AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Info on MFC (first day on site)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensualJade

Cam Model
Nov 8, 2021
Ok so I’m a streamate model but just signed up for mfc. I made 1079 tokens for my first stream in a half hour. Is that good? Between sm and mfc which do you tend to make more on? What should I look out for? How much to charge? Whiteboard tips? Where’s the tip menu? Which works best for you the whiteboard or the tip menu? Are privates worth it? All basics and guests are blocked.

I’m just passed my first year as a model so I figured it was time to switch things up. Any tips and tricks and just overall helpful information would be appreciated!

Ok so I’m a streamate model but just signed up for mfc. I made 1079 tokens for my first stream in a half hour. Is that good? Between sm and mfc which do you tend to make more on? What should I look out for? How much to charge? Whiteboard tips? Where’s the tip menu? Which works best for you the whiteboard or the tip menu? Are privates worth it? All basics and guests are blocked.

I’m just passed my first year as a model so I figured it was time to switch things up. Any tips and tricks and just overall helpful information would be appreciated!
Cant really say too much since I'm not allowed to work on MFC but here's some more general thoughts and as for is it good, good is relative and without any context carries no meaning. Some people would be over the moon with 1000+ on their first day, others would feel that it is really low, it all comes down to your expectations and what you earn on other platforms. If you feel the stream went well and it is inline with your expectations then I would say it's good.

Some other things you may want to take into account other than overall token amount to help you determine if it was a good stream (imo) would be:

Were the majority of tips from a single tipper or from multiple tippers? (ideally again imo more people tipping less is better than a single person tipping a lot, it prevents you from becoming reliant on one or two members)
Traffic flow: Did you have a good flow of members to the room, even if members arnt staying or tipping, having a flow of members at least shows that people are finding your room and that your thumbnail image (room design and what is shown in the thumbnail) is engaging enough to have people click on it.

As for privates, it kind of depends on how you want your room to be, if you want to build your room to concentrate more on groups of members working towards public goals rather than having pvts it might be better to allow them to tip to schedule a pvt for after your show.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong on this but I think the tip menu is set up on the mfc share page?

Personally I would use the white board and the tip menu, you can keep a copy of the tip menu on the white board but you can also update it with anything you plan like raffles, theme nights etc basically using it as a notice board for your room.

From what I remember one of the big things to look out for was fake tips, theres an emote of a tip that people used to spam to try and get free shows.

Missed the edit window but:
ETA: Missed the 30 mins part, which does add context. Congratulations btw. As long as your happy with what your earning I would say that's where the marker for good is. (personally I would consider 1000+ in 30 mins a great day, but that's in comparison to what I would normally earn).

Cant really say too much since I'm not allowed to work on MFC but here's some more general thoughts and as for is it good, good is relative and without any context carries no meaning. Some people would be over the moon with 1000+ on their first day, others would feel that it is really low, it all comes down to your expectations and what you earn on other platforms. If you feel the stream went well and it is inline with your expectations then I would say it's good.

Some other things you may want to take into account other than overall token amount to help you determine if it was a good stream (imo) would be:

Were the majority of tips from a single tipper or from multiple tippers? (ideally again imo more people tipping less is better than a single person tipping a lot, it prevents you from becoming reliant on one or two members)
Traffic flow: Did you have a good flow of members to the room, even if members arnt staying or tipping, having a flow of members at least shows that people are finding your room and that your thumbnail image (room design and what is shown in the thumbnail) is engaging enough to have people click on it.

As for privates, it kind of depends on how you want your room to be, if you want to build your room to concentrate more on groups of members working towards public goals rather than having pvts it might be better to allow them to tip to schedule a pvt for after your show.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong on this but I think the tip menu is set up on the mfc share page?

Personally I would use the white board and the tip menu, you can keep a copy of the tip menu on the white board but you can also update it with anything you plan like raffles, theme nights etc basically using it as a notice board for your room.

From what I remember one of the big things to look out for was fake tips, theres an emote of a tip that people used to spam to try and get free shows.
Yeah my room was flooded! I'm guessing it's just because i'm brand new. How long does that new model status last? I had one regular private and a few spies, and then a group show that seemed to go well. The majority of tips were from the group show. SM was ridiculously slow, i don't know how you guys did post Halloween but for me yesterday was great and today was brutal, so that's why I logged on MFC.

Yeah my room was flooded! I'm guessing it's just because i'm brand new.
The new tag would have had something to do with it, but theres also plenty of models that will have the new tag and still have slow rooms (traffic either dosnt come into the room because the thumbnail dosnt make them want to enter or they enter and quickly bounce out the room) so I wouldnt sell yourself too short with the work that you put in to keeping the members in your room.

