AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Interested to get thoughts on my experience tonight

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princesspeaches666

Cam Model
May 27, 2020
Chaturbate Username
Princesspeaches666
Hi everyone,

I'm still unpacking this so apologies for my run-on sentences and such. Happy to clarify anything but I wanted to dump the info while it was fresh in my ADHD brain.
I'm interested to get some thoughts on a scenario tonight.

I cam on Chaturbate.
Pretty close to when I was getting ready to log off, a new dark purple guy came into my room and tipped me 10tkns for a PM.
I sweetly let him know it's 21 to pm me as stated on my tip menu. He didn't reply for a bit so I asked if he had heard me and he said nope.
I pmed him to let him the charge (to be nice honestly), and he came back at me that my pm price was too high and that he'd never seen a price that high and started giving me unsolicited advice on how to treat purples because of the earning potential.
I let him know I was aware of the color system, and that I did see he was at the top of my list (which is sorted by tkn ammt) but I usually don't give special treatment because of the money I *might* make.
I tried to be polite but firm.
I also let him know he was arguing over a difference of 10 tokens, I've had plenty of people pay 21 to talk to me. You don't think my time is worth $1.05?
We went back and forth for awhile, I really didn't want to fight him but I did want him to understand that girls get all kinds of scams and unsolicited advice while camming.
If I pm you for less then I'm asking for I feel like that opens the door to ask for more for less.
Anyway eventually we came to an agreement and his boner came back and we went private (which kept crashing, that's a whole different story).

I guess what I'm asking is:
Is 21tkns on Chaturbate high for a pm? I don't even know anymore. I'm honestly not even opposed to changing the price, but it makes me feel weird when I settle for less than I am asking for.
Am I wrong for trying to stand up for myself?
How do you handle entitled customers?
I think my time is valuable and I don't want to deal with a customer who thinks it isn't.
There is no reason to be disrespectful to a camgirl, we're all just out here trying to make ends meet.
IDK I'm glad I turned it around but the whole time I was just like what is your goal here in lecturing me on how to be a camgirl for cheap dudes?
His whole argument was "I came into your store and now I'm telling you why I'm leaving".
I understand I am selling myself as product but that doesn't mean I have to haggle with dudes over a private message price I feel like.

I am a CB user, not rich and not a big spender, but I personally do not think 21 tks for a PM is too high at all.
I mean, unless you're a guy who's wanting to go spam all models with a PM then you're going to complain at the price regardless, as it will obviously add up.

But typically, a legit paying customer who wants a PM is going to do it to discuss a PVT, so they are not going to many models each day to do this.

Too many guys on cam sites think they know everything or can be helpful when in reality they do not. It doesn't matter how smart they are, as they only see what is wanted to be seen.
However, with that said, I think you were very right, just remain firm and remain with your pricing.. If it's slow days and you wish to make exceptions or exceptions for regulars/friends, then that is up to you, but don't feel that just because a member has 10,000 tokens, he deserves special treatment.

Edit:
And just to add, not sure if it's because of where I am from (England, UK) but we are not common to haggle for anything. We have items in stores at a set price and we pay those prices because that is what it is. We understand the company/brand has to pay many things and the pricing is to cover everything as well as making some profit - regardless of how much profit that is. I personally feel way too rude to go into ANY store and try to haggle. I wouldn't even care if i thought the thing was WAY over priced, I would just try to find similar in terms of what I want, and buy from somewhere else. SO him trying to use this as a way to make you charge less etc is, quite frankly, dumb.

He sounds like an asshole. I probably would have blocked him and called him rude names for trying to make me become his dancing monkey for pennies. There are no cymbals in my hand and I am not a wind up toy. Guys like that get the shown the door or turned into fucked up femdom toys for my amusement.

Your rates are fair. He is an asshole that is trying to take advantage by haggling your more than fair rates.

