AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Info Models Have on Members in their room

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2015
I was wondering if any models on MFC can help me out with this. I have a model friend on MFC that claims she can tell when I am viewing her in her room as a guest. I understand if I view her from my premium account she can tell when I am in her room. But how can she tell if I am viewing her as a guest? She does know my IP address but I don't know how she can trace my IP address when I am a guest in her room. Do MFC models have these tools to find out who is in her room?

I was recently banned from her room not because I was harassing her but because she didn't want me to tip her anymore because she felt I couldn't afford to.

Thanks for any light that anyone can shed on this subject.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
DanW said:
I was wondering if any models on MFC can help me out with this. I have a model friend on MFC that claims she can tell when I am viewing her in her room as a guest. I understand if I view her from my premium account she can tell when I am in her room. But how can she tell if I am viewing her as a guest? She does know my IP address but I don't know how she can trace my IP address when I am a guest in her room. Do MFC models have these tools to find out who is in her room?

I was recently banned from her room not because I was harassing her but because she didn't want me to tip her anymore because she felt I couldn't afford to.

I am somehow scared now .... :eek:

DanW said:

MFC models do not have any information on our viewers' IP addresses. She's lying to you or making assumptions. Or you're doing something dumb like talk to her via a private message on your other account or something while watching her as a guest and making it obvious that you're there.

Thank you for the reply. I guess what I really need to know is this. Can an MFC model get information about a guest logged into her room via an IP address that was once banned by her but is no longer banned? Does the model have a means to do this? I did not chat with her or any other members since guests were muted in her room so I am certain that I did not clue her in that I was viewing as a guest and I had not logged into my premium account for days. Alternatively, could she have contacted MFC model support and asked them if my IP address was logged into her room (in particular) or into MFC in general? I have no idea how she could determine I was logged in as a guest but she looked directly into the cam and called me out. Thank you to anyone that can help me out. I did email MFC and they said models do not have access to a members IP address but if not or MFC did not provide her with that info I cannot fathom how she could possibly know I was logged into her room.

DanW said:
Thank you for the reply. I guess what I really need to know is this. Can an MFC model get information about a guest logged into her room via an IP address that was once banned by her but is no longer banned? Does the model have a means to do this? I did not chat with her or any other members since guests were muted in her room so I am certain that I did not clue her in that I was viewing as a guest and I had not logged into my premium account for days. Alternatively, could she have contacted MFC model support and asked them if my IP address was logged into her room (in particular) or into MFC in general? I have no idea how she could determine I was logged in as a guest but she looked directly into the cam and called me out. Thank you to anyone that can help me out. I did email MFC and they said models do not have access to a members IP address but if not or MFC did not provide her with that info I cannot fathom how she could possibly know I was logged into her room.

Did you tell/tip off another member via other means who may still frequent her room that you were watching as a guest? They could have told her.

Also, this situation is..."interesting". Why are you so worried that she may know your movements on MFC? You did say you were once (are?) banned.

hapa74 said:
DanW said:

Did you tell/tip off another member via other means who may still frequent her room that you were watching as a guest? They could have told her.

Also, this situation is..."interesting". Why are you so worried that she may know your movements on MFC? You did say you were once (are?) banned.

That or if she allows guest chat, she may have recognized you from what you said. :think:

There really is no way of she knowing you're watching without having someone telling her (and even in that case you would be telling that person you're guesting). Honestly, it just kinda sounds like you annoyed her in some fashion, and she banned assuming you were guesting anyway. I don't really know what help it'll do knowing how/if she knew. I think it's just best to move on at this point.

Ann_Sulu said:
That or if she allows guest chat, she may have recognized you from what you said. :think:

Initially I thought maybe that was the case too, but he said that guests were muted.

DanW said:
I did not chat with her or any other members since guests were muted in her room so I am certain that I did not clue her in that I was viewing as a guest and I had not logged into my premium account for days.

I think I'm going to have to go back to the "psychic/NSA" suppositions on this one. Either that or it's a totally random coincidence, and she just does that sometimes, thinking you may be lurking around...I have no idea. :p

Some years ago I had an online friend, but he got a little odd, and would say he wouldn't be online for a month but then message me on a different AIM account. I could always tell that it was him because of patterns in the way he typed and based on what he talked about. And if you know how to bait a reaction to a certain topic and the reaction is as expected, then bingo, it's the same person. There are other ways to tell, but those are the easiest.

Clearly she suspected that you would be there, so it's more about deduction than being psychic or using an IP.