I'm trying to find how much 1079 tokens is...i could have sworn there was a site that converted this before but now all i see it bitcoin stuff... and pardon me i cannot do math lol

I'm trying to find how much 1079 tokens is...i could have sworn there was a site that converted this before but now all i see it bitcoin stuff... and pardon me i cannot do math lol
Just over $50

easy math - 1079 x 0.05 = 53.79

whatever your token amount is x by 0.05 to find out what you made. I'm bad at math too, i just keep that "tokens x 0.05" on a sticky note on my screen and I can plug it into a calculator when I need to

Reactions: AussieCosplay
How do you guys handle PM's ? I'm receiving a lot!
I do 100 tokens for friend add, and only have it set to PMs from friends only. Then I say hi, and a few small talk things. If they aren't using it to set up a show right there and then I either tell them directly what I want tipped for a dirty talk package, or that I don't do unlimited chat and dirty talk in my PMs (because obviously I have a room to cater to, and I "know you wouldn't want to be that guy that got in the way of me having fun and making money tonight, right?!" lol). So I try to upsell them on a package, arrange a show, or kinda wean them off with slower responses, more spaced out etc. Otherwise it can and will get insane. My price for a friend add is actually pretty low. I think most models charge more for that. I won't PM with anyone at all who hasn't paid that. Just because ofg the sheer numbers of timewasters and guys that want to bargain down to ridiculous rates for shows. I don't even want to waste my time saying No or having to read broke guys haggling over a non essential service.

There are a lot of models who use cashapp, venmo etc. I don't, and it can get you in trouble taking clients offsite. So I try to cut that whole crowd out right from the getgo.

How do you guys handle PM's ? I'm receiving a lot!
I have mine set to premium members only. Same goes for being able to type in the room.
Allowing Guests to interact is absolutely NOT WORTH THE GROSSNESS!!!

I ignore most DMs, and reply verbally to anything not private in nature.

I also remind members that "I'm not good at splitting my focus so I can't type and also do a good show, so please chat in the main chat."

As for 1000tk that's great! New model time is the best time to build your support base.

For telling how many tokens is what, theres a charlesbot feature that converts them to your currency.
Personally I generally round it in my head these days, 1,000=$50usd, 2,000=$100usd, 10,000=$500usd, 20,000=$1,000usd.

If you haven't added charlesbot and mfcalerts to your room, definitely do...they make life much easier!

As Lacey mentioned having vids/pics in your share helps a shitload, and they're great to use as prizes for games like the charlesbot wheels or lovense games.

I have mine set to premium members only. Same goes for being able to type in the room.
Allowing Guests to interact is absolutely NOT WORTH THE GROSSNESS!!!

I ignore most DMs, and reply verbally to anything not private in nature.

I also remind members that "I'm not good at splitting my focus so I can't type and also do a good show, so please chat in the main chat."

As for 1000tk that's great! New model time is the best time to build your support base.

For telling how many tokens is what, theres a charlesbot feature that converts them to your currency.
Personally I generally round it in my head these days, 1,000=$50usd, 2,000=$100usd, 10,000=$500usd, 20,000=$1,000usd.

If you haven't added charlesbot and mfcalerts to your room, definitely do...they make life much easier!

As Lacey mentioned having vids/pics in your share helps a shitload, and they're great to use as prizes for games like the charlesbot wheels or lovense games.
Yeah I just changed it to friends only and set a minimum of 20 tokens per tip. I don’t want no nickels thrown at me so I figured a dollar is reasonable…if only they seen it that way lol.

Ok I’ll check out the apps today..haven’t seen that anywhere yet. Thanks!

Yeah I just changed it to friends only and set a minimum of 20 tokens per tip. I don’t want no nickels thrown at me so I figured a dollar is reasonable…if only they seen it that way lol.

Minimum tips may not be the way to go. I’m not saying don’t do it… cos I get it one token walls etc can be annoying butttt … yeah. If you’re getting negative responses or finding it hard, try lifting that.

I’m saying that just because I don’t believe it’s the norm to do that on mfc.. so it may put members off (now I haven’t been on mfc as a model for a few years so that may have changed… maybe a more active mfc model can chime in)

But definitely friends list only for DMs and set a price for a friend add

Last edited:

Minimum tips may not be the way to go. I’m not saying don’t do it… cos I get it one token walls etc can be annoying butttt … yeah. If you’re getting negative responses or finding it hard, try lifting that.

