AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

IndieBill - 85% revshare, chargeback protection & automatic content delivery

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lintilla you're raising some very interesting points, I got to explain a bit how we're legally structured in order to answer.

The trick is we're not a payment service provider, we're an e-commerce website which has been structured / designed for you to sell easily.

That's why there's no need to pay $1000 annually to Visa / MasterCard to process payments with us, and that's why there's no need to be incorporated as well (which are both mandatory if you would process payments with CCBill for example).

We came up with this to make it as easy as possible to start processing payments with us (it's perfectly legal, several mainstream startups do very similar things). Unfortunately it also comes with a major drawback: it means we can only sell content which we host and deliver ourselves, or services from models who have been verified with us.

By law, if you want to sell content / services with a partner which does not have to know what you're selling exactly then it will be mandatory for you to incorporate, go through the compliance process of a classic payment service provider, pay $1000 annually and handle the day to day management of your merchant account (frauds etc.).

To my knowledge there is no adult friendly payment service provider which easily integrates with third party carts today, so I can't recommend another company which would be more adapted than us.

Once we do offer a shopping cart, would not you be interested in relying onto it to run your store? You would not really need the third party any longer, unless there's a reason I'm missing?

I wish you all a great Sunday.

Realized I didn't get around to responding to this. From your initial post I wasn't clear on whether you were a "payment method" as you put it or a content delivery site. So obviously you're moreso the latter.

I've actually worked with CCBill directly on a personal site of my own some years ago, and I hate hate hated them. I didn't need to be incorporated to work with them, is that new or just not accurate? Not so much that I disliked the unavoidable Visa/MasterCard fees, but their interface and support was not great, so I was hoping for something better. I still have a few affiliate accounts that go through them and neither of those things has improved. There are a few other options that do offer payment processing only, but none that I especially like, and for the most part they do charge those same fees. I'll stick with Bitcoin for now (no risk of chargeback there!)

I could be interested in a third party shopping cart (unsure why you refer to your service as if it wasn't one? "You would not really need the third party any longer" -- but... you're the third party here?) if it offered flexibility and functionality I wanted (I'd still also want to allow a 100% no cut to you Bitcoin option and adaptability for whatever I want that instant), but honestly I prefer to keep that in my own hands, knowing that if I want to add a feature I just need to install another module or modify/add some code on my own. And to have everything hosted on an account where I'm the only admin. I'm picky, and I'm an ex professional web dev and designer. That's not within the capabilities of everyone, so your service looks like a great option, otherwise. It's a bummer that there aren't more payment processing options for those who can manage the rest on their own. Or I guess... that more people don't adopt Bitcoin?

I'll probably give in to using another service if I do increase my clip output and feel like I can pull in the traffic (at the moment I feel that the traffic other sites provide me is worth an extra cut of my earnings). I'll still feel like I'm giving in, though. But I'm and edge case, tbh :p

Thank you @Marie Wadsworth, so very nice of you to create an account here just to share your experience of working with us :h:

A small correction about what Marie said: payouts via wire transfer are for free for most countries of the world, including USA / CA and all of Europe. Made me think that we still haven't corrected the interface, my bad.

Realized I didn't get around to responding to this. From your initial post I wasn't clear on whether you were a "payment method" as you put it or a content delivery site. So obviously you're moreso the latter.

I'd say we're both: you can process payments with us for services & content, in case of content we take care of the delivery.

What we're building if I may say is an abstraction: we want to take care of all the friction there is when selling adult content & services online so that you can truly focus on your marketing and growing your business. That's why we take care of frauds, content delivery, getting you a website / store up & running and so forth.

I've actually worked with CCBill directly on a personal site of my own some years ago, and I hate hate hated them. I didn't need to be incorporated to work with them, is that new or just not accurate?

Was CCBill powering your personal site when you were working with them? Did you have a business status like 'sole proprietorship' ?