LuthienBlythe said:
Some years ago I had an online friend, but he got a little odd, and would say he wouldn't be online for a month but then message me on a different AIM account. I could always tell that it was him because of patterns in the way he typed and based on what he talked about. And if you know how to bait a reaction to a certain topic and the reaction is as expected, then bingo, it's the same person. There are other ways to tell, but those are the easiest.

Clearly she suspected that you would be there, so it's more about deduction than being psychic or using an IP.

Yeah there's not a lot more annoying than members claiming they're offline then mentioning something they saw when they were supposedly not there or something. Some members say they feel it's creepy to show up on a member account every day, but I say it's not. If your're a guy who shows up everyday, because he either he's bored, horny or working on something and needs background noise, that's totally normal. To me it's creepy when a guy pretends not to be there (and build a story around it to the model). I get the whole voyeur thing I guess, but to me the internet (when it's not like I know you offline anyway) is already pretty voyeur on it's own lol.

In regards to the threadstarters question:
You say she had previousily banned you as guest. You can ban guests, which is an IP address ban.
Did she ban you (and all the guests in her room), then you messaged her saying "I'm banned, can you remove it?", basically telling her that she had banned you as guest and you were lurking?

Ann_Sulu said:
Yeah there's not a lot more annoying than members claiming they're offline then mentioning something they saw when they were supposedly not there or something. Some members say they feel it's creepy to show up on a member account every day, but I say it's not. If your're a guy who shows up everyday, because he either he's bored, horny or working on something and needs background noise, that's totally normal. To me it's creepy when a guy pretends not to be there (and build a story around it to the model). I get the whole voyeur thing I guess, but to me the internet (when it's not like I know you offline anyway) is already pretty voyeur on it's own lol.

I've actually considered making a thread asking about this, but it felt a little too personal.

I've perv'ed as guest when I was out of tokens and incredibly bored, feeling anti-social and not wanting to talk to anyone, or just when I just wanted to jerk off and log out without any hassle. I didn't even consider it to be remotely creepy until reading this post.

My thought process is the following: "if I can't pay for the models time, then I shouldn't be logged in talking to her and taking up her time.". Now I could just log in and stay silent but I've seen models get very insulted when a well tipping, generally talkative member sits in chat and doesn't say a word, let alone say "hi". The obvious solution is silent guest perving!

I've also considered that it doesn't look good when a usually well-tipping member is not tipping. It gives members the feeling that they can slack off their tips and it will be fine. Models get upset when a member comes in and says "I can't tip you today!" because her responding gives other members the idea that it is okay to not tip. Isn't there an implied statement that is exactly the same when a usually well tipping member comes in and doesn't tip. Even worse, what does it say if he gets the same attention he normally gets when he tips? I've seen this exact scenario in practice a few times when I've tried to "hang out" with the model with less tips then normal (never hanging out and not tipping mind you). Was my presence causing the slow nights when I've tried doing it? I can't say for sure, but I doubt they helped her night.

I'm incredibly curious about models opinions on this.

I suppose on re-reading your post, it's more that you consider it creepy when a member goes out of his way and outright lies about not being there. That definitely enters the creepy realm in my books.

ACFFAN69 said:
You say she had previousily banned you as guest. You can ban guests, which is an IP address ban.
Did she ban you (and all the guests in her room), then you messaged her saying "I'm banned, can you remove it?", basically telling her that she had banned you as guest and you were lurking?

Ann_Sulu said:

I've actually considered making a thread asking about this, but it felt a little too personal.

I've perv'ed as guest when I was out of tokens and incredibly bored, feeling anti-social and not wanting to talk to anyone, or just when I just wanted to jerk off and log out without any hassle. I didn't even consider it to be remotely creepy until reading this post.

My thought process is the following: "if I can't pay for the models time, then I shouldn't be logged in talking to her and taking up her time.". Now I could just log in and stay silent but I've seen models get very insulted when a well tipping, generally talkative member sits in chat and doesn't say a word, let alone say "hi". The obvious solution is silent guest perving!

I've also considered that it doesn't look good when a usually well-tipping member is not tipping. It gives members the feeling that they can slack off their tips and it will be fine. Models get upset when a member comes in and says "I can't tip you today!" because her responding gives other members the idea that it is okay to not tip. Isn't there an implied statement that is exactly the same when a usually well tipping member comes in and doesn't tip. Even worse, what does it say if he gets the same attention he normally gets when he tips? I've seen this exact scenario in practice a few times when I've tried to "hang out" with the model with less tips then normal (never hanging out and not tipping mind you). Was my presence causing the slow nights when I've tried doing it? I can't say for sure, but I doubt they helped her night.