The default tip when you click that button is 25 tokens. It’s what CB management considered an okay “hello” tip. It is also the minimum tip required to rate a model. With this in mind, any amount that makes the member change the default tip amount to a LOWER number should be considered cheap

He sounds like an asshole. I probably would have blocked him and called him rude names for trying to make me become his dancing monkey for pennies. There are no cymbals in my hand and I am not a wind up toy. Guys like that get the shown the door or turned into fucked up femdom toys for my amusement.

Your rates are fair. He is an asshole that is trying to take advantage by haggling your more than fair rates.

His whole argument was well I'm GOING to spend money on a private so you should just let me DM you for this rate, I can't buy things with going to spend money dude. In the end I was happy to take some of his money tho lol. IDK if I'd deal with him again tho.

I honestly never think a members spending history on other people on the site matter enough for me to roll out the red carpet for them and give them specialized treatment. This member is a prick.

I’ve had high point members on MFC lowball me and treat me like absolute crap and they thought their spending history on other models should be enough for me to kiss their ass and let them control my room.

dude needs to realize being purple on cb doesn’t mean anything to someone who doesn’t know him and isn’t being tipped by him for him to be purple. He is 100% in the wrong. A spending history on a cam site doesn’t give you a golden ticket to control a models prices or that she should turn into a dancing monkey holding a cup out of the hopes you’ll tip.

Don't ever let members dictate your rates. The next time when someone complains about your rates, don't give them attention. Ignore or ban them. Stand your ground.

When people complain about my tipping rates, I don't give them the time of day. I say "okay that's fine, don't tip me my required amount and I won't fulfill your request." From my experience, it will sometimes encourage others to tip or take me to private. Last night when I got on cam I had so many people begging for flashes without tipping. It wasn't even 5 minutes and I already had at least 10 beggars. I got annoyed and explained when a beggar asked why I was mad. Someone took me to private immediately after and said "I'll gladly pay." So there is something to you sticking to your guns.

Sometimes the beggar or person trying to haggle to pay your full amount too.

His whole argument was well I'm GOING to spend money on a private so you should just let me DM you for this rate, I can't buy things with going to spend money dude. In the end I was happy to take some of his money tho lol. IDK if I'd deal with him again tho.

In future with guys like that, tell them "well in that case, if you don't wish to pay for a PM, at least use tip notes to say what you would like from the PVT, and we can go from there" (as in you could respond to him vocally).

ps he did eventually pay me the rest of the 21 plus some more tokens for private lol.
Thank you all! I think you're right, I should not have given him the time of day, dude was way too entitled and mansplainy. That shit makes me bone dry.
Tipping is how you show appreciation and respect for someone sharing their body and time with you.
You wouldn't go to Starbucks and say, I'm going to buy 10 frappuccino so you should give me a scone for 50 cents right now.

Thanks again lovelies!

My room is usually on the quiet side, but I still hate being pulled away to tend to PMs. I used to reply to them for free all the time before I realized how exhausting it sometimes is, and smartened up. I set my PM price to 50 tokens because I hate them so much, haha. I've seen higher, but that's usually in busier rooms from what I can tell.

More to the point - I don't think you asked for too much at all. I'm glad he ended up forking over something for your trouble, ugh. Get it girl!

The default tip when you click that button is 25 tokens. It’s what CB management considered an okay “hello” tip. It is also the minimum tip required to rate a model. With this in mind, any amount that makes the member change the default tip amount to a LOWER number should be considered cheap

I have yet to read anything from you that isn't brilliant. I just want you to know that this post made me feel so much better about some of my tip menu pricing - I really appreciate your input and really needed to read this today! Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I'm still unpacking this so apologies for my run-on sentences and such. Happy to clarify anything but I wanted to dump the info while it was fresh in my ADHD brain.
I'm interested to get some thoughts on a scenario tonight.

