AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

In need of a reality check

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2021
So, I fully get that there is an obvious answer here, but I need a reality check.

Ive been a member of MGF for years. I have a number of models I take private, and realize that this is a transaction and that their time is valuable. It seems like I am doing something right because whenever I log in, I get a number of models reaching out to me. And I have never held any illusions that the attention was just because I was a good customer, and that was the limit of things.

I recently joined another site, MGF, and have been talking to a few models there. It has been very similar. I am under no illusions that I am compensating the models for their time and the experience.

But, I have had a new experience with another model. She is amazing, and we have hit it off in a way that ive never seen online. We talk for hours. Literrally. I spent 5 hours with her last night, and another 3 today. Talking about everything. It doesn't feel like a game that she is running. I still tip, but she talks about me not needing to tip, and even then, the ratio of tips to messages is so out of whack. (I could afford to tip as frequently as I do normally, id be broke.) Ive explained this to her, but she keeps on chatting with me. She cant be making money with the amount of time we spend and how frequently we chat. She also seeks me out when I log on. (I figured that would be a clear sign she was sick of me if she failed to reach out, or ignored my messages.)

She talks about serious things and she says she is developing feelings for me. Not in the, hey love, ive missed you, tip me 900 for a private way, but in an actual way that isn't tied to a gift or a donation. I cant see how there is a game or a hustle being run here. She knows I dont have a lot to tip, but she doesn't care. Ive never held myself out as being the lonely millionaire. Ive been very honest. But she will spend hours talking all the same.

Is it possible that a model could be developing feeling for a client, like in beyond an online friendship way.

Again, I get that the replies might be like a 99%, you're an idiot, or a troll, of course she's not into you like that. I am ready for that, but I need to check because I am really at a loss here.

Manipulate 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

I agree with you like 99% but I dont have any, and she knows this, and hasn't gotten much from me. Once it was 5 bucks for 3 hours. And she's living a western county. (flawless English).
You may (or may not) be surprised how deep some guys can dig to find another buck, once they get hooked.
If you haven't already, please read all the threads in the sticky (https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/in-love-with-a-cam-girl-the-collection-of-threads.36372) with similar threads to your question.

You may (or may not) be surprised how deep some guys can dig to find another buck, once they get hooked.
If you haven't already, please read all the threads in the sticky (https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/in-love-with-a-cam-girl-the-collection-of-threads.36372) with similar threads to your question.
I appreciate the link. I totally get the odds. I’ve seen other models try to play me and guilt me into giving up tokens. I double checked and I haven’t spent much more on her than others, (350 on her in the last 30 days compared to 275 for my prior high month on any cam site.) There hasn’t been the random emergency bills and or the family member who needs help. She still seeks me out when I log in and we take hours of time chatting.

I am sure there is another shoe to drop here, but I can’t figure out what.

I appreciate the link. I totally get the odds. I’ve seen other models try to play me and guilt me into giving up tokens. I double checked and I haven’t spent much more on her than others, (350 on her in the last 30 days compared to 275 for my prior high month on any cam site.) There hasn’t been the random emergency bills and or the family member who needs help. She still seeks me out when I log in and we take hours of time chatting.

I am sure there is another shoe to drop here, but I can’t figure out what.
All I can suggest is to not start to wonder about her motives, and keep front and center in your mind that this should always remain a financial transaction, don't get emotionally involved.
She may well just enjoy your company as a safe and respectful visitor; sadly, there is a lot of rudeness and much more (just check out the 'WTF' thread) that models get to experience.
But doesn't mean she's growing any kind of feelings for you beyond welcoming you to the room as a pleasant regular.

All I can suggest is to not start to wonder about her motives, and keep front and center in your mind that this should always remain a financial transaction, don't get emotionally involved.
She may well just enjoy your company as a safe and respectful visitor; sadly, there is a lot of rudeness and much more (just check out the 'WTF' thread) that models get to experience.
But doesn't mean she's growing any kind of feelings for you beyond welcoming you to the room as a pleasant regular.
Thank you for the Healthy perspective

I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. Back in like 2010 I remember seeing a discussion about MGF, and it was stated that it's important for models to make the first move and talk to the guys...and get to know the guys and make them think you're really into them. Also, models get paid to respond to your messages. I've heard models say that they've had to kiss way too much ass on there to make chump change. And they were competing with other models who were selling all their content for like ridiculously dirt cheap.