I suppose on re-reading your post, it's more that you consider it creepy when a member goes out of his way and outright lies about not being there. That definitely enters the creepy realm in my books.
I think this would be an awesome thread topic! You should start one, I would have a contribution for sure!

ACFFAN69 said:

Ann_Sulu said:

Yeah, sorry if I wasn't completely clear. I don't mind if a person guests, but when they say things like "Oh I never come to the site anymore, but work and stuff...", then they bring up xyz show that happened. Of course I'd rather members come in under member accounts, since guests don't talk in my room (muted), but I understand they don't want the pressure either whether it be chatting or tipping.I don't know, I guess I can just handle freeloaders more than people insulting my intelligence to cover up what they feel is something shameful.

Thanks for everyone's help. I think I've made this topic too confusing. The model and I are friends. She banned me once as a premium member because she did not want me to feel obligated to tip in her room to make her needed goal. The ban is no longer but she doesn't want me in her room as a member but on occasion so that her other regulars start stepping up and tipping her. We both agreed to that. She said I am welcome to view as a guest if I choose to do so and I have. The other night while I was viewing as a guest (I did not tell her or any other mmembers that I would be doing so) she was perhaps having one of her worst evenings on cam when all of a sudden she called me out on cam and said that she new I was viewing her. My point is this. She told me that she has means to determine when I am in her room as a guest. She has guests muted so I dont chat with her or anyone else. How can she possibly know if I am in fact logged into her chat room as a guest? The only two things that I can think of is that she still has my premium member account (member name and IP address) info somewhere in the model software that she can access since l'm using the same IP adress or she is getting info somehow from MFC that my IP address is logged into her room. I just dont know what else it could be unless she is lying. I don't necessarily care if she has access to this info just the fact a model could have access to it if they want it. Oh, and by the way the premium account that she banned a while back (because she didnt want me tipping her) was deleted. She knows my new premium account because I told her what my new name was.

DanW said:
Thanks for everyone's help. I think I've made this topic too confusing. The model and I are friends. She banned me once as a premium member because she did not want me to feel obligated to tip in her room to make her needed goal. The ban is no longer but she doesn't want me in her room as a member but on occasion so that her other regulars start stepping up and tipping her. We both agreed to that. She said I am welcome to view as a guest if I choose to do so and I have. The other night while I was viewing as a guest (I did not tell her or any other mmembers that I would be doing so) she was perhaps having one of her worst evenings on cam when all of a sudden she called me out on cam and said that she new I was viewing her. My point is this. She told me that she has means to determine when I am in her room as a guest. She has guests muted so I dont chat with her or anyone else. How can she possibly know if I am in fact logged into her chat room as a guest? The only two things that I can think of is that she still has my premium member account (member name and IP address) info somewhere in the model software that she can access since l'm using the same IP adress or she is getting info somehow from MFC that my IP address is logged into her room. I just dont know what else it could be unless she is lying. I don't necessarily care if she has access to this info just the fact a model could have access to it if they want it. Oh, and by the way the premium account that she banned a while back (because she didnt want me tipping her) was deleted. She knows my new premium account because I told her what my new name was.

Would she have any other way of knowing you were online at the time? Skype? Twitter? It's possible she knew you were online and just assumed you were therefore in her room.

Reactions: JimsX and DanW
No there is absolutely no other way for her to have known I was in her room as a guest. No correspondence at all. And I wasn't in her room but for 5 mins when she called me out. And I would not typically be in her room at that hour either. This has got me so perplexed and she is adamant that she can determine when I am in her room but she wont tell me how. Those cam models responding to this post (thank you all) say they don't have the means to determine the identity of a guest in their room but my model friend claims otherwise. I've asked MFC and they concur with those models that have responded that IP address and other onfo is not available to them. So either my model friend is lying to me or perhaps a model may request certain verifications from MFC regarding who is logged into their rooms.

If she doesn't want you in her room for one reason or another, don't go in her room. Don't perv, don't guest, don't lounge. Just don't go. Problem solved.

It's irrelevant whether she can see you or not, that's not the problem. The problem is that she *saw* you. Right? She wouldn't have seen you if you weren't there.

Go on with your regular account or don't go in; she banned you for a reason. If you want to come back, send her an MFCmail or some other form of contact when she is *not* working and ask her if it is okay (since you said your ban had expired).