I cam on Chaturbate.
Pretty close to when I was getting ready to log off, a new dark purple guy came into my room and tipped me 10tkns for a PM.
I sweetly let him know it's 21 to pm me as stated on my tip menu. He didn't reply for a bit so I asked if he had heard me and he said nope.
I pmed him to let him the charge (to be nice honestly), and he came back at me that my pm price was too high and that he'd never seen a price that high and started giving me unsolicited advice on how to treat purples because of the earning potential.
I let him know I was aware of the color system, and that I did see he was at the top of my list (which is sorted by tkn ammt) but I usually don't give special treatment because of the money I *might* make.
I tried to be polite but firm.
I also let him know he was arguing over a difference of 10 tokens, I've had plenty of people pay 21 to talk to me. You don't think my time is worth $1.05?
We went back and forth for awhile, I really didn't want to fight him but I did want him to understand that girls get all kinds of scams and unsolicited advice while camming.
If I pm you for less then I'm asking for I feel like that opens the door to ask for more for less.
Anyway eventually we came to an agreement and his boner came back and we went private (which kept crashing, that's a whole different story).

Dudes coming into the public chat with that "No PMs, bb?" mess drive me bonkers. Lol. Most of the time it's to bug you with "Hi...where from...you're cute" chitchat and flirting that could've just been done right there in the public chat where everyone else is. That guy thinking that it's reasonable to put a measly 50 cents in your pocket to get ONE-ON-ONE attention from you is silly. And him thinking he's a special, entitled little snowflake just because he's a purple member is laughable.

Glad to hear you got a private show out of it, eventually, though. He should've just tipped you the 21 tokens in the first place, instead of dicking around, and y'all could've gotten to the private show fun even sooner. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: princesspeaches666
I stream on MFC. I only PM people on my friends list and that costs 199 tokens. And even then I don’t have long conversations in my PMs. 🤷🏻‍♀️ At the end of the day, it’s your room and your rules. If that’s what you want to charge then don’t accept anything less.

I charge 45tk on CB and MFC for PMs and if a guy tips less and asks about a PM, I'll tell him the price and it's on him at that point. I think my prices are too low tbh because I'm often toggling between the chat room and like 10 PMs and it's not easy. In fact, sometimes I just want to offer THEM 45 tokens to NOT pm me. 😆😆

That said, sometimes a guy will have a question about a pvt and I'll message for free, but the topic needs to stay on the pvt or I'm out. 9/10 those guys want a pvt and not a free chat and that just want to make sure they are paying for what they want. For ME, it feels like good business to let it slide and PM for free.

If he hadn't taken you private, someone else would have. Always remember that when people try to get you work for less. Also, another thing to remember is that if you aren't getting a good feel about someone and you take his money anyway and he wants to become a regular, you're kinda stuck with him. No bossy purples for me.

Sometimes the beggar or person trying to haggle to pay your full amount too.
fuck i hate my dyslexia. i need to clarify.
sometimes the beggar or person trying to haggle will eventually pay your full amount too. like what happened to you OP when you dont back down. :D

There is nothing wrong with 21. Don't let an asshole tell you what price you should make. You can use advice, but don't let that be the final call.

well after 13 years of doing live shows i hate , hate over hate the pms so much that i do not offer them anymore , same for privates. But if anyone insist that want an pms still then thats an 1000 tokens tip , because usually people stay in pms 1-2 hours bangging my attention and pretending it , this highly distract me from y room and minimize my income , so pms price must cover my loss.

As for the prices comments being too high , thats an INSTA BAN

Last edited:
well after 13 years of doing live shows i hate , hate over hate the pms so much that i do not offer them anymore , same for privates. But if anyone insist that want an pms still then thats an 1000 tokens tip , because usually people stay in pms 1-2 hours bangging my attention and pretending it , this highly distract me from y room and minimize my income , so pms price must cover my loss.

As for the prices comments being too high , thats an INSTA BAN

I fully support what you said here.

Status
Not open for further replies.