CCBill and other payment service providers are able to offer what we offer if they want to, because in a way they are one step higher than us in the chain. Most don't, I was unaware CCBill does offer the possibility to process payments without being incorporated - if you can share some details about your former setup that'd be awesome as it'd help me to know more :)

I could be interested in a third party shopping cart (unsure why you refer to your service as if it wasn't one? "You would not really need the third party any longer" -- but... you're the third party here?) if it offered flexibility and functionality I wanted (I'd still also want to allow a 100% no cut to you Bitcoin option and adaptability for whatever I want that instant), but honestly I prefer to keep that in my own hands, knowing that if I want to add a feature I just need to install another module or modify/add some code on my own. And to have everything hosted on an account where I'm the only admin.

I guess it depends how you look at it: if we were primarily working together to process your sales but you rely on another company for your shopping cart then they're the third party in that case. We are indeed a third party when it comes to you and your customers - I may be using 'third party' in an inaccurate way though as english isn't my native language.

What we're building is going to come with APIs, we do want you to have as much control as possible: it's your business and you run it as you see fit. I'll give a more precise ETA regarding APIs after we've rolled out our new version.

We're not going to be able to offer 100% when adding Bitcoins as a payment method as we still have costs related to each and every order - but we should be relatively close to it.

You are the only admin of your account indeed, we simply power you an account - which is limited by the current state of our tech - and we don't come messing up with its management: it's yours.

I'm picky, and I'm an ex professional web dev and designer. That's not within the capabilities of everyone, so your service looks like a great option, otherwise. It's a bummer that there aren't more payment processing options for those who can manage the rest on their own.

That is awesome! I sincerely hope you'll come work with us at some point: we're building an ecosystem and with your capabilities you'll be able to make great use of it for your own business and the rest of the community.

I understand we do not currently offer enough, but I believe APIs will make you able to achieve your vision and even more: you'd be able to make money by proposing great stuff you've built to the rest of the community if you wish :)

I'll probably give in to using another service if I do increase my clip output and feel like I can pull in the traffic (at the moment I feel that the traffic other sites provide me is worth an extra cut of my earnings). I'll still feel like I'm giving in, though. But I'm and edge case, tbh :p

No problems. And please know that you can have both right now without too much effort: getting your 75 videos into your own indie store would take about 2-3 hours work on your side and you can start pulling in traffic in a lean way.

We never recommend stopping to work with clip stores: their cut is justified whenever they bring you customers, however given the lack of a better solution many models also send their own traffic to C4S etc. and for this we recommend getting your own indie store with us as it isn't much efforts.

You're not an edge case for us by the way ;) At the moment we're building solutions for models to use directly because we're just getting started. However we know that we'll never be able to build all of which the community may need. That's why our end goal is to make IndieBill a Platform as a Service so that everyone can use our tech to build great stuff on top of it relatively easily :)

Was CCBill powering your personal site when you were working with them? Did you have a business status like 'sole proprietorship' ?

CCBill and other payment service providers are able to offer what we offer if they want to, because in a way they are one step higher than us in the chain. Most don't, I was unaware CCBill does offer the possibility to process payments without being incorporated - if you can share some details about your former setup that'd be awesome as it'd help me to know more :)

Yes, it set up for a members section on my personal site. But it's been closer to a decade ago by now than not (yikes), which is why I was assuming other things have changed since then. Too long ago to remember what my business status was listed as, but I was a sole proprietor and obviously that was enough.

I would like to share an experience that happened to me yesterday and thank Indie Bill for being the only one to catch it. I had someone contact me yesterday on Skype telling me they had just joined my website (model centro) for 1 year and would be interested in purchasing my time to just chat I said no problem and sent him to my Indie Bill store he then asked if I accept gift rocket I said sure (this was my first experience with gift rocket) he sent me $100 gift card and we commenced chatting then Gerald contacted me notifying me that someone had tried to tip me and they flagged it as fraudulent I then wrote gift rocket who sent me the following reply when asked if the purchase was legit.

Yup! Looks good.