I’m saying that just because I don’t believe it’s the norm to do that on mfc.. so it may put members off (now I haven’t been on mfc as a model for a few years so that may have changed… maybe a more active mfc model can chime in)

But definitely friends list only for DMs and set a price for a friend add
I'll second this advice... it's possible a new chatter might want to say hello in a smaller tip before they really get going. If they attempt that only to get the notification that they can't, you may have lost a good tipper.

Utilizing the apps will improve your experience for sure, glad @AussieCosplay mentioned them! They started out as third-party apps, but MFC actually hired/added them directly to the site so they're official now.

I make at least 50% of my income from tips under 20tk.

To combat the 1tk tips I have my lovense set to 2tk and up.

If someone wants to throw pennies...let them.
You'd be surprised how fast they add up!

The trick is to create value in them spending a little bit more each hit, making it incrementally more worthwhile to do bigger chunks.

MFC isn't at all like a private show site, the bread and butter of it is the pennies.
Sure you'll get a whale or two here and there but they come and go...the pennies are always flying around and trust us...they really do add up.

Again, 1tk walls are bullshit...but 6tk walls...I'll fuck with that anyday!

I make at least 50% of my income from tips under 20tk.

To combat the 1tk tips I have my lovense set to 2tk and up.

If someone wants to throw pennies...let them.
You'd be surprised how fast they add up!

The trick is to create value in them spending a little bit more each hit, making it incrementally more worthwhile to do bigger chunks.

MFC isn't at all like a private show site, the bread and butter of it is the pennies.
Sure you'll get a whale or two here and there but they come and go...the pennies are always flying around and trust us...they really do add up.

Again, 1tk walls are bullshit...but 6tk walls...I'll fuck with that anyday!
You’re right I suppose…I set it to a minimum of 5. I just don’t want to settle either you know? But anyways…
I notice that mfc traffic seems to be great! It’s just wtf do I do with a silent room of like maybe around 10 and only 2 people talking and tipping…not complaining per se, but from what I’ve observed it’s like I’m a party host whereas sm is more one on one which I’m used to, but it definitely felt like I needed to work harder to get a private on mfc. However it’s more of an investment in a sense where they stay longer on mfc and all that charming and talking and teasing was worth it.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I notice that mfc traffic seems to be great! It’s just wtf do I do with a silent room of like maybe around 10 and only 2 people talking and tipping…not complaining per se, but from what I’ve observed it’s like I’m a party host whereas sm is more one on one which I’m used to, but it definitely felt like I needed to work harder to get a private on mfc. However it’s more of an investment in a sense where they stay longer on mfc and all that charming and talking and teasing was worth it.

This is a really good way of describing MFC and SM, in my opinion.

Reactions: SensualJade
You’re right I suppose…I set it to a minimum of 5. I just don’t want to settle either you know? But anyways…
Yep. MFC is a more social hangout site and not as much private show focused.

TBCH I probably do less than one PVT per month on MFC I make my tokens in public chat, some girls do club shows so only paying customers can see.
It's easier to make tokens in public though, especially when you're newer.

I understand not wanting to settle but at the same time if you don't have a menu item for the tipped amount...then it's pretty much free money.
Setting the minimum tip amount on lovense products to 5 would possiby achieve a similar goal?

How is MFC on the weekends vs weekdays in general? Im aware answers may be biased, im just trying to get an idea of maybe fitting a Sunday into my schedule. Usually Sundays on SM are extremely busy for me.

How is MFC on the weekends vs weekdays in general? Im aware answers may be biased, im just trying to get an idea of maybe fitting a Sunday into my schedule. Usually Sundays on SM are extremely busy for me.
I tend to be way busier weekends on mfc. Curious what everyone else says here too.

I tend to be way busier weekends on mfc. Curious what everyone else says here too.
Same.
For me the first part of the week is slower than the second half as well, though that's also the case across all fun treat based industries...people tend to be on good behaviour until they're done with the week and need to escape a bit.

I have a couple of other questions…I just set up Charlesbot which is amazing and super helpful! I’m just a little confused on how to start games and stuff, especially since I’m used to basic SM.

And also is it absolutely necessary to use OBS? I was reading that I can’t use a spin the wheel without it? I’m not going to lie I feel a bit overwhelmed. I’m still excited though! It’s just I want to set up a way to start a tip war where people vote for a particular show and I’m caught between not wanting to show too much in free chat and only keep masturbation shows for super private. Oh and how do club shows work?

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Status
Not open for further replies.