AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm trying to find out some information before registering on Streamate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On streamate it's against the rules to have below the waist nudity. Customers can tip for various things from your tip menu or buzz your toy but private, exclusive and group shows are where most of the performance is.

When you say doing free stuff to be successful, do you specifically mean teasing/playing in the hope that customers will subsequently tip you? In my experience this isn't a good strategy on streamate.

Upvote 0
Both sites are good but they are very different, you should try both options to understand what you like and which style suits you best.
On Streamate you earn mainly on private chats, in a free chat you just need to chat nicely, and wait for someone to pick you up in private). MyFreeCams have more options for earning, more often they send tips for a variety of reasons - they just liked it, a beautiful smile, agreement with something or a nice chat, but less often they take it in private - more designed for public shows for tips.
MyFreeCams requires creativity, resourcefulness, energy. You can earn on lotteries , games, teasing, some funny, but sexy things.
Streamate more relaxed, but no less profitable, requires patience, and a willingness to do shows in private. Also there is a GOLD show. Which is very helpful in case the room is too quiet, and also works as your advertisement. I have several regulars who started our acquaintance with Gold show.

Upvote 0
In my experience on SM, doing more in free chat will not make more money. That is not how the site culture is, and I really enjoy that about it. I also enjoy making my earnings from one-on-one interactions, rather than entertaining a whole crowd: I personally don't have that type of energy!

It can feel like an uphill climb at first. But if you keep showing up, the right people will find you. Site ranking is very heavily reliant on your equipment, and maintaining a 5 star rating. You can read about the factors that impact placement here and here.

Upvote 0
Site ranking is very heavily reliant on your equipment, and maintaining a 5 star rating. You can read about the factors that impact placement here and here.
I haven't tried camming on SM yet, but from what I read and heard since some time ago it's also heavily reliant on location. Meaning members from your geographic area will see you first and members from i.e. USA will see American models first. Which could really affect your earning potential even with the best equipment and good rating.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried camming on SM yet, but from what I read and heard since some time ago it's also heavily reliant on location. Meaning members from your geographic area will see you first and members from i.e. USA will see American models first. Which could really affect your earning potential even with the best equipment and good rating.
I'm not sure, but I think it can be adjusted using VPN. And also if you have a good ranking you will be on the first page anyway, from any geographical position.

Upvote 0
I work on Streamate and I used to work on token sites. I earn the most on Streamate but it's different in a lot of ways.

On Streamate you will still get tipped in public chat. We have a wheel spin and a tip menu. People spend money on these things and love to tip the vibe in free chat. A big difference is that anyone can take you out of free chat and into a private show without asking you first. They just click the button and you're in a private show. Private is a group show so anyone can join the show, but it will probably clear your room when you get back to free chat. Sometimes I'm making a lot more in free chat than my private rate so that can be annoying. A lot of people will come back into your room when you appear back in free chat though.

Exclusive shows are where you make the most money and they require a lot of creativity and willingness. For me at least. Personally I get a lot of role play and fetish requests. I think this is common for streamate. I think this is the biggest appeal of the site. On a token site it's not so easy to get role play fantasies and fetish fantasies fulfilled because it's a public show. I assume all or most models get a lot of these requests, but I can only speak for myself. For me they can be mentally draining after a while because you have to improv the whole time and stay on your toes. There is also a lot of physical, one on one entertainment, which also gets tiring. I can only work a certain number of hours or I will be too sore to continue.

I love streamate. I think it offers opportunities to earn money however you choose. However, I also think about signing up for mfc sometimes so I can give my body a break from streamate a couple days a week since I have a good amount of followers on streamate who can't afford shows and just sit in my room every night tipping my vibe and buying into gold shows when I offer them, like my token site crew. And personally, I feel like talking to people too much in free chat on Streamate holds me back from earning money. Sometimes people will wait until a conversation is over to ask if I'm ready for an exclusive show but I'm ALWAYS ready for an exclusive show. No conversation is more important than that, so I feel like I could have been making money instead of talking while a polite person waited. Better to save the conversations for token sites imho.