Jake Douglas
Community Manager
GiftRocket

So I continued to chat with the man as the email address was different from the one that had tried to make purchase at Indie and he proceeded to send me another $50 threw my website and another $100 Gift Card well I woke this morning to 2 emails telling me the gift cards would not be honored. Thanks god I did not provide a show for this man and did not really lose anything as I just chatted as I worked. Thanks again Indie for being the only one to catch this keep up the good work! Here is a list of the names I could attach to the guy live:earnytiltle, earnytiltle, live:connal75, connal75, live:lokituret91, live:dennisroster1, live:dennyf11

Marie Wadsworthy

Reactions: IndieBill
@Lintilla Thanks for letting me know, if they were powering your members section then yes it's not mandatory for you to be incorporated because they know and have control over what you're selling since it's going through their tech.

Thanks Marie for sharing, I'm glad we could catch it :)

We've been working closely with a C4S studio lately to power our first store with more of "C4S experience" if I may say. I believe it's pretty neat (even though not totally finished) so I wanted to share it with you all. Don't hesitate to give feedback (the good and bad as always).

Here is the link for having a look: http://wip.getindiebill.com/nomercyformen/3f2ed1d4-6b05-48e4-91ff-46449d9bc3d5/home.html

If you'd like to get such a store / full website, don't hesitate to reach out. The store itself is generated automatically so we're able to deliver fairly quickly even for large amounts of videos (on your end you can count about 1 hour work per 60 videos).

The site is responsive, the hosting is for free as always.

I wish you all a great Sunday !

Hello everyone,

We'll be attending the events in Europe this month, so if you'd like to meet us and are going either to Berlin / Amsterdam or Prague don't hesitate to reach out at support@getindiebill.com or via the live chat directly on http://go.getindiebill.com.

We'd love to talk with you, see if we can address some of your business needs and of course simply to get to know each others :)

I wish you all a great evening / night

Hello everyone!

It's a long time I haven't posted: we were attending the shows and just got back two weeks ago. We're now fully devoted to developing IndieBill again, and we've got the first improvement ready
smiley.gif

You can now create Skype Show payment pages on IndieBill. Here is an example: https://www.getindiebill.com/store/checkout/8ec5f6a2-99de-46d8-a38c-50783d9c6c0f?d=1

When creating a Skype Show payment page, you can define as many session durations as you'd like and set their prices separately. This way your customer is able to easily choose how long he'd like to spend with you.

Additionally, your customers will receive your Skype name right after purchase - and they may enter theirs. Skype names of your customers appear into the Sales section, simply click on one to engage in a conversation!

As always, don't hesitate if you have any questions. And of course, we'd love to hear your feedback!

Have a great day,
Gérald from IndieBill

ps: you can proceed to a payment of $1.95 on the demo page if you'd like to see how it works. Of course, we can issue you a refund - just drop us a line on the live chat!

Hello everyone,

A quick update about IndieBill:

--> Your payment pages can now feature a video preview to tease your customers and increase your sales. Of course, it is optional. And you can upload video previews on Skype show and Snapchat payment pages as well (MP4 format is recommended).

--> You now have a public product listing displaying the products of your choice, so that it is easier to promote a single place to your customers instead of the payment pages separately. Here is an example for you to see: https://www.getindiebill.com/store/list/IndieBill_Demo

The current public listing is rather minimalist in terms of features, but we look forward to make it better overtime thanks to your feedback. It's not a store, but it is the first step toward one :)

As always, let us know what you think!

I wish you a great evening,
Gérald

Awesome service, I'm currently waiting for IndieBill to complete my ID Verification! Can't wait to start selling with you guys! :shame:

Hey @EbaeXXX I just noticed your post now. Thank you very much for the praise ! I hope you have enjoyed working working with us since then :)

Hey! I'm also in the ID verification process and trying to find more information about the payment options.

As I understand, you don't work with FirstChoice (former Payoneer, just in case) at the moment? I mean oficially working - my account does not support private loads, unfortunately (I'm from Ukraine). If not, do you have any plans on that?

I'd appreciate some detailed information on payment options for Ukraine. We're not EU yet (hopefully yet not forever lol). Obviously, I should personally contact the customer support on this question and I will, but it may be also nice to enlighten the topic here for other models with similar issues.

I haven't worked with Wire transfers yet and can't actually realize the possible pitfalls of this method. Is it free for all countries? What should I google to find info on hypothetical local fees? I mean, i.e. if you use SEPA network only, I probably won't be able to use it due to the fact that my country is not part of it or EU in general.