As a model, it feels really, really creepy when you *know* someone specific is watching you and they don't say a damn word.

Side-note - Bans are IP specific, so regardless of whether you are a guest or logged in, if you are actively banned you will not be able to access the room. Circumventing an IP ban just adds a whole new level of stalker creepiness so just don't do that.

Why not just make a second member account to chat with the model? That way the model's other members won't wait for you to tip, and you can participate in the model's chat normally?

DanW said:
So either my model friend is lying to me or perhaps a model may request certain verifications from MFC regarding who is logged into their rooms.
She could be lying about why she banned you. Seems weird for her to ban you to keep you from spending money and then calling you out after she said to watch as a guest. Like, was she mad or what happened? Has to be something you aren't telling us here. If you are on good terms with her, why not just talk to her about it and come up with a solution you can both agree on. If she doesn't want you in her room for some reason, watch from the lounge or find a new girl. Camsites are meant to be fun but this sounds like a buncha unnecessary drama, might be best to move on.

This is a little off topic, but related, and quite a few years ago. I once had a model quote me my name, address, and credit card details to confirm who I was over some issue.... not MFC, on another site. Hopefully security for members is better these days.

Reactions: AnneDVille and DanW
DanW said:

I'm guessing it was a regular time you'd watch her show? It wouldn't take a crystal ball to tell her that you were watching as a guest if you both agreed that you would do so.
She was having a really rough night (the worst she's ever had according to your own words) before calling you out. My guess is, she was hanging on to her last thread and having an emotional outburst while knowing you were perving as a guest and not helping her get out of like you normally would. This set her off to call you out on it.

If you both agreed you'd watch as a guest, it's a pretty obvious conclusion that you probably were if you normally visit at that time.

Honestly, you should take this as a warning sign and be happy to cut your losses. There are so many better models out there! :thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:

Man, this is such strange behaviour in my opinion. As a model, I have only ever banned people from my room (in my 2~ weeks on MFC) if they're being straight up rude/nasty, not because they're "tipping too much" and might not be able to afford it. Don't get me wrong, I deeply care for all my regulars because I consider them all my friends at this point, and while I encourage them to not go out of their ways to tip me, I'm beyond grateful for all the tips and gifts I get from them. That and also the fact that, well, we're all freaking grown ups in here. If someone for any reason whatsoever decided to spend their last dime on me... well, I'll just thank them and hope they can find a way to get by, you know? I'm sure it must sound awful, but I like to believe we're all responsible and know what we're doing with our time and money.

Now, in my short time on MFC I can confirm (at least in my experience), that there is no way for us to know your IP address as a guest... possibly not even as a premium. We have multiple banning options and most bans aren't even permanent unless we want them to be. This all just screams "she's lying!" to me. As some other people have suggested, if it was agreed you'd lurk as a guest and it was on her usual schedule and a time where she'd assume you were around, I'm 100% sure she just guessed. I mean, think about it... psychic powers or NSA ties aside, how hard could it be for her to just say "Hey xxxx I know you're there!" in more than one occassion and just getting lucky and "calling you out" on this specific occasion because you actually were there this time?

All in all, this sounds just weird to me. Personally I would talk to her and ask her to be 100% square in whether she wants you in her room or not. No one died for lack of tips, let alone an abundance of them. I sincerely hope you can step back and ask yourself whether this whole mess is worth it... like someone said, there are literally THOUSANDS of models out there that will appreciate both your company and your tips.

:twocents-02cents:

i would agree with all the suggestions,, She just guessed. Happened a lot to me 4 years ago when i was a regular in a room.. hell , even the guests were calling my name out)... have fun .

Reactions: ACFFAN69 and DanW
I have come to that same conclusion that she was guessing as well. I no longer visit her room neither as a premium or guest. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Reactions: UniCornX
I was looking at the the thread subject, and it brought to mind a much more important type of info models have on members in their room.

When you are trying to be all grumpy about something, and they do that thing :oops: , that they know you love. That is total abuse of confidential information I think. Or on a more serious note, they also know what you hate the most also in some cases.

Shaun__ said:
When you are trying to be all grumpy about something, and they do that thing :oops: , that they know you love. That is total abuse of confidential information I think.

There's this one model who has done well on MFC who I first got to know on another site many years ago. She occasionally did this thing where she would lightly tap her nose twice with her index finger. It's a small, silly thing but it was so adorable that I still remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.