I don't think either type of site is better, I think it's just what you prefer. Some models don't feel comfortable with the intimacy of one-on-one shows, and some models don't want to give anything away to freeloaders in a public show. I hope that's helpful.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I think it can be adjusted using VPN. And also if you have a good ranking you will be on the first page anyway, from any geographical position.
Isn't it based on documents you use for registration, so VPN wouldn't help? Like I said, I'm not sure as I'm not on Streamate, but if you could simply override it with a VPN I don't think so many models would complain about it that much. And I assume it is much more difficult to ever climb to good ranking position, when you're from a country where members don't spend much.

I'm not writing it to discourage OP or anyone else reading this thread, I do intend to finally try SM soon myself. I just think it's an important piece of information to have. I have several Polish friends who used to be fairly successful on SM for years and whose earning dropped drastically after that change in algorythm.

Upvote 0
Isn't it based on documents you use for registration, so VPN wouldn't help? Like I said, I'm not sure as I'm not on Streamate, but if you could simply override it with a VPN I don't think so many models would complain about it that much. And I assume it is much more difficult to ever climb to good ranking position, when you're from a country where members don't spend much.

I'm not writing it to discourage OP or anyone else reading this thread, I do intend to finally try SM soon myself. I just think it's an important piece of information to have. I have several Polish friends who used to be fairly successful on SM for years and whose earning dropped drastically after that change in algorythm.
Yes, you may be right. I know that before vpn could be the solution, now if there were changes then it's not an option anymore.

Upvote 0
On streamate it's against the rules to have below the waist nudity. Customers can tip for various things from your tip menu or buzz your toy but private, exclusive and group shows are where most of the performance is.

When you say doing free stuff to be successful, do you specifically mean teasing/playing in the hope that customers will subsequently tip you? In my experience this isn't a good strategy on streamate.
Yes. But now that I found out that is not allowed I'm actually relieved😁 cos I'm sick and tired of not just teasing on MFC but give things for free like showing tits, ass, pussy , finger, toying yourself to cum all in the hope that you will get tips for it , which is never the case 😢 I mean why buy the cow when u can get the milk for free?🤣 Thank you so much for all the info.I really appreciate it ! You made my day with those news about streamate😍 Do you happen to know if they accept as an independent model the payment method , Skrill account, since I have one. Thank you so much again ! I wish you lots of $$$! 😘😘😘

Upvote 0
I started out on Streamate and have been on there for a little over a year now.

I have really enjoyed it and I love how the site works. It is easy to understand. The rates are straightforward and you don't have to convert tokens etc. I also enjoy the one on one interaction. You don't have to worry about chargebacks or the like and they seem really well connected in how that they get your name out on google.

So, I can honestly say that I have had nothing but good experiences with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Reactions: Belle_dujour
Upvote 0
As far as I know, your profile location options will be based on the origin place of your ID used to register (or primary language spoken??? I really don't know, sorry). Then you are given priority placement when viewed by members in nearby locations/same language speaking countries, yes. But having the best possible equipment will give you the best possible placement regardless of your location or viewer's location. When I view the front page (not as a performer, or logged in as a member, or from a browser I use on SM at all), I see lots of performers from other locations that are not primarily English-speaking, for example. Earnings and equipment can overrule location.

I think many people are under the impression that the SM algorithm is unfair for these reasons (not implying that anyone here said this, just expanding), but I think that they are not all that different from other platforms; other than displaying the flag on the biopic so you can easily determine where someone is streaming from, unlike other platforms where you would have to find that information with more effort. SM displays that info front and center, lots of other platforms do not. It is not the algorithm that is unfair, but perhaps the availability of information lends itself to member bias more easily. I do understand why language is an important factor when members seek a provider, but the country you stream from does not necessarily dictate the languages you can speak!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.