Hello everyone,

@RedGinger thanks for the questions. Below is the same information that I shared with you on the live chat so everyone can have it :)

We do work with FirstChoice / Payoneer, we recently joined the FirstChoice Mass Payout program so that we can payout everyone via Payoneer.

For Ukraine partners we additionally have PrivatBank transfers in UAH directly at a very good rate (the mid-market rate, the one which is on Google basically). It arrives pretty fast - takes about 8 hours usually to reach your account - and the money is sent for free (you won't have any fee on the receiving end either normally).

We're also able to payout via ePayments which is similar to Payoneer although a bit cheaper and to which we payout in Euros directly.

Don't hesitate if you have more questions.

Have a great day,
Gérald

Reactions: AmberHoney
Yes absolutely, this will part of the next version: customers will be able to input the amount they want to pay :)
(on specific payment pages that you create indeed, if you create a page for selling a video there won't be the option to input a price on it)

This new version is coming in a few weeks, we initially thought by the end of the month but it's going to be early September.

Additionally for custom videos, we plan on integrating payment pages with a form so that your customer can first go through your form, get his price, and is then redirected to a payment page displaying the proper amount. We'll be proposing forms and also want to integrate with custom forms (so that if you don't find our form generator so cool you can go along and create it elsewhere). That won't be part of the next version though, but it's coming not too after: high on priority list.

I'll update this week about a pretty cool store we've been building with kind of a C4S layout for presenting the videos. Very neat :)

Thanks for posting the information here! What I also wanted to know is the way to pay for custom videos (actually the first reason I started to look for the resourse like this and found IndieBill). The quote in this post obviously applies to this question. So far I only see the option to create a tribute page with the specific amounts. So what's up with those updates)?

Hello @RedGinger

Sorry I have missed your post until now. The best way to get a direct answer is through our live chat - we answer all messages there everyday.

I am afraid we have slower than we initially hoped for in terms of new features development. For now people are still using tribute pages to bill for customs, which works rather well. Would it be a solution for you at the moment?

Kind regards,
Gérald

Hello @RedGinger

Sorry I have missed your post until now. The best way to get a direct answer is through our live chat - we answer all messages there everyday.

I am afraid we have slower than we initially hoped for in terms of new features development. For now people are still using tribute pages to bill for customs, which works rather well. Would it be a solution for you at the moment?

Kind regards,
Gérald
Indeed, though I'm talking not only about automation of the process of ordering customs (i.e. drop-down lists with categories, add-ons etc), I mean it's really inconvenient to use only a set amount on the tribute page. Sure, I can discuss all the details elsewhere and direct a customer to my tribute page, but at least the opportunity to manually specify the needed price would be awesome. Some people are ok with rounding the amount, but some prefer strict numbers. Hope that makes sense.

Hi @IndieBill I'm wondering if you are looking at the ability to pay models/studio owners (however u refer to is on ur platform) their payouts in bitcoins in the future?

I love that reading thru this post u are looking at offering bitcoins for customers to purchase with but I would like the option to actually be paid in bitcoins.

This would also give ur site a way to stand out from other sites as there is only one other site that has the bitcoin option for payouts and its an option that REALLY draws to me to provide content for that site over others

@IndieBill has been quiet since May and I am hearing rumors they aren´t paying their models. I am hoping to get this months payment but I really would like to hear from someone about the missing payments before I get more people to pay there.
@AmberCutie Do you happen to know if they are active here? They aren´t on twitter and haven´t responded to my support messages.

@IndieBill has been quiet since May and I am hearing rumors they aren´t paying their models. I am hoping to get this months payment but I really would like to hear from someone about the missing payments before I get more people to pay there.
@AmberCutie Do you happen to know if they are active here? They aren´t on twitter and haven´t responded to my support messages.

I received my payment for the period ending May 16th no problem. I only started using the recently but I haven't had any issues so far. I'm in Canada and using the wire transfer method

• Helpful!
Reactions: Dani Picas
Not for a while:

IndieBill

Member, from Paris, France
IndieBill was last seen:
Mar 31, 2017

• Helpful!
I hope everything is good with indiebill. I have a significant amount of money with them and support has been silent. Wasnt like this last month.

