinking about. Looking at it from that that perspective has opened my eyes a bit to what things I should work on to improve myself and make my life more exciting and interesting.

If I was a character, I'd be in a supporting role, I think. I'd provide comic relief and support. I would love my character and I'd enjoy the general plot!

honestly? i think i would like my character very much, it would be one of those supporting characters that you see once every few episodes. but then the writers decide they like him too and beef up his part. after a bit they go crazy and you learn all sorts of weird, horrible things about him and want to shoot the writers. of course the writers and producers decide to do a spin off sitcom at this point (ala joey) that is so poorly made that it becomes a joke in the industry.

yeah that sounds like my life lol.

fade to black, roll credits

edit: i would of course be played by either john candy or goodman. kevin smith would try out for the part but be told he doesnt look enough like the character. he gets the last laugh though. he buys the rights to the franchise and turns it into a blockbuster summer comedy

Richie Rich.

That saying 'money can't buy happiness' was coined by poor people to make themselves feel better about being poor. Meanwhile all the rich people are partying their asses off in their mansions and on their yachts. Yeah, tell me another one poor people.

Reactions: southsamurai
:think: I feel like some of you guys are not quite getting BlueViolet's question. :think:
I think she didn't ask what TV/movie/book character you'd like to be, but what you would think of a character that is exactly like yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I would be that annoying character that jumps through the screen when it's not appreciated... and laugh me ass off about it!

LilyMarie said:
:think: I feel like some of you guys are not quite getting BlueViolet's question. :think:
I think she didn't ask what TV/movie/book character you'd like to be, but what you would think of a character that is exactly like yourself. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yep, you're right. I was concentrating on the subject title and the responses more. I'll have to give this some new though.

LilyMarie said:

Yeah, thank you for mentioning that, I wasn't really asking what character you'd like to be be, but what would you think of a character that was exactly like yourself and had your personality/attitude/work ethic/etc. Even if we all placed ourselves into a scifi world, our basic personalities would remain the same, and that is what really determines what makes someone like or dislike a person or character usually.
--

I think some of the responses that understood the question were really interesting, though!

It's good that so many people say they'd like their character a lot, and I think it's interesting that most people put themselves in a supporting/secondary character role. But that makes a lot of sense, because most stories involve more than one main character or a group of characters, just like life. I like stories that have a lot of characters, but they have to be well-developed.

I think that my character would be one of those characters that people either really liked or really hated initially, but that isn't really fully developed until later on in the show/series. I think that she'd be really necessary to getting the plot moving, though and would pretty much be able to get done whatever needed to be done even if others said it wasn't possible.

She'd either be in the main character group or an obstacle in the main character's path at some point, but wouldn't be considered "good" or "bad". She'd be the type who worked for herself in terms of motivations, but might be surprisingly generous or compassionate at some point, even helping the main character. She'd have a lot of hidden talents/skills that the viewer might only be able to see such as being able to track down a person easily, translate or converse in another language, kick someone's ass with martial arts, use her femininity and acting skills to seduce, negotiate, or sneak into somewhere (distract), or even use surprising personal connections to get something.

I know I'd like her as a character, but others might find her a bit abrasive or callous or even too hedonistic or selfish. I think her character could be made better by being a little more involved with other characters and being more active in the plot instead of sitting around not doing much until needed.

I genuinely would like my character, though my flaws would be pretty visible from the get-go. I'd see myself as the main character, because I tend to dominate social situations once I'm comfortable in a group. I like that I'm clever enough for a good comeback, I address issues bluntly and without apology, and I'll make mischief if it means a good laugh. I know I've made enemies and great friends because of my personality.

On the other hand, I can be emotionally distant with others. I have an overabundance of self-confidence, arrogance, and stubbornness. I don't know how to deal when those I care about hurt my feelings, so I withdraw and spend time alone. I also tend to pacify my restlessness with unhealthy vices, I get into trouble when I drink, and I have to obsess over a problem until it's resolved. I have trouble connecting with friends on anything more than a superficial level, feel uncomfortable in unfamiliar social settings, and I get uneasy when too much of "me" is exposed. I'm pretty much the loner in the center of the action.

Gosh, I have a lot of things to work on. Thanks for the thread, it's pretty insightful.

southsamurai said:
loving this thread!

been pondering on the other side of things... what kind of character would you LIKE to be. one answer came immediately to mind: kung fu fighter in a 70s era chinese export film. bad assery to the 9th degree!

That's a really good question, too!

I think the kind of character I'd like to be would be an intergalactic space princess turned pirate or drug/weapons lord who controlled a large number of minions, who also had some seriously powerful royal family magic that manifested in badass telekenetic energy. Yup, all those space anime as a pre-teen took a serious hold on my aspirations.

Reactions: southsamurai

Yes, but needs improvement :p

My TV character would be the quiet type. That's how I am off cam and around people. I have HUGE social anxiety (I can handle camming, because I think of it more like computer prompts...yes I recognize this as unhealthy, but otherwise I probably would be completely antisocial, so meh). However, one thing about me is I don't mind confronting people...this is something that kinda takes people by surprise. If you combined the two Big Bang Theory characters Raj and Bernadette-his social anxiety, and her surprise, half-berserker confrontational moments that'd be something like me.

My character would be a badass at certain specific things, though they won't completely make sense...languages-though I have both visual (not bad, and only when tired) and auditory dyslexia (meaning I hear something like if you listened to a record being played backwards) I know ten languages at either a proficient or fluent level), mechanics even though no one taught me sh*t about it, organizing huge scenarios even though I'm really laid back, and those things usually take a lot of energy from at least one person who's somewhat high struck, but the second someone throws out something like basic mathz...I'm screwed. I'm seriously like the caricature of a person who's bad at basic mathematics.

I think I would like my character a lot...but I'm not sure everyone else would. :lol:

For instance, on Breaking Bad I like Skylar a lot and I relate to her (well...not directly, obviously, since my husband isn't a meth kingpin...) but most people HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE her characted. So. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.