Just enjoy your time with the model, and try not to get too attached to the point where you're looking up the costs of flights to go visit her. :)

Reactions: northerner32
It could be a number of things. I have regulars I enjoy evenwhen they don't tip. Sometimes friendships develop. I'm sure feelings do, too.

Question you gotta ask yourself is if it's even something you are comfortable with. It doesn't seem like it. You've been a customer on these sites for years without issue and now this one model is making things weird for you.

My reality check for you is who cares what her intent is? She's being inappropriate, blurring the lines, raising red flags, and making you question things. Time for some boundaries.

I get these messages from time to time too. It flatters me and enjoy them, but I don't and never will develop feelings for a camgirl. I had it once but never again!
Since then, I always wonder if the other members get the same messages, or if it's just some way to make me spend more. I don't like that I have to think that way, but I guess it's a way to protect myself.

Just think to yourself, if her feelings are real what will you do then? What will change for you? Do you have any plans of visiting her, getting a relationship with her? Is that even possible? There may be a big age difference, a culture difference and offline she may be a very different person than online.
There's nothing wrong with having a crush on someone, but don't lose your head!

I am always reminded of that one guy a month or so ago who thought we were all enemies of Love and was going to wherever to meet the camgirl that he was in love with.

And he has never been heard from again...

It could be a number of things. I have regulars I enjoy evenwhen they don't tip. Sometimes friendships develop. I'm sure feelings do, too.

Question you gotta ask yourself is if it's even something you are comfortable with. It doesn't seem like it. You've been a customer on these sites for years without issue and now this one model is making things weird for you.

My reality check for you is who cares what her intent is? She's being inappropriate, blurring the lines, raising red flags, and making you question things. Time for some boundaries.
im comfortable with it. Ive had boundary issues before and ended it or reset the boundaries. Im happy to keep talking. Im loving it, and it seems like she is too. She hasn't done any of the usual red flags. Its like this perfect storm of things. Its not weird. Its natural, effortless. Too good to be true.

I get these messages from time to time too. It flatters me and enjoy them, but I don't and never will develop feelings for a camgirl. I had it once but never again!
Since then, I always wonder if the other members get the same messages, or if it's just some way to make me spend more. I don't like that I have to think that way, but I guess it's a way to protect myself.

Just think to yourself, if her feelings are real what will you do then? What will change for you? Do you have any plans of visiting her, getting a relationship with her? Is that even possible? There may be a big age difference, a culture difference and offline she may be a very different person than online.
There's nothing wrong with having a crush on someone, but don't lose your head!
The geography makes anything almost impossible, but I am starting to lose my head, which is why im here.

I wouldn't get my hopes up, if I were you. Back in like 2010 I remember seeing a discussion about MGF, and it was stated that it's important for models to make the first move and talk to the guys...and get to know the guys and make them think you're really into them. Also, models get paid to respond to your messages. I've heard models say that they've had to kiss way too much ass on there to make chump change. And they were competing with other models who were selling all their content for like ridiculously dirt cheap.

Just enjoy your time with the model, and try not to get too attached to the point where you're looking up the costs of flights to go visit her. :)
Might have done that in a day dream moment. But I am not doing anything like getting a new credit card or something to pay for the tickets.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Might have done that in a day dream moment. But I am not doing anything like getting a new credit card or something to pay for the tickets.

Yeah, don't do that. Lol. And you read everything in my post, right? Specifically the part about how MyGirlFund models get paid to respond to your messages. You said you talk to her for hours. Do you mean you talk to her for hours on the MGF platform (She's getting paid for that)? Or y'all talk for hours elsewhere?

I've seen models (on other sites) get tipped, and then say to the guy "Aw, you didn't have to do that!" LOL. It's just something that some models will say to be nice. But of course they want you to do that. :p

Yeah, don't do that. Lol. And you read everything in my post, right? Specifically the part about how MyGirlFund models get paid to respond to your messages. You said you talk to her for hours. Do you mean you talk to her for hours on the MGF platform (She's getting paid for that)? Or y'all talk for hours elsewhere?

I've seen models (on other sites) get tipped, and then say to the guy "Aw, you didn't have to do that!" LOL. It's just something that some models will say to be nice. But of course they want you to do that. :p
It’s the live chat we spend hours on, which is free. Maybe they pay her, but I sure don’t for that. She’s actually refunded a tip once because it wasn’t needed.

It’s the live chat we spend hours on, which is free. Maybe they pay her, but I sure don’t for that. She’s actually refunded a tip once because it wasn’t needed.

I have no idea how live chat works on that site. But your thread claims you want a reality check, and that's what we are on here trying to give you. Anyway, regardless of what happens, just enjoy all of these moments with her. :)

Ok but this is all still super sketch to me. I have never heard of that site before today, so I have no idea how it works. She *refunded* you a tip? Do you talk ANYWHERE else besides this site? Where does she live? Just seems weird if she only talks to you on the site and hasn't taken the relationship off site if she's legit interested.

Also, this is going to sound super shallow and shitty and i sooo apologize, but can you catch the attention of someone like her in real life? Like she's not some super young barbie doll while you're a retired unfit dude who never left mom's basement or something, right? It matters only because we are questioning the validity of the attraction, not because retired unfit basement dudes can't be awesome or that beautiful sexy women don't have lovable qualities beyond the physical. The probability of an actual bond is low on both sides, though.

It's hard to give a reality check when you don't have the facts. I don't trust it. And if I were a man, I'd never date the cam model who is on my jock, know why? Cuz she's a bad business woman who is shitting where she eats and I need someone I can build an empire with, someone who will take the tip over *taking the tip* you know what I mean.

Don't get your heart broke.

I used to work MGF when I was a baby cammodel. MyGirlFund is super strict. I would say stricter than Streamate. They are the definition of exclusive. Had to use a totally different name than I would on other sites/socials. If they feel like their models are taking members offsite or giving out contact info, they will ban. No warnings, no second chances. They've banned models if a member gave them their contact info and the model didn't say report or tell member no.

Would she risk her income for a stranger on the internet? Is that realistic?

Ok but this is all still super sketch to me. I have never heard of that site before today, so I have no idea how it works. She *refunded* you a tip? Do you talk ANYWHERE else besides this site? Where does she live? Just seems weird if she only talks to you on the site and hasn't taken the relationship off site if she's legit interested.

Also, this is going to sound super shallow and shitty and i sooo apologize, but can you catch the attention of someone like her in real life? Like she's not some super young barbie doll while you're a retired unfit dude who never left mom's basement or something, right? It matters only because we are questioning the validity of the attraction, not because retired unfit basement dudes can't be awesome or that beautiful sexy women don't have lovable qualities beyond the physical. The probability of an actual bond is low on both sides, though.

It's hard to give a reality check when you don't have the facts. I don't trust it. And if I were a man, I'd never date the cam model who is on my jock, know why? Cuz she's a bad business woman who is shitting where she eats and I need someone I can build an empire with, someone who will take the tip over *taking the tip* you know what I mean.

Don't get your heart broke.
She did. I tipped randomly and she sent it back saying it wasn't needed because I wasn't asking anything of her. We continued talking for a while after that. She lives in another country but its a western country. It wouldn't be a visa/green card thing. We cant talk anywhere else, or haven't yet anyway.

You're good. She is definitely out of my league. Part of the reason im on these sites is I have zero self confidence, from lots of horrible relationships, but no im not a retired dude in the basement. Im a professional with a decent career, and I need to be outgoing and presentable for it. I need to get in better shape, but im not a slob or anything like that. The general consensus of women on these sites (huge asterisk I know) is that im above average in the looks department.

I think these conversations and posts on this forum has been rechecking reality for me. Its a nice escape, but not realistic beyond the online.

maybe she enjoys chatting but it's irresponsible what she is doing and you should definitely not feed into that behavior. it's almost guaranteed to end badly every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.