I've got my payment a week later than I reckoned, because it turned out to work a bit different from what was claimed at the site (as I understood it), but I still got it and I'm satisfied. I've written to support before though, so can't be sure if they forgot about me and sent the payment after my reminder or I just had to wait a bit and still get the money.
I use kind of wire transfer, I guess - it's Eastern Europe, we have local payout options on Indiebill.

Hello everyone,

I did not notice the thread was active again, so although it's been a few weeks now I'd like to bring some light on the above issues which were mentioned :

The issue mentioned by @Dani Picas is related to Payoneer payouts which were late on the second half of May due to a funding issue, money took an unusual time to reach our Payoneer wallet unfortunately. Everything has been resolved of course, and all payouts issued.

@RedGinger if you have received other payouts from us since the first one, I believe it must have been way quicker. When we first add a new Eastern European beneficiary there is a 48 hours delay from our bank to vet the account, during which we cannot wire funds.

Issue with @MargotRose has been resolved as well, everything is now running smoothly.

@bamxo we have no public API ready at the moment sorry. We still have plans to, but already have other developments to finish first which are much more time consuming that we anticipated.

Have a great weekend,
Gérald

@Missvc I am not sure what you mean regarding the email ? Please know that you can reach out to us via the live chat if you have any issues

@Missvc I am not sure what you mean regarding the email ? Please know that you can reach out to us via the live chat if you have any issues

When I click the link it takes me to an error page. I'll try checking out your live chat when I get to a computer.

Yep, my second payment was processed much quicker and I'm completely satisfied with how things go) So far it's my favorite payment method among those available to me and I refer all my custom and tribute traffic there. Thanks, guys!

Hello everyone,

I am glad to announce that we have partnered with a well established adult company in order to accelerate IndieBill’s development and provide you with more security.

In particular, this will provide us with the necessary resources to hire people and get a better job done. Since the beginning we were only 2 people at IndieBill (making it hard sometimes to cope with everything), and we should now gradually ramp up to being a team of 10.

Our focus will be on :

Hiring Happiness Officers which responsibility will be to provide quick & helpful answers to you and your customers as well as ensuring people are successful using IndieBill. We won’t be able to offer 24/7 live support directly, but that is what we are aiming for.
Hiring great developers so that we can accelerate the pace at which we deliver new features, and dramatically improve the ease of use.

The company which invests in IndieBill is named DNXCORP SE. They are listed on Paris stock-market and have been around running adult business for more than 15 years. Their yearly revenue is over 50 millions euros (you may know their brand Xcams.com).

Many people were worried that we wouldn’t last long in business due to paying out 85% per sale and covering chargebacks. We hope that you will now be convinced that IndieBill is a rock solid business and there are no risks working with us :)

Besides money, they will also provide us with strategic help over a number of key topics - such as payment processing, market understanding and compliance.

Ludovic and I - the 2 founders - retain full management IndieBill and we are not going anywhere : this is a commit strategy, not an exit one. However, the business will be relocated from France to Hungary - which should be absolutely seamless and not have any impact on our partners (service won’t be interrupted).

France is (sadly) not the best country when it comes to run e-commerce start-ups, especially in the adult industry - that is why we wish to relocate to a place where it’s easier doing business for a startup.

Our motivation for the operation is fairly simple: it’s been frustrating for us that we were not consistently able to deliver up to our expectations. In particular support has been slow at times and we couldn’t provide some much demanded features such as recurring payments, a shopping cart and website builder.

Given the scaling challenges we were facing, we’ve decided to invest time in finding investors so we can step up our game and bring more to the table for our partners.

In this special occasion, we’d like to thank you all for your awesome support. Quite a few people from the ACF community were among the first to join IndieBill, in a time where we were no more than just another website which may be dead within a couple months.

It is thanks to you that IndieBill could live on and grow. You have been bold enough to try it out, and then share your enthusiasm with other models. We hope to reward your trust by building some amazing stuff for you :)

We wish you a great day,
Gérald & Ludovic

PS : Of course do not hesitate to ask questions if you fear about anything

Status
Not open